Search results for query: *

1. GhostsInTheSnow

Bug Reports - 0.95pre10

I always get a CTD around when I kill the first bandit guy.  I have force single threading and load textures on demand, I've tried a full re-install, and I've tried setting all graphic options to the lowest, including directx to 7.  I'm on version 1.131.  Native and multiplayer works fine, it's only this mod.  The CTD just says that Mount & Blade has encountered an error and needs to close.  Any ideas?
  2. GhostsInTheSnow

Sieges - Killing them with boredom?

Veraxus5 said:
    I usually don’t have shield troops with me, so whenever I try to conduct a siege about 90% of my army gets cut down unless I have them rush the wall and hide beneath it like cowards.

As soon as I saw this, I laughed and disregarded this as a serious post.  I mean really, that's the whole weakness of unshielded troops.  They are pincushions for archers if they aren't protected by shield troops.  So having an army consisting entirely of unshielded troops is, well, stupid.  Go get a real army before complaining.
  3. GhostsInTheSnow

How playable is this mod right now?

Sidus Preclarum said:
    decoy26517 said:
    Psymon1 said:
    Wow really? ^ to the above ^

Not too constructive. I mean I agree that it is not a place to learn history and I see the mod as having better approximations of history than the weird map the native had, but just a blanket statement of no fun without qualifiers? Kinda unfair assessment.

Actually I think I DID state why I thought the mod was unplayable. It's the mod imbalance. I enjoyed the first release way back. It had alot of bugs; namely the fact that factions wouldn't declare war on one another, but it was playable. I only recently installed Pre9. Loaded it up, finished the tutorial mission and then lost my first battle to looters/bandits/whatever from a single stray arrow. I didn't even have a chance to hit back. Sorry, but no. I uninstall the mod immediately after that and wont come back until the armor is correctly dealt with.
    So there, I gave you more details as to the game imbalance.

Wait wait... "sometimes not being able to rambo bandit parties from the start" = "unplayable" ?

DUH!  Rambo is REAL, I should be able to do the things he does!  This game is ridiculous, since you know, getting hit in the face with an arrow is but a flesh wound!  Any real man should know that getting hit with an arrow is nothing.

But seriously, Decoy, don't whine about the mod because you suck.  Really.  You shouldn't be running around trying to solo bandits at the very start of the game, especially if you get hit with stray arrows from people who don't even fire arrows.

EDIT: Sorry, this mod is VERY playable and enjoyable and whatever else you expect from a game.
  4. GhostsInTheSnow

*me sad* still to weak pc

Arszi said:
    there is nothing we can do against the stutter, except buying a better pc.
    With a Core 2 Duo still stutters... It's the limit of the engine.

Yup.
  5. GhostsInTheSnow

Finding Compaions

polydamas said:
    I think the problem is that there are a hundred cities and only a few companions.

WE NED MOAR COMPANINZ!!1

If that is at all possible.
  6. GhostsInTheSnow

lagging

phoen!x said:
    hi,

I just installed the mod. And for me it is unplayble. The campaign map is shaking and lagging all the time...
    is this normal ?

A slight lag is always there for anybody but, it doen't really make the game unplayable.  Is your map like REALLY lagging or is it just a slight, 1 second stutter before getting information such as "Bla bla castle has been taken by the Bla Bla"?
  7. GhostsInTheSnow

Whered the fun go.

I've never had a problem with having a problem with having fun whilst playing this fun mod.
  8. GhostsInTheSnow

Companion Issues

Scotterius said:
    Finally, you can turn off companion complaints by camping, taking and action, then selecting "Turn Companion Complaints Off".  Some people call it cheating, I call it sweet peace.

Word.
  9. GhostsInTheSnow

Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

LordRichRich said:
    And there was no need to be mean ghostsinsnow. I just didn't understand. Unless you think it's a good way of learning. So in your world we go to school ask a question on something you find difficult and just because you don't get it still, because it wasn't properly explaied you get shouted at and scorned. Sounds fun... Not...

Wasn't really trying to be particularly mean, but if that's what came across, oh well.  The world is a mean, mean place, my friend.
  10. GhostsInTheSnow

crash to deskyop, then all stats reset! >.<

Now that is weird...I've had CTD's before, but never this.  Sorry, I have no idea.
  11. GhostsInTheSnow

Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

Psymon1 said:
    then some map issues:
    Major land tears in certain areas around Germany especially, but noticed other areas.
    While I get the road feature in europe - it is also very annoying to click on a town then have the game send your character off to the far end of a road to then be put on the road to then get back to the town you just clicked on making the trip 2-3x longer. This is especially frustrating in France.

These are not bugs, I repeat, not bugs.
    GhostsInTheSnow said:
    LordRichRich said:
    Klindhh said:
    LordRichRich said:
    nickdean10 said:
    LordRichRich said:
    Just between Frankfurt and stuggart there is a patch of sky where ground should be. A little to the NE and there is another patch of sky. Sorry for no screenie
    Those are placeholders.
    Uhm, I thought place holders were the un named settlements? Even so there shouldn't be sky where ground should be... That's just silly

They are used by the people working on the map to tell them where they are/what they need to do.
    A patch ofsky tells you where you are as opposed to settlements on the map?
    A patch of sky tells you what to do?
    *head hurts* can someone explain it in layman terms please? :sad:

Holy crap, it's not that hard.  The guy making the map is using those sky pieces as HIS OWN ways of remembering what he has to do and where.  There is no need for YOU to understand it.  It's not going to be part of the final map, they will dissappear once the map is finished.  It's not a bug, no more mentioning it.

Those are the tears in the map.

And the reason for the utterly retarded path finding is because the map is still a WIP and the maker has not gone around to fixing that yet. (This is what I have gathered from other complaints about the path finding, correct me if I'm wrong.)
  12. GhostsInTheSnow

Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

LordRichRich said:
    Klindhh said:
    LordRichRich said:
    nickdean10 said:
    LordRichRich said:
    Just between Frankfurt and stuggart there is a patch of sky where ground should be. A little to the NE and there is another patch of sky. Sorry for no screenie
    Those are placeholders.
    Uhm, I thought place holders were the un named settlements? Even so there shouldn't be sky where ground should be... That's just silly

They are used by the people working on the map to tell them where they are/what they need to do.
    A patch ofsky tells you where you are as opposed to settlements on the map?
    A patch of sky tells you what to do?
    *head hurts* can someone explain it in layman terms please? :sad:

Holy crap, it's not that hard.  The guy making the map is using those sky pieces as HIS OWN ways of remembering what he has to do and where.  There is no need for YOU to understand it.  It's not going to be part of the final map, they will dissappear once the map is finished.  It's not a bug, no more mentioning it.
  13. GhostsInTheSnow

How is progress on Pre9 coming?

Kinsume said:
    It's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

Hehehe
  14. GhostsInTheSnow

Bug Reports - 0.95pre8

nickdean10 said:
    Im getting an error across my screen saying
    "At Script: game_event_simulate_battle.
    SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 1662: INVALID PARTY ID"
    There was tons more, but that was the only two lines I could make out. It stopped shortly after it began. The 2nd line is not quite finished.

I get the same thing, it fills up the bottom right corner and keeps repeating.  Except for me, if I don't save & exit, then it crashes on me.  And it happens regularly like 10-20 minutes into playing, it starts.
  15. GhostsInTheSnow

Fighting

Yer, it's way easy, just kiting around with a crossbow.  Once all the horses are dead, theres no way you can lose.  Well unless your's is dead too...
  16. GhostsInTheSnow

Such a shame :(

Danger Moose said:
    GhostsInTheSnow said:
    Danger Moose said:
    Actually I've never had any issues at all with vanilla MB. It's one of the best-running, most satisfyingly stable games on my machine.

As you may, or may not have noticed, this isn't vanilla...That being said, and as someone already said, this isn't the final release of the game, it's still in testing so you should expect crashes and bugs.

Yes, I said that in response to the guy who said my machine would struggle with Vanilla MB. I was letting him know that my machine runs it just fine.

Ma bad...but the second statement in my post still goes.
  17. GhostsInTheSnow

Fighting

Sidus Preclarum said:
    GhostsInTheSnow said:
    Sidus Preclarum said:
    Kinsume said:
    Karratturma said:
    Well, the fact is that horses are dieing too fast. Incrasing armor is bad idea, because then peasant won't be able to dismount a knight and now they are, which is good, so hp increase is the only solution in my opinion.

A peasant can swing his club at an armored warhorse .

Or he can hamstring it with a sickle.

Mmmmmmm true, but seeing as the game can't distinguish armored from unarmored parts on horses (correct me if I'm wrong), we gotta go with one or the other.  :razz:

Actually, we gotta go with a mean of both.

Heh, that works.

othr said:
    And therein lies the problem, the headshot problem.  You hit the horse in the head area and you will do 100 damage you hit it anywhere else and you do 20 damage.

Headshot damage bonus cannot be changed, it's hardcoded somewhere as far as I know.

So then I guess we'll just have to be more careful about our poor horse's head.
  18. GhostsInTheSnow

Fighting

Sidus Preclarum said:
    Kinsume said:
    Karratturma said:
    Well, the fact is that horses are dieing too fast. Incrasing armor is bad idea, because then peasant won't be able to dismount a knight and now they are, which is good, so hp increase is the only solution in my opinion.

A peasant can swing his club at an armored warhorse .

Or he can hamstring it with a sickle.

Mmmmmmm true, but seeing as the game can't distinguish armored from unarmored parts on horses (correct me if I'm wrong), we gotta go with one or the other.  :razz:
  19. GhostsInTheSnow

Fix to game crashes while saving !!!

I run vista (I stil don't know why) and I had some troube too.  At one point, the game wouldn't even start.  But after lowering the textures way down, to 50, and checking the "force single threading" from the start up menu, the game works fine, no crashes.  Only problem now is that I have ugly textures  :razz:
  20. GhostsInTheSnow

How is progress on Pre9 coming?

possum said:
    it would be great if we could get some kind of a low-res map.

the current map is that big that i get lag on it. it stutters every few seconds.

I don't think the stuttering is from the actual map itself.  I believe it comes from the game simply just having so much to process (as in all the relations between countries and whatnot).
Back
Top Bottom