Search results for query: *

1. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

jackalj said:
    I have a question about TaleWorlds and their financial status, i'm sure that they cant keep 'delaying' or pushing the release further away because at some point they need bannerlord to start making sales and money for them right?

I'm sure that they can survive on the warband sales and some other projects or assignments they are getting paid for. So what I am trying to say/ask, they cant (keep) delay(ing) the game to just add a 'one more' feature. Right?

A this point the game has been in development for 5 years, perhaps even longer. There arent alot of game studio's out there that can develop a game for 5 years on their own (without publishers support), and still don't have a release date or expected date.

It's a fair question. That's why Bioware got sold twice (first to a holding company, then to EA). Dragon Age: Origins was taking way too damn long, they changed engines halfway through development, and Jade Empire--which was expected to tide them off--didn't meet sales expectations. Microsoft helping with Mass Effect wasn't enough to keep them above water. Gamers are of course hostile to the sale--as a community we lionize independent developers and scapegoat publishers as a matter of reflex--but ask the devs and they'll probly say they're glad they're still paid to keep making games.

As to how Taleworlds is doing, beats me. No way for us to know, and it's not like they have any interest in opening their financials to the public. That said, my instinct is that if they were in serious financial trouble, they'd put Bannerlord on Early Access to get some more cash, even if its unfinished. They may plan do that regardless, who knows, but that might be one reason.
  2. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I'm guessing there have been false starts along the way. Work that had to be redone. They've also (re?)built their own engine and tools, which takes time as well.
Back
Top Bottom