Search results for query: *

1. Bring me up to speed

I'll install it later, I like battle mode m'self.
  2. Bring me up to speed

cRPG? What's that?
  3. Bring me up to speed

Ah.

Maybe Siege warfare has advanced beyond the point of forming lines and duking it out? :razz:

In beta, I always picked up a good shield in exchange for the admittedly crappier, but free spear. Because of this, my main tactic on a siege entry way was to jump into them, stab, block and go back.

What kind of game modes are popular?
  4. Bring me up to speed

I haven't played Warband since the beta. Is it still alive and kicking? I can't buy the game yet, will have to wait another year or two.

Does picking up a shield and spear still work as an Infantryman in a siege/team game, or will I get my arse handed to me?
  5. Arizona man's friends plays prank on him by cutting his tree into shape of a...

Archonsod said:
    Good to see the fine old tradition of placing a huge cock on the landscape is alive and well.

Fine old tradition? Well I guess Al Gore is getting old..
  6. Do you forgive Hitler?

cdvader said:
    DameGreyWulf said:
    Actually, quite a few people objected.
    And what happened to them?

DameGreyWulf said:
    LOL Jews don't commit mass genocide? HAHA!
    Have the Jews killed millions of other humans? Have they sent people to gas chambers, then make soap out of their dead body fat. Did they dig a huge hole and bury thousands of persons there? Then they also must of have mutilated their victims, perform many horrible experiements on them, while they're alive. Not to mention other such horrors.

As for the intelligence part, well, if you really believe that, then you're beyond salvation.

It takes a lot to move a country to war, much less genocide.

That being said, if the Germans really hated the Jews that much to begin with..then I really ought to wonder why they continued to live there. xD

Hyperion said:
    Chechen! said:
    We humans, are genetically what we are, we have a lust for justice and peace and yet our ideals to reach this is diffrent.
    Profit and fun, actually.

If it wasn't for religion the world would not have been anything better then it is nowdays.
    Not exactly. We might be a bit more advanced if a certain Catholic church didn't go burning people that were proven to be thinking with their own minds. Nothing pisses greedy higher clergy more than people thinking. Means less cash for them.

Actually, besides less cash, it also meant the Catholic church could be wrong. This means that if they let it go, it would mean more people start to question what the Catholics shove down throats. This means they lose a potentially exponential amount of cash, and their ironhold grip on the government/culture.

Elenmmare said:
    Jesus doesn't have any blood on his hands, but dumb people who thought that killing other people in his name was a right thing to do.

Dumb people who are believed by Catholics to have had a direct link to God.

Yes, everyone can agree that Catholics are a bit retarded, if not bat**** insane.

Archonsod said:
    DameGreyWulf said:
    Actually Hyp, historians say Jesus did exist. Whether he was a miracle man or just a crazy guy is up to debate.
    They don't, that's part of the problem. You've got around six historians who were contemporaries of Jesus, and yet none of them mention him. Which considering the amount of crap that occurs throughout the New Testament (the world being plunged into darkness for three days for example), is somewhat unusual.

Again, the Bible is mostly a work of allegory. The darkness would not have proven physical. Sorry for the double-posting, but this box is screwed up-It won't let me make long posts enless I edit them in notepad. Edit: Editted in Notepad..because I was doing it anyway.
  7. Do you forgive Hitler?

Elenmmare said:
    And that makes you virtuous :razz:? I hate hypocrits. If there is a hell, it is the 'god-fearing folk' who pick and choose what they follow that deserve to suffer in it the most.

Actually, their very same God promises that "lukewarm" Christians will suffer a greater fate than any 'evil' person. Basically, He wants you to follow his Word as best as you can..or be pure ****ing evil.

This is often ignored, to make Christianity sound better.

Thank God I don't go to churches.
  8. Do you forgive Hitler?

Soleiraus said:
    After what's he has done according to official history, can you bring yourself to forgiving him? I don't forgive him since I don't see anything wrong with Hitler's epic genocide. He did what he had to to conquer.

Great.

For everbody else, God teaches us to forgive our enemies.

He also taught us to stone loose women, and we all know that we're not doing either of those things.
  9. [Suggestion] Couched mode.

Seawied86 said:
    this would be too big of a nerf to lancing. The current version is terrible, this one isn't much better

The advantage I was trying to make was you could basically couch somebody without being close enough to get a 80 mph sword to the face.
  10. Funny thing happened today :D

Corndawg said:
    There is a forum for Warband that's not suggestions, however I think this may be the appropriate place.

A young hero named Valerin;
    was slaying all those that were hammering;
    him with their fists;
    he felt his own mantits;
    and grabbed a mighty bow that is crossed;
    and showed them two idiots that he couldn't be bossed.

Puccio was fighting;
    whilst Hajbab was sighting;
    Valerin's delicate ballsack;
    and his hefty man-rack.
    Hajbab was stunned;
    when his friend was shunned;
    into the afterlife;
    with a little bit of strife.

This is pure ****ing win! Nice!  :lol:

Elpepomon said:
    Nice Ping =]

Yeah, not the nicest..but still, if I can kill you with a Nordic Short Sword versus a Swadian Great Sword..you can't exactly blame it on ping, besides of which..Guy was auto-blocking xD!
  11. [Suggestion] Couched mode.

That being said, I would like to add on to this: Make it so you could move your lance out way farther to the right and left for a couched lance kill at risk of either; A)Dropping your lance, having been wrenched from your grasp; or B)the lance breaks, unable to take the strain. The chance of...
  12. [Observation/Suggestion] Unintended benefit to the .720 couching system?

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
    Observation:
    So I've been playing cav more on .720 and I have noticed something.  The way couching works now, a horse that moves slower and has slower turning stats can turn more while still keeping their lance in couch mode.  You can theoretically do the same thing by simply slowing down your horse and tapping A or D with a fast horse, but its a lot easier with a big, slow warhorse or charger.
          Now, the point is, this is a really good thing!  A warhorse should have an easier time couching than a courser.  And this is what this patch helps achieve.  Sarranid, desert, and steppe horses seem to have the hardest time at controlling a couch(because of their turning skill, they reset the lance position really easily).  In my opinion, this is a great gameplay change that is also really realistic.  Heavy cavalry would traditionally use couching the most, while light cavalry fulfilled more of a skirmisher role part of the time. I think if the amount you could turn without reseting your couch could be increased slightly, it would make the cavalry system much better than any version before, as right now it still resets a little too easily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggestion:
    Or better yet, the system could be improved even more with a few simple changes.
          First, make it where you press X to swap the lance into "couch mode" (like swapping the great axe now).  In couching mode, you click to lower the lance and it stays down for a certain amount of time.  This will add a little more skill into the equation.  Basically, this is similar to Welcome to Hell's suggestion.  BUT--when in couching mode, limit your ability to turn, equivalent to how far you can turn in .720 without reseting the lance.  i.e. you can mash down A or D but it only turns you at the same speed as tapping A or D to keep your lance down in .720.  This will stop people from accidentally turning too far and raising their lance while trying to couch, while keeping the turn limitation in.  The turn limitation is a good thing, as it keeps people from riding in circles in couch position, and makes you think harder about when to try to couch and when to thrust

Is this perhaps the holy grail of M&B cavalry?  All 3 forms of cavalry combat will have their place (couch, thrust, sword), and different horses will be better for different combat styles even more than now.

This would make it so only the wealthy can couch-Warhorses aren't exactly cheap, and a good player can dehorse somebody pretty quickly. I would support if couching mode lets you move your lance out farther.

What do you think?
  13. Funny thing happened today :D

First off-If there's a forum for Warband that isn't flooded with suggestions or bugs, tell me, because obviously my posts need to be there and not on this forum. Hear hear. After leaving a siege match[Didn't like the factions or the graphical lag of a large number of people], I decided a duel...
  14. Two weapon fightin? (dual wielding)

FrisianDude said:
    Valerin said:
    FrisianDude said:
    Valerin said:
    Can you cut an arrow in half as it flies towards you?  I doubt it, and even if you could, M&B doesn't support it.
    Not bloody likely.

Mmmhmm. Only saying that Archers are a backbone of any Warband, and so, you will always have to deal with them.

And enless you want to be diving for cover and/or moving back and forth like a nutter to avoid being shot, the best way to deal with them is a shield.

:X Just trying to lay the two weapon fighting thing to rest.

As a moderately off-topic thought, I'd like to see higher swing speeds for the guan daos in the game-They're heavy, to be sure, but not that heavy.
      I only said it's not likely that anyone can cut a flying arrow in half. Of course a shield is useful.

Crap; I sounded like I was disagreeing with you. I'm not.

That being said, why do people want duel-wield...

...Ohh!

I get it!

It's like those roleplayers that can magically dodge everything!
  15. Global Warming a hoax?

ash12181987 said:
    @Valerin: I'm going to stop this one... Yes, he can find a paper on the O2 output of a square mile of rainforest, and the CO2 output of the human body. But, your missing a point here. I don't mean that in a sage way, I mean... what Is your point?

That there are 6 billion-odd people living where CO2 reducing plant life used to.
  16. Global Warming a hoax?

Swadius said:
    In what span of time?

Any span of time. Would love to know.
  17. Global Warming a hoax?

scaddenp said:
    Valerin said:
    I am not one to read journals nor cite somebody elses work, I merely present my ideas, so here I go..
    Well maybe you should so you check idea against data.

I think the sun is getting larger. Everybody knows this..The sun is a main sequence star, and as it slowly runs out of fuel, it grows larger. A slight growth in diameter could mean a 1 degree F increase over however many years. Combined with other effects, this would probably warm the climate.
    No argument that sun is and will get larger - its more like timescale of 1deg per 200million years though (from memory -dont quote me). For last 65million years, earth has got COLDER (to point of having ice caps) despite this. The atmosphere has got depleted in GHG over this time. On much more local time scale, earth is affected by slight changes is solar radiation due to orbital variations. Currently on a slight DOWN TURN in solar (time scale for change is 1000s of years). eg http://tamino.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/annual90.jpg?w=500&h=325 - average annual insolation at pole. Not much sign of solar heating us. We have been measuring solar input directly by satellite too in recent decades. Again, no warming trend.

But our Earth has been here for a great long time...And our industrial age is very, very recent, such is the cause of my doubt of our industrial processes affecting the globe. But it would explain sharp increases some claim to show.

But you can measure the effect of our activities on the atmosphere - fossil carbon has different isotopic signature so can measure the change in CO2 and where the CO2 came from. Next calculate the heating from that change, compare with actually observed heating from atmosphere. eg http://ams.confex.com/ams/Annual2006/techprogram/paper_100737.htm
    Now that isnt the end of the argument - there are other feedbacks, positive and negative, but AGW is a based on coherent theory of climate which matches predictions with observations better than any other theory.

I never said that the sun's slow expansion was the cause, but I doubt that the burning of fossil fuels is the only cause. Not only that, but our hybrid cars still run on gasoline, which still put CO2 into the atmosphere-That's not fixing the problem.

In that case, can you find a paper that accurately describes the CO2 output of the human body? Or the O2 production of about a square mile of rainforest?
  18. Global Warming a hoax?

Swadius said:
    Lets not forget the moon people... Fine we haven't sent anyone to live there yet, but when they do they'll need water, if we send some there now we can make a killing!

Better yet! Instead of the moon, let's try Mars! We can use the iron to make a fleet, and use the industry required to produce such a fleet to warm up the dang place!

And then, we could export some water there and be land tycoons! WE'LL MAKE MILLIONS!

Imagine, all the beachfront property in the universe! Haha! Dance with me!
  19. Gore and Dismemberment - removeable limbs

PrinceGhaldir said:
    Karel said:
    PrinceGhaldir said:
    And yes, a nicely sharpened sword/axe/halberd/zweihander/pike/katana/steam locomotive can go through a limb, taking some armor on the way, although plate needs some strenght to cut through (except using the steam locomotive), and it will ruin your blade.

:grin:

LOL :grin:

Will we still need to buy horses? Or can we rent locomotives for jousting?
  20. Global Warming a hoax?

Swadius said:
    Human made warming or not, building higher sea walls can only be a good thing.

And then putting turbines on them to harvest the energy of the high tide! We'll be saved!

And then, we could all experience Hawaii by climbing onto our deck and looking at the crystal-clear blue water surrounding the house.

I for one welcome this "Hawaii at Home" package! I'll save thousands in vacation money!
Back
Top Bottom