Search results for query: *

1. What troops for sieges and land owner?

@xenomion
    I found your post:
    Xenomion said:
    Raymond Agustin said:
    I really don't understand, can someone please explain it better?

An acre is, in the city, where people cultivate food. One acre can provide food for 200 inhabitants. If you buy this acre, you will automatically sell the food produced.

If you buy 5 acres, you'll produce food for 5x200=1000 inhabitants. If there is 1000 or more inhabitants in the city, it's perfect, because all your food will be sold and you will earn money. However, if there isnt' enough people to buy your food (in our example, let's say 600 people), you won't earn any money from the acre AND you will lose money for upkeep! (In our example, you'll earn money from 600/200=3 acres, and lose money from the others acres).

Therefore, before buying land, make this operation: Number of inhabitants/200. This will give you the maximal number of acres you can buy.

Plus, here is another info: Cities can not have less than 5.000 inhabitants, and more than 30.000. This means than buying more than 30.000/200=150 acres is useless, and that buying 5.000/200=25 acres is always sure, you won't lose money.

Understood?
    Xenomion said:
    The thing is, that I have 3 acres in Praven, yet it's negative. Why is that? Praven's prosperity is poor, balance is 795 and assets -609.

Btw it seems that a town has always exactly the same amount of acres it needs to feed it's people. So a city will always have 5k citizens. What if I have 50 acres(supports 10k) in a city and all of the sudden population drops to 8k. Then I have to notice this thing and sell the land I don't need, right?

And thank you for your answer regarding sieges!
  2. What troops for sieges and land owner?

Hi I'm having difficulties capturing a castle. I'm using Nord Vigamadrs, because in native I was used to Nord Huscarls so I thought they're the best for sieges. But it seems everytime I'm trying to get a castle they get killed at the ladder, not even reaching the inside of the castle. If they...
  3. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

98cassandra said:
    @ makidonski
    There's no way I know of to locate the Swadian lords. It's possible that nearly all of them have already been defeated, and there are only one or two still roaming the map.
    If you want, you could enable cheats and hit control+T on the map to see all parties.
    So I'm the last vassal of Swadians running in Calradia. What happens if I'm able to capture a castle, will the other lords start spawning there? Because I don't think any lord has joined any other faction yet. Also it doesn't say in the "Factions" that Kingdom of Swadia would've been destroyed.
  4. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

I am a vassal of kingdom of Swadia and we lost all cities and castles. I can't seem to locate any lord, wife or anyone else from whom I could ask a location.
    My question is: How do I find some lord? Also Swadia declared war on Nords but there are no sieges, no raids and no messages about battles.
    Thanks
  5. Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

I am a vassal of kingdom of Swadia and we lost all cities and castles. I can't seem to locate any lord, wife or anyone else from whom I could ask a location.
    My question is: How do I find some lord? Also Swadia declared war on Nords but there are no sieges, no raids and no messages about battles.
    Thanks
  6. The new Subversion.

Q:
    Does power draw affect crossbows also? Ty
  7. The new Subversion.

Errors:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/835/mb4uy.jpg/
  8. The new Subversion.

Just a quick question.
    Sometimes those messages in the lower left corner disappear. How can I make them come back?
  9. Sieging a castle?

Lazyman said:
    Spam cavalry, use companions with big shields.
    Cavalry? Why? Because of armor and shields?
  10. Sieging a castle?

How does one siege a castle succesfully and with minimal losses? A castle with about 360 defenders. My partysize is 160. I'm playing with the rus and my army gets crashed when I'm trying to siege a Litus castle. They just throw their dam* javelins and almost everybody dies before even reaching...
  11. The new Subversion.

BUG:
    When some food is eaten a bit already (for example fish 120/150) if you put it in your "party's inventory" it will magically get full to 150/150.
  12. The new Subversion.

Cranky said:
    makidonski said:
    I have a real issue here.
    Novgorod Veliky doesn't want so start a war with anyone. I've played now 300 in-game days and only the first 25 maybe we war. What's happening? And I've looted Regnum Litus caravans, attacked they lords and everything, but no one wants a war with the Rus.
    How do I start a war??
    Lol, you are cursed, no one will fight you)) By the way Russians were self-involved in war 2-3 times during the whole history path,) So why do you want them to start war?)
    Because I'm not a travelling merchant.
  13. The new Subversion.

I have a real issue here.
    Novgorod Veliky doesn't want so start a war with anyone. I've played now 300 in-game days and only the first 25 maybe we war. What's happening? And I've looted Regnum Litus caravans, attacked they lords and everything, but no one wants a war with the Rus.
    How do I start a war??
  14. Questions.

New questions so didn´t want to start another thread.

1. When the AI decides to siege my castle, does he still only look on the army number, he doesn't care what kind of troops I have? Like if I have 500 smerds in my castle, he will **** his pants and run away?
    2. What kind of unit is the "manor army"? Can I move the manor army around or is it all the time just in the manor?
    3. Has the manor tax thing fixed already? Or should I get all taxes as goods and sell the manually?
    4. I´ve built the armor smith in my manor. When will he actually start selling the armor? Or does it only affect the nearest town to the village, in my case Veliky Novgorod? And is there a discount for me because it´s my manor? :grin:
    5. If a village gets looted, does it´s manor demolish or something? Will I lose my 26 upgrades?
    6. What kind of troop is gussamer? One with a big axe?
    7. Who the F is that shirtless "local village it" in my castle?
    8. Where do my taxes go if I want them in goods? To the warehouse master?

Thanks

Merry Christmas!!!
  15. Questions.

Thanks!
  16. Questions.

About the 11. Why should I build a walthy farm then relocate it instead of a castle? Which is better the castle or the re-locating?
    Thanks!
  17. The new Subversion.

About the 4. report. The truce actually lasts instead of 20 days 80 days. Can it be modified somewhere?
    Does this also affect if, one kingdom is provoked by another, the time it takes to react to the provocation?
    Thanks!

EDIT:

Question:
    I´m getting kinda paranoid. Do peasants steal money from treasury?
  18. General suggestions thread.

How about having 2 archers lines, instead of having 1 a loooong one?
    Just throwing that out.
  19. The new Subversion.

Possible bugs:
    1. When a feast is held, it last for maybe 3 days. In these 3 days you can attend to the tournament for maybe 5 or 6 times. You have to wait just for a couple of hours and then you can join the same tournament again.

2. When you go to your notes and navigate to characters section, the last person I can see is Lady C. After that no names.

3. When I´m given the quest to "hunt down troublesome bandits" and I attack them but some lord was near me and he accidently joined the battle after the battle it says: Quest failed.

EDIT:
    4. So Veliky Novgorod signed a truce with the Teutonic Order and it was supposed to last 20 days. But those 20 days seemed a bit long. So I started to observe it and make some notes. Here are the notes:
    - 4d of truce left in the reports section, the date was 29.07, dusk
    - 3d of truce left in the reports section, the date was 02.08, afternoon
    - 2d of truce left in the reports section, the date was 06.08, afternoon
    - 1d of truce left in the reports section, the date was 10.08, early morning
    - The truce ended 14.08, Dawn.
    I don't think it's supposed to be like this. Oh and also if I watched the Teutonic Orders reports the truce was always 1 day longer than if looking from the Veliky Novgorod reports.
  20. Questions.

EDIT: New questions 1. When the AI decides to siege my castle, does he still only look on the army number, he doesn't care what kind of troops I have? Like if I have 500 smerds in my castle, he will **** his pants and run away? 2. What kind of unit is the "manor army"? Can I move the manor army...
Back
Top Bottom