1. Gamanek

Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

I'll report the solution as it was given to me in another thread:

Swyter said:
    Hi there!

What I did for automating the Steam Workshop updates of TLD is this:
    Code:
    https://github.com/tldmod/tldmod/blob/master/.travis.workshop.sh#L111

Basically you can bypass the buggy TaleWorlds uploader altogether by using the official command-line version of the Steam client:
    Code:
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

--

There's a slightly under-documented parameter called
    Code:
    workshop_build_item
    that, if paired with a correct .VDF configuration file, can create/upload/upgrade any Workshop item no matter the game.

You can see an example VDF file in the official Steamworks documentation site:
    Code:
    https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/workshop/implementation#SteamCmd

You basically need the correct Steam AppID of the game (for Warband is
    Code:
    , you can find them in the URLs of the Workshop and Store pages:
    Code:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/workshop/
    ) and a
    Code:
    publishedfileid
    you own (the one for The Last Days is
    Code:
    ; again you can find it from the URL where people subscribe:
    Code:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=299974223
    ). If you don't include it will create a brand new entry. The preview image, base mod folder, hidden state and other parameters are optional and essentially identical to the counterparts provided by TaleWorlds, it all ends in the same place, so this way is less buggy and more interesting.

Right now our deployments are completely automated by a bot account, all under demand.

--

TL;DR: Create a text file with the Workshop item configuration, save it as
    Code:
    my_mod_conf.vdf
    and run the SteamCMD client with the correct parameters, something like this:
    Code:
    steamcmd +login myLoginName myPassword +workshop_build_item my_mod_conf.vdf +quit
    Code:
    workshopitem
    {
                 "appid"  "48700"
       "publishedfileid"  "299974223"
         "contentfolder"  "C:\Warband\Modules\MyCoolMod\"
            "changenote"  "This appears in the changelog, but you can edit it later from the Web page."

# swy: you can add more configuration keys here :)
    }

Hope that helps!

SPOILER: it helped :mrgreen:
  2. Gamanek

Can't upload MODS to Steam Workshop

Swyter said:
    Hope that helps!

Thank you a WHOLE lot! It worked, I couldn't get this .vdf file to work, but with both your example and the documentation example, I got it working :grin:

Thank you!
  3. Gamanek

Khamukkamu said:
    Oh I see. My suggestion would be to PM Swyter. He is the one who configured the Steam workshop uploader for our mod, and I believe he has created an improved version of it. If he is not too busy, perhaps he can help :smile:

Done :smile: thank you!
  4. Gamanek

Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Same problem as above, any solution? That russian website is not an option, since even trying to translate it gets me nowhere near a M&B download...
  5. Gamanek

Khamukkamu said:
    Have you checked this thread to see if there was an answer to your question?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,307509.0.html

Yes, thanks :smile: I had already checked it out on August, but the last messages just mention this same problem (the very same problem) and someone else suggested something about a new uploader by rusmnb.ru which I tried to use (translating it) but had no luck. What should I do?
  6. Gamanek

Anyone? Any suggestion?
  7. Gamanek

Hello there, as the title says, I can't upload ANY mod to Steam Workshop. It only creates a blank file, with "Mount&Blade Warband" title (even if I didn't choose that title) 0.00mb, hidden, without description or tags or whatever. Screenshot of the error: As you can see I've also received...
  8. Gamanek

SP Native [WB] The Stone Wall Project 0.2

Just leaving this here to finish this unfinished business, a little recap:

- Yes, we were working on it for a while. However, to be honest, we were only 2 on the programming part and it was quite the undeserving work. It was a very conspicous project and I had not (and I still have not) the fully understanding of modding nor programming. I must admit I'm very hostile towards programming, as I am more into developing ideas and developing the graphics (which were all done)

- No, the mod WASN'T working, that's why it was pulled down. Even though you could romance girls, you couldn't romance men as men. It required a rescripting, which, as I stated above, I was not entirely able to do, and the other girl who was working with me eventually lost interest in the project. Bummers, but so it is.

- No, the mod WON'T be finished, atleast not in my current situation. You can easily make the changes made to our files in like... 5 steps. It relies entirely on the removing check options, which were did in this -> http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6061/?  (please look forward to this if you just want gender checks removed and not any other changes)

- Yes, I, for myself - since I was essentially the last one working on it - pulled it away both from the workshop and online because I felt the "hard work" (which mainly consisted in studying the modding tools and the code inside the files) was being wasted because the mod wasn't working properly.

EDIT AFTER 1 YEAR: I continued the work on http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133687340 to be able to reach a playable point.

We (I) love you, we (I) love Shik and I'm sorry for anyone who got upset about it. It's just the way things go, sometimes.
    It surely wasn't helping having to delete hate comments and spam on the workshop, or answering stupid questions to the terrible homophobe part of this community. I get annoyed fast by this kind of behaviour.

Amen! (and thank you for your support, anyway)
    P.P.S. I would thank Pierre Feulle Shogun for the graphical work he had already done and was never implemented, it was his first work and did a splendid job in my opinion!
  9. Gamanek

MsgNinja said:
    Not in steam anymore. Did you get it up on Moddb?

Pulled back from public until ready.
  10. Gamanek

Just thought it was a good name. The mod is about inserting in a medieval game same-sex relationships. If you ask me, it sounds edgy to pursue such a public romance in such times. But however, it's not like I'm mad jealous of the name.

But it's not top notch priority, we'll eventually change it after things will be fixed. Consider it a codename in the meantime. :eek:
  11. Gamanek

CutContent said:
    Well..... Atleast this is something new and unique

Thank you, didn't think it was so revolutionary, honestly  :shock: when we hit a 10k subscribers on Steam i was like "holy shot. Holy. Shot. Looks like we got ourselves in an unexpected focus", but well, thanks!  :mrgreen:
  12. Gamanek

It's cool Antonis. But I think we're stretching it a bit. We'll eventually see, but we would then need to slice the population in half, considering the promiscous noblesse and the brothels around the towns (especially Swadian :fruity: ) and we want our mod to be disease-free: death only by honour! (or murder... or robbing. Well,those are a lot of ways to die anyway)

P.S. if you can please stop with the unnecessary spam in the thread about censorship, it would be tot cool. It's a mod thread, not an off-topic discussion. I know we all love to fight for our liberty of speech, but I included that "maybe i'm an unfunny person" in the request, signaling that maybe I'm just overjudging it. Now, if you can please respect this thread and make it drama-free, it would be totally polite. Otherwise, I check in a couple of times in a month, so it will be cool anyway.
  13. Gamanek

Just a notice: this mod is actually in development and isn't even close to "that's this and just this". We are working on it - although right now there is a little slowdown because of holidays and less free time we want to invest in the mod - and we're pretty much shaping the basis. When the basis will be done, we'll think about the rest too. Though, we don't want the mod to dramatically change the game, just adjust a missing feature and spice things up a bit.

If a moderator can remove the 2 comments above this one, it would be good. They seem a little too hateful to me, but maybe I'm an unfunny person.
  14. Gamanek

Bump. Still no solutions, even though I've searched literally ANYTHING. Why there isn't a tutorial for setting up a new personality? It's not an easy task.
  15. Gamanek

I'm hitting a dead end here. I've managed to allow relationship between 2 males and 2 females, but I've got a lot of problems when asking to "cement a lasting alliance". Right now the code looks like this, concerning this fact:

Code:
         [anyone,"lord_talk_ask_marriage_1", [
        (assign, "$marriage_candidate", -1),
    	(try_begin),
    		(try_for_range, ":lady", kingdom_ladies_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
    			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_spouse, -1),
    			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_betrothed, -1),
    			(call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", ":lady"),

(eq, reg0, "$g_talk_troop"),

(call_script, "script_troop_get_family_relation_to_troop", ":lady", "$g_talk_troop"),
    			(assign, "$marriage_candidate", ":lady"),
    			(str_store_troop_name, s14, "$marriage_candidate"),

(str_store_string, s15, "str_it_is_our_custom_to_seal_any_such_alliances_with_marriage_and_in_fact_we_have_been_looking_for_a_suitable_groom_for_my_s11_s14"),
            (else_try),
        (troop_get_type, ":is_female", "trp_player"),
    		(eq, ":is_female", 0),
    		(try_for_range, ":lady", kingdom_ladies_begin, kingdom_ladies_end),
    			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_spouse, -1),
    			(troop_slot_eq, ":lady", slot_troop_betrothed, -1),
    			(call_script, "script_get_kingdom_lady_social_determinants", ":lady"),

(eq, reg0, "$g_talk_troop"),

(call_script, "script_troop_get_family_relation_to_troop", ":lady", "$g_talk_troop"),
    			(assign, "$marriage_candidate", ":lady"),
    			(str_store_troop_name, s14, "$marriage_candidate"),

(str_store_string, s15, "str_it_is_our_custom_to_seal_any_such_alliances_with_marriage_and_in_fact_we_have_been_looking_for_a_suitable_groom_for_my_s11_s14"),
    		(try_end),
    	(try_end),
    	(eq, "$marriage_candidate", -1),
      ],
       "It is our custom to seal any such alliances with marriage. Unfortunately, no one in my household is eligible to wed.",
       "lord_pretalk",[
       ]],

Apart from the double try, which is there because I want to make both ladies and lords appear on the list, what's the real problem is that I can get to ask as a female the kingdom ladies list, but it always gives me back the "unfortunately,there is no eligible wed"... can someone stretch out an hand? I'm terribly confused, mostly 'cause I don't get how to change a script behaviour: how to create a check for personality in this case?

I can't find anything concerning personalities check.
  16. Gamanek

SP Tutorial Module System Complete Guide to Adding Factions

jacobhinds said:
    It's assigned automatically, but you can do it manually by setting the slot slot_lord_reputation_type in script_game_start. The different personality types you can use are shown in module_constants.py, named lrep_debauched and lrep_goodnatured etc.

Yeah, I already noticed the script in game_start which assigns personalities... and I've added some personalities in the module_constants, however, I've simply enlisted the personalities and gave them an index number (as default personalities stop at 11 and then continue from 21 for the ladies) and added them to the random assigner in game_start. But I think I don't get how you assign a specific personality to, per say, a specific lord (for example I'd like Harlaus to be Debauched/Martial/whatever) and the only thing I thought is to create a new troop name for that specific Lord, and then use the same script but with ":nameofthetroophere" instead of ":party_leader", would this be enough to assign it fixed?
  17. Gamanek

SP Tutorial Module System Complete Guide to Adding Factions

Question: the personality for the various lords/kings/ladies, how is set? How you choose to give a specific lord/king a specific behaviour? For example Martial or Debauched
  18. Gamanek

TweakMB (With Fire & Sword support!) [v5.09; updated 12.29.13]

An update for the last version of Warband (vanilla) would be awesome! I'd love to use this for a couple of reason.
  19. Gamanek

Ghostblade4802 said:
    I don't believe you can do that in Diplomacy, or at least, I can't find any way to do it. :/

I see... have you tested it enough to be sure about this? I'd like to know if I can make a quick fix to it, before working on the main project (it would be surely cool to integrate Diplomacy into this mod) and having found the code for a same-sex marriage, it looks like it was planned?
  20. Gamanek

Actually, I've encountered a curious thing.

Since I'm under exams, I've got little time to play Mount&Blade and for what I can, I'm bugtesting my own version.
    Does Diplomacy 4.2/4.3 allow for same-sex relationships? 'cause I've found these:

Code:
    (try_begin),
           (eq, ":bride_is_woman", 0),
           (neq, ":groom_is_woman", 0),#Don't bother reversing if both are male
           (assign, reg0, "$g_wedding_bride_troop"),
           (assign, "$g_wedding_bride_troop", "$g_wedding_groom_troop"),
           (assign, "$g_wedding_groom_troop", reg0),
    	 (else_try),
    	   #If it's a same-sex wedding, put the player in the role of the groom.
    	   (eq, ":bride_is_woman", ":groom_is_woman"),
    	   (eq, "$g_wedding_bride_troop", "trp_player"),
    	   (assign, "$g_wedding_bride_troop", "$g_wedding_groom_troop"),
    	   (assign, "$g_wedding_groom_troop", "trp_player"),
         (try_end),

And since I've not played Diplomacy, I don't know if it's a special handler, a common thing or what. If you can shine a light on me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom