Search results for query: *

1. Mount&Musket: Suggestions

There is a severe lack of beardage in that photo.

However, players get to choose their appearance when they create an avatar.

Oh, btw, will there be any further edits to the uniforms? Several infantry units have pretty ridiculous looking headgear, the 93e and prussian guard units coming to mind.

EDIT: Silly me, I forgot the player does *not* have the choice of their appearance, whoops.
  2. Pubgoons

Back in June or something somebody posted a thread about him leading the pubgoons. I have seen them mentioned a few times since. Are the pubgoons still around? Is anyone in charge? How do I play as a dragoon in a line battle? Off topic, didn't there used to be a process where pub players could...
  3. Post here if you are looking for a regiment or members.

I've tried playing in a regiment before (84e) and it just didn't work out due to timezone differences and schedule restraints, however, I REALLY liked the linebattles. I have never had the opportunity to w/o a regiment in a linebattle, and being a "Pubgoon" sounds very appealing. However the Sunday battle has always seemed to be the best (granted that 1_reddit_ didn't pull any shenanigans), but is closed to public players.

So, I am looking for a Prussian regiment that has a more lenient practice policy yet still enough clout to be invited to linebattles. In other words a regiment of casual pub players that wouldn't notice if I had to miss several weeks of battles. Tall order, no?
  4. Skrimishers?

Playing as jaeger/21-y Polk on pub servers, I am now convinced that melee is their strong point, even vs. cavalry I am having more luck chamber blocking lances than I am shooting horses.

Is there any chance that there will be a re balancing?

Me, being stubborn as I am, will continue playing as jaeger/21-y until I do well with them.  Anybody else dedicated pub skirmishers?
  5. Friday Line battle Event : 6/17!

Was fun, thanks alot Helfy and Justintyme for the crash course in line battling  :mrgreen:
  6. Friday Line battle Event : 6/17!

Who DDOS attacks a gaming community? Isn't it usually the other way around?
  7. Friday Line battle Event : 6/17!

Can't find the teamspeak info, do I need to register on the Militarygamers site?
  8. Skrimishers?

I am rather new to the mod and just playing around with all classes about even, but Ive got a question about skirmishers. When playing as a skirmisher is it best to be in front of or behind your line troops? After trying to "skirmish" and run ahead of everyone else I kept getting destroyed by...
  9. For M&B-2: Physical Realism

Imo the shield should perpetually be a barrier to all missiles and weapons, the player only shifts it to cover different areas of his body.

...in a perfect world
  10. Spear Workshop!

Definitely record this workshop if you ever get around to holding it, I would love to see it!

Would teamspeak be required?
  11. Mount&Musket: Suggestions

Just giving my 2 cents, I searched to make sure most of it was unique. I totally understand that alot of people have put tons of time and effort already into this game. I am only suggesting, just putting the ideas out there
  12. Mount&Musket: Suggestions

Blobmania said:
    Rifles were historically shorter than muskets.

I would have never imagined the American Pennsylvania rifle was unique in its length. I thought the length was the reason reloading took so much longer

Blobmania said:
    Crouching is only allowed in double line during line battles, or in skirmishing. In the double line, the crouch reload is necessary, and in skirmishing it was feasible to reload while crouched because you had more space to do so. I don't think they plan on changing the crouch reload for this reason.

You don't think there should be a reload speed penalty? (If at all possible)

Musicians, Captains, Sergeants and Generals have no inherent bonuses for nearby troops. They are eye candy, nothing more. It's been suggested in the past, however was deemed too "fantasy" for a unit type to grant nearby troops any sort of bonus, so was rejected.

I understand, but I don't think a rate of fire bonus (again, if possible) is too outrageous.

The artificial rules in use during line battles are interesting and fun, but were the best players in the game to line up and fight against random skirmishers, the skirmishers would win. The changes above could possibly reward fighting in line. People always laugh at Napoleonic style fighting as stupid and suicidal, but it really was the best way to fight at the time.

More suggestions to achieve the above:
    -make musket shots survivable every once in a while
    -less accuracy
    -less range

Also,
    -Sappers
    -Scouts
    -Dual pistol cavalry
    -Some kind of artillery sighting system
      -A rifle with highly visible/zero damage projectile (ie. Napoleonic laser pointer)
      -A sight on the cannon itself

Sorry for redundancies.
  13. Mount&Musket: Suggestions

In reality horses get tired very fast and so in the Napoleonic era cavalrymen would start their charge at a walking pace and then gradually increase speed until he was at full gallop only for the last 50 or so yards.  To me this "crescendo" style charge is very associated with the combat seen in MM. Maybe its just me though...

I feel the bayonet is far too strong and the other melee weapons too weak.  While the infantry sword and heavy cavalry sword are arguably better, it is only by a hair. If the bayonet is going to be so fast I don't understand why it must be the most powerful of melee weapons.

The Prussian Jaeger's rifle is far shorter than the musket, is this accurate?

Crouching should decrease reloading speed of the musket, rifle, and carbine or straight out disallow it altogether. AFAIK crouching was only during the firing of a volley and only so that the men behind you had better firing lines. Only the breach loading rifle many years later enabled soldiers to fire from crouching and prone positions.

Do musicians, commanders, captains, and generals have any special effects?  A bonus to reloading speed or accuracy would be a nice addition plus it would encourage more line battling.
  14. Taking a castle: a tutorial by someone who plays M&B

Defending Rhodok Sergants are easily the unit most deserving of your fear.  Closely followed by the Nord Huscarl, a single Rhodok Sergant will cut down an entire attacking army given some luck and proper placement.  The Rhodok Sharpshooter is also the best seige missile troop because their ammo holds out longer than say a Vaeger Marksman, while somehow mysteriously having more kills/time.

Also, throwing weapons absolutely decimate if you are able to make it to the top of the ladder, I am sure a bow would prove better, but not without taking up 2 inventory slots.  Taking along a large bag of throwing axes in a seige is always worth the encumberance.

Finally, have many other Heroes in your party, and spend most of their upgrade points on Charisma when they can't be spent someplace else.

P.S.  Does anybody have a clue as to why your A.I. allies always seem to find castles with 30-100 garrasoned troops and no lords to seige, yet you are always stuck with 200+ troop castles?  Do your enemies chivarously evacuate troops when your A.I. friends come along?  Or is it more likely simply that your A.I. friends automatically know the troop count of all castles in Caladria.  Anybody notice that reinforcements almost never come to challenge your allies as well?
  15. Khergits on a whole new level of Sucking

Wow, I just faced Khergits in full fog for the first time, it sucks quite a bit... especially since I was equipped with seige equipment (Board shield, Crossbow, Throwing Axes, Bolts).  The whole part about them completely encompassing you, then firing missiles is pretty devestating.  The only...
  16. Best-dressed Warrior

I am sure it has already been put forward but the Swiss Guard owns all!

SwissGuard.jpg
  17. Physics Question

I appologize, it is the 1257 AD mod.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anybody was aware of how the game works under vanilla.  Does the game track where the shield/weapon is in space?  Is it feasible to do so, both on the resource level and at the programing level?
  18. New GPU

killkhergit said:
    Seems like you've got $200 to spend.

Nope, just not willing to spend that much on a graphics adapter, it is not worth it.  If the PC game market mandates I have to buy a $500+ card in order to play games while they are new then I will simply stick with console gaming.  I refuse to play into their hands when I have infinately better ways to spend my money.
  19. Physics Question

I admitedly have never looked at the source code or even attempted moding, I like vanilla (and 1066 mod) just the way they are.  My question is whether the game currently keeps track of where your shield is in space.  Same question for your weapon. I am asking of course because I am wondering...
  20. Most Hated Faction?

I dislike Khergits too, but the trick is to not meet them on a horse.  Have everybody dismount and clusterup, ironically when you are most vulnerable the Khergits will literally take turns charging the cluster and being slaughtered.

Nords suck quite a bit when one of those axes meets horse-head, or your head for that matter.
Back
Top Bottom