Search results for query: *

1. dykjozo

Thank you TW for breaking all the mods again, sigh...

It is freaking early access. It's a legitimate reason for the game to change drastically. Entitled manchildren...
    It even BETA version of the EA the OP has problem with, not the "kinda stable alpha"
    + there is no official mod support so far, don't expect it to be a thing until full release
  2. dykjozo

IMO, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to make mods not function on the beta branch at all. It's not there for playing comfortably, it's there for testing.
    THIS!
    Definetly agree, don't see a point in beta testing at all if 99% of the players would run mods there, modifying recruiting, AI, economy, troops, etc.., thus ruining results they might get from it.
  3. dykjozo

Beta branch is meant for extra testing the game features, fixes etc and you try to play mods on it that change major things... Cry me a river. If you want to mods stuff, go for the main release.
  4. dykjozo

Waring factions should not be able to bypass choke point castles to invade enemy territory

Little offtopic, but AI works in misterious ways and the game would need serious rework to all work properly as many of you suggest here..
    1) generally castles/ towns should have more food stocked, so it can stay under siege for lets say two weeks without starvation? Most of the castles does not keep sufficient supplies, even when they are on borders and most likely to be besieged..
    //remember in warband when you wanted to starve-out settlement it would take 30 days, although the days seemed longer
    (seen somewhere they are working on balancing the link between prosperity and food supply)
    2) sieging town in heart of the faction is stupid, might be fixed by patrols, maybe higher food consuption, food might weight more/ have higher penatly on speed, cohesion debuffs when deep in enemy teritorry?
    // Believe it can be done on purpose, not sure about town, but somehow take castle behind enemy lines as base of the operations, for raids. Know about instacne of taking such castle in hussite wars at czech/silesia border, hussites taken castle on their raid of silesia, keeping it even tho their main army moved back, being in the sea of enemy territory, but they managed to start small raids from then, and gave it up after some months of siege in exchange for safe passage, because it was well defended, even though it was already time of gunpowder. Sieges very nasty bussiness, not worth taking by force most of the time, though in this game it is quite different.
    Maybe slow down building of the camp and siege engines, make gates stronger, especially the 2nd one, to have proper use of the murder holes, ladders should either spawn at camp, or simulate troops lost from moving the equipment like it was in the viking conqest.
    3) few times seen two armies of enemy kingdoms passing each other, without engaging in fight, maybe add trigger to recalculate the target when they spot enemy army.
  5. dykjozo

Waring factions should not be able to bypass choke point castles to invade enemy territory

There might be few ways to make castles work like they were in real history, or better say to work logically with stuff that is already in game:

1) Families/ clans are big in the game => force certain lords to patrol family lands (noticed that AI already seems to grant fief to lord if he has already city/ castle nearby, or it might be just my imagination)
    2) Form patrols from Garrison since castle force is already divided into militia and garrison (know of the mod that you can from patrols in villages)

Of course there should be some calculations made all the time for AI to decide how to handle information of enemy forces in proximity like:
    Is it only one party?
    Can we beat them?
    How fast they move?
    Should we persue them?
    Are we not too far from the castle we should defend?
    etc.

Personally don't think Garrison would sally out to meet enemy force of similar size, well lord of the castle could set orders depending on wealth, security of the kingdom etc. Maybe game could somehow send messenger to other castle or village for reinforcements and act as army (with the system similar to lords forming armies, pay with influence, or decide according to lord's traits, relationships or just orders). Of course it might affect performance of the worldmap with xy additional calculations per second with many extra parties on world map...

But after all, doubt they will implement anything complex in near future, as it would certainly cause bugs and they should firstly fix bugs already present and finish features that are already presented in the game.
  6. dykjozo

Bannerlord is mis-advertised by the devs on Steam (yes, even taking into account Early Access)

Not sure if it was like this at launch day, but at steam store page you have explanation from devs what you get for your money. Yes, it was very buggy and unbalanced at start, crashed few times, but had my fun for 125 hour of play over 2 playthroughs. As someone already pointed out, most crashes these days come from mods, it is nice that community patches stuff for now as I could not play this game without some mods like patrols for villages after I was awarded with city that had all kinds of bandits respawning all the time). I bet there are more modders than devs tho at this moment. But can't imagine devs to download all the mods created and fix game so the mods won't crash the game...
    I don't have much money to spend, but I bough the game anyways to show support to the devs, even though I don't have time to play it often, but I played warband for countless hours, native and mods. Still read all patchnotes and It clearly shows how much work they have done the past month.

Tl:grin:R You have been warned on the steam page, so stop cry kid :grin:
  7. dykjozo

SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

Repost of a post i made in this topic by DEM1L1CH found here: LINK

I tried a simulation of with the new version of CWA, version 0.2.1 with the default parameter values.
    However, i was unfortunately not able to replicate the results from the linked topic.
    I made a single simulation and the result was slightly better than running the game without CWA, but it did not make a huge difference:

Map after 5 years (CWA default values)
    4J6cWvG.jpg

Map after 10 years (CWA default values)
    dREWXah.jpg

Notice that after 10 years Northern Empire is wiped, while Sturgia and Southern Empire are almost wiped. Its almost the same as in unmodded game, although more time passes before factions are wiped / almost wiped.
    If a very dynamic map if what you are looking for, then it seems both unmodded patch 1.05 and CWA are good choices currently.
    However if you prefer a more stable map for 10+ ingame years then that still seems hard to achieve, although the linked topic OP does indeed show it.

I tried to tinker a bit with the parameter values in CWA version 0.2.1, to give a higher chance of peace between factions. It did create a more stable map for a longer time. The downside was, that wars were often very short, which may be immersion breaking and not as fun. Also the map is less dynamic.

Map after 5 years (CWA modified values)
    ZOrRMGV.jpg

Map after 10 years (CWA modified values)
    4dA75Xc.jpg

The modified parameter values used were:
    RaidImpact = 0.05
    SiegeImpact = 0.35
    CasualtyImpact = 300
    DailyCheckChance = 0.75
    AttritionNecessary = 0.45
    SuperiorMultiplier = 1.5
    InferiorMultiplier = 0.75

Ind the end it is probably an individual preference which is better - a more dynamic map, or a more stable map.

To me even the default values looks ok, It's civil war after all.. Not 100% familiar with history, but I would say that in real world history there were times, when countries in matter of few years were wiped out from the map. And like that the game progesses even without player, but would welcome some option for static wars in game, or free for all since not all players like the same level of progression. Also would be nice if there was chance for defeated factions come back (if we can count Viking conquest as test for this, if there were bigger culture penalties, lets say if loyalty of few settlements would go down, then there might emerge clan of defeated faction, or lords might defect the faction if he has low relation with ruler, or majority of other vassals)

In conclusion I think that mod patches it for now, maybe devs are already working to implement it, or if not, then nevermind. Let them work first on crashes and gamebreaking bugs, since the snowballing is not a huge problem with mods at this moment.. They might start working on more complex solutions later, but as I said they can focus on other bugs, who knows the snowballing effect might be reduced by fixing other bugs, like problems with pathfinding on world map.
  8. dykjozo

SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

I like that game progresses without player doing anything, but it is too fast, at least at start. Because often before finding all lords to talk about the battle and finding all pieces of banner many factions are wiped out (in one of my games, it was earlier patch, i wanted to pledge for some empire faction, but by the time i found it , there was only southern empire with few towns and by the time i found the leader they were already beaten).
    I would suggest few things to fix this. I guess the first quest run to talk with nobles is way to introduce factions to newcomers and help them decide, but don't see a point in taking away some of the options before they can make decision.
    1) Total war could be triggered by some date in game, or by the banner quest? Or both if player decides to not do the quest? By that time they might work on mustering armies, fortifying borders, raiding etc.
    2) Weaker kingdoms making alliances to beat the stronger agressor.
    3) Buff towns, more militia in towns (simulate townsmen/ crafters joining the defence).
    4) Siege events like it was done with Viking Conquest to reduce attackers fighting power.
    5) Tweak influence gain/ cost (clans seems to have almost infinite influence in comparsion to costs) Less influence = less organized armies in fields.
  9. dykjozo

Another noob question, how marshall works?

Cohesion reduces over time, it reduces faster when there are parties with low morale, when the army is huge, when there is no food, but you can spend extra influence to keep them together for longer time
  10. dykjozo

700 days test e1.0.4 (images) (snowballing)

I would worry about most important things first. And balance seems to be important as crashes to me. Would not mind about crashing once a hour if the game would not be dominated by 2 or 3 factions by the time I get army strong enough to even get those 3 banner pieces on realistic settings...
    Wanted to give banner to Southern empire, but by the time i got all pieces all empire factions were defeated (I got banner when southern had still 6 Cities, but by the time i found leader they were all taken)
    Since the game would not get into later stages and we would not notice some buggs/ crashes that come after some time. It is sad when the game finishes itself before you even start playing without cheating or using easy mode. (Have played 43 hours since the launch.)
  11. dykjozo

SP Native Veteran Garrison Militia (Stronger garrisons)

Anyone can confirm this slows down the game?
  12. dykjozo

Modding VC: basic tutorials and Q&A thread

Hi, thinking about messing with code once again and would like to ask which of these things are possible or anyone tried to do such stuff (to save some time in case it is clearly impossible to some more skilled and experienced. VC modsys files are quite long, better ask here first i think, but I will go through them anyways.)

About my coding/modding skills : So far i managed to fully man snekkja with companions which was pretty much copy paste rewrite, after 7 semestres at uni i should be able to understand some pieces of code if i look at it long enough :grin:
    Anyways most of those things are basically for the same purpose, but looking at the problem from different angles :grin:
    In few cases I might answer myself in very next line (please don't mind it) and sorry for mistakes in lyrics..

1) add non-lord parties to kingdoms
      a) patrols around fiefs, choke points
      b) raiding parties (just to do harm to enemies or even bind parties to fief or lord, so they will get some percentage)

- Sea kings shows its quite possible to do.

2) fiefless factions
      a) add few lords to raiders/ sea warriors/outlaws(can eventually add rule for recruiting after relation high enough or quest / paid to follow or raid village, patrol location - could definetly take some inspiration from marshal dialog)
      b) minor factions (clans?)

possible problem:
    - factions without fiefs get deleted after few days after last bigger army gets defeated or lords defected, maybe game ignores that condition if faction starts without fiefs/ without kings?

3) companions that leave party and decide to start adventuring do raiding if they don't have any objects against it

- possible problem: they would have to be changed from commoners to other faction when they start/ add trigger if they decide to raid when already adventuring? modified lord defect code 

Few more things I might look into if I won't give this up:

1) add companions with special skills:
      a) seer/ sorcerer (cast runes, sacrifice prisoners or even own troops? for morale boost with penalty kicks ofc)
      b) wound healer

2) tweak controversy gain for marshal

So those dialogue options would show only with certain NPCs (might help looking at dialogue with Morrigan, or Jarl Sigurd) 

Thanks for reading, any feedback welcomed as long as it is constructive one :smile:
  13. dykjozo

Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Hello, anyone tried, or found way to tweak relation bonus from joining the battle? (haven't played for a very long time, so not i am not sure if you get after joining/winning but for sure there is bonus after you talk with lord anytime after and he will say how good the battle was and increase the relation by 1)
  14. dykjozo

SP Fantasy Tohlobaria (v0.8 is out!)

Sure, might try to do that, those manors are same as in AD 1257? Or are they actually siegeable/raidable? :grin: (do they use same spawn points or need specific ones)
  15. dykjozo

Will try to resist the temptation :grin: By the way if you want I might try to make some scenes for you, although it is over a year since I made the last one...
  16. dykjozo

This mod has very big potential to become one of the best warband mods, if not the best one with all those nice features like openable helmets :grin:

Anyways is it wise to start new v0.6 game or wait for the 0.7?
  17. dykjozo

Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Server/Group or Channel? :)

well, thats the nearest to rp you can get atm. I know there is mod Fall of Mordor, which is about scenario battles as far as i know :smile:
  18. dykjozo

Lord of the Rings Roleplaying Server/Group or Channel? :)

Hullo, want lotr rp? Then play mmorpg lotro :grin: They have even their rp only servers.
  19. dykjozo

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello,
    Is it possible to make killable companions? (at least some of them)

I want to make a small mod with some companions and some soldiers that can lvl up, change armor, have some kind of story, but can also die... i guess if they coud die, then they shouldnt be able to become lord, but it would be ok as they would just be in player party as soldiers which you would miss if they die and not only see their death as number in causalities
Back
Top Bottom