Search results for query: *

1. Cèsar de Quart

Does the Bannerlord map make sense, when compared to that of Warband?

In any case, I am talking about orography, not where the cities are located. Obviously I am in favour of the settlements being located in their rightful place, like Sargot in the north.
    Having said that, the new map is nothing more than an evolution of the previous one opening up "waterways". Look at the Sturgia (terrain removed / water inserted) and Aserai (terrain rotated) territories...
    QbIJ4.jpg

That map had to be modified yes or yes to introduce naval combat or so I understand the move. (Yellow zone = navigation area)

_1p1Y.jpg
    While I agree, it seems to have been done to accomodate waterways and naval travel... two years in, I gotta ask... where is that naval travel? xD
    It's not a matter of scale, it's a matter of being completely artificial and obviously tailored toward gamey purposes.

No, it doesn't make any shred of sense, and that's the first big problem, it's blatantly handmade, and doesn't feel at all natural. It's dungeon's corridors instead of open space FFS.

Absolutely not either, and that's the second problem. As it's been said several times, if everything is a chokepoints then chokepoints lose all meaning, purpose and worth. Being walled in constantly is boring, not interesting, and the entire world being a bunch of narrow paths makes it repetitive and annoying to travel, not fun nor immersive.
    I agree, the map has too many chokepoint, at the end of the day you're all the time cruising through mountain passes or river fords; that'd be fine if it was the theme of one or two regions tops (maybe Battania and part of Vlandia) but it's the trend everywhere, even in the desert with its plateaus and the Khuzait steppe.
  2. Cèsar de Quart

Download and Description - Europe 1200 Warband (Release Sep. 11th 2013)

If Korinov releases his module system and we find someone crazy enough to make all the factions up until Armenia's location - then yes, we will make Armenia. But seeing as Korinov has again disappeared without a trace since the last time he wrote to me, saying he'll make a post explaining his current situation soon, I wouldn't really hope much. But, who knows, maybe someone will pick it up and start making a Europe 1200 mod for Bannerlord, once it's released?
    There's too much tragedy here in hindsight... :grin:
  3. Cèsar de Quart

One thing i noticed when looking on the older maps of bannerlord was how much more sense it made when compared to warband, it seems that in the latest revision of the map they simply moved settlements around without much regard for previous established lore (or the lore they wrote themselves in the description of many fiefs currently in bannerlord, they are all accurate to the old map instead of the new one), even the clan banners over the fiefs were properly aligned in previous version and now they look rushed with the symbols overlaping each other.

YAgFd4K.png
    oZXtKN9.jpg
    qweGKsO.png
    yhn5wZ8.jpg

I agree, it's very obvious they first tried to make a map that expanded on Warband's, and then they changed their minds and moved stuff around.
  4. Cèsar de Quart

SP Medieval 1217 AD Mod

Hey I'm so glad you commented! I am really in need of fellow researchers and just about any help I can get for this mod. And yes you guessed correctly I haven't really sunk my teeth into Spain yet. This mod is set in 1217 so that's why Cordoba is not included. As for the cadet branch of the house of Barcelona ruling the county of Provence I'm referring to Ramon Berenguer IV Count of Provence. I'm aware that the counts of Toulouse also had part of Provence as Marquis's of Provence. I will have to change some of the settlements and noble families for Spain. I had difficulty finding Spanish nobility but I haven't really dived into the Spanish Wikipedia yet. I would appreciate any help you can offer to the project and thanks for commenting.

Edit: I don't know why I had Barcelona de Provence in the kingdom of Aragon, its the leader of its own faction the county of Provence.

Oh, ok. I thought your mod was set in 1257, and my brain farted...

Finding Castilian and Portuguese noble families is a pain, but there's a couple of good genealogy websites that are decent. Not a substitute for good books on the matter, but these are hard to come by outside of a university library...
  5. Cèsar de Quart

SP Medieval 1217 AD Mod

I assume the research hasn't really began on Spain and this is a preliminary.

Kingdom of Aragon (9):
    Barcelona (6 fiefs) - Zaragoza (City), Barcelona (City), Cinco Villas (Manor), Caspe (Town), Château de Quéribus, Château de Miglos
    de Bearn
    de Urgell
    de Arborea
    Barcelona de Provence
    de Cabrera
    de Pallars
    de Empúries
    Borgia

First off, Quéribus was not really in Aragon, it was fortified by the French during the late 13th Century. Miglos doesn't ring any bells, but it was probably the same story.

The nobles families are not wrong, but you're going for 1257, right? Then you're missing some and some should not be there. To start with, the "Barcelona de Provence" (what language are you representing here?) are not supposed to be ruling Provence, because by 1257 the war for Provence is in full swing and Charles of Anjou is mostly in control.

The Borgias (Borja) are literally nowhere to be found at this time. We have no record of the House of Borja before Domenech de Borja, father of Pope Calixtus III, who was a minor noble and merchant. There is one Lord of Borja in the 12th Century, but he died childless, and it's rash to assume the two are connected in any way.

The Counts of Urgell and Empúries are the most important, followed by the Viscount of Cabrera, the Viscount of Cardona and the Lord of Montcada. The Counts of Pallars were important due to their title (Count was the highest title in Spain, there were no dukes until the mid-14th century) but their lands were poor.

Kingdom of Navarre:
    Jimenez (6 fiefs) - Pamplona (City), Huarte, Navascues, Maranon, Calahorra, Tafalla

The cities should be Pamplona, Estella and Sigüenza (Pamplona for sure, but if you need more, pick Estella)

The castles, Tafalla, Tudela, Rada, and then Huarte and Navascués. Calahorra was not in Navarre, It was precisely a Castillian castle guarding the Ebro river against Navarrese raids.

Kingdom of Castille (10):
    Ivrea (of Castille) (3 fiefs) - Burgos (City), Toledo (City), Madrid (City)
    Ivrea of Villena
    Haro
    Lara
    de Castro
    Guzman
    de Mendoza
    Méndez de Sotomayor
    Traba
    Osorio

Today we call the ruling house of Castile the "Ivreas", but they were never called so. The progenitor, the husband of Queen Urraca, father of Alfonso VII, was called "de Borgoña", but even then, the royal houses were never known as such. I'd just leave the royal dynasty as "de Castilla".

So, first: Madrid was not a city in 1257. It was a medium-sized town with a castle and some good hunting grounds dead center in the middle of the Peninsula, which is why Philip II chose it as his permanent capital. But in 1257 it should not be a city.

What about Córdoba and Sevilla? Ferdinand III took both cities between 1230 and 1240.
  6. Cèsar de Quart

[UNPOPULAR OPINION] The amount of "mods" on nexus will KILL the game

Isn't it true that most people who buy a game never even bother with mods?

Even so, how is this TW's problem? They don't control what modders do.
  7. Cèsar de Quart

How to make tournaments interesting

Different tiers of tournaments are, I think, essential.

Have a lowly brawl tournament to represent just fights that amount to little prestige and low-tier prizes, and then have more ocasional noble tournaments with established teams, big reputation spikes, some sections of melee and some of one on one, and yes, jousting hadn't developed in the Xth Century, but... do you care? I don't. Just add jousting, please. A jousting minigame where you have to manage aim, balance and stamina would be nice, but I know it's too much to ask for.

AND same armour for everyone, but personal heraldry.
  8. Cèsar de Quart

Great opportunity for Crusader-based Faction

That area may harbor a Spanish-like faction, considering that deep within the files there are a couple of Spanish flavour elements, like a "Catalan Company".
  9. Cèsar de Quart

Devs please read

More entitled whining and dev-white-knighting? That's what we need, yes.

Some people here act like they bought a full release product, and others act like TaleWorlds were an NGO volunteering to save children in war-torn parts of the world.

At the end of the day, it's in TaleWorlds best interest to deliver the best sequel to Warband they can deliver, and make sure we like it enough to keep buying their stuff (DLCs, possible M&B 3 in 2057...). If they don't, none of us will be the worse for it. Maybe we made it worse by buying Early Access, maybe we did give them the lifeline they needed to keep building the game up, we don't know.

Let's just hope they'll do their best.
  10. Cèsar de Quart

Does Sturgia own too much?

I like the Rus-Viking nature of Sturgia, but I wouldn't mind having a purely Nord faction come out on ships and a purely Slavic faction roaming the northeastern edge of the map.
  11. Cèsar de Quart

Heraldic Armour?

It's lame because it has only pre defined crest (the vlandian lion). It would be nice to have your own crest on it instead. So, yeah, proper heraldic armour please

I agree.
  12. Cèsar de Quart

Heraldic Armour?

All factions have pretty uniform armor though, it's not in any way unique to Vlandia.

Vlandia is the only one which has a consistent, unified symbol on many of their top tier troops and lords.

And yes, all armies look a bit homogenous, but Vlandia looks especially uniform.
  13. Cèsar de Quart

Heraldic Armour?

I don't think heraldry was as developed and common in the vague time period bannerlord presents as opposed to the vague period Warband does.
    Also, I do not think that BL has to do everything WB did. It's a different game.

There is heraldic armour already, but it only ever has one charge: a lion. A bit lame, it feels like Vlandia has some sort of "uniform" standards when it comes to their army, and if there's something the 11th Century is not, is uniform.

So... yes, proper heraldic armour, please.
  14. Cèsar de Quart

Does anyone know what will happen to Sargot?

Just change the name to Veluca or something similar and be done with it. It would fit the Warband map, it would rid us of the South Sargot problem and it would make it so people stop saying it's possible to move a city 1000km north in two hundred years.
  15. Cèsar de Quart

++ MAGNA RENOVATIO ++ Europe 1200 Reloaded.

That's awesome, thank you!

Anyway, I can't play on 1.2 or 1.3 because I'm having this "Save failed!" Error. More and more people are getting it, still no fix. The game becomes unplayable because you're unable to save anymore.
    That's EA for you haha

The banners mod is great, and even if I'd prefer a simpler approach to heraldry than what the mod makes it to be, it's miles better than the cunky crap Bannerlord passes for sigils.
  16. Cèsar de Quart

What Mods would you like to be made?

I'd love to see something along the lines of the Interesting NPCs mod for Skyrim, which adds a bunch of unique characters to the world with a variety of small and large questlines to flesh out the world. I think it would fit the game really well.

Skyrim was sorely lacking in that department. It's curious that the strongest suit of the old M&B companions, the fact that you could never have all of them becaus half of them disliked the other half, is, for now, forgotten. Just like Skyrim forgot that Fallout 3 had interesting and charismatic companions with backstories and quests attached to them.
  17. Cèsar de Quart

Problems recolouring the kingdoms, any help?

OK. I got it.
    You need use colors codes from banner_icons.xml
    and then it should work.
    It work for me.

Whoa, thanks! I'll try that today.

I personally think they are wasting a prime opportunity to turn the "Empire" faction into something more flavorful, which in turn would lend itself to new coloring anyway. I think if the split it the way the Roman empire went with the Western and Eastern Roman empires you could make more flavor with the Betrayed mercenary faction. The units are already in the game so why not have one side go the way of the Western and keep the post Marian reform units, another side go Eastern and keep with the more Byzantine style units and have the third break away as some form of Auxillary or something. That would split them up, but you would need to find a new color for Vlandia.

It really wouldn't make sense to have post-Marian equipment side by side with 10th Century Byzantine gear. Tactics changed, and so did the gear. However, I'd like it if they, instead of just ripping off the Trajan Column for inspiration, they tried to give them something just a tad more Western Roman (thin pteruges and medallions, maybe a smudge of lorica segmentata, but made to be scale or lamellar armour instead of just plate segments)

Terco has made some beautiful sketches of what this could look like.

But actually, doesn't the Legion wear more ancient Roman looking gear already?
  18. Cèsar de Quart

History of Bannerlord: The Battle of Pendraic

I reject your rejection of the Dragon Banner.

The battle of Manzikert is bit similar than whole campaign process. The destination is aimed in a specific region, the betyal of mercenary (Vlandian=Cuman), the army split, get ambushed in hill and never get message from them, archer been crushed, calvary cover, the camp been assault, general take troop and leave the battle (Ducas= Arenicos).

The battle of Carrhae or Cannae are not good comparision, because there isn't any similarity except major defeat. After Carrhae and Cannae, the Roman are still able to fight back.

It's not a 1:1 parallel. The inspiration of the battle of Pendraic can have come from Mantzikert, but the idea of the battle as a big event in which everyone took part and resonates within the world and the characters to this day is an old fantasy/historical fiction trope. You find it in most fantasy settings (think the Battle of the Trident and others from Robert's Rebellion in Game of Thrones, or the Battle of the Last Alliance in the Lord of the Rings (granted, not everyone was there, but all of the elven characters were), etc.

So I would not jump to conclusions on this one. The armies of the Empire are plenty capable of fighting back the Battanians and Sturgians a decade after this, while the Byzantine Empire lost a good third of its territory to the Turks between Mantzikert and the reign of Nikephoros Botaniates

The defeat of Manzikert symbolize the rise of Byzantine in Komnenos dynasty stopped.

Don't you mean that Mantzikert marked the rise of the Komnenians, instead of the opposite?
  19. Cèsar de Quart

The Battanian kingdom is based within a giant caldera of a super volcano.
    A super volcano, that due to tectonic shifting, is now creating a volcanic mountain next to Rhotae. Why else would there be a giant solo mountain in the middle of plains?

This obviously erupts between Bannerlord and Warband. a massive blast that levels Battania, and western empire entirely. wiping out cities across the entire continent, and flattening entire mountain ranges. Changing the course of rivers.

In the end it was not iron that ends the Empire, its fire.

That would be an interesting idea. It would certainly explain why the Western Empire, once verdant, looks bleak and barren in Warband.
  20. Cèsar de Quart

Majority of online users in 2020...

Don't feed the troll, it's not worth it.
Back
Top Bottom