Search results for query: *

1. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

.... but animations and particles are all those files cover. Are you sure? But you rightly say to be warned.
  2. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Yeah the ladies need some attention  :grin:  One thing i always do with a mod is remove all the wimples and bonnets and dress them up in something ... appropriate and change some of my faves faces to be more attractive.

One thing that really worries me is your intent to add 'polished landscapes', ... Yes my laptop will struggle  a little but it'll still be well playable... but also i don't particularly like the look  of polished landscapes and actually in this 'A clash of kings' mod i find the landscapes are probably the most enjoyable and good looking and smooth landscapes i've fought battles on, partly thanks to your great smooth map. ... why spoil it? ... the skyboxes alone add a great feel and dimension already. Incedendally ... you were admiring who smoothed out the Brytenwalda map; It was Magelord.

frankly, i found v.4 (before floris) of this mod a couple of weeks ago and really liked how it was . To my mind by deciding to build it upon Floris you've made it into ... Floris. In other words you've made it a more generic style of mod and lost the individuality v.4 had (also the troops file is a frikkin' nightmare). Nevermind it's way too late now. .. i'm still really enjoying it.

And about graphics: Having played Floris fairly recently a fair bit i found a few tweaks for people who don't like certain things.

If one searches the Floris pages they will find an 'actions' files to restore the animations to the vannilla ones and a 'particle_systems' file to restore the dust kicked up by horses to the vannilla dust. ( I think the cost to performance for a bit of horse dust is way too expensive, and i liked the vannila dust anyway).
        I installed both these files last night and played for a few hours .... they seem to work fine with 0.7.

Also i think on the Brytenwalda pages (or was it floris?) there are instructions on how to remove aspects of of the polished buildings and landscapes which is pretty useful for us unedcucated plebs. I love the buildings but hate the landscapes.

Anyway the was my tuppence worth, enough said. Fantastic mod  :shock: 

3. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Looking forward to this. Any chance you could update the nexus download to v0.7? 
  4. Suggestions

Sir William Kelland said:
    Well i'm just wondering if the autocalc system can be improved.
    I can try my hand at it if I can figure out where it is. I think some updates to the auto-calc system are vital to fully customized troop trees especially (like what I'm building).

the whole 'bigger army wins' seems unrealistic.
    Sorry, I'll ramble a little about this, because I completely disagree with this statement.
    Though in real life for pre-modern time wars, there were less "elite" soldiers than a lot of people think (mostly because of video games, movies and legends/mythology, even books) and many wars were fought on intimidation and battles of pre-war numbering. That's why powerful kingdoms and empires tried to build large armies, even with conscripted soldiers, even if the morale would be low. It was in the hope that it would be a deterrent against an uprising or a foreign power trying to declare war.

It's a little different for modern wars, because of force multipliers by way of equipment, even non-weapons like vehicles and nightvision, and the fact that many real soldiers have very efficient training techniques and their opponents usually don't have the same luxury (terrorists, for example, typically don't even hold rifles properly, nor maintain them).

In real life, armies were (and actually still are) built on troop types rather than tiers. "Elite" troops exist, but in reality they aren't untouchable. The majority of all armies, even today, are still comprised of grunts and other regular soldiers. Armies adapted to find and exploit the weaknesses of these elite troops, so that commanders can defeat them even without having to match elite versus elite troop types. Knights in heavy armor might as well have been wearing no armor against warhammers and bodkin arrows, elite horse archers were stoppable with proper infantry formations and the use of traps or other things, and the powerful longbowmen of the English were easily destroyed by flanking attacks especially with cavalry.

In Floris, a peasant recruit will never ever ever be able to kill a tier 7 infantry unit no matter how hard it tried, not even with luck, unless the tier 7 is bugged and is not moving or fighting back. I remember being able to kill 40 or more tier 3 and below troops very easily when I was wearing tier 7 equipment. I found this to be very boring in fact, which is why I stopped wearing anything higher than tier 5 equipment (I mostly stay in tier 4). The lower tier troops' attacks will simply never do more than a tickle against the armor of the tier 7, while the tier 7 will likely kill the peasant in a single hit. This is why people complain about the tournaments being too hard, because the stats of many of the tournament junkies in the game are elite level. In real life, even peasants had a chance to kill these supposed elite soldiers, if they do it right, especially with luck or even the proper tactical command.

Real world example of bigger armies winning wars, many of the former Mongolian conquered states surrendered and did not even put up a fight, because the Mongolian horde was significantly larger than most cities, townships and forts trying to defend against them, not to mention their reputation of brutality and tactical prowess. They also swept through so rapidly that their opponents could not summon reinforcements to come to their aid, so the smart thing to do was to submit in order to avoid annihilation. In real life in those days, if you had an army of 800 and your enemy brought out 2,500, you should considering terms of surrender instead of fighting, regardless of the skill of your troops (though there were cases, such as Thermopylae, where soldiers fought against amazing odds, but those usually ended up in defeat, which is an undesirable outcome IRL.

In this game, if you had 800 on your side with mostly higher tier troops, which is how players naturally play, while your enemy brought out 2,500 with mostly average and low tier troops, which is how the AI normally raises armies, the battle would be pretty boring.

Also, the way the auto-calc works is that some lords will retreat from a battle before they're completely wiped out, which is why you might see some lords fleeing the scene of the auto-calc with some knocked out troops and a handful of troops that are still alive, especially if the battle was close (like 2000 vs 2000).
    [/quote]

Hey it's good to hear you're interested in improving/revising the autocalc anyway. But about army sizes and winning battles; You're right ... usually the bigger army will intimidate and overpower the smaller force, but as you say there are exceptions ... Thermopylae being an extreme example (but worth it to the greeks ... they might have lost the battle, although man -for-man it was a victory, but it enabled them to win the war), but there are plenty of historical cases of smaller forces defeating mutch larger ones, usually under a good commander, ... choosing a good battlefield or ambush terrain, using clever tactics and innovation. Both Hannibal and Juius ceasar, also Alexander, for instance fought many battles against great odds and won. The English innovation of longbows caused havoc and routed massive french forces and annihilated the scots spearwalls. The Persians and Mongols and Huns simply overwhelmed many unprepared enemy with sheer numbers and the mongols and huns particularly scared everyone silly with their brutality ... until they met a good commander or simply found themselves too far from home without supplies and surrounded by angry enemys with nothing left to lose. If you ever read mutch about Roman warfare particularly where men could be enlisted for many years gaining mutch experience you'll know just how hard and unshakable an elite troop can be, yes, they're just men, like any other, but their experience over many battles can give them a will and courage and killing power unknown in other men.
      - So although i agree with you in the main that larger armys 'usually' win, it is by no means a rule, and part of the fun of wargaming is pulling off a great defeat against a mutch larger force using terrain, mixed troops and tactics. In field battles this can be done but auto calc seems to ignore so mutch. If i took 25 heavy mounted knights against 75 bandits i would expect to win in an autocalc battle by scaring them silly, routing them and running them down. I would only expect them to win if they had some clever commander which they dont.

Anyway it's always an interesting discussion as to who would win in what circumstance and it's always up for debate i guess :smile:
  5. Some Cool Features of the MOD a brief help guide (unofficial)

Just had to express my admiration that someone else still plays warzone. That game is artillery heaven! :smile:
  6. Suggestions

Well i'm just wondering if the autocalc system can be improved. I remember Kt0 did some good work on the autocalc for his mod for M&B called 'Conquest'. It would be nice if at least whether a troops health (yeah i know they're all 7 health as-is) or if it is is mounted could also be taken into consideration. It seems a real shame that bandits can beat a similar sized group of trained troops. I'd really like to create smaller patrols of Elite troops but as it stands it's just not worth it because i know i''ll soon lose them.
          In Prophesy of pendor it 'appears' they worked around this by having troops up to like level 60 so it's little bands of rogue knights could actually survive for some time.
      It's a big ask i know and i'm sure the autocalc has already given mutch headscratching but as it stands the whole 'bigger army wins' seems unrealistic.

EDIT: Oh i've just read that Sword of Damocles uses a revised autocalc ... possibly derived from Kt0's work.

7. Suggestions

1.  The battle orders screen that comes up when i press 'backspace'. The writing/font is really hard to read often, particularly when it's dark. Perhaps if it's doable, give the font a white or pale colour so it can be read easier.

2.  Something i really liked from Brytenwalda were the mercenary captains hired in taverns who can lead your patrols ... particularly that you could pop a patrol down anywhere on the map and tell them to patrol that area. I havn't been playing Floris for too long but as far as i can tell my patrols are limited to patroling around only the fiefs that i own.  I also found them useful as troop storage before i owned a castle/town of my own.

3.  Cheeky i know but get rid of the numbers/letters in the troop names  :mrgreen: yes i know the creator of this mod likes it and wants to keep it but i really don't think it's neccesary for these reasons:-

*It's confusing to look at (although i'm a little dyslexic so perhaps it's just me)
    *I don't think it really helps people understand what troop is what all that mutch because it's confusing to look at.
    *After playing the game for a while and having the troop tree screen for reference i get to know which troops are which anyway.
    * Sometimes the clue is in the name anyway ie. a longbowman is an archer, and a chevalier or ritter is a cavalryman.

I know it's just my opinion but i just think it'd be good to let the player learn the troops as they play as i have found it is quite possible without being spoon-fed  :oops:

8. Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

Not sure if this is something from native warband, but in my courtship relations info screen there are all those ladies i let go when i took over their towns and castles. I never expressed any love interest in them at all. Any way to stop them showing up in that list unless i actually confess i am their greatest admirer?

Also, my trade ledger book doesn't want to open when i click on it. I can very briefly see a screen that tries to open when i do this, - Am i missing something? Is there something i should know?

9. Manhunters became hostile?

idomi said:
    Chucklebutt said:
    Is there any fix to this? Thank you!

Wait until a party of theirs gets involved in a battle with outlaws/deserters, then join in the fun and help them out.

This has happened to me also in my current game. I helped the manhunters out a couple of times and had + 3 or 4 relations with them, and a couple of days later noticed a band of manhunters chasing some of my independent kingdoms villagers. So i couldn't figure out why as i hadn't been hostile to the manhunters at any point. So thought i'd help them in battle to get into positive rep' with them again. I helped them out a couple of times taking my rep with them from -5 to -2, and then the next time i helped them out my rep went from -2 to -16. So at this point i realised my game is f**ked because if i can't control my rep with them they'll just be after my villagers and patrols for the duration.

I've experienced other wierd things with my relations with factions ... like my relations with the Nords being at 16 or so, and then suddenly back at 0.
  10. Bug Reports & Known Issues [v2.54]

Some dialogue errors. I think you know about most. But last night i did a 'bring back runaway serfs' quest and the first group i talked to had their dialogue messed up ... it contained bit's of Nizars waxing about matheld ie. 'coy/amazonesque' stuff although the quest still seemed to work. I've never done this quest before ... are the serfs supposed to completely ignore me after saying they'll return, so i have to keep harrassing them? ( they start heading back to village but almost immediately turn around and head towards their original target).

Also i was trying on highlander berets as a female character and the ones without feathers wouldn't go on my head ... it like they wanted to go on my feet. The ones WITH feathers are fine though.
  11. Suggestions

Just a few of things come to mind, everything else is great and i know is being worked on.

a. A new/altered map. When i first got warband after playing M&B i thought "What a crap map!" Honestly it's just sooo boring, no real features to speak of  apart from that little ravine in the middle of swadian territory. The old native M&B map was so mutch better. One reason i like prophesy of pendor so mutch is the great map. And other mods which offer custom maps have an appeal simply for that reason alone ... because they're different from native. Now i know you want Floris not to be a complete departure from native warband but how about someone take the map and jazz it up a bit?

b, Give the player their own didicated player faction to choose from via the 'choose player culture' thingy. I don't like the freelancers all that mutch and the 'choose player faction' placeholder is there so why not use it?
  12. Minor patch - Backspace tactics menu

Thank's so mutch for this! The only reason i came out to the cafe to use the internet today was to find a fix for this confounded issue.
  13. Daughters and wimples. Any editing advise?

Well suffice to say i wasn't too keen on nearly all the daughters of the realm(s) wearing wimples and big wolly dresses that make them look like a character from a wallace and grommit story.   i've done my best to get rid of them. There seems to be a script that adds them. I've removed the...
  14. Crashing at startup/load

Oh my god you're right!  ... actually my version is 1.151. That just hadn't occured to me at all (holds head in shame). But i've spent days modding my Brytenwalda ... am i going to run into bad problems if i just continue playing as it is?

edit: Nevermind, i presume i can just drag my whole Brytenwalda to the desktop, while i reinstall Warband and new patch, and the drag it back in again ... and put that line back in the ini.
  15. Crashing at startup/load

I'm new to this great mod and i had the same problem. I assumed the  'CommonRes\wb_mp_objects_a.brf' refereed to things concerning multiplayer games, ... i couldn't find anything in the 'common res' folder (which is actually in the main M&B Warband folder) so i just deleted the line 'load_resource = wb_mp_objects_a' which is in the module.ini file in the Brytenwalda mod folder, and my game then loaded fine. I'm a few weeks of game time into the game and nothing bad seems to have happened.

I've fiddled with brf's and the ini. file before now so it was just kinda intuitive to do that so the game wasn't trying to reference those files. However i still don't really know if anything in 'wb_mp_objects_a.brf' is used in the single player game? ... but so far all seems well. 
  16. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Has anyone made any cool custom maps for Warband Native/Vanilla? I'm finding the stock one a bit boring! :grin:

Can anyone link me to one?
  17. Announcement - Warband Port - Led By Mad Vader

Say What?!! You playing PoP3 on Win7?! Oh crap i don't actually own M&B anymore  :sad:
  18. Announcement - Warband Port - Led By Mad Vader

Well, when it comes i'm SOOO going to enjoy it! I wish i could play the new PoP release for M&B but now having windows 7 i can't so i'm stuck with warband.... which amazed me as to how boring it was!  Boring map, boring troops ... same old same old so i don't mind saying that i installed a whole load of PoP equipment to jazz up the troops and make a few new ones ... even pretty mutch replicating a few PoP troops ... like the D'Shar Windriders for a high level khergit troop and Valkyries for the Nords; Oh how i miss playing Prophesy of Pendor!!

By the way, if anyone can point me in the direction of a cool custom map for Vanilla Warband i'd be very grateful!  ... Did i mention the current one is very boring? :smile:
  19. TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

I'm thinking of rolling back to 1.126 just to use tweakmb, but damn I love the new horses too much to commit!

@ FattyFat  Hey it's really worth learning to install custom items then you could grab any horses you want from any of the mods out there to use in your own game. I'm no modder but learning to do this one thing has increased my enjoyment of the game so mutch.
  20. Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

none of my modifications are appearing in game. Idk why. Advice?

What kind of modifications are you doing? Are you clicking *UPDATE* after EACH troop/item?
Back
Top Bottom