Search results for query: *

1. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Combat pacing: Slowing down the infantry zerg rush; so that more advanced combat tactics and formations are more meaningful.

PROBLEM

Combat speed pacing.

Infantry speed and killing efficiency is too high. It causes combat pacing issues in that infantry lines engage each other too quickly, and kill each other too quickly. Infantry Vs infantry combat is concluded at lightning speed.

EXAMPLE

You want to use advanced combat formation tactics in a battle. Like flanking their left infantry line with skirmishers. Or use cavalry charges. Or the tens of other combat formations and tactics available in the game. However - like 10 seconds after the infantry lines crash. The infantry Vs infantry battle is over. Want to be in the melee infantry line formation yourself grinding it out? Well - at the speed infantry fight is concluded good luck with that.

SOLUTION

Whatever balance changes is needed for infantry combat to be more realistic and fun. In that it shouldn't be a blitz, but more of a slower grind. My suggestion would be to lower the damage that AI infantry units cause to each other. So that infantry fights become longer. So that lines hold for longer.

RESULT

Infantry lines last longer so that more meaningful combat tactics and formations can be used during the battle. It will make battles more fun, realistic, and give the player more agency. It's not fun when the battle is decided before you've barely even done anything or issued any commands.
    Indeed.
    Looks like we are, perplexingly, only going to get ( nice - looking ) junk out of TW.
    And Larian ......... and Capcom ............ FromSoftware ........ Bethesda ......... the Total War series ...........
    What happened to intelligent devs making intelligent games for intelligent ( adult ) players ?
    The IT world is meant to be some sort of thinking space. Our civilisation's Cutting Edge.
    Yet, somehow, seemingly every new game release now is a new insult.
    ( CD Projekt RED salvaged some credibility recently; Warhorse Studios might deliver yet; Rockstar can rest on its laurels, maybe )

Mayhap clever modders can make an intelligent, immersive, " historical " strategy and tactics game out of BL. In a couple of years.
  2. Why are Cataphracts and Knights

There's a **** ton of realism that can't be added that play a significant role that is not in this calculus (and I don't think TW capable of even being close to coding in).
    So far TW have delivered just a medieval - look ( and still not even working properly ) console - MP " shooter ".
    This is not the next - gen game their Warband - plus - mods ( single player ) PC fans were looking forward to.
    It appears that TW can't do much more now.
    The WIP total overhaul mods that sound really great, for Japan, Wars of the Roses, Middle Earth, etc, might, eventually, be the cavalry coming to the rescue. These can, hopefully, be the interesting, sophisticated, " historical ", deep and immersive " BL " games that frustrated discerning PC fans are wanting to get into ................ if TW ever lets go of BL, free from their fiddling updates, applying more and more lipstick to their pig.
  3. Racism as soon as I enter the game

Racism is just a KGB ploy to undermine the west, been happening since the 60s.
    That's the AD 460s?
  4. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Yeah, I get you, I wouldn't mind it if both the in battle and auto-resolve death chance is the same provided the chance of death is satisfactory (when we had deaths in battle only, I found 5% to be satisfactory - I had 1 companion and 1 spouse die, as well as lords dying in battles much more commonly iirc).

One thing that might be a nice tweak to the numbers (while potentially improving the immersion by a smidge) would be to increase the chance of death while giving birth & chance of having a stillborn. Also lords executing other (non-rebel) lords they have negative relationships with (the lord's traits would determine if their prisoner will be executed) would decrease the mid-late game lord bloat.
    Reading this conversation it comes to mind that a randomly applied percentage, say 2 - 5 %, of death in battle for nobles and NPCs, is not interesting enough.
    Is it too much work ( I would think not, really ) to -
    1. Calculate death chance according to a lord's traits ? For instance, increased for a rash general, or perhaps one that is green ( young, or otherwise for a first battle, even ), one with poor command credentials, too old ( perhaps a heart attack in the heat of the moment, or thrown from his horse ? ), etc. Maybe some traits and personality attributes can be developed along these lines, with not all of them being " positive " ? Some generals just won't ....... live long.
    2. Link death likelihood to the battle result ? A crushing loss, especially if outnumbered, perhaps being more deadly. But even a victory, especially a close one, could come with some loss, of course ( witness Gustavus Adolphus at Lutzen ).
    3. Connect battle death ( vs capture ) chance with the reputation and wealth of a noble ie on the losing side? Reputation and standing ( eg a king ), and not least easy recognition, and perhaps " chivalry ", could reduce the blind risk of death as it would probably be that surrender / capture and fat ransoms or other power manipulations would be desirable ( from both sides' point of view ! ). Think Francis I at Pavia. Then again, James IV at Flodden ?
    4. Increase the risk of death ( and decrease escape chance; the balance is .......... capture ) if defending a besieged castle or city, and losing? All of the above also being considered, of course.
    5. Increase the risk of noble prisoner execution in a civil war, as between the three Empire remnants ? Civil wars can get particularly nasty, witness the Wars of the Roses. Of course, there should be potential for rebellions and coups etc built in to all factions.
    6. Increase the risk of noble prisoner execution according to the traits of the captor? There should be dread generals out there, and their reputation should precede them, giving them certain strategic ( eg enemy armies more likely to flee from them than fight ) and tactical ( eg enemy armies' morale lowered in a battle ) AI advantages. It is better to be feared than loved.

And so on. I think we all want an interesting and colourful and nuanced world in a game like Bannerlord, more RPG, and not just a " shooter ".
    More attention needs to be applied to the characters of the NPCs, their traits, and Relation, court politics, etc
    It's 2024, and Ladogual, my wife of many years, and many children, still has, and right from our first meeting has had, a Relation of " -1 " with me !
    And yet she smiles so sweetly .........
  5. It's 2024. Spears still suck

Yeah agree on this . . . I notice Bannerlord, the 2H axes is one of the better weapons. Problem is spear hitbox and penetration is pretty lame (say vs 2H axe), but spear actually is more RL if one has crush through and slice through toggled (its one of the console activators) and helps it immensely but then other weapons like 2H axe becomes god like.

The BF and I new to HEMA, but are kung fu practitioners. It's ubiquity comes from both logistics and practicality. The spear, from a logistics point of view, it's easy to make. A spear head takes less mats and time compared to a sword. And in places where decent wood is available to make shafts . . . Secondly learning basics of a spear is easier than a sword but mastery of it takes longer than a straight edged saber technique wise. The range it provides for the effort of build and technique is the third reason why most armies fielded spearmen (they were spearwomen but that is more a rarity than norm in historical context), if you can hit someone before they can hit you, advantage central.

The spear in Ancient Chinese martial arts (as well as feudal Japanese) is considered the king of weapons. Our sifu can hold off three or four students with just saber and shield with his polearm (yue ya chan / monks spade). His specialty is to redirect or use blocks and whip around for a hit. Spears can be used at close range, you just have to pull it back and have hands at the half way point (same how hema halfsword technique with mail gloves). The best way is a jab to push / occupy someone / poke their shield / push it and pull back and angle strike on their parter (hopefully) who has an opening to snake the spear head in. Also angle changes can be done with back hand wrist shifts. Or one can stab in one direction and pull it and swing the spear head so it can slice (better used with blade type heads like glaives). Also the shaft can be used like staff weapon, for a blunt damage.

In HEMA spears are an important weapon (in early days of firearms, pikeman still had some use, and bayonets on long rifles like flintlocks were carry over from pikeman) and a lot of technique carries over across both disciplines. The range and ability to kill at that range is what gives a spearman advantage over a sword, mace, axe etc. And at certain angles, one can slide it inside a shield to get inside for a hit. However it is hard to translate that into a game, even games like mordhau and chivarly don't get it quite right. Maybe bannerlord can get the axe head hitbox and allow every spear to be swung / stabbed or if you hold attack button and swing the mouse it swings the spear slightly. Plus they'd have to have the hitbox for slice or pierce for the head and blunt to hit with the shaft.
    Marry me !

I too like to muse about this sort of thing, safe here in the 21st century to dream of adventuring through history, 500, a thousand, two thousand, years ago .........
    I suspect our approach to all this martial arts " business " is a modern construct, however.
    Even " serious " movies, like " The Last Duel " ( a well - documented " true " story, a terrific film, and to be fair the fight did end up a pretty grubby affair on the ground, as the historical record describes, so OK Ridley Scott ), choreograph their fights for exciting modern entertainment, whatever that is. On the other hand is Bruce Lee et al - albeit great to watch. A kaleidoscope of images and ideation, from many sources, including pure imagination and " story - telling ", of what is " physically possible " in fighting, of what fighting is, of how a fight goes, is thus created .......... but this is not Sparta. Our club dojos, and HEMA, and MMA , etc, are for something - fitness, " sport " ( nb with rules, with regard to ..... safety ! ), fun, even nostalgic fantasy, but I have an idea our ancestors would look at us and laugh and say that we are all play - fighting children, thinking it even approaches a simulation of the real thing.
    Don't believe the / your own propaganda.
    Kill or be killed is a very different thing ( don't we know this, really ? )
    Playing, at least watching, rugby gives one the feeling that our best physical efforts and intentions and training somehow degrade, almost clumsily, in the face of physics, reality, chaos, the other 100 kg guys ......... another observation is that real fights tend to go to the ground rather rapidly. Let alone real injuries quickly side- lining us fragile humans.
    I imagine a close order spear and shield wall, say hoplites, vikings ( close order ? ...... maybe ), is a very different physical and psychological and technical prospect to a loose order one on one, or one on three or even four ( where, to be frank, the one " should not " prevail ), free - wheeling skirmish.
    I consider shield and armour factors would make a big difference on a packed battlefield, especially with archers around. How would you feel getting out there in just, say, a linen shirt ?
    I consider early to middle Imperial Roman legionaries ( nb not spears ) to be the most efficient infantry of pre - modern history. Who doesn't ?
    But I think the biggest influence on any fight, on a small ( individual ) or large ( army, nation ) scale, is mental, related to morale, the will to fight, leadership, experience, effective tactics that can build a morale ascendancy, etc
    After all, the best generals don't even have to fight .........

( btw my insights are informed by my experience of fencing, judo, hap ki do, rugby, archery, equestrian sports such as dressage, and table top wargaming and the "codifying" of combat in various rule sets, and of course a consuming interest to study history, especially military history; I see I have pursued a lot of " old world ambience " in my life, for some " romantic " reason, along with years of " reality " serving in Defence as an officer .............. )

Having said all this, I am of course in perfect agreement with the OP - it's 2024 and there is precious little about Bannerlord that does not still suck.
    Inconceivable.
  6. Patch Notes v1.2.8

My personal opinion is that it became feasible for them to develop a more detailed simulation of weapon interactions with a larger team and new engine, and those who make the game don't have the same playing experience or expectations. The justification may have been that attacks which visibly collide with the player hitbox before the block hitbox should bypass the active block. On paper this sounds like a very sensible thing, but the player has limited control over the exact positioning of their weapon or shield during a block, very minor rotations left and right can expose varying amounts of a player's hitbox, and terrain elevation can be difficult to perceive. Most players use third person, and will instinctively angle their camera down in melee so they can see their opponent fully, which makes it hard to notice mild slopes.

If you're not a player who greatly values readability, responsiveness, and precision, then you may not notice or care about attacks bypassing blocks. It doesn't happen terribly often for me, but when it does I notice it every single time because I've had many years of experience, including playing at the highest levels of competition in Warband. I am highly proficient at blocking and expect it to work every time. The average player may just believe they were too slow, accidentally blocked in the wrong direction and didn't see it, or had a weapon crush through their block even if their opponent's weapon isn't capable of it. Maybe they do notice and just accept it as a minor flaw in the game. It's fine to have different expectations, but for me it's a distinct downgrade in the aspect of the game which has historically been the strongest, and inspired many imitators that never managed to feel as clear and responsive.
    So Warband did do it ( " swordplay " etc ) quite well, at least for its day.
    Do you consider that, say, Kingdom Come Deliverance ( albeit only single player ), was a commendable next - gen " combat simulator " ?
    And how do you rate, for example, Mordhau, and Hellish Quart, now, as " evolved " systems ?
  7. Patch Notes v1.2.8

I prefer vanilla Warband (the only mod I ever used extensively was Diplomacy) over Bannerlord because the core of the game, for me, has always been combat mechanics. Warband is simpler, but because it is simpler it is more feasible to do complex things. The evolution of technical ability with Warband's melee mechanics in the Native MP dueling scene was fascinating to me, as a participant and observer. Skills translated 1:1 to SP, though bots would obviously commit on every error.

The key difference for me is the absolute nature of directional blocking & attacks in Warband, as opposed to the variability in Bannerlord. In Warband, blocking up will block all vertical attacks from a wide angle in front of you, regardless of height difference between you and your attacker. The same goes for blocking down. Blocking left and right offers the only exception, where a "wrong" block on one side can still intercept an incoming attack if your "wrong" block is rotated enough to face your attacker. This seemingly odd interaction makes perfect sense when seen in action, though, so it feels natural. By contrast, BL requires correct block direction and intersection of weapon/shield hitboxes to score a block, which means correct timing, input, and facing can still result in a failed block due to terrain or character height difference or short weapon hitboxes. Mixed results from correct input feels bad in skill-based games. The same distinction is made for chamber-blocking, which was so straightforward in Warband that it simply became a way to disrupt timing, and is so finnicky in Bannerlord that almost nobody makes deliberate attempts to do it.

I played M&B starting with the .623 beta for the original game in 2005, was in the first wave of invites for the Warband closed beta in August 2009, and participated in the friends & family beta as well as the closed MP beta for Bannerlord. I've played thousands of hours in the first game, and in Warband both SP and MP where I was deeply involved, but I can't stomach Bannerlord for very long. It does not feel as good as its predecessors, even though it looks better and has some interesting new systems.
    Thanks for this insight Orion.
    To what do you attribute this relative degradation, some sort of paradox, even, now 15 years and more down the IT development track ?
    A next generation of personnel at TW, yet perhaps not so talented, or savvy, for their day ?
  8. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Fixed a crash that occurred due to adding the daughter as a companion in the Notable Wants Daughter Found quest.
    ............ but we have not been able to recruit the girl since some patch a year or more ago, no ?

Piconi, this old "exploit " was THE way to pick up good - looking ( eventually, via " re-rolling " ) companions. It even felt like recruitment, with a bit of a back - story, may have been the quite interesting real purpose of this otherwise typically banal quest. Please, can TW rebuild the recruiting "twist" into this quest now ?

( Yes, I was, once, able to create a clan of glamazon redheads ................ sigh )
  9. Why We Need a Lord of the Rings DLC in Bannerlord A Dream DLC Concept!!!

We won't have a " good ", stabilised, Bannerlord ( vanilla, Calradia ) for a year or so still, at least.
    We won't have fully developed " good " overhaul mods like " Kingdoms of Arda " until a couple of years after that, at least.

Meanwhile, for the best The Lord of the Rings experience going play the legendary The Last Days of the Third Age mod for Warband ( and it is still getting updates ).

Warband mods are just hitting their stride these days, after so many years. Bannerlord mods will likely follow such a long development timeline.
    We are very lucky to have accomplished mod teams making the games we really want to play - historical and fantasy genres.
    Like with Warband, eventually no-one will be playing vanilla Banalord ........ we will be skipping straight to its superior " next generation " mods.

Sadly Calradia just doesn't hold a candle to The Crusades, The Wars of the Roses, Japan, Middle Earth, etc

And the only way we will get an " overhaul " DLC is if TW buys into a mod, like they did with With Fire and Sword, and Viking Conquest. That would be years off.
    The whole Bannerlord scene is in such slow - motion these days, it is tantalising.
  10. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Family/Clan members should be fully customizable

They always end up looking nothing like you and I think it would just add a lot of roleplay value to be able to change siblings and children's height, face, everything. I would love to make a scared up tall fat warrior brother for example. At least let the character take the character traits of the parents instead of the same old ugly duckling character we get.

Currently I use the alley glitch to achieve this on console but it should really just be a feature.
    Of course.
    Many have requested this, over the years.
    But why stop with your Clan ? All NPCs should be fully customisable, or at least re appearance, as you wish, via the Character Creator.
    Why not ? It's our game.

But TW seems to be under the impression that it is their game ..........

( re PC, there is already a mod that allows full customisation of any and all NPCs, but this is the sort of inspiring thing, among many, that appears to be beyond TW's " Vision ", let alone capabilities )
  11. Just wanted to say thanks for update

I like your takes and agree 100%
    BL desperately needs a properly - built Relations system ( amongst other things ).
    We have been saying this for years now.
    And my wife ( not IRL ) is still ( still ! ) -1 Relation, in 1.2.7.

What is TW really thinking about all this, their " super " - game ? It's nigh on 2024 already .......
  12. Patch Notes v1.2.7

Just checked - with 1.2.7 one of my best beautiful flaming redhead (1.1.6 ) companions ( she is one of two Sturgians I carefully selected for their Red Sonja looks ) suddenly has long plain brown hair instead.
    I am gutted.
    Now I will have to retire her and search high and low ( again ! ) for a replacement hot ranga.
    How could this happen, of all things?

( these days I am just sitting on an early - game old save, waiting for BL to get good - ? 1.3 - before getting stuck into the Campaign )
  13. SP Medieval Dell'arte della guerra

I think it will be the most legendary mod ever made for Bannerlord! :love: I want to make a small suggestion. You probably did not add the Akkoyunlu state because they were both of Turkish origin. However, this state is 10 years later, would destroy the Karakoyunlu state and enter into an alliance with the Venetians and go to war with the Ottomans.⚔️

It may be an unimportant detail for you, but it is really important for me that you add the country I mentioned. I have dreamed of this in many games and it is an indescribable happiness to see the clan I am affiliated with in the game. 🙏
    But it will be the Wars of the Roses - 15th century Britain.
    Not Europe, not Middle East. Too ambitious.
    Read the posts.

It will be great.
  14. Patch Notes v1.2.7

This is a temporary solution necessary due to the patch process while we work on re-instating the full number of servers previously present.

Yeah, should be able to.
    Thanks Dejan.

The team must be on a high right now having delivered 1.2.7 !
    Thanks for all your ongoing work to get to the best Bannerlord base playable.

( To be frank, I say this with an eye on some great - looking historical overhaul mods that I have to wait very, very, patiently for ...... come one year or another. Tantalising ! )
  15. SP Musket Era 1631: The Thirty Years' War - A near-complete overhaul of WFAS

Thank you for the encouragement!

And yes, obviously there is historical precedent for out-of-the-ordinary women. As you say, the player could easily fill that role. But for it to commonly become the standard whenever a player marries a lady is what I'm debating whether is a good idea or not. I'm not ruling it out, but it's not high on my priority list. Marriage primarily serves as a way to accummulate Renown and serve role playing purposes, in my mind.

As to not kill hope entirely, I see it more fit that adventurous women would be easier to find among the lower classes than the nobility, who have a lot of eyes and expectations on them. Fleshing out Village life is my current focus, so we'll see where it ends up.
    To be sure, " some village beauty to adventuring general's wife " makes for a grand narrative arc.
    Again, witness the amazing life of Catherine I ( Marta, a farmer's daughter ), colliding with Peter the Great like that.
    She must have had really great ....... Charisma !
  16. Patch Notes v1.2.7

Can I play 1.2.7 on seamlessly from my 1.1.6 save ?
    I have a handful of the most beautiful redhead companions hand - picked ( ie for looks) through rng - milking the Wants Daughter Found quest, back in the day.
    It was a bit of a project, and I don't want to lose them.
  17. SP Musket Era 1631: The Thirty Years' War - A near-complete overhaul of WFAS

Thank you!

Currently I'm working on making it harder to survive by simply just roaming, requiring the player to stay in certain locations and work for a living, but also to get more involved in local affairs. Basically to deepen mechanics in Towns and Villages even further, making them feel more alive beneath the surface. A vision I have is that you should be able to find wives and husbands in every social class, not just nobility. (I'm also planning to add more noble ladies, since there's only two marriable ones per faction currently.)
    The mod is very much "complete" in a sense already though, so don't worry about that.

As for wives as companions, that's obviously something I've been thinking about, but I'm concerned with a few aspects of realism here. Having women run around on the battlefields is a bit silly, and there's not that many skills in the game that feel particularly "womanly", to justify having them be skilled partners. I can see the practical argument for wive companions, since this is Mound & Blade, but it's a bit a mental hurdle for me from a historical perspective, unfortunately.
    Your vision is indeed inspiring.

Re the " ladies " - in an incredibly interesting and " challenging " world it seems always some women, privileged or no, " rise to the occasion ", travel and adventure, even campaign with armies, by design, or by " accident "..........
    There are so many examples, from before Boudica and Zenobia, to Lady Hester Stanhope, and way beyond.

Off the top of my head we have the medieval Sikelgaita, Gwenllian ferch Gruffydd, and, of course, Joan of Arc.

Most pertinently Leonora Christina Ulfeldt is a good contemporary 17th Century example of an " adventuring " wife.
    Christina, Queen of Sweden, is an even more impressive example of a contemporary " tomboy " ( and she was a great rider, fencer, etc ).

Catherine I of Russia campaigned alongside Peter the Great, as did Darya Menshikova accompany Menshikov.
    Later, Nadezhda Durova ( a wife, and mother, and daughter of a major ) would join the Napoleonic Russian uhlans.

And after all, we already have female adventuring Companions, with their, well, plausible backstories ; even if " the wife " is the only adventurous wife ( and swordswoman, a la Hellish Quart ? Pourquoi pas ? ) in the game, that is perfectly in keeping with being, uniquely, the player's wife - she is already " exceptional "!
    ( That's why I married her ! And she has so much potential ! And ......... she is strikingly beautiful ............... )

And if you play as a ( comely, mind you ) female adventurer, well, there you are, the rare swashbuckling swordswoman yourself. You'll probably marry a general, and carry on campaigning. I say what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

By the way, for an immersive Thirty Years' War read I highly recommend " Tyll " by Daniel Kehlmann - Elizabeth Stuart, "The Winter Queen", is one of the great characters. And of course the Swedish - French etc film " The Girl King " is apposite ( and very atmospheric ).
  18. SP Musket Era 1631: The Thirty Years' War - A near-complete overhaul of WFAS

This is great; many thanks for this exciting work.
    I always hoped NPC99 would further develop his ECW mod.
    You have a good emphasis on history, and role playing features, as per your lists above.
    What other WIP features are you working on ?

( I would prefer to hold off playing until you have it " complete " )
    ( I am wishing that, apart from every other fantastic thing you thinking of, that you can see your way to adding attractive female faces for Companions and young noblewomen ie potential wives, and that your attractive wife can join your party and adventure alongside you as a skilled Companion, as we see coded in Perisno and some other up - to - date Warband mods these days. Please ! ).
  19. "Baldur’s Gate 3 is Causing Some Developers to Panic"

Sorry if I came across too aggressive. Looking back, it was a bit strong.

See my anecdote in the post above. I had about a dozen crashes throughout acts 2 and 3, but one cause was seemingly fixed via hotfix and the other was addressed by reducing my frame limiter from 144 to 72. I also had a minor bug in the final sequence of companion dialogs at the end of the game, but it was known by the time I encountered it and a workaround had been discovered. The only bug I noticed which affected my progression through the game in a way I couldn't easily fix was a missing NPC in act 2, who also makes an appearance in act 3 so it merely delayed a quest rather than locking me out of it. My experience, of course, isn't universal, and I'm sure there are a multitude of other problems affecting the experiences of others. I've yet to see any of my friends abandon the game because of bugs, though, and most of them have made it into or out of act 2 by now.

Full disclosure, I did have some visual bugs in scripted cinematics where a character didn't render or camera angles in dialogs weren't appropriately adjusted for characters of non-standard height (either large body types or small races like dwarf/gnome/halfling). Camera angles and animations involving multiple characters can get a little wonky if the characters are of drastically different height or are standing on uneven terrain as well. Those are a bit immersion breaking and do detract from the experience a bit.

That's it for bugs and performance. For other aspects of quality, there's a fair bit that I've noticed myself, watching others play, and talking to my friends about their runs. It's long, but the issues aren't straight-forward.

Thanks.
    Good post.
    It will be interesting to see the ways in which the announced Big Patch 1 and then Big Patch 2 improve the game ( after already 4 hotfixes ), and their timing, along with any further " completing " work down the track ............ right up to the inevitable " Definitive Edition " ( at last, the game as it was / is meant to be played, as a piece of work - but just now, at launch, is not that time; this industry practice makes me a sceptic, that, in this case, not until 2025, say, might we actually get what we pay for .......... and until then, is it not a scam ? ).
  20. "Baldur’s Gate 3 is Causing Some Developers to Panic"

My anecdote for this is that I missed one of the post-finale companion dialog sequence scenes because a choice in a different character dialog scene prematurely ends the entire sequence, and in act 2 a blacksmith NPC didn't show up for me where he was supposed to so I had to put off a companion's quest until he appeared in act 3 (coincidentally, same companion whose finale scene is bugged). I also experienced some performance hits and crashes in acts 2 and 3, which I could consistently replicate by having my main character hit enemies with a melee weapon in fights that went on longer than 5 turns. That was seemingly fixed before I finished my first campaign a week ago. I also had a couple of crashes entering dialogs in busy parts of act 3, but updating my drivers and setting a more conservative frame limit (72, down from 144) remedied those. Was it perfect? No. Frustrating? Yes. Did I persevere and try to find solutions to the problems I experienced before whinging about it on Twitter? Trick question, I don't have a Twitter account.

Careful what words you put in my mouth. If that's the standard you're going to set, you're hopelessly deluded and not worth talking to about this at all. Literally no game works as intended on release because nobody intends for bugs to exist or crashes to occur, and this is especially true on PC where there is an impossibly large number of hardware combinations and external factors that can affect a game's performance. Again, calling BG3 a scam because it isn't literally perfect is asinine. Haters gonna hate.
    Mate, the words that you yourself are putting in your own mouth are a bit salty, especially coming from a moderator, do you not consider ?
    You are saying I am " asinine ", " hopelessly deluded ", " not worth talking to ", a " hater "........... I am none of these things.

Well, are you impressed by how Larian " delivered " on Act 2 and Act 3 ?
    I mean as an honest, professional, product quality, critique?
    Not too sketchy and obviously rushed for a premature launch ?
    You did not feel the game " content " falling off progressively after a solid Act 1 ( which had the benefit of EA, and for nearly 3 years )?
    Many are now saying BG3 was released way too early and needs a lot more work, re both writing and polish.
    I am interested in how that comes about.
    Because a game can instead be launched when it really is ready.
    Nothing to do with some concept of " perfect " ( a word you put in my mouth ).

True, BG3 is still a better effort than Taleworlds' Bannerlord debacle.
Back
Top Bottom