Search results for query: *

• Users: Soty
  • Order by date
  1. AoB: Suggestion Box

I don't know about the wedding dance joust, but my intension was to make duelling one path the player can go. - Like in Native when a player decides to gain honor fighting tournaments.

@venitius' idea... A nice idea indeed, but would a trained force from an army be provided for an adventurer as the player is ingame (unless you are one of the king's vassals)

A few more of my mad ideas :smile:
    • In cities you should be able to recruit an "officer" line of troops.
      Starting with "Lieutenant" these officers have special abilities that increase until they reach the highest level (Marshal, General, Colonel or whatever)
      Their abilities should include some of the following:
      -Tactics
      -Leadership
      -Trainer
      - maybe: Prisoner management, inventory management and path finding, etc.
      But their main ability should be that they can be ordered to make their own parties. So you have your officers have independent forces under your superior command
      (this might also work for NPCs instead of an own "officer troop tree")

• Give the player the ability to choose his commander before starting a battle (like in age of machinery) this way your NPCs turn in to PCs :/
    • Remove the obsolete character abilities, such as:
      -Power Throw
      -Power Draw
      -Shield - or you make it a special blocking ability
      -Horse archery should also have an effect on shooting firearms from horseback - I have no idea if it does already
      -Weapon proficiencies for 'Two-handed weapons' , 'Archery' , 'Crossbows' and 'Throwing' are not needed. (Maybe in some expansion - e.g. The ottoman Wars -you want to have the players bow and arrow, but overall these are outdated weapons in this age.)
  2. AoB: Suggestion Box

Suggestions about duelling.

- Make duels take place in some forest rather than in an arena.
    - Give the duellants pistols or sabres only. (The challenged person may choose weapons)
    - A very reduced number of bullets (2-5) for the whole duel.
    - If both duellants have fired their bullets and neiter is dead, then this duel is counted as a draw.

3. Where is Poland??!?!?

lol I was just kidding!!
  4. Where is Poland??!?!?

But no Prussia (!) despite the fact of Frederick the great being in one of the banners and Prussia being one of the most important powers Europe had ever seen.
  5. AoB: Suggestion Box

A question in general: how about cooperating with the peninsular war mod?
  6. AoB: Suggestion Box

Will follow soon...

Gonna write one tomorrow at work
  7. AoB: Suggestion Box

OK

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/adjutant.html

a cool website about prussia
  8. AoB: Suggestion Box

Very likely. Wasn't "Le 2e régiment de chevaux-légers des Lanciers de la Garde Impériale" Polish? but under french superior command

EDIT: nah was the 1st Light Cavalry Regiment of the Imperial Guard
  9. AoB: Suggestion Box

Possible that the Britons introduced lancers later on. i didnt really find anything informative on the net about them. but i saw a movie, where they used lances in the battle of waterloo. (not sure if it was the french or the britons)
  10. AoB: Suggestion Box

Well guys, I didn't have time to post my suggestions for troop trees yesterday. So I do them now. They are all for the napoleonic ages (around 1815) as there would be historical inaccuracies for different ages (e.g. The strelites were dissolved in 1686 or so)

Troops.jpg

11. AoB: Suggestion Box

that's the militia - landwehr - jäger line!

Fusiliers are regular standard or line infantry - they have a good firepower, and average hitpoints also melee is quite OK
    Grenadiers are the tough guys for the sieges - they have average firepower, high hitpoints and good melee combat abilities, but they are very expensive
    Jägers are the marksmen/ snipers - they have great firepower (also on distance) but very little HP and weak melee combat

Dragoons - heavy cavalry with medium speed horses, a carbine musket and sabres
    Uhlans - light cavalry with lances as primary weapon and a pistol as secondary
    Hussars - very fast cavalry with a sabre
    Cuirassiers - heaviest of all cavalry types. they are armoured, have a sabre as primary and pistols as secondary arms

12. AoB: Suggestion Box

I have elaborated a troop tree for the Austrians.
    Aust.jpg

Artillery:
    You could try to add artillery pieces to the mod. Like the catapults in the Age of machinery

Officers:
    Officers can be recruited in cities. Their special ability is that they can be ordered to make their own parties
    Troop tree Officers (max. party size)
    Lieutenant (25) => Captain (50) => Major (75)  => Colonel (100) => General (150)

Standard bearers and Musicians:
    They increase the morale of your troops.

New Nations:
    - Ottoman Empire
    - Prussia
  13. Field Chef and Quatermaster

Can you tell me what puropese these 2 "goods" serve?
  14. [RoR]: Original Thread [Includes Alpha/Beta Download]

Will you also include a Prussia faction?
  15. Paleolithic: Fight for the Homo Genus. RELEASED.

where can i get the version 0.808 to play this?
  16. Question

Ok thanks, so this means "no there isn't one" I understand :wink:
  17. Question

Hi guys, is there a mod that allows you to play a "civil" life? like harvesting, hunting animals, trading or such stuff?
  18. SP Musket Era New Mod "The Revolution" (version 0.4 released,mapper wanted!!)

The Revolutionary peasants hardly ever hit me. and my NPC Cav. I must admit I play at Battle size 35 though :wink:
  19. SP Musket Era New Mod "The Revolution" (version 0.4 released,mapper wanted!!)

Revolutionary parties are terribly weak. I defeated a 145 party with my 6 prussian regulars and 3 of my NPCs without a single casualty!

I'd add some different Infantry types. e.g.:
    -Grenadiers throw grenades
    -Fusiliers being the strongest Infantry unit in terms of musket firepower
    -Pioneers strongest Infantry in melee combat (high bayonet damage and High HP - for sieges)
    -Light Infantry: Prussian Jäger: High accuracy (rifle) low HP

I have a complete concept in my archives. If you are interested, shout. :smile:
  20. Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

Hey guys, I am new to this forum and modding overall, but I'm planning my own Europe at war mod - and I have a few questions, upon which my whole project will be based.

Is it possible to customize NPCs as follows:
    Troop Tree:

Prussian Battle Units
                          /
    Prussian Recruit
                          \
                            Prussian Officers (the important units)

Now my question. Is it possible to give the Officers custom names - e.g. Rename one of them to "General Whatever"
    and is it possible to give them the ability to make their own party - like in "the sword of damocles" but with some restrictions depending on their leadership skills (eg. lieutenants can have a maximum party size of 10, captains - 30, and so on)
    and of course they must do what you command them - meaning you being the marshal of their party.

Another Question. During battles, is it possible to create statics on the map? like Pionieers building defense walls and sand bags for artillery?
Back
Top Bottom