Search results for query: *

1. Soldier Of Thebes

The Syrian Civil War. Do you support a side?

Clashes between the Turks and Kurds intensified last week, after Turkey began a large-scale military operation against Islamic State in the Syrian border town of Jarabulus. Recently, the US stated that a ceasefire exists between Turkey and the Kurds - something Ankara denies. RT's Gayane Chichakyan has the story.
  2. Soldier Of Thebes

Rate the signature above you!

2.7/5 Scarabs; Seizure Inducing.
  3. Soldier Of Thebes

Best-dressed Warrior

Some more Ancient Egyptian military.
    CaaniteWarriors.jpg

egyptian-warriors.jpg

baf834b23961f9112bd2914d4cda2d89.jpg
  4. Soldier Of Thebes

Rate the above forumite's avatar v. IV

Feragorn said:
    Name: Soldier of Thebes

Does not compute.
    NR: Me
    Because the painting of the pharaoh matches, and goes well with the color of the forums.

Unlike this one where it's darker, and isn't the greatest.

Memphian, not Theban.
    Thebes, Waset, Θῆβαι was the capital of Ancient Egyptian during,
    Middle Kingdom
    Eleventh Dynasty of Egypt
    Second Intermediate Period
    Sixteenth Dynasty of Egypt
    Seventeenth Dynasty of Egypt
    New Kingdom
    Eighteenth Dynasty of Egypt
    Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt
    Third Intermediate Period
    Twenty-third Dynasty of Egypt
    Basically the dynasties I enjoy the most are the Eighteenth Dynasty, Nineteenth Dynasty of Egypt. So sense Thebes was the Capital most of the time during these dynasties, and is the capital in my book "The Egyptian", I made myself the username Soldier Of Thebes on this forum.
  5. Soldier Of Thebes

Feragorn said:
    Memphian, not Theban.

5/10.
    Wut
  6. Soldier Of Thebes

The guy in your avatar looks like Saul Goodman from Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad to me at least. So I will give you 4.7/5 because of that, I like Better Call Saul.
  7. Soldier Of Thebes

Funny historic art

Well Anubis is already working on me.
    Anubis_attending_the_mummy_of_Sennedjem.jpg
  8. Soldier Of Thebes

Funny historic art

I don't think the body moves like that.

(Also tiny nudity warning.)
    1666a0b8a329ecc5facee3c3eee643fa.jpg
  9. Soldier Of Thebes

I like it, but his legs cut off; 3.5/5 Scarabs.
  10. Soldier Of Thebes

Best-dressed Warrior

Well here is a Kurdish Warrior. That bend of the spear though.
    kurdebirim1880.jpg
  11. Soldier Of Thebes

In Syria, there are more than 100 militant groups fighting against the state army. Unusually, President Bashar Assad has offered an amnesty to militants who surrender. Any who haven’t completed mandatory military service are returned to the army. RT Doc gained access to a unit comprised of amnestied soldiers. Some joined militant groups voluntarily while others say they were held captive - whatever their circumstances, they all serve together.

12. Soldier Of Thebes

Best-dressed Warrior

Peshmerga Soldier
    Peshmerga_soldier.jpg
  13. Soldier Of Thebes

Funny historic art

Emil said:
    The red guy has definitely come up with a very creative way of thrusting with a spear.
    His/her arm looks very weird indeed, kinda looks twisted, but it's not.
  14. Soldier Of Thebes

Funny historic art

I have to look beautiful when getting stabbed by a spear.
    Monumenti_dell'Egitto_e_della_Nubia-plate-0083.jpg
  15. Soldier Of Thebes

Of Kings And Men

Alright so they changed there name.
  16. Soldier Of Thebes

Of Kings And Men

"Of Kings And Men" just recently released on Steam for $24.99, but it's 10% off so $22.49. It released with only the combat for now, which is pretty solid, reviews right now on Steam are very positive. But in the future it should be getting a survival mode added into it. So here is some...
  17. Soldier Of Thebes

What's hiding behind your CTRL + V?

Youtube
  18. Soldier Of Thebes

masterborn12 said:
    Che was a man that had absolutely no reason to join the revolution, he was middle class,doctor and an argentinian, but he felt like the people deserved better, he saw Cuba as a whorehouse for Americans to dump their cash in, he saw South America as a puppet continent for the ones in the north, Che and Fidel said no more, Che wasnt really a communist, he was someone who just wanted to end the imperialism,poverty and decadence South America was going through. Im no communist, i dont want plan economy etc. Now shut up and love che. Anti fascism will always exist and Anti fascism is a great thing, as long as racist,inbred nationalists spout their hatred, anti fascists will be there. Hell il quote Einstein aswell,

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein"

I think Fidel said it best.

"If we wish to express what we want the men of future generations to be, we must say: Let them be like Che! If we wish to say how we want our children to be educated, we must say without hesitation: We want them to be educated in Che's spirit! If we want the model of a man, who does not belong to our times but to the future, I say from the depths of my heart that such a model, without a single stain on his conduct, without a single stain on his action, is Che!
    "

So many flaws that can be used against this.
  19. Soldier Of Thebes

The role of shields and their absence in the east?

Mongol Round Shield
    Swordshe.jpg

Traditionally, Mongol soldiers in the early days of the Mongol Empire would have used shields constructed out of wicker, probably using willow or rattan, wound into a slightly domed spiral. This would then be covered in leather. similar designs were used across much of Asia including by the Chinese and Tibetans. Extant examples include flat and deeply domed designs. As resources permitted, these shields would be augmented by iron reinforcements and, in later periods, would have been constructed of iron. The straps were made of leather, tied onto the wicker directly, and positioned so that both straps would fit in the fist but be taught enough to offer fine control by turning the wrist.

The Chinese were known to arm their cavalry in the nomad fashion, even keeping a seperate form for the cavalry than what was used for foot soldiers. From the Warring States period through the Tang dynasty, mounted archers used a different archery technique (learned from their nomad neighbors) than what was used by foot archers. A similar distinction existed between the shields of a foot soldier and the cavalry. While the round wicker shield was employed by both, the foot soldiers utilized the arm strap while the cavalry used the Mongol style as shown in this Han manual.
    HanRoundShield.gif

Info From: http://silverhorde.viahistoria.com/research/MongolShield.html
Back
Top Bottom