Search results for query: *

1. Speculating Delay, Lengthy Read

578 said:
    The coup had nothing to do with the delay, it was not even real. Also we have seen Sturgians gameplay. Empire units will not be the same, we know that one of them has very heavy infantry while another one has a Rhodok-kinda mix with infantry, cav and crossbows.

I am not sure if stating that the coup was not even real is entirely accurate, but if you insist that is the case I will not argue with you. You are right, we have seen Sturgian gameplay in a siege, but as far as I am aware we haven't seen them in the open field or in multiplayer. Siege gameplay is a pretty different beast, and we never got to see their cavalry in action. It was my fault for not noticing they were Sturgians.

I am happy that the Empire units will not be the same. If you have a place you can point me to that discusses this topic, I would appreciate it.
  2. Speculating Delay, Lengthy Read

John.M said:
    Was the E3 siege video not Sturgia? And I think one of the multiplayer videos had Aserai, but would it matter if they are enemies or not?  I don't see how that really means anything in the creation of the faction. That only leaves the Northern Empire, but if they are all similar there shouldn't be anything particularly difficult about making them. 

I never noticed that those were the Sturgians, thanks for pointing that out. I should have been able to tell by the color of their shields, but I didn't because I was assuming that their shields would be the color of their family crest, not which faction they belong to, since it was the first gameplay for Bannerlord. I also never took a proper look at their armor, which was my fault completely.

My point still stands for open field battles and multiplayer though, right? It definitely looks like Sturgians have heavy infantry, so it will be interesting to see the type of cavalry they have. The most I can tell from their picture is that they might have lancers. Their cavalry might be similar to the Khuzait Lancers shown in the leaked gameplay video by Elwaen. Something peculiar is that the lancers in the video don't appear to be able to do couching damage. Maybe the person playing didn't know how to do a couching charge? I know it is possible based on some footage of the Vlandians.

There are plenty of questions I still have about the Aserai, like do they still have javelins? The Sturgians in the Siege gameplay had Javelins, even the player did, but he decided to not use them. Is there still a version of Mamlukes? It seems like the Aserai have more of a focus on infantry than cavalry. I never got a good look of their cavalry since they were wiped out fairly quickly. I would like to know if the troops in the video were only infantry because the AI had very low-tiered units, or if that was the normal composition of an Aserai army. The Aserai archers seems to be pretty good, like the ones from the Sarranids. My guess from the footage we have seen of the Aserai is that the player was going up against fairly low-tiered units, so that the player could wipe them out and look really cool for the video. So, I would say it matters because we are being given a false image of how the Aserai army actually functions when optimized.

John.M said:
    We had a whole blog about this topic, it just didn't mention the specific way they were gonna measure time, so it's not really new information.

Are you talking about "Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time"? Even though that was the title, it spoke mainly about how the economy functions, topography, and weather conditions. They mentioned "One major change from Warband is how time progresses; the yearly cycle has been shortened to twelve weeks, which adds more importance to the changing seasons and ageing of characters". It is easy to gloss over, and I didn't see it either. It is important that they do admit that they are attempting to age the characters with time though, and my overall point of that paragraph is that it must be time consuming to test a feature like that, especially since that will tie in to how your offspring(s) may inherit your lands, and anything else that may be impacted by the character's aging.
  3. Speculating Delay, Lengthy Read

I can't believe this flew right over my head, but TaleWorlds is located in Ankara, Turkey. For those that don't know, in 2016 there was a failure of a coup d'état attempt that swept across all of Turkey, and a severe crack down by government officials quickly afterwards. One of the main places...
Back
Top Bottom