Search results for query: *

1. JudgeAlfred

Alpha Centauri BoP: The Colonization of Planet

Faction name: Neues Kaisertum Österreich (Kaisertum, The Habsburgs, Dynasty for shorthand; pick whichever you prefer!)

Faction symbol:
    imgbin-austria-hungary-austrian-empire-house-of-habsburg-coat-of-arms-of-austria-duchy-of-austria-w0MXDMkaSZEetd9VfsUXLzKqg.jpg

Faction Description: Autocratic/Paternal Regime centered around a Monarch of the house of Habsburg. It is made up of leftover aristrocrats, wealthy land and business owners and other individuals often thought of as 'gentry' in years past, or more succinctly those who are well connected. Ranging from software developers into concepts such as AI research, robotics and new age weaponry these individuals have coupled and attached themselves with well known bankers, financiers and other like minded, well off individuals. The remainder of the faction is made up of individuals looking for a strong, unifying figure who will see to their needs for them, harking back to the days long past and gone in today's world, focused on tradition, ceremony and the concepts of a central authority. The harsh reality of an Earth that is slowly dying beginning to dawn on the Royal House, it came time to hedge their bets and send members of the Royal Household into a place far, far away from chaos that had become Earth. Using up a vast majority of their favors, well established connections by marriage, relations or merely business networking the House of Habsburg managed to get itself a solidified slot for the next generation of their Royalty.

Leader Name: Maximilian II von Habsburg (Descendant of Franz Karl von Habsburg, father of Franz Joseph I)

Background: Maximilian II von Habsburg was born into a chaotic and tumultuous world. His royal house, while wealthy in connections and material wealth, was theoretically bankrupt of politically power. No longer had the house of Habsburg reigned supreme in it's home of Austria, let alone any of the vast stretches of land it used to hold sway over. In the ever shrinking, slowly dying reality of the modern world he witnessed first hand the harsh reality of a morally grey and traditionally bankrupt society. His education was done from a ripe age of 10, and was done by well educated (and certainly well paid) tutors, scholars and other individuals teaching him the finer points of history, mathematics, sciences and philosophy. He studied at the Theresian Military Academy, earning top honors and grading at the top of his class. Whether this had more to do with his noble lineage or his prowess is, to some extent, debatable. Never the less, his service to his nation on behalf of the UN in the regions of Austria, Italy, Croatia and Hungary were not without their own merit.

However, as time progressed it became clear that the planet itself had reached the point of no return. No amount of peacekeeping, meritorious service or donations to various charities and institutes in the pursuit of attempting to find an end to the maddening apocalyptic conditions soon to befall the planet Earth would save it. It's time, though long and illustrious, was over. Due to being the most apt for the job, Maximilian II and his wife, along with other individuals key to the 'movement' as they began to call it were put on board the Unity mission. However it can be said that out of all of them, the most important to this 'movement' was Maximilian II himself, having being given a trump card which almost assuredly was felt by the Habsburg coffers: a neural implant; this implant had been commissioned (and those with knowledge relating to it were also shunted aboard the Unity itself) to emulate the personality matrix of Franz Joseph I von Habsburg, widely agreed to be one of the foremost, if not the longest ruling Habsburg Kaisers. This AI would prove useful to Maximilian II in many situations, but would later find itself right at home in assisting the governing of a state.

After the assassination of Captain Garland after the reactor crisis of the Unity ship allowed Maximilian II the pretext he required to begin the initial phases of gathering followers to his cause. Through shrewd rhetoric of the 'barbaric individuals' who killed Garland, to his connections and natural charisma, he was able to gather a sizable following.

After landing they were quick to setup outposts, train staff and build a colony with interfacing directly to Maximilian II's implant. This allowed both himself and his 'Grandfather' program to streamline orders, disseminate information and run diagnostics on various parts of the colony itself.

Skills:

Charismatic

Militaristic

Well Connected

As a Faction:

- Centralized Leadership under a Monarch.

- Well trained, provided for Military caste who serve the Dynasty(Monarch), rather than the 'state' itself.

- More traditional Economy enhanced by the efficiency of it's ever watching, ever diligent AI.

- Heavy pursuit of technological innovations in the fields of AI, robotics, and military applications to further serve the state.

(Updated Short form and gave leader a new name, Karl Franz was a placeholder)
  2. JudgeAlfred

[BoP: 1910] BoP: Europe 1910 - Introduction/Application Thread

Sorry but I'm not particularly interested in playing a tiny nation of Japan that you yourself seemed reluctant to include to begin with and only did so because you wanted to wait even longer for someone who let you down as an A-H player.

I would rather have it be restarted either in 1901 and 1910 and play the nation I actually wanted to play to begin with than be relegated to Japan because you ended up waiting for Eternal to (not) show up for another few months.

Besides you seemed to continually bring up how you didn't want to expand the map outside into the entire world and me as Japan literally forces that on you, while me as A-H would not.
  3. JudgeAlfred

Balance of Power: Vikings Sign-Up Thread

I offered to get one of my team's Artists to do up some lovely signatures for us. Please choose whichever suits your nation best. :smile:

All credits go to RT56's Abbus for putting up with me, if you ever happen to get into a conversation with him be sure to thank him!

viking.png

anglo.png

anglo.png

rider.png

minaret.png
  4. JudgeAlfred

Balance of Power: Vikings Sign-Up Thread

1. Wessex
    2. Wessex
    3. W E S S E X

I have prior bop experience in Pixels bop. Please make an Alfred's dream come true.
  5. JudgeAlfred

[General] BoP Main Thread: Host Pixel

1. Silk Road
    2. Meso
    3. Vikings

Will join whatever tho.
  6. JudgeAlfred

[BoP: 1910] Balance of Power: Europe 1910 - Game Thread

240px-Imperial_Seal_of_Japan.svg.png

Gokajō no Goseimon

Tensions in Europe

His Majesty finds it most disappointing that the major powers of Europe, for all of their candor and supposed modern philosophies and ideals seem unable to find common ground on a land which has been shared by all of them for centuries. We hope that both the Nouvelle Entente and the Tripartite Alliance can confer with each other and come up with some solution to solve the growing tensions within the continent. Should they not, we can only see the unraveling of a monstrous conflict in Europe once more.

Affairs in Asia

His Majesty would like to remind all Western nations involved in affairs within Asia that they should be mindful of the peoples and nations they deal with in question. It would be most disappointing for Western nations to revert to the same mistakes of old only to relive the past failures all over again also. We hope that the Russian Empire's recent actions in Tibet do not show a resurgence of desire by Western powers to lord over autonomous nations of Asia, and that the Qing Emperor and his wishes are respected as much as any other Emperor or King.​
Back
Top Bottom