Search results for query: *

1. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

harpred said:
    Hi, after capturing a city i notice several of the enemy Lord's ladies stand around in the Lords Hall. I can choose to ransom them or send them home. If I choose to ransom them they never get ransomed, and if I choose to send them home they still stay in the lords hall. I assume this is a broken feature that might have been fixed by a previous patch but hasn't been updated in my old saved game. I'm concerned that if i have 4-5 of these ladies standing around, there wont be "room" for defected Lords or other useful NPCs to spawn in my court.. is this true?

any ideas?

In one case the faction I captured the town from has since been destroyed, the ladies are still there..
  2. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

JuJu70 said:
    harpred said:
    thx

how big of a shot to the foot is recruiting a lord with lower renoun ie: 400s? I read that its more difficult for AI lords to gain renoun since they only get it from winning tournaments, being marshall or holding fasts - not winning battles. will this significantly limit his army size?
    lords gain renown and lose it from winning and losing battles

thanks
  3. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

thx

how big of a shot to the foot is recruiting a lord with lower renoun ie: 400s? I read that its more difficult for AI lords to gain renoun since they only get it from winning tournaments, being marshall or holding fasts - not winning battles. will this significantly limit his army size?
  4. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

kalarhan said:
    harpred said:
    plus if they're honorable they probably won't defect

most lords that come knocking on your door are from destroyed factions, not defectors.

hmm not many destroyed factions in my game.. usually its "Lord x has been convicted of treason and stripped of his holdings blah blah" and they go into hiding in my kingdom .. happens about 10% of the time. Maybe its cause i have 60+ right to rule.
    i can see how most of these guys are gonna be less than honorable if they get mad at their King and defect because they lose relation from not getting fiefs constantly...

do you think the table from this thread from the forum for the Prophecy of Pendor submod of Caravenserai applies here?

azenky said:
    I felt like making a lord guide for people who wanted to know, I have used the cheatmenu a while ago to get familiar with some features, and figured out some stuff about lords. If you would like to enjoy the game and figure out for yourself, LEAVE THREAD IMMEDIATELY. I simply want to make a post that someone can refer to regarding the lord types. I will add more info or edit some if I need to.

- There are SEVEN different personalities for lords. For each game, the lords personalities are randomly assigned, and I believe that there is a weighing mechanism since some lords tend to be dishonorable while others tend to be honorable (especially a lot of lords who have household troops)

- The personalities divide into FOUR groups, honorable, martial, circumstantial, dishonorable

- General behaviors of these lords:

Category                                                          Honorable          Martial              Circumstantial          Dishonorable
    Types                                                                  Upstanding          Martial              Calculating              Debauched
                                                                                Goodnatured          -                    Pitiless                      Quarrelsome
    Relation increase with honor                                +                        none                none                        -
    Capturing and Releasing (Wartime)                    +1                        +5                  0                              -15                                   
    Capturing and Releasing (Peace)                        ?                          +2                  +2                            -15
        (Capture&Release has +2 initial relation boost and the said boosts when you talk to them later except 1 type of lords)
    Turncoat                                                              Very Unlikely        Unlikely          Somewhat Likely      Likely
    Awarding Fiefs                                                      Unconcerned      Little Concern  Concerned                Selfish

- Conversation: What do you think, in general terms, about kings, lords..?
    Upstanding: Kingship and lordship has been instituted to keep the peace...
    Goodnatured: Well, you should keep faith with your promises...
    Martial: My Sword is at the disposal of my rightful liege...
    Calculating: ...Circumstance is all.
    Pitiless: Men will always try to cheat others of their rightful due, so each must stay vigilant of his own rights.
    Debauched: My philosophy is simple: it is better to be wolf than the lamb...
    Quarrelsome: They're all a bunch of bastards...

It's not much for now, but if you keep me posted, I will keep editing this whenever I check this. The relationship boost informations are from the 3.411 patch. Also, if I am being redundant, please PM me or comment.

I also am trying to learn how to make a chart, so I can make the crappy info nice and organized. PM me if you know and are willing to explain.

Thanks for all the feedback.
  5. Gentile / Pagan

Pode said:
    I'm curious now what language you're Google translating from to get Gentile instead of pagan.

me too

"sylle" appears to be Danish slang for shrooms as per Google. "antager" is a Danish word meaning "assume" (which doesn't make sense since he clearly meant "another".. maybe he thought it was a 'false friend' that means "assume" in English). Either way the Danish word for pagan directly translates to "hedenske", there aren't even any alternative definitions for hedenske (some languages have pagan mean 'gentile', but its usually the third or fourth definition down the list).
    the plot thickens  :razz:
  6. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

yeah but shouldn't i have some general idea based on gossip? i can ask Wandering Skalds about ladies, but not actual Lords?

many other nobles I also don't have information about, im not sure what triggers this extra info anyway?? plus if they're honorable they probably won't defect if they're happy, and if they're happy its cause they have fiefs, meaning if they defect we will suddenly have fiefs in the middle of another factions territory, far away and detached from my kingdom, which is always bad news :razz:
  7. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Is there any way to research a lords personality?

i have like 5 lords sitting in my hall who defected.. I dont know who to recruit. Most don't have anything in their description under "notes" except religion, relation and renown. If you talk to them you have to immediately decide whether to recruit them or not, if you don't they get mad and leave. Am i missing something here? i want to get honorable types etc without recruiting blindly...
  8. "build mantlets" is useless i think

hmm.. i'll try it some other time i guess, maybe it was just random.
  9. "build mantlets" is useless i think

i tested it all it does is add these wooden structures to the siege map that are supposed to block arrows but there's only like 2 of them and they won't make much difference (ie they're in the wrong position) meanwhile you are gonna auto-lose like 20 of your elite troops building them, plus...
  10. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

also, what exactly causes your vassals to ignore you as marshal and not join up? i want to say its relationship, but it seems like only ones that are nearby join you (relationship doesnt seem to matter), while those further away don't bother
  11. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Hi, after capturing a city i notice several of the enemy Lord's ladies stand around in the Lords Hall. I can choose to ransom them or send them home. If I choose to ransom them they never get ransomed, and if I choose to send them home they still stay in the lords hall. I assume this is a broken feature that might have been fixed by a previous patch but hasn't been updated in my old saved game. I'm concerned that if i have 4-5 of these ladies standing around, there wont be "room" for defected Lords or other useful NPCs to spawn in my court.. is this true?
  12. Gentile / Pagan

sylle said:
    Hello! I Met this Girl.. And We've Got good relation and we are Ready to marry. But her father is from antager religion. Hes gentile like you are in the start, i converted to christianity cuz almost every lord is Christian and i Got alot of problems with the cjristians that time...
    My question is: can i converted back to gentile or shall i just move on?

Ps: sorry for bad spelling

LOL.. seeing as "gentile" simply means "not jewish" (ie both christians and pagans) i dont know if thats some strange google translate error or what

to answer your question, you can go to a pagan priest (found in the Lords Hall of pagan factions), or to special locations like Odin's Hof in Norway, and convert to Paganism. Then you can marry. After this you can even convert back to Christianity, I believe. Just be aware that whenever you convert to a religion your relation with your previous religion gets reset back to 0.
  13. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

works :grin: had to wait a week or so like you said. he appeared in the castle next to the village i gave him . thanks!
  14. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

kalarhan said:
    harpred said:
    recruit defected lords now they dissapear

wait a few days/weeks, they need to spawn at their new center (fief) to start recruiting troops. You will see candidates at your court, not random vassals.

if that fails visit support subforum and include all info (and savegame)

okay thanks i'll try that .. just seems inconsistent because with the other 2 lords, when I recruited them at Doretsad, they stayed there, and when i asked them to follow me they came out as a 1 person party . i could give them troops and they could capture prisoners but they wouldnt recruit until they got a fief.
  15. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

hi reposted this from my topic.. when i try to recruit defected lords now they dissapear

i already recruited 2 defected lords this way. Now I have 2 more standing around in my Lords Hall. If talk to either of them and recruit them, as soon as I exit out of the Lord's hall they disappear from it and aren't on the world map either. He appears as a vassal of my faction in "notes", but when I talk to other nobles and ask where they are, they respond with "I do not know where <name> is." I tried asking them to "follow me" immediately after recruiting them, or giving them a fief right away, no difference, they still disappear as soon as I leave the hall. Anyone know whats up?
    Modify message
  16. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

JuJu70 said:
    harpred said:
    JuJu70 said:
    harpred said:
    thanks

if i convert from christian to pagan in order to marry a lady, and then back to Christianity, will there be any repercussions? will she eventually convert as well?

don't remember what the consequences are but mostly they reset your relations with religions and increase your controversy. You have 2 "free" conversions, after that you mostly gain controversy.

if you convert to Paganism, Christian lords will start losing relations with you

thanks

any idea how to meet with a lady without talking to her father? (most of the lords tell me "One day we may be at war, and i prefer not to have to kill my in-laws, if at all possible." etc ) .. i dont get the option to visit her even if she's reported to be in the city or castle, and they never appear as NPCs in the lords hall...

you need to meet her at the feast and proclaim yourself her admirer. But if you're in different factions you won't be able to get permission from her father, either he has to switch to yours or you to his, or you need to elope.

okay. yeah some lords tell me "i dont like you enough", some say its cause im in a different faction. i assumed the previous ones would be okay with it, just hard to get enough quest to raise them from negative relation. One finally told me that my religion is wrong.. after i got him to +26 so i assumed he was okay with me being in a different faction.
  17. Defected lords disapear when I recruit them from my Lord's Hall

lol should i repost it there? cause it wont let me delete topics
  18. Defected lords disapear when I recruit them from my Lord's Hall

i dont know what the problem is.. i already recruited 2 defected lords this way. Now I have 2 more standing around in my Lords Hall. If talk to either of them and recruit them, as soon as I exit out of the Lord's hall they disappear from it and aren't on the world map either. He appears as a...
  19. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Pode said:
    Does the special trait for improved speed affect attack speed too or just running speed?

you mean athletics? thats running speed only. your attack speed is based on weapon mastery for that particular weapon, on the right side of the skill screen (ie: one hand, two hand, polearm)

CHenric said:
    How and when do I get the ability to ambush someone?
    Travelled to the Northlands and killed some renegades, they seem to ambush me every two fights, why???

i think its based on your party's Tactics level
Back
Top Bottom