Search results for query: *

1. End of game?

That does sound pretty anti-climactic, same with a Total War victory screen.
    The retirement makes a nice ender though.
    Writing an After Action Report (AAR) will make your game seem more worthwhile.
  2. Castle Guard?

Hmm funny, the chainmail looks like it had folds and is crumpled as opposed to completely smooth. Very strange.
    Anyways, no worries.

3. Lord Personalities

Does anyone know where I could find out the personalities and culture of the companion nobles?
  4. Castle Guard?

Wow, thats pretty sweet. Never seen it myself tho.
    Whats that texture mod for the armour? I likes it
  5. Vassals?! In my kingdom?!

I had the exact same situation in my kingdom.

Lords indicted for treason may join you, and there's nothing you can do about it except indict them for treason as well, or not give them any fiefs, they'll gradually hate you more and more until they leave of their own accord (not sure on that one)
    Lords that defect will come to your court and ask to swear an oath, then you can say yes or no.

6. AAR: The Harrowing Tale of a Wandering Knight-in-Training.

What's wrong with chapters in spoilers?
    I much prefer it to trawling through 25 pages of people commenting on Me,Floris
  7. Who is your favorite companion?

I have a massive soft spot for Marnid and Borcha from back in the good ole days. I voted Borcha cus his pathfinding is legendary. I always have Marnid and Borcha, no matter what.

I can't understand the love for Lezalit. He annoys me. Tho I dont know why
  8. SinglePlayer Campaign Info

Good stuff Karmine :grin:
    Keep it up!
  9. Hints, tips and tricks

gwanjun said:
    As for like the retreating. In a castle siege, that's kinda...lame. Not realistic. But I guess it works, but it might not if the AI campaign is on good. They will swarm you.

I think of it as going back for more ammo. Or as part of the besieging process, as in you shoot the defenders and bombard the city before sending in the infantry, which is realistic, you just wouldn't build ladders for the job :razz:
    I play campaign AI on good and battle AI on good. still works a treat.
  10. High Morale - Soldiers leaving due to low morale

I don't think they desert from garrisons. I am in the same situation and my garrisons are made of all the vaegir troops I suddenly couldnt use in the field due to the war.
  11. What nicknames do you have for lords?

Gerluchs is Lord Good looks, especially because he keeps going to Malayurg castle to visit the Lady there when I'm trying to get him to come on campaign...
  12. Dislikes too much fighting

I've had Firentis and Jeremus for around 500 days and they are still here. I think Firentis may have said something to me once about not liking all this killing, but he said he recognised that it was essential in the short term to secure a land where no one kills there brothers.

So yeah, go for it, No problems
  13. Catching routed enemies

It was harrowing. They sounded......human :shock:
  14. Catching routed enemies

I just caught up with some routed sea raiders for the first time ever. They said "Please, Leave us alone" and when I told them they would be my prisoners or die they replied "We have no strength left to fight, we surrender to you King Akimba" o.0
  15. Has anyone ever tried playing a bandit/Robin Hood-type of character?

This sounds like an excellent idea, go with it.

16. So about that battle 'AI'

Worth a mention: the combat AI for individual soldiers is pretty bloody decent. feints and dummys, chambering attacks to keep you on the defensive, I even had a guy today who had significantly shorter reach than me, dodge back when I swung at him, dart forward to strike me, then move back before I could catch him. I was very impressed.
  17. Hints, tips and tricks

A brilliant strategy for taking castles and cities with significantly more/better troops than you:
    NOTE: Best used against cities/castles that require ladders.

Make sure you have a large number of high quality archers/xbows at the top of your party, and plenty of shield bearing infantry/cavalry. When you start the assault order your infantry and cavalry to hold position in between you and the ladder, then order your archers/xbows to hold position just behind them. The Infantry's shields should protect your archers whilst they clear the walls of enemy archers and men without shields.

When your men are out of arrows, retreat using the tab key (don't worry your wont get a moral loss if you kill more of them than they do of you) and then build the ladders again. Keep repeating this process until the garrison is small enough, and then send in the infantry.
  18. Hints, tips and tricks

Captain_Octavius said:
    Northern Mameluke Empire said:
    Captain_Octavius said:
    Right-clicking on a party will give you the option to Accompany that party, so you will follow it without going into dialog mode.

I found this out 30 seconds ago, I love it!

srsly? never saw that...

Me neither! The problem is that I am so used to the original M&B, that I don't really start looking for features like I do in new games, hence I missed it all this time!

The good thing is that your speed is adjusted to the party you are accompanying, so you don't 'stutter' either.

This is probably the most frustration relieving trick ever. Following the Marshall is no longer a hassle. I used to get so bored traveling faster than everyone else.
Back
Top Bottom