Search results for query: *

1. effemb

HOWTO MOD Mount&Blade! Module System Modding Tutorial!

Learn how to mod mount & blade with this simple and thorough tutorial! Links provided in the description. https://youtu.be/DijWR7EE0IA
  2. effemb

Howto MOD Mount&Blade! Quick masterclass to create & tweak mods your way!

Howto MOD Mount & Blade! Learn how to tweak, edit, and create your own mods! Super easy. 30-min masterclass style! #rpg #arpg #mountblade #mod #modding #pcgaming #gamersforge https://youtu.be/Qo7v3FLnsLw
  3. effemb

Updated! M&B Helper Script

Only took me 8 years, but I finally remade my old popular M&B helper script and a little tutorial of how to use it! Download for correct AHK version, the script, and some more info all included this time. https://youtu.be/hhObyTrfizU #ahk #script #modding #mountblade
  4. effemb

SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Is there an information thread for things about this mod?
    Like right now I am trying to find "Yoren", the night watch recruiter, to sell him a bunch of westerland scum prisoners.....
    I met him somewhere in a tavern but cant remember where.....
    does he travel or stay in the same spot?
    only ever saw him once....
    wiki maybe???
  5. effemb

Morgh's M&B WB/WFAS Editor v1.50

So morgh's no longer works for versions 1.17+ ????
    Getting errors when loading any item.

Is there any tool to edit items in 1.17+ ???
  6. effemb

[Source] [Bug?]

kalarhan said:
    welcome to the forum.

haha thanks - though I might have even been here longer than you as I was beta tester for the original M&B and been playing/modding it since 2008 :smile:
    even rebought them on steam as i lost my old account but i think this one i still had since about 2010.
    thanks for all your contributions to the mods and community though i always love coming back here! i cant name a single game community as good as this one. maybe oblivion/morrowind/skyrim mod community comes close but not quite.

kalarhan said:
    We have a Q&A thread on modding, that includes guides/faqs/links for reference material as well
    :arrow: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,347990.0.html

about your problem: you just need to fix your folder on the file module_info.py, currently it is trying to put your files there... but it does not exist on your computer =)

Code:
    export_dir = "../Viking Conquest Build/"

ps.: the Tweaks Tool is using the same version (2.023), so you can use either. My tool has the tweaks, its the only difference.

thank you sir!
    fixed it!
  7. effemb

[Help] [Modding] [VC]

Hi Kalarhan thanks for the help - can I ask what is WRECK, what does it do, why should I use it, and where can I get it?

Thanks.

8. effemb

[Source] [Bug?]

Hi - I downloaded the 2.023 source code and tried to compile it, but have gotten many errors in the compilation. Examples: Initializing... variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file Compiling all global variables... variables.txt not found. Creating new variables.txt file...
  9. effemb

[Help] [Modding] [VC]

its not a syntax error - i "fixed" it by removing all fac_kingdom_X calls in there.

which shouldnt be needed, because i should be able to add faction vendors to items.
    if i remove them, it works fine.

so my thoughts are:
    1) maybe having ALL factions added is redundant? if no faction is added, does the item already show up in all factions? so it might cause error because of that
    2) maybe having TOO MANY factions added causes it to crash?

I havent tested yet with how many factions I can add to an item, but will do that and see.

UPDATE: So i tested an item with only 4 fac_kingdom_X attributes - and it works fine.
    I also saw all the items in the shops, that didnt have any fac_kingdom_X on them at all - which implies that if you dont put any fac_kingdom_X calls on an item - they show up in ALL shops by default.
    So there is no need to add fac_kingdom_X to items unless you want to RESTRICT them to certain factions.

Anyway - now that this is fixed - just wanted to comment so that anyone else having same problem can find the solution.
  10. effemb

[Help] [Modding] [VC]

Hi forum - I came back after a few years to play VC now and of course I'm modding it. So i got the source for v2.023 from: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,348186.msg8336550.html#msg8336550 I have of course v2.023 installed from steam (duh) :) I am trying to add some items. The...
  11. effemb

Holy Mother of God, the best mod experience I have ever seen

Welcome to modding OP!

This mod indeed is a work of art.
    I bought M&B the original when it was in beta. I dont even know how many years ago that was. This game has - and always will be - installed on my gaming rigs.
    ...and of course, once you mod, you never unmod.
    What mods have been persistently part of my must-have collection for years and years?
    * Floris (native replacer)
    * 1237 AD (historical playthroughs)
    * Brytenwalda (much earlier era historical playthrough)
    * Perisno (best fantasy experience ever)
    * The Last Days (LoTR mod - but its very new)

I have literally tried every mod out there up until 2013. Last 2 years I havent checked them all, as there are too many now.
    But I still check out videos and such of every mod I can - even if I dont play it - and I still have yet to see anything in the fantasy world genre that competes with Perisno.

Well done guys!
    Thank you!
  12. effemb

Comments: 3.0 Released

Greetings - I have to make one big BIG complaint about this mod:
    Your music, is completely destroying, to the mood and atmosphere of playing not only M&B, but a japanese shogun mod.

Seriously, heavy metal music?
    I had to delete them all. absolutely horrible.
    i dont mind metal, but holy crap what a frikkin headache that completely rips me out of shogun japan.
    i had to take my headphones off to finish battles.

you have some good songs in there, good traditional japanese music, a few folk-type music....get more of those, or standard M&B and just use that.
    seriously I have not ever played a game with music that actually ruined the game.
    first time ive experienced that, where the music actually made me quit the game even though i was enjoying the rest.

at least they are easy to delete :smile:
  13. effemb

Incomplete map?

ah ok, so troop system is basically structured and not individually implemented for each faction?

do you have an explanation, spreadsheet, or guide on how troops develop?

i do see different troops from each faction though so am a bit confused how youre doing that.

ingame troop tree presentations would also be very good to have.

really, viewing the troop trees and figuring out which faction i want to play is the first thing i do when i start a game/mod.
    if i cant, or if the troops just outright suck, i dont play it.
    troop trees do indeed make or break the game.
    you can have huge diversity of battles, or same old boring cookie cutter battles - depending on how troops are built.
    native W&B didnt even make half the kind of troops that are possible, which drastically change the entire way of battle. throwing/skirmisher troops, pikewalls, hit-n-run cavalry, heavy armor throwing axe +shield "artillery". theres so much one can do with troops - and in a mod like this, there was a huge amount of variety in how nations fought in war so it would fit well.

anyway - at least troop tree images available?
  14. effemb

Incomplete map?

Awesome mod guys.
    I looked at as many Rome-themed mods I could find.

This one I find to be the most promising, as you've updated much of the game scripting, presentations, etc. and seem to be still pushing on developing it.
    Romae Bellum however has much more of the map implemented - but I dont consider that one complete enough to play.

Just posting to say good work, and I hope you complete the map. Romae Bellum is a good resource to look at which I'm sure you do already.
    Also hope that you keep fine tuning the troop trees, because that is the most important aspect of the game. They look good enough to enjoy playing as is - so this is the roman mod I am currently starting on.

Looking forward to more great stuff!
    Keep it up!
  15. effemb

After you install the main beta file, get this:
    http://www.offtopicbooks.com/gekokujo/gekokujo_3.0_beta_build_6.rar

BTW - your DL is broken.

Before you say no - just wait a sec.
    It downloads fine. I've downloaded it 3 times, and it completes without any issues.
    But when I open it, there is an EOF (end of file) error.
    2 files are corrupt - they are resource files (i think both are brf files).
    I tried copying it over to directory, but game crashes without those files.
    So i reverted back to just plain 3.0

I have tried opening it with WinRAR, and 7zip.
    Both detect the file as EOF error and corrupted archive.
  16. effemb

Awesome mod!

I have looked for a complete samurai / japan -theme mod for a long time.
    Sword of Damocles had elements of it but was much more fantasy themed.
    So many others failed or stopped development.
    Used to be a fun mod that was mostly multiplayer but thats pretty dead now too.

Are you modding this yourself?
    I would be willing to help with module system as far as items and troop trees go.
    If you still need help with that - I am downloading now and havent checked it out yet.

Keep up the great work! See this through to completion!
  17. effemb

SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

produno said:
    Thanks for the feedback, though the relations bug you mentioned is fixed in a patch on my forums. I shall be making an official patch by next week end.

Their is only one faction with one lord, and thats a faction in Essoss, cant remember which. All westerosi factions have (i think) between 6 and 12 lords, roughly. Though more will be added in time.

I have around 100 or so villages/castles/towns ready to go in, though they are disabled for now until most bugs are found and some other stuff has been sorted. I may add some more villages though for the next patch.

FULL OF WIN! :smile:
  18. effemb

some feedback on 0.5 alpha

* its still quite, err..."boring" because the map is so empty. needs LOTS more villages, fiefs, towns. nice landmarks though. you could check out the crusader kings II mod for GoT which has tons of towns names and so on which are all lore-bound or taken from the books. if you added even half the towns that it has in there, you'd have about 5x more towns on the map.
    * essos is basically empty. its a full day travel from town to town in some areas. its just....boring.
    * encountered either a bug or something really strange:
    -- i started game as "wildling"
    -- went to winterfell
    -- went to castle
    -- talked to "priest of the old gods", donated 1000 gold to him (increased rating with "the old gods" by 5 or 15 - cant remember & "changed relations with all factions" message also came up)
    -- talked to king robb, and the only option was "i want to talk to you about something" - and - "i want to make peace with the north".
    -- i thought it was strange to see making peace option, so i chose that. he demanded 100k+ gold, which i couldnt pay, so he said "well i cant pardon you then".
    -- i exited castle, exited winterfell, and immediately got popups for each faction declaring war on "the old gods"
    -- i went back to winterfell, but now the town was hostile to me ("try to sneak in" etc)
    -- all other factions were hostile to me. yet, i had just started the game and was not part of any faction. (technically, id be part of player_faction perhaps - but for some reason it called me "the old gods").

good work so far, keep it going.
    still isnt quite worth playing, its all too uninhabited and dead.
    not enough lords either, put in lots lots more lords.
    there's factions that start out with just 1 lord especially in essos. not good, not good. GoT is all about the huge amount of characters and personalities. youve got more than you could ever wish for to put into this mod.

i know its a work in progress, just feedback on things that i still see as the most outstanding issues to make it "playable".
  19. effemb

Two handed weapon ?

you can always use Morgh's tools to edit your items.
    if you get to endgame, its always fun to make a super set of weapons/armor for you and your companions.

after conquering half of the map i made myself a 1h axe, 2h axe, bow, throwing spear, shield, and mounted wolf set for all my companions.
    riding around on huge mounted wargs like vikings from hell swinging axes hrhrhrhrhr doesnt get better than this.
  20. effemb

monasteries

aspirine101 said:
    Monasteries will remain dead forever, sadly...

Btw, you better make a new save if you didn't reach far in the game because all the christian towns and villages (90% of the map) will have -56 with you (that is, if you raided every single existing monastery)
    And from personal experience, paying 500 for 3 relation points (you'll need 9500 exactly for positive relation) can hurt, esp if you're low on salary (that is on villages, and you WILL need them if you plan on conquering smth)

yea it makes me a bit upset and confused why there are 4 religions in this game - if only one of them really has religion implemented physically on the map.
    pagans were much bigger than that in this period. and with the viking invasions starting prior to 800AD and lasting for 300+ years, it was actually much easier to be a pagan in britannia (and definitely in hibernia) than a christian.

christians were the ones that got raided nonstop.
    thats why they depicted vikings with horned helmets, to make propoganda that they were soldiers of satan. (vikings never wore horned helmets, thats just stupid)
Back
Top Bottom