Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Feasts, Festivals, Fashion! And A Calendar Extension to go along with it!

While I like the suggestion about broadly, I think it would be too much of a hassle for the devs to implement and annoying for the players to use, as many players don't even know about civilian clothing. If it was implemented, I would rather it be something binary with 2 criteria; does it look suitable Yes/No, is it culturally acceptable to wear Yes/No (for example wearing togas or any Imperial-specific outfit outside the Empire culture towns is a No).
    Fair enough; mostly my thoughts are how to get the "mid-late" game more interesting and draw the player into the world more. But given the track record I'm not sure that TW is capable of doing it quite right;
    Minigames get a definitive NO from me. Even if they were something as simple as jousting tournaments (1v1 mounted duels with a couching lance and a shield), stuff like this get old really really fast. For context, I've been playing Pendor again, and Sarleon tournaments are just not fun anymore.
    I think it might make feasts more interesting if you had stuff to do other than just hit people with arena weapons in a tournament and then talk to them afterwards... but you're probably right that they'd quickly get old very, very fast, especially without longer calendars that would allow them to be more spaced out. Thought about adding Fox Tossing, but that would make people mad for other reasons 😆
  2. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

Warband is soulless compared to bannerlord if you’re comparing vanilla games, in warband you really only choose the same companions over and over.

bannerlord is a great game it’s like an updated warband with alot better fighting mechanics.

I think you wanted a different game.

your problem is you don’t remember vanilla warband and would most likely hate it.

When bannerlord had a decades worth of mods than we can discuss but let’s face it bannerlord was and is a huge success.

Maybe you just need to take a break I get burnt out every 500 hours and take a break and come back after x amount of time and the cool thing is bannerlord gets updates to vanilla.

Warband didn’t even have a story bannerlord Atleast offers you a story.
    It's not that simple:

yes Warband is itself kind of empty in many ways, but you've also got to consider how many of the improvements from Viking Conquest, or the numerous mods that Warband recieved were improvements to the underlying systems of gameplay.

to put it another way there's a lot of stuff that warband mods fixed that were pretty simple or fairly small changes, it makes little sense that the developers wouldn't also be able to make these changes. I guess in part it's because of pride; not wanting to be seen copying the work of amateurs. Copy enough mods and you get a double edged sword situation where they accuse you of copying
  3. Matrilineal Marriges

It should depend on the culture your clan is aligned with really, though that might require some sense of cultural drift.
  4. SP - General Feasts, Festivals, Fashion! And A Calendar Extension to go along with it!

Feasts are a controversial part of warband; many infamous jokes point to Swadia's constant feasting as a contributing factor to their difficulties in aquiring and holding territory as it took lords and particularly generals attention away from leading campaigns. However I think their absence...
  5. Please FIX the Couched Lance Animation

Yes, I totally agree. In fact, many users, including myself, highlighted this a long time ago, bringing it to the eyes of the devs.

Funny enough, that "rEaLiStIc CoUcH"animation is Native; surprise! we also provided feedback in the past... but it fell on deaf ears... like hundreds of other contributions that could enrich the experience of the base game.
    maybe they had some weird difficulty along the lines of such: (I mean this in good humor)
    1:"hey is the guy on the horse.. do we know if the saddle has stirrups?"
    2:"the saddle itself doesn't even know if it has stirrups unless you want to go into the specs of the model/skeleton/rigging"
    1:"hmm.. do you think we could add it in? like it might need to be a boolean or whatever we attach to the horse armor class.."
    2:" yeah but do you know how many bugs and balance issues that might cause?"
    [the conversation turns into one of those old religious-fundimentalist comics/pamphlets/morality play where the 'salvation' from a similar fate is Embracing Test Driven Development, or having a certified SCRUM master]
  6. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

I agree with this takes too long for children to come to age. It would be nice if they could have like a 2.0 multiplier for children to age until they are 18
    what about an x6 or x10 time-multiplier or (assuming the devs ever bother to fix diplomacy by adding the things in the mod 'Diplomacy')...

frankly I'd prefer the game to be slightly slower, 12 month year, so that there's enough space for peace-time activities to really get expanded, but I am aware that this poses a problem in what you describe.

I think expanded peace-time activities would help pad the mid-to-late game out a bit; I'm talking needing to go to weddings, tournaments, festivals, etc. or at the very least have some good representation being sent that way... maybe even have a "fashion" rating for the player, with different cultural styles and trends that age.. and which might greatly complicate escape from an assassin or a riot.
  7. SP - General Add fast forward option when watching arena fights

honestly just have "fast forward" and "slow down" buttons in general fights.

allow it to be "0.5x" to like "4.0x", allow the player to use it in the middle of most scenes.
  8. Bannerlord is really just a broken game.

really ? speed is your point ?
    The game is from 2020, not 2008. the standard for mods has insanely increased. Models are harder to make since of higher quality, there is no common framework for mods like warband's diplomacy, code breaks every big update, new features get added that require a complete rework of parts for what has been done, etc...
    You wouldn't even play a mod made in the same timespan as brytenwalda in bannerlord, simply because it would be like the current total overhauls we have : either incomplete, buggy, or adding nothing to the game
    the standards "increased" basically in proportion to the tools generally available meaning that they're kind of matched. (Compare GIMP or Blender in 2010 to now and you'll see it's night and day)

the bigger issue is that there seems to be glacially slow development cycle and questionable vision in terms of direction for development.
  9. Dear Taleworlds, Is there any way you can remove the 2048 unit cap on battle size for the game?

I mean having bigger maps and more complicated (TW) ish controls might be needed.
  10. Lords and Garrisons should have a chance to surrender

Basically there is very little peace time, lords often vote for new wars (even when the faction is only medium sized and the kingdom is already at war with multiple enemies) and then attempt to peace out almost immediately due to being in too many wars. And while I only understand how the tributes are calculated in broad strokes, in my opinion, raided villages should contribute a bit less, and captured lords & fiefs should contribute a bit more to tribute payments.

Honestly, votes, policies and basic diplomacy in general have too many issues:

- Most lords always vote the same regardless of traits or relationship with the person who started the vote (for example forgiveness of the debts is always unfavourable).

- The AI very rarely start votes for new policies (and when they do it might be a policy chosen randomly?), never attempt to seize another clan's fief and never attempts to kick a clan out from the kingdom.

- The AI doesn't even vote for their own interests most of the time, and many policies are unbalanced in the way that some of them are always good like forgiveness of the debts & castle charters, and some of them are almost always bad, such as debasement of the currency.

- Rulers cannot be forced to abdicate their throne or have their fiefs seized (hopefully this gets addressed in patch 1.3 with the addition of claimants & civil wars).

- New fief ownership votes favour proximity to other fiefs too much (I don't mind fiefless clans being prioritized though) and castles are given the same value as towns (low clan tier clans should not be on the ballot for town ownership votes).

- Rulers should always have the option to take a new fief for themselves for a high influence cost (e.g. the combined total of influence on all votes + 100 influence) and a relationship penalty (-10 or -20 sounds good) with all 3 people on the ballot.

- Rulers should be able to make peace among themselves through the barter menu without the need for a vote (this would be balanced by the rulers having to pay for the peace deal from their own coffers immediately rather than spreading the cost of making peace to the other clans being paid over time).

- Rulers should have the ability to barter for fiefs with the lords of the same faction or the rulers of different factions.
    the clan and fief system is kind of sparse anyway. think there's a lot of room to make clans and fiefs more numerous, maybe even implementing some kind of "feudal" heirachy where some clans are branches or vassals of more major ones.
  11. king and lord

I don't think coop is a good idea.
    This is primarily because I don't see how it would work at all given the presently existing world-map time issues people have. (IE: why does it take so long for my kid to grow up in game.. etc. etc..)..
  12. ***Community Feedback ROADMAP - What Taleworlds still needs to fix!***

Warband also take in consideration the number of troops you have.. so it's considerably harder to sneak into a town with 250 swadian knights parked outside the walls 🤣
    I mean the solution to that is to allow players to garrison or set up camp.

If you own 5-6 settlements 2 weeks is barely enough time to check on towns/castles to see if there any pressing issues, then go to any attached villages and do the same, then check to see how your workshops are, and finally see how clan members are. If you're wife is governor and you're trying to have a baby then you might have a day or two to get pregnant if you're lucky. My point is 2 weeks is nothing. Ofc that's assuming you aren't in 1 or 2 other wars at the time.
    Wars need to have a longer down time between and factions should not be in multiple wars except on very rare occasions. The fatigue factor for players having to constantly fight wars is so great by mid-late game it just burns most people out and they either need to take a break or start a new campaign.
    time in general in the game would benefit heavily from having a 12 month calendar I feel.

add in a 10-12x time "fast forwards" for those who feel time passes too slowly already,
  13. No Funeral cut scene for my old beloved companion.

in general there needs to be additional festivals and feasts;

funerals, weddings, uh equivalents to like baptisms, naming-days, etc. (celebrating a successful birth), uh coming-of-age-ceremonies when the kid turns 13-15.
    these should all be branches of "public event" that lords might be invited to or "need" to attend or risk losing status or influence/traits.
  14. How realistic is Talesworld adding boats to bannerlord?

A lot of Warband mods do it this way, such as Warsword Conquest and Suvarnibhumi Mahayuth, so I presume it's easier to implement than VC style ship battles. Considering the difference in setting a warship could have an aftcastle to make archers more useful, with flat ships as in VC the fight on deck is pure melee and ranged are only good for shooting some during the maneuvering.

Then the modders will make the ships move, and let you mount mangonels on them so that you can play as Tete-noire from The White Company
    I mean it probably is, but I'd prefer the devs have the basis for ships moving (given they can probably look at how it was done (imperfectly, but "good enough") in viking conquest)
    along with support for "damaging ships", "capturing ships", etc.

they don't have to "actually implement it in a fun way", that can be left to individual modders, but it would be better to have a single-standard or framework that would be supported than a standard that depends on a modder to execute.
  15. Every time bro

Yeah Battania is basically a Dark Age Celtic Kingdom, in a Medieval setting. They feel really out of place, though it's kind of implied Battania is very old based on their architecture. Would have been nice if Battania was more like a proper Medieval Celtic Kingdom.

Empire is clearly very Byzantine styled, but then they got all these classic Imperial Rome inspirations which feel a bit silly. It's like blending a bunch of ice cream flavors, the end result is you have no real flavor.
    there's also the problem of lacking any religion and that kind of making everything also pretty bland;

having dark age celts or anglo-saxon-jutes wouldn't be as much of an issue if they were on an island and implied to be fairly far from the centers of innovation and trade.

the cultures are too cohesive as a whole, which I think undermines the potential of the clans system, but there's simply not enough "room" in terms of the number of settlements to really make for breaking them up into smaller fiefdoms that might have contradicting interests, nor a system that really allows for new factions to emerge quite well (I think this is also a problem of the Aserai, who frankly lack "depth" in terms of how far south they go.

that northern landmass/peninsula/continent should have settlements on it and be slightly less frozen, with what is now "sturgia" basically made into the baltic coast.
  16. SP - Quests More side activities

Doing each settlement quest 30+ times gets very old very quickly, I'm constantly "destroying bandit parties" or "find 36 criminals to work in the mines" or "Artisans, in a town, can't sell their goods because of some ancient blood ritual that happened in the Age of Agon the Dread" So you change the law, allow them to sell ... but 10 seconds later you get the same Issue ! .. Wait ? didn't I just change that law ! ???? There's no link between this quest and Laws you pass as a King !
    that's fair, those kinds of quests need to be more related to when a "problem" is detected, though I guess that creates the problem of there being nothing to do in the early game,

which might be fixed in some future game by having something along the lines of the old warband mod Nova Aetus's system of "districts" for cities that allow for multiple street scenes per city, creating enough room that you might be able to fit in more than just a few notables.
  17. Message log

+1 for this request. I was offered a marriage proposal on the right-hand side, clicked it and opened a window where I had to choose "decline" or "accept". I hit the ESCAPE key because there was no way to view info on the proposer or the proposer's clan. I assumed that the announcement on the right-hand side would remain until I clicked the X on it. Nope!

Developers: Please make it so that dialog boxes that pop up on the right-hand side do NOT go away when you click on them. Make it so that a player has to click the little "X" above them. That's all you need to do to mitigate this issue.
    I second this; I don't like walking into things that I can't make a more careful decision on/do some looking up/cross-referencing.
  18. SP - Economy Add Hunting

the thing is with VC there was a map that was big and spread out enough that you could have animals wandering about and not have the map be all crowded.

the issue I see with the current map is that the scale is all wrong, at the present scale there doesn't seem like there are enough settlements or towns or cities, but it's also too crowded compared to Viking Conquest.
  19. SP - Quests More side activities

Yes, more side activities .. that give ..
    - More interaction with people already in castles / towns.

BUT not ..
    - more village quests that reduce moral / security in castles / towns if you don't do them, that gets very old very quickly for a King. Ok at the start but not later.
    I mean there should be some ""quests"" you have to do as a lord, or rather you have to do at least semi-regularly if you want to preserve some "positive" relations with your fief. IE: going to the village spring or summer festival, or sending a representative in your stead. Having to look for, or send parties in search of animals that wandered off might also help here.
  20. SP - Battles & Sieges multiple gates in castle/city

I don't think most people want there to be inner walls as that would make siege battle to grindy. what we want it is to be able to fight throughout the settlement. after siege battles I like to walk around the settlement and many times I see places that would be great fallback points for the defenders, but alas, they never use it.
    I'm not sure; I think inner walls would be fine; depending on the city in question.

this is a bit of a difficulty though because of the geography of the game at present seems to have too few settlements to make it feel like there's a difference between cities, towns, etc that would merit such changes, in addition to showing on the worldmap.
Back
Top Bottom