Search results for query: *

1. Draa Gul

Complete lack of Immersion

Game. Lacks. Soul.
  2. Draa Gul

Leveling is cringe-worthy

Gaining levels and thus attribute and focus points has to be untied from skill level progression.

We need to get general XP we get for doing things such as winning battles, killing enemies, trading, negotiating, finishing quests, etc. That general XP should be used to get us level ups and thus the two aforementioned points.

The skill levels would simply be earned by applying that skill. So trade skill would be gained by trading, fighting skills by fighting, etc.
  3. Draa Gul

Governing a fief should be a minigame: What I'd like to see in a finished version

Actually having to rule your fief sounds like a great idea and would also be a good way to pass the peace time that ought to be a thing. It would be a good way to increase your relation with certain notables in your clan's domain, perhaps at the cost of reducing your realtions with other notables or even other lords, depending on the conflict.
  4. Draa Gul

Peacetime needs to be a thing.

We also need those quests again that you can get from important town people (guild master in Warband) and lords that let you END or START wars. You know, "please convince X and Y lord of the two kingdoms to agree to peace! The merchants can't go on in times of war like this. Think o the economy!"

Political / diplomatic intrigues at least like in Warband when? :grin:
  5. Draa Gul

What do you guys think about that characters are able to walk/run while attacking on foot?

Moving while attacking is an essential part of Mount & Blade's combat system because it factors into the "relative movement speed" system that allows you to deal more damage if there is a high relative movement speed between yourself and your opponent.
  6. Draa Gul

Do troops level up when left in Garrison?

I'd like if we could train the troops in garrisons, but then we also need a way to STOP training them, so the wages for the garrison do not keep going up up and up without us having a way to tell them "STOP TURNING ALL THOSE RECRUITS INTO SERGEANTS COSTING ME A FORTUNE!".

On the matter of recruiting and garrisons, it would be nice to also get the ability to talk to a dude in your keep and tell him "go around and pick up some people to add to the garrison" and he then runs from village to village to do just that. In warband there was a mod for that iirc.
  7. Draa Gul

SP - General The ability to designate specific enemy units to be attacked by our own.

YES! It would already be enough for me if I could just move my formation on top of an enemy one and the order would change from "Infantry: Move to position" to "Infantry: Attack enemy infantry / archers / cavalry / whatever formation is located there".
  8. Draa Gul

Way to train troops

I agree that auto-resolving should not be better than manual battles.

We need party-wide XP and more useful passive training again.
  9. Draa Gul

"Mercenary Guard" unit lacks melee weapons

The Mercenary Guard unit that can be trained from Vlandian peasants uses a crossbow and a big shield. I saw one of them trying to fight looters with fists. Either the unit refused to draw a proper weapon it simply did not have fun.
  10. Draa Gul

SP - General Suggestion of skill system

and we don't have companions like Jeremeus anymore to take care of medical problems I found out.
    That's not true. There ARE medical companions. I have found one in my last playthrough. There are scout companions, too.
  11. Draa Gul

SP - General Suggestion of skill system

Perhaps level ups should be tied to a general XP score that you gain from killing foes, winning battles, training (passive from the Leadership skilled companion / main character with a higher level), doing quests, and generally being successful (trading for a profit, etc. etc.).

Those level ups give you attribute points and focus points as they do right now.

The skill points are gained by actually applying the skill.

If we separate the level ups and the skill points from each other, then we would erase the strange situation of "If I want to raise my skill cap in X skill, I have level up. In order to get another level up, I have to gain more skill points, so I need to use skills I do not want to use / learn." In my opinion that would make the current system much easier to use, because we would get more focus points and attribute points to pump into the skills we actually want to use, without having to worry about acquiring tons of skills elsewhere to get the level up in the first place.
  12. Draa Gul

SP - General Bring back Late Medieval Age gear to Bannerlord!

I enjoy that it is the early middle ages.
  13. Draa Gul

Opinion: The world should start of in a state of peace and wars should end more quickly.

Yeah, peace should come more quickly. Lords should be happy with their conquests sooner, that way they won't go on "ALL OR NOTHING" wars.
  14. Draa Gul

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I do not want to skim through the thread to see if someone perhaps already said this but:

Perhaps level ups should be tied to a general XP score that you gain from killing foes, winning battles, training (passive from the Leadership skilled companion / main character with a higher level), and doing quests.

Those level ups give you attribute points andfocus points as they do right now.

The skill points are gained by actually applying the skill.

If we separate the level ups and the skill points from each other, then we would erase the strange situation of "If I want to raise my skill cap in X skill, I have level up. In order to get another level up, I have to gain more skill points, so I need to use skills I do not want to use / learn." In my opinion that would make the current system much easier to use, because we would get more focus points and attribute points to pump into the skills we actually want to use, without having to worry about acquiring tons of skills elsewhere to get the level up in the first place.
  15. Draa Gul

What is the lore regarding female Lords?

Hm, you raise a good point. Now that you mention it I put thought into it and realized that indeed the female companions complain about sexism-related things in some instances and yet various realms appear to have many female lords. Curious. Can we recruit the Sturgian female unit by the way? So far I have only noticed male soldiers.
  16. Draa Gul

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

Hard cap should be removed, instead it should just become harder and harder to gain a new skill point the better you become.

Also, the level ups need to come quicker or some skills (those that have few opportunities to get XP for them) need to be trained faster.

OR there has to be a way to passively train them, such as handing a book on medicine and perhaps "medical training equipment" to your surgeon so they can gain some medicine XP passively per day instead of you having to get your people beaten up.

"You there, peasants. Fight those looters and try JUST to become wounded. Do NOT die. I cannot have my surgeon train on corpses!"
  17. Draa Gul

700 days test e1.0.4 (images) (snowballing)

Factions in warband could be "re-founded" after they were defeated, right? Or was that just part of the mod (Floris mod pack) that I used?

Basically, if a faction was defeated, the lords joined the various other factions and left Calradia. Lets say Swadia was defeated. One of the Swadian lords joins the Nords. After some time, the ex-Swadian lord is given a fief by the Nord king and decides "MAKE SWADIA GREAT AGAIN" and defects from the Nords, founding Swadia again and all the exiled Swadian lords pop up in his fief like "YEAH TIME TO CREATE A KINGDOM AGAIN".

I feel like this should really happen again. One clan decides "It is time to make my own kingdom / re-create my former home #patriot", rally his clan, gather some men, defect from his current king and bring back the exiled lords. The exiled lords should spawn with some money and some soldiers (representing patriotic peasants being rallied to the banners of their true rulers and exiled knights picking up arms for their homeland) so they have a chance at conquering more land so that they can get a proper economy going and pay for future military campaigns.
  18. Draa Gul

What causes 'disorganized' movement penalty?

No, it only applies after fighting. The penalty ensures that parties that just won a battle cannot chase after the meager rest of enemy forces that is fleeing the fight.

If you exceed your carrying capacity, you simply get the "Overburdened" or "Encumbered" penalty. It has a name similar to those.
  19. Draa Gul

Does anyone else miss pop-up messages?

Remember when in Warband you were riding around, then suddenly a message opped up "X DECLARED WAR ON Y"? I'd like if there were still pop-up messages for certain events of global importance, such as when war is immedient and when war has been declared or when peace has been declared (and later...
Back
Top Bottom