Search results for query: *

1. Ocean Rain

More game content

Warband was a bit of enhancement of the first MB game, it was made by a really small group of people, so that's why some features were pretty simple and not deep enough. Like it or not, but they still served the purpose.

In some areas Warband was really a simple piece of code.

Bannerlord on the other hand is in another league. Created for so many years, by so many people, with better technology and resources and the funniest part is, still don't have even those pretty basic features that previous game has. Does it ring a bell for you or still not?

With those resources, they could make this feature massively better, but they choose to scrap it entirely. And not only feasts, other things expanding the world and immersion are missing too.

Bannerlord has one thing done well. Battles and combat. And that's it.

Without mods, I'm not even touching this game. And I think that's sad. After all those years, still ordinary people from the outside are needed to fix BL.
    Hilarious.
  2. Ocean Rain

Statement regarding Singleplayer IV

This game dramatically needs more interaction with lords, companions, ladies and wives. Feasts, camping aka resting, random world map events and inside location events.

And the best part is, those things are easy to implement in comparison what was already done in this game.

Why you Devs want to keep this game this shallow, I will never know.
  3. Ocean Rain

Possibility of lords' death - Bannerlord Official Release

For both (deaths in your battles and AI battles not involving you) you will need Heroes Must Die and AI Values Life.

I'm using both right now and they are working nicely together, I have a lot of deaths. Of course, both are configurable, so you can adjust death rate.
  4. Ocean Rain

Sieges kinda suck

Too easy for the attackers, too hard for the defenders.
    Siege engines on the defenders side are pretty useless, because battering ram and siege tower need only 30s to reach the gate and walls and then you can't do anything.

In my opinion ladders, siege tower, battering ram - this all should be spawned much further away to actually give chance defenders to use siege engines effectively and have the chance to destroy at least one of those things.
    Ladders should be carried and then placed right under the walls.

And of course, garrisons should be bigger and actually we should command those people if there is no one else with higher rank than us.

Anyway, foundations are really good just needs a bit work here and there.
  5. Ocean Rain

Does the Shield Bearer perk make Long Strides obsolete? (One Handed perk tree)

Perks are currently being reworked/updated so we should wait to see what changes are made there first. :smile:
    Only perks are getting reworked or whole progression system?

Anyway, that is a good news.
  6. Ocean Rain

Siege defenders need some love

Agree with all this. It feels more like as a defender you are locked in the town / castle and you have no place left to run instead of feeling protected by the walls and height advantage.
  7. Ocean Rain

About the smithy's smithing system.

I've heard hand and a half swords referred to as bastard swords. There is a bastard sword grip option, but I can't remember if it is found under the one-handed or two-handed swords category or both.
    Yeah, correct. I figured this out one day. Sadly, it is a bit limited.
  8. Ocean Rain

Patch Notes e1.0.6

Hard disagree.
    Getting XP from the arena should be grindy or else its too OP. The arena would just become an XP farm for every early game.
    Aaaaand... what is wrong with that? It is a single player game.

If you don't want to gain experience through arena you can just fight in battles, it is a free choice.
    I don't want to be punished just because I want to be a gladiator. Maybe I want to practice in the arena first before I go into my very first battle.

Freedom or nothing.
  9. Ocean Rain

1.0.6 gives XP for tournaments and...practice matches?

I get the point of giving XP for tournaments since you can't just spam them endlessly, they have a cost, etc...but for practice matches? Seems weird since you can just hack hack die hack hack die endlessly to level up skills. It kinda cheapens the progression system.

I guess I don't have to use it, but at the same time it's nice to try out some stuff in practice matches without feeling like I'm gaming the system.
    I want to punch you.

Can I punch you?

Please?

Yeah, just joking, do not worry.

2. If someone wants to grind practice endlessly because that's their idea of fun, why do we care? It's a single player game.
    That's the point. I don't know why people have a problem with that. Some of us wants to be a traders, some of us wants to fight in big battles and conquer lands, and some of us wants to be gladiators and gain fame in this way. So why some people want to limit that experience?

Seriously, we call this game a "big sandbox experience" for a reason.
  10. Ocean Rain

Patch Notes e1.0.6

What a sweet little patch. Thank you! Just a few little changes, but what a joy!
  11. Ocean Rain

SP - General Tournament fights and weapon skill progression

A lot of those threads were created already, and yes, this is a big issue. You're not getting any xp for fighting except battles.

It should be fixed ASAP.
  12. Ocean Rain

How do you increase your health/HP?

Ahh okay, my bad.
  13. Ocean Rain

Every Warband NPC just feels like 2-3 arrows to the head... or 3-4 to the body. They feel so much more like stat sticks than Warband ever did.
    I don't think I understand your post, sorry?

In Warband, even with not mastered archery and not maxed out power draw skill, headshot was mostly fatal.
    Also, you can kill a low level unarmored NPC in just 1-2 shots on the torso.
    In Bannerlord everyone is a friggin tank and can survive several arrows to the torso. Headshot is mostly not fatal too.
  14. Ocean Rain

Which leveling system do you prefer Warband or Bannerlord?

I am paranoid too about the anti sandbox hold your hand features like caps, I haven't liked this direction from the start. This game feels more and more like a linear RPG. Limited number of shops, limited number of companions, this design is constantly interfering with the player's free will. I am not getting that vibe of complete freedom that Warband offered. I feel rushed.
    +1... or maybe even +100.

Again, I will show you my proposition of leveling and perk system, tell me what you think:
  15. Ocean Rain

Hard cap needs to go, static HP needs to go, TW should bring back more RPG and freedom approach instead of pure action and limitations.
  16. Ocean Rain

Patch Notes e1.0.5

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!
  17. Ocean Rain

i will concede that that is idiotic.
    still they made 200 extra items available, i hope that helps you out as much as the mod helped me out (note to self, disable the mod now)
    Splendid! It is time for shopping I guess. :smile:
  18. Ocean Rain

Seriously, I'm starting to think that this whole progression system is a placeholder. Which is actually a good thing.
Back
Top Bottom