Search results for query: *

1. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Evvv said:
    First, you really need to stop assuming every single thing you see is a bug.

I wasn't assuming. That's why I asked the question.
  2. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

IconracI said:
    Sonterp said:
    VFKuLXZ.jpg

Jatu obliterated with 3 armies spawned. A week ago in-game K'Juda the Ravager was among those 3 armies and it listed them as "crushed". Someone killed him now they're gone.
    This info is not about how big forces Jatu have on the map now, but what they can sent in the future.
    So the unique spawns which have been destroyed by the AI will no longer spawn?
  3. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

MitchyMatt said:
    No one said they aren't influenced by certain things that have existed.

Barclay isn't influenced by any kind of Renaissance clothing.

You're making a completely separate argument for no reason.

Also last I checked vikings never really wore horns, but ya know.  :lol:
    MitchyMatt is at it again adding to his already illustrious reputation with the community.
  4. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

MitchyMatt said:
    Barclay has no reason to create or utilize that type of clothing.

Remember, just because it happened one way in our history does not mean Barclay has to go through the same process.
    I see.

On that same note, you should then remove all Ravenstern articles, as they're inspired from the Scots. All Empire articles, as they're inspired from Greece/Rome. All Fierdsvain articles, as they're derivative of the Vikings.

Also, I didn't know CKO = Barclay. Forgive me for my less than perfect review stupid suggestions.
  5. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Stylish clothing items for Arquebus based CKO troops:

90b9b0771a96ed12d61342f1b460c614.jpg

c04099e702c58cc26788a65944191f66.jpg

Jacob_de_Gheyn_-_Wapenhandelinge_4.jpg

4517.jpg

Something that really has that renaissance feel for when you're firing your arquebus. Also maybe there could be something like a predecessor to the arquebus in the form of a hand cannon, that could be an upgrade for a certain cultural group but also wildly inaccurate at long ranges.
    800px-06-357.png
  6. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

VFKuLXZ.jpg

Jatu obliterated with 3 armies spawned. A week ago in-game K'Juda the Ravager was among those 3 armies and it listed them as "crushed". Someone killed him now they're gone.
  7. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

IconracI said:
    So now, my friend, when you have everything clearly explained, I hope that you will see that there is no internal, hidden, "Prophesy of Pendor 3.9.4 player's archers punishing mechanics during siege defense". Your looses were clearly a result of your incompetency and lack of understanding of native Warband mechanics.

Hopefully you will learn something from my video and maybe use your archers better during the next game.

The final message: this is not "Prophesy of Pendor 3.9.4" bug. This is how native "Warband" AI was programmed. Knowing that I think we deserve a bit more then "4".
    I'll admit when I'm wrong. But I'll put you at 7.5 for that snarky statement.
  8. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

IconracI said:
    It looks like archers stand too close, formed a blob. Most of them block each other field of view -> most of them can't acquire potential targets -> only few fire.

Not in all siege layouts there is enough space in the courtyard to fit many ranged units, to space them evenly. Try to use "nearby soldiers" command and move bunch of them into less occupied area.
    The ones at the front aren't firing it's at random because most of the line continually walks around trying to reform. I'll try the nearby soldiers command and see if that works but I think this is a bug unique to this patch because I've not had it with any prior patch regardless of battle size.

Edit: Nope even when calling for nearby soldiers and placing them in perfectly even 5 man lines with a clear view to shoot the enemy they still won't fire. It's like they immediately run out of ammo but I know that's not the case because if I move them they'll fire a few shots then stand idle again.
  9. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Archers refusing to fire in a siege.

So the tactic is to put the infantry and cavalry on the stairs and pull the archers back to the courtyard by telling them to "Hold this position" or "Stand ground" but when they get into the courtyard they blob up, endlessly try to form a rank and refuse to fire. This is on Highpass Fortress but I've also had this problem in every single siege I've played (around 7).

yjoKl4n.jpg

rQH2k1G.jpg

Out of all the archers in this picture less than a dozen were firing. This cost me the siege. At the moment this is unplayable, and this issue still persists even when I turn down the battle size. If I'm doomed to lose every siege to either autoresolve or the AI bugging out I can't play.
  10. Mercanary army got little too big

I used TweakMB to change my unit cap to 8000 to fight Syla's 9000 army, and then turned on cheats and gave myself 9000 twilight knights. After I defeated him I disbanded the army. Really makes it feel cheap even though the very fact that he has 9000 is cheap as heck. Ruined my enthusiasm for playing the game from that point too. Remember that this is a "feature" not a bug.  :wink:
  11. Polling is ruining the fun

I know the new version is soon to be released but there's a particularly irking issue that has been plaguing games of late. People continually poll to change the map the moment they die, most times before anyone even unlocks a hero. When the games do get on, sometimes to round 30 or so when a...
  12. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Gorvex said:
    Yohan said:
    Hello and thanks for this great mod.

It seems at world gen there is a companion that doesn't spawn . Looking for Julia, I checked Vorador, she doesn't appear in the list with the others. I enabled cheats to teleport and manually check every tavern, thinking it might be a bug with the list itself, but it seems she's not in the world at all and never was. I'm more than 30 days in now, so they have moved several times already, but still no Julia.

In my previous start I was missing Ansen. Same problem, he just never appeared. I was only about 10 days in and restarted with a different build more adapted to Pendor.

Am I just unlucky or do others also have this problem ? Is there a way to "force" her to spawn ?

(pendor v3.9.2, warband 1.16:cool:
    That's a completely normal behaviour. Some companions may not spawn in for 2 weeks or so. Wait a bit longer and all companions will be in the game.
    I've also had the problem of Ansen dissapearing from Pendor. He left after a morale issue,  I found him in Cez, he rejoined my party. Going into the tavern later I found another Ansen who was not in my party. I sent him to use connections he never returned. Searched high and low. Every town. No rumours, couldn't pay to find him, or ransom him. Completely gone.
  13. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Vassals running from Dread Legion even though we outnumber them 3-1
  14. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

7aiZXpt.jpg

Enemy AI mercenary company being able to command 7000 men for an entire playthough.
  15. Can somebody give me a single way to survive this without overtly cheating?

MitchyMatt said:
    Sonterp said:
    MitchyMatt said:
    Sonterp said:
    Gorvex said:
    RIP, forget about defending that castle. Instead, take out all the elite or important units from there, conquer another town/castle or two while they are busy sieging it, and retake Whitestag castle once they are done. Continue this, and you'll win the war, despite their numbers. The key point is to take more fiefs than you lose in the long run. Ignore and simply move onto somewhere else when the situation is hopeless like above.

You also have a chance that you'll make that army break their siege and rush to you if you start attacking another fief of theirs. And if you manage to pull it off before they get there, then you are golden :mrgreen:

Nah. I've decided enough is enough. Used to love this mod, but going along with the terrible design decisions as of late *cough cough* MitchyMatt *cough cough*, the fact that the devs respond to criticism with insults, the fact that not a single person in the existence of reality could fight this, and the devs INSISTENCE that this game is balanced, when it is clearly not is beyond infuriating.

I shouldn't have to spend a playthrough filling out bug reports (which said devs never answer btw), tweaking the game to allow me to stand a chance, or outright being completely forced to cheat because of bs like this (actually the 2nd time this has happened, ironically). I never remembered the game being such a mess, as I had conquered Pendor twice before, but this is impossible, antifun, and quite honestly the exact opposite of everything I remembered that made this mod great.

The mod is balanced. You just got stuck with an overly large spawn, call that RNG.

Also we are a development team, not just my ideas go into the mod and besides, huge spawns are not new or native to v3.9x.

Sorry you are incapable of handling the large army. But I'm sure it is manageable at some point if you keep attacking it over time.

After all v3.9 is pretty balanced, but what you are complaining about is not from our version, but years of development versions.

If the mod makes you unhappy or annoyed, go download older versions which are available in some capacities. If you don't like it don't play it. We owe you no obligation to play a free product of thousands of hours of work over 10 years.

Thanks though!
    This is exactly what I mean by being unable to take criticism. Would you like me to upload my save file so you can have a go at it?

I would say you are being condescending, but I can tell from your reddit posts you get that a lot. Responding to all criticism with, "Don't like it, don't play it," is infantile. If I don't like it, I tell you why I don't like it, so that you could improve it. I can't be the only one this has happened to, and I assure you I wont be the last, as long as that attitude persists. I come from a school of thought that teaches, "If there is a problem, you fix it." That school of thought also doesn't call bugs features, and can take criticism, harsh or not, with thick skin. There is clearly a problem in where the ai is running around with 7k stacks of doom as a mercenary unit, not even a unique spawn. Nobody can defend against that. Nobody. If you'd like to try it, be my guest, I'd upload the save in a second. Things need to be tweaked, bugs need to be addressed. The whole sticking your head in the sand and telling people to play something else act is getting old. Pendor, in my opinion, was a great mod, and to many people still is, but I'm not the only one criticizing the problems, and they should be addressed, that is if you care about making the mod a good experience for others.

Thank you for your suggestions on how to make PoP 'better' in your opinion.

Best of luck in your save, hopefully you can get that doomstack destroyed.

Also, we listen to criticism, we just don't have to act on it. You guys aren't making the module, we are. Otherwise it be a mass of garbage if we listened to everyone's take on the mod.

Don't think you're an exception or entitled as you seem to be coming off as. Also if you keep derailing the thread since I already answered you once, It'll be locked.

Number one, you're the only who responded to me. I didn't ask for you to butt in. Number two, it's my thread, locking it for me derailing it is just a poor excuse for shutting down conversations you disagree with. Number three, everyone listens to criticism. Only wise people act on it. I realize everyone's criticism is not always founded, but if you can find a single person in this planet of 8 billion people who is willing to agree that 7,000 man stacks of doom are not a problem, I would recant my statement. I'm sure you'd lock it, as you are merely confirming my point that you cannot take criticism. Tell me, how would fixing this bug, and that's what it is, a bug, turn this mod into a mass of garbage? It wouldn't. What I'm doing is calling a spade a spade, and no matter how you paint it will remain a spade. Where would Earth be if everyone refused to own up to their issues and instead doubled down on them?
  16. Can somebody give me a single way to survive this without overtly cheating?

MitchyMatt said:
    Sonterp said:
    Gorvex said:
    RIP, forget about defending that castle. Instead, take out all the elite or important units from there, conquer another town/castle or two while they are busy sieging it, and retake Whitestag castle once they are done. Continue this, and you'll win the war, despite their numbers. The key point is to take more fiefs than you lose in the long run. Ignore and simply move onto somewhere else when the situation is hopeless like above.

You also have a chance that you'll make that army break their siege and rush to you if you start attacking another fief of theirs. And if you manage to pull it off before they get there, then you are golden :mrgreen:

Nah. I've decided enough is enough. Used to love this mod, but going along with the terrible design decisions as of late *cough cough* MitchyMatt *cough cough*, the fact that the devs respond to criticism with insults, the fact that not a single person in the existence of reality could fight this, and the devs INSISTENCE that this game is balanced, when it is clearly not is beyond infuriating.

I shouldn't have to spend a playthrough filling out bug reports (which said devs never answer btw), tweaking the game to allow me to stand a chance, or outright being completely forced to cheat because of bs like this (actually the 2nd time this has happened, ironically). I never remembered the game being such a mess, as I had conquered Pendor twice before, but this is impossible, antifun, and quite honestly the exact opposite of everything I remembered that made this mod great.

The mod is balanced. You just got stuck with an overly large spawn, call that RNG.

Also we are a development team, not just my ideas go into the mod and besides, huge spawns are not new or native to v3.9x.

Sorry you are incapable of handling the large army. But I'm sure it is manageable at some point if you keep attacking it over time.

After all v3.9 is pretty balanced, but what you are complaining about is not from our version, but years of development versions.

If the mod makes you unhappy or annoyed, go download older versions which are available in some capacities. If you don't like it don't play it. We owe you no obligation to play a free product of thousands of hours of work over 10 years.

Thanks though!
    This is exactly what I mean by being unable to take criticism. Would you like me to upload my save file so you can have a go at it?

I would say you are being condescending, but I can tell from your reddit posts you get that a lot. Responding to all criticism with, "Don't like it, don't play it," is infantile. If I don't like it, I tell you why I don't like it, so that you could improve it. I can't be the only one this has happened to, and I assure you I wont be the last, as long as that attitude persists. I come from a school of thought that teaches, "If there is a problem, you fix it." That school of thought also doesn't call bugs features, and can take criticism, harsh or not, with thick skin. There is clearly a problem in where the ai is running around with 7k stacks of doom as a mercenary unit, not even a unique spawn. Nobody can defend against that. Nobody. If you'd like to try it, be my guest, I'd upload the save in a second. Things need to be tweaked, bugs need to be addressed. The whole sticking your head in the sand and telling people to play something else act is getting old. Pendor, in my opinion, was a great mod, and to many people still is, but I'm not the only one criticizing the problems, and they should be addressed, that is if you care about making the mod a good experience for others.

17. Can somebody give me a single way to survive this without overtly cheating?

Gorvex said:

18. Can somebody give me a single way to survive this without overtly cheating?

I have 700 men, 400 are elite pendor armored archers and huscarls. In total they have over 10,000 men. I tried once to see how it'd play out and I only had two dozen troops on the field while they had over 100 due to their numbers. Not pictured: Whitestag castle has 3 ladders leading up, with...
  19. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

When besieging a city, in this case, Laria, which I'm sure extends to castles as well, when the enemy sallies forth I am unable to leave the scene, the defeated screen does not pop up, nor can I retreat because "the enemy is too close!".

This is a game breaking bug.

gHdDsgX.jpg
  20. [DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

MitchyMatt said:
    Sonterp said:
    sher said:
    It's not a criticism - you just want to justify YOUR way of playing like a proper way and deny anything else. You have vanilla. PoP has tons of changes to native lords and wars system - it's a different game with its own approach and subject change is in line with it. Not getting a ransom is dishonorable act since lords do their duty by participating in wars and corresponding activities (like raiding villages) - they're following nobles code and you're preventing it to have some advantages => honorable people disapprove. PoP lords are much more active in general and keeping them in dungeons is bad for intended gameplay - if you don't want to experience it then there is no sense in playing modified game. Intensive fighting/busy gameplay is one of the main advantages of this mod.

Maybe you should try it before complaining. While weekly full hosts can happen if hostile faction has nothing else to do but it's not the only possible outcome and player has means to prevent it if for some reason he has difficulties in defending his realm.
    I've read through your previous posts. You are incorrigibly a fanboy and there is nothing I can say to change your mind. I disagree with everything you said.

Enough. This isn't a place for you to ramble on about why your suggestion is the best.

This is for suggestions only and nothing more; not to go in depth and begin attacking people as you just did.
    You are telling me I'm attacking people when it's clear he will defend the mod no matter what. That is a flaw in his character and prevents progress, which only serves to depreciate the value of the mod. Most of his posts he's made are defending the mod, in this thread I might add, not actually suggesting anything, which apparently I happen to be guilty of yet only I get the warning. Also, thanks for calling my argument ramblings. That's not attacking me at all.

Can we get a sticky that teaches people to take criticism?
Back
Top Bottom