Search results for query: *

1. Did the developers test the game at all?

Also curious to hear what the answer to this is.
  2. Why did not tell us a detailed patch update what?

Ralepozozaxe said:
    I was watching a guy stream where he joined a battle (he had no men of his own) of one of the people he was fighting for go against one of their enemies. It was a big battle, more than 400 people combined troops. The 2 armies then proceeded to run towards each other, and then do nothing. They didn't move or attack or anything, they just stood there. The guy streaming eventually got bored and just left the battle.

I also saw a stream where two armies got into an intense staring contest before the player crowd surfed into his enemies.

In my own experiences when two large forces meet, the battle is very uneventful.. I thought there was additional AI given to the NPCs, and if so, it is just a waste of cpu cycles.
  3. Stuck in Norway?

doskido said:
    Odenar said:
    Buy from villages and sell in towns or something

Thanks I'll try that

You can also get timber for 33 penings in some Northvegr villages. When you have enough cash to pay for your voyage, I'd recommend selling the excess timber at your destination for maximum returns.
  4. Stuck in Norway?

Odenar said:
    Buy from villages and sell in towns or something

That's what I did to get out of Northvegr when I was but a lowly freeman.
  5. Moving Court

I've seen silver in my travels as a trader in goods markets - if I recall correctly, it was about 550 penings.

I also reckon that you can get it if you are of the pillaging pagan type and don't mind paying a monastery a visit  :roll:
  6. Old Main thread

With the recent release of VC, I came back here to check on the status of the mod. It still looks amazing, and I see that the original post was edited yesterday.. Curious to know how this is coming along!
  7. Looting Monasteries as a pagan

Bluebeard said:
    The biggest issue, imho, is the inability to recruit any kind of soldier on the British Isles, you can either recruit mercs, recruit from prisoners / liberated people or go back to Scandinavia.

This. I was running into morale problems with Christian troops until I started recruiting liberated prisoners. After 2 battles with Alban lords I had recruited about 50-60 pagan troops which set the morale issue straight.
  8. Is there some sort of freelancer/soldier feature?

bawzz said:
    Thanks for the answer.
    I'm having a problem since this is blocking the main quest, I need to talk to a lord that the kingdom in question is in war with ...  he attacks me right away.
    I had a similar issue in sandbox mode where I became a mercenary for the Northvegr which made Alban hostile towards me. Then I asked the same lord who hired me for a task, and he wanted me to deliver a message to an Alban lord haha. I just waited until the contract ended because the quest had a 60 day window to complete.

bawzz said:
    Is that information about the time left available anywhere in the menus ? I didn't find it.
    I haven't found a way to check the contract time either. Though if you pay attention to how many times you are paid at the end of week upkeep reports, I'd assume after 4-5 mercenary payments your contract will be close to ending.
  9. 2 Methods to determine the captain of a ship for Multiplayer Naval battles

Faranox said:
    So you're saying the top player on the score card is the Captain?

Yes, but it is not relating to kills - which is how the list is sorted once kills are accumulated.

Mewler says that in the beginning of a fresh map, the player that resides in the top position of the scoreboard is the one who captains the ship. Though, this is subject to change as players join and leave the game. I have found this to be true as well.
  10. BUGS-Enemys get Stuck Inside trees - dxdiag - logs etc....

BrustwarzenLenny said:
    Benemor said:
    Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I could just contribute to this one.. here are some screenshots of NPCs being stuck in trees.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734762061961/0E7925343B32B5BC791150BEE3039177B40AEF66/
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734762056397/06F09FC5ED799A5875B4ED458FF991836B11FA01/
    Already fixed and will be in next hotfix.

Awesome! I have faith that the team is going to continue to make this an amazing game.
  11. Looting Monasteries as a pagan

Also, I've yet to see any pagan factions invade the British Isles. They just declare war and do nothing about it.
  12. Is there some sort of freelancer/soldier feature?

bawzz said:
    willcross06 said:
    Hmm, I spoke to a lord about joining his army as a mercenary and he let me? He told me to gather up some men a nd he would tell me of upcoming battles?

I did the same.
    But now I want to leave him ... but I cant ! I talk to him or his king but there's no option to leave this "freelancer" mode ... How the hell do you get out of it ?

The contract for being a mercenary lasts for a month. At the end you will have the option to renew or break away.
  13. 2 Methods to determine the captain of a ship for Multiplayer Naval battles

Hi Mewler, it is good to see you on the forums. It would be nice if there was some documentation given to us about the new game modes at some point.
  14. Refuge questions

Slytacular said:
    Is it only me that has this problem, but how do you stop your army from building a refuge every time I decide to rest in the game? This feature bankrupts me because its a 1000 penings each time.

You are not alone. I just wait in towns now, and as a result have had some close calls with morale when out in the field on long campaigns.
  15. What is this about.

Perhaps this? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,320050.0.html
  16. Love the new dlc but need guidance on what to do?

kalarhan said:
    A easy fix is edit your character and get more $$$. That way you can skip the hard beginning and and you can become a warlord faster.

BotoxGod said:
    -Have enough money, can hardly spent it

Just curious, what is your renown at? Personally, I think the game will offer more avenues for progression once I reach 150 renown and can hire higher tier mercs from mead halls.
  17. Why do all the men look like hulks?

stevehoos said:
    Another thing, do we really have to "train the peasants" to recruit soldiers? As long as I have been playing M+B I can't think of anything more tedious and boring.

You can always try to recruit soldiers from the mead hall, but the higher tier troops won't join unless you are renowned.
  18. Why do all the men look like hulks?

Welcome to Viking Conquest where the men are hulks and the women are men!
  19. ATTENTION! Possible fix to a lot of problems!

I've never played with autosave and have experienced many of the bugs that people have mentioned.

Also have accumulated about 10 hours of playtime in VC.
  20. BUGS-Enemys get Stuck Inside trees - dxdiag - logs etc....

Instead of creating a new thread, I thought I could just contribute to this one.. here are some screenshots of NPCs being stuck in trees.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734762061961/0E7925343B32B5BC791150BEE3039177B40AEF66/
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/46490734762056397/06F09FC5ED799A5875B4ED458FF991836B11FA01/
Back
Top Bottom