Search results for query: *

1. Dovah4084

Engineers and Blacksmiths

A lot of the companions and characters still needed to be added, or so I remember from one of the EA release posts
  2. Dovah4084

horse melee combat

I was having issues with this at first but then I bought a longer sword. I think I'm using a spatha now and am having no issue with hitting anything.
  3. Dovah4084

C A K E

In light of all the flame for autoblock and people arguing over this and that. In hopes to brighten the mood. I would like to ask why the tavern maids are DUMMY THICC. They got cake. Can I marry one of them? ?
  4. Dovah4084

Overpowered bandits lmao.

Yes at this point in time easiest feels realistic
    Try it out
    If i duel an elite cataphract in a tournament i lose about half my he aslth
    Its still hard for me lol
    Yeah I had to turn back the difficulty so I didn't get one shot by a looter with a sickle while I'm on horseback. That speed multiplier is reallllllyy brutal
  5. Dovah4084

Yeah archers are finicky
    They have to be on a higher elevation if you want them to fire from the rear
    Otherwise i use a v formation
    So once all inf are engaged archers are shooting into the flanks
    But i only have about 10 archers to my 70 inf
    I always start the battle with shield wall Skein and archers in the front. Until they get close and I advance my infantry. But one thing I noticed is that if the enemy has like 1 or 2 cavalry and the rest are infantry. My entire battle line will turn to face the 1 cavalry man behind lines causing them to get shot in the back. So I'm assuming the face the enemy command tells them to face the closest enemy. But this can be resolved by just telling them to face the certain direction. Although I think it might be better if they faced the majority of the enemy force instead of focusing the 1 cav by default like that.

I just want my palpatine guards to shoot like forest bandits ??
  6. Dovah4084

Issue With Soldiers Wages

The wage system makes it incredibly difficult to maintain a decent force. And when you're low on cash and need it asap you're unable to chase looters or bandits down quick enough and just end up losing more money. It's hard to go positive in this game from what I've learned so far.

Plus the day night cycle goes by so damn quick
  7. Dovah4084

Just crank the damage taken to 1/3 until they fix it
    Iv never played warband full real and this has been the most challenging play through so far
    I see where you are coming from
    Cranking down the difficulty is probably what I have to do until it gets fixed. I want a challenge so I can become better more quickly and learn to use the combat commands more effectively but that's impossible when they can throw javelins before my archers decided to fire lmao
  8. Dovah4084

Can't Upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry

The game is stating that I do not have a horse to upgrade Vlandian Infantry to Vlandian Light Cavalry, but I do have horses. Specifically Vlandian Coursers and Sumpter Horses. Are there specific types horses that are required or is this just a bug?
    I think it may be a bug. Because it doesn't specify what type of horse you need so it leads me to believe that any horse will do. I know that I personally was able to upgrade an empire troop into an quite eith just a sumpter.
  9. Dovah4084

Woaw i have no idea how ye play this game, i have fought alot i forest bandits and sea raiders and i rarely lose any men, so its a bit interesting ye lose more then half o yer men when attacking em :shock: i even attackeda khuzait and aye i got recked but i managed to kill 50 out o their 70 men and i meself Only had 40 batannian and sturgian infantery and archers,use tactics more and if ye have a problem getting to the enemy,use shieldwall and dont charge straigth on
    Tactics isn't really an issue on my part. My archers can't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 paces, and mountain bandits can 1v1 Empire legionaries. And honestly I'm not sure I'd be scared to go against an actual lord party because even the LORDS get beat up when the mountain bandits gang up into groups of 50. I'm also on realistic everything.
    Make sure you use the shield wall formation when approaching enemy archers, it forces your men to put up their shields. Otherwise they don't block with it on the approach, and get swiss cheesed.
    I do use shield wall but even then it seems like they somehow manage to hit my men where they arent covered and I cant even use my archers against them because they dont even know how to use their damn bows. My palpatine guards were getting out shot by a bunch of bandits.

I love the game so far, I really do. And i want a challenge and that's why I play on realistic everything. But I feel like some things are just so unbalanced that even the no SP beta excuse doesnt really hold. The devs HAD to have atleast tried playing a version of singleplayer right? I dont know how something like this could slip by. I'm about to just start taking mountain and forest bandits prisoner and recruiting them into my ranks.

Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I love the game and a lot of it looks promising, I just hope they make the right decisions and go down a path that can really make this game legendary.
  10. Dovah4084

Unfinished, maybe?
    I have to admit that those walking machine guns are a little over the top.
    They're mowing you down like no good.
    Unfinished yeah but they had a singleplayer beta that should have told them archers shouldn't now you down like that and mountain bandits should be able to take on elite troops from lords and win. Idk if it's just me or what but holy crap
  11. Dovah4084

I think they are easy, maybe you are making some mistakes. No, it isn't "infantry on front archers on back" that's a common mistake. Archers should be on front, infantry on back until your enemy gets close. That way they can easily shoot enemies, you should harass enemies so your archers can shoot them. If your enemies get close just give "Advance" or "Charge" order to your infantries. If you have cavalries, give follow me command before the battle and get away from your infantry and archers and just charge while your enemies are fighting with your infantry.

quick edit: I didn't fight with any mountain bandits so I don't know their power but this tactic should work
    I'm playing on realistic everything and I still get almost one shot by some dude with a one handed axe. The mountain bandits have cav sometimes and they ignore you and go straight for your lines so the archer thing doesnt always work. Not to mention everyone is still stupid accurate with throwing weapons. It's just really ****ing frustrating some of the mechanics they have in here. Kill everyone in the bandit camp, last dude lands a lucky javelin and you're dead while the rest of your party is still alive in the hideout? Lose your entire party and they take you prisoner. Like some of these things just seem so obviously ridiculous that I'm super annoyed with the devs.

Some mountain bandit parties have fought against actual lords parties and they end up beating them and capturing the lord.

I have a massive shield on horseback and archers manage to hit me in me in the foot everytime and I just get murked.
  12. Dovah4084

Why the heck are all of the bandits so strong? I had 50 or so high tier empire infantry and I lost 17 when I fought against 12 mountain bandits. Same goes for forest bandits. They're so strong its unreal. How the hell am I supposed to fight them if they never miss and can literally come all of...
  13. Dovah4084

horses crashing into soldiers like tanks

Bruh this video clearly shows a racing horse ****ing trampling a man and keep going without a care

Yeah but the more built horses are more likely to trample several men without tripping or having a higher chance of being injured than racing horses. That's the point I made a few replies ago.
  14. Dovah4084

Again wrong:

Destrier best-known war horse of the medieval era.

Though the term "Great Horse" was used to describe the destrier, leading some historians to speculate that such animals were the forerunners of modern draught horse breeds,[12] the historical record does not support the image of the destrier as a draft horse.

They apparently were not enormous draft types.[7] Recent research undertaken at the Museum of London, using literary, pictorial and archeological sources, suggests war horses (including destriers) averaged from 14 to 15 hands (56 to 60 inches, 142 to 152 cm), and differed from a riding horse in their strength, musculature and training, rather than in their size.[8] An analysis of medieval horse armour located in the Royal Armouries indicates the equipment was originally worn by horses of 15 to 16 hands (60 to 64 inches, 152 to 163 cm),[9] about the size and build of a modern field hunter or ordinary riding horse.

Horse racing

Thoroughbreds range in height, which is measured in hands (a hand being four inches). Some are as small as 15 hands while others are over 17.

Wrong:

But it is against the nature of a horse to ride into a solid obstacle, so the cavalry attack took one of two forms: Either the horse did a turn (a rollback, demi-pirouette or volte-face) before it met the target, or it passed the target.47 There is no tactically correct third choice – crashing into the target, with horse and rider being cast down, is documented, but can hardly be called “tactically correct” as the fighter is rendered hors combat.

...the inevitable result of cavalry riding into a solid infantry formation will be that the horse will get stuck in the midst of the infantry, and if the impact did not impale it on the infantry’s pikes or spears, their Katzbalger and Roßschinder53 will soon finish the job. Even if the infantry wanted to get out of the way, they couldn’t – there is no-where to go, and not enough time.

Another argument against the “shock” attack into a solid infantry formation is that it cannot be
    trained; even if done without sharp weapons, it is too dangerous for man and beast on both sides,
    and what cannot be sensibly trained cannot be a regulation battlefield tactic. What can be observed
    in re enactments is that horses will gravitate towards a perceived gap in the formation facing them,
    however small, and will (delicately but irresistibly) shove aside the infantrymen both sides of the gap (experiment done 2015 between the mounted Timetrotter crew and assorted legionary infantry
    at Augusta Raurica, and at Tournoi XIII; ref. also Bachrach, Carolingia ns , p.

Combat Training for Horse and Rider in the Early Middle Ages, Jürg Gassmann
    Again wrong:

Destrier best-known war horse of the medieval era.

Though the term "Great Horse" was used to describe the destrier, leading some historians to speculate that such animals were the forerunners of modern draught horse breeds,[12] the historical record does not support the image of the destrier as a draft horse.

They apparently were not enormous draft types.[7] Recent research undertaken at the Museum of London, using literary, pictorial and archeological sources, suggests war horses (including destriers) averaged from 14 to 15 hands (56 to 60 inches, 142 to 152 cm), and differed from a riding horse in their strength, musculature and training, rather than in their size.[8] An analysis of medieval horse armour located in the Royal Armouries indicates the equipment was originally worn by horses of 15 to 16 hands (60 to 64 inches, 152 to 163 cm),[9] about the size and build of a modern field hunter or ordinary riding horse.

Horse racing

Thoroughbreds range in height, which is measured in hands (a hand being four inches). Some are as small as 15 hands while others are over 17.

Wrong:

But it is against the nature of a horse to ride into a solid obstacle, so the cavalry attack took one of two forms: Either the horse did a turn (a rollback, demi-pirouette or volte-face) before it met the target, or it passed the target.47 There is no tactically correct third choice – crashing into the target, with horse and rider being cast down, is documented, but can hardly be called “tactically correct” as the fighter is rendered hors combat.

...the inevitable result of cavalry riding into a solid infantry formation will be that the horse will get stuck in the midst of the infantry, and if the impact did not impale it on the infantry’s pikes or spears, their Katzbalger and Roßschinder53 will soon finish the job. Even if the infantry wanted to get out of the way, they couldn’t – there is no-where to go, and not enough time.

Another argument against the “shock” attack into a solid infantry formation is that it cannot be
    trained; even if done without sharp weapons, it is too dangerous for man and beast on both sides,
    and what cannot be sensibly trained cannot be a regulation battlefield tactic. What can be observed
    in re enactments is that horses will gravitate towards a perceived gap in the formation facing them,
    however small, and will (delicately but irresistibly) shove aside the infantrymen both sides of the gap (experiment done 2015 between the mounted Timetrotter crew and assorted legionary infantry
    at Augusta Raurica, and at Tournoi XIII; ref. also Bachrach, Carolingia ns , p.

Combat Training for Horse and Rider in the Early Middle Ages, Jürg Gassmann
    Destriers are thought to be a cross between a light draft type and a athletic riding horse. Destriers were robust, muscular, very built. It wasn't some skinny fast Arabian. (It literally states in your reply that they differ in terms of muscular build.) A friesen horse or an Andalusion horse are thought to be good estimates of what Destrier was like. Both of these horses are massive compared to their counterparts. Just because they are the same height does not mean they are the same size.

Also if you look at Battle of Dyrrhachium, (1081) records state that Norman Cavalry charged the center of the Byzantine front and caused it to rout. Horses charge things in today's day and age. A trained warhorse would undoubtedly do the same. This is the middle ages were talking about most of the army was rabble. Aside from the mercenaries and heavily armored knights. It's not unlikely that horses charged into the best target. Which was nothing more than a feudal levy.

Training a horse to give risk its life up isn't impossible like you say it is. You can train an animal to do almost anything with the right tools and training.
    The battle of Carrhae 53bc.
    The battle of Patay 1429AD
    And the battle of Kircholm 1605 are all examples of cavalry being used to break armies with devastating cavalry charges.
  15. Dovah4084

No it's not. Cars don't have brains and don't feel pain when hurt. Horses do:

That horse was so injured that it had to be put down later.

That was because the horse had tripped over him. There are plenty of videos showing horses smearing people and walking away without a scratch. Those racing horses are not the best example to use either. Racing horses are not warhorses, they are smaller, faster, and more agile. If you were to do a side by side comparison of a Australian Draught horse running over a man compared to an Arabian horse. You will most likely find that if repeated, the Australian Draught horse would plow through plenty of men with no problem while the smaller Arabian horse will most likely be injured and trip.

Wrong tool for the wrong job buddy.
  16. Dovah4084

You can't use the real-world fact that a horse is heavy to justify the insane cavalry mechanics in the game currently, because:

1. The weight of an object moving laterally doesn't (much) affect how hard you get hit. Gravity is a vertical force which doesn't really affect momentum. A 40 ton tank which hits you at 20mph is going to impart just as much force as a person who hits you at that speed. If you're standing in a faultline and a moving tectonic plate taps you at 2mph, you won't suddenly get knocked back because of the mass of the object (which is trillions of times more than a horse). Due to the latent elasticity in all objects there is also a limit to how much energy can be transferred in a hit.

2. Horses don't charge headlong into anything stationary. They're not suicidal and no amount of training will override their survival instincts. The "charge" we often read about in sources is usually also a rout by the infantry before they get hit.

but more relevantly,

3. Mount and blade is a game with a disproportionate amount of heavy cavalry, very small battlefields, and no cohesive formations. Even the biggest battles in warband are more like foraging skirmishes, and it's difficult to balance cavalry to be realistic but also not completely wipe the floor in those situations. The solution is to make it much easier for individuals to kill horses which are charging them head on, hence the spear-rearing mechanic. Without these concessions it would just turn the game into a bull in a china shop, which may be more "realistic" in a very short-sighted sense, but doesn't benefit the game.

The lack of morale isn't the issue, it's the ability of horses to crash through multiple lines of stationary infantry without taking much if any damage, while imparting more damage than some arrows. It's absurd.
    Kinetic energy is measured by K=1/2MV^2 20 miles per hour is 8.94 meters per second. 40 tons in kilograms is 36287.4
    K =1/2((36287.4k)(8.94^2))
    K = 1,450,110 Joules
    The average wieght of a male is around 68 kilos.
    K = 1/2((68(8.94^2))
    K = 2,717.4 Joules

As you can see from the youtube links provided and these equations. A warhorse WILL run you over and you WILL get SLAMMED.

You can substitute the weight of a horse for the weight of a tank. The same still applies. The joules will be much greater. The kinetic energy will be much greater.
  17. Dovah4084

Brunswick Uhlans - "The Bruhlans"

Ready to skewer peasants all night long baby.
  18. Dovah4084

FPS stuttering since recent update

I just got the beta this morning and I have been playing for a couple hours and have noticed FPS stuttering as well. I have a decent rig and can only get 60 frames even after I turn off v-sync and increase the frame limit. I'm on medium and its steady 60 with some fps stuttering here and there.

Any help would be appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom