Search results for query: *

1. Beta Branch e1.1.0

After several hours of playing I'm kinda stuck in a loop of trying to level up my recruits, but have lost more high tier men than I could level up recruits. Warband didn't have this problem because of the training perk and because exp got devided to all units. Right now that seems to not happen, thus no one that didn't earn a kill gets exp. This thus far has made me stay in a loop of fighting looters with very little if any rank ups.

Besides that I have found the prices for several objects to be much higher now, like javelins and other melee weapons.
    Also I see way more bands of bandits and looters. A single hideout will spawn parties constantly to the point of saturating a single corner of the map.
  2. 1.0.6 gives XP for tournaments and...practice matches?

I can't believe you guys nerfed practice experience, godammit dudes, why you do this? Do you guys think that people kept practicing their skills by going to war? No, they did so by sparring which the practice fights are.
    Hell in boxing sparring is a very important part of training and not that safe. It's even theorized that it's in fact constant sparring that hurts boxers the most, rather than the fights themselves.

The solution wasn't to nerf the experience from it, it was to make time pass so that even if you want to spam it, it will sacrifice something named time. And with time comes costs. Same with smithing, it takes time so sacrifice it for a smoother experience gain that doesn't take real life time, but time in game.
  3. SP - Battles & Sieges Does anyone else think spears are utterly useless?

I think spears work fine, they are much better weapons than swords. They just require much more skill than sword and board, and the AI lacks proper usage of them. Even cavalry cannot properly time their thrusts, waiting to be super close before stabbing. They managed to nail archery fine enough, but the AI just doesn't know how to use polearms.
  4. NEW RELEASE - v. 0.30.2 testing release

https://imgur.com/a/LSouR
    https://imgur.com/a/XGI2W

This are the 2 texture errors.
  5. NEW RELEASE - v. 0.30.2 testing release

Is there any solution I can find for that texture error? Perhaps just re"installing" the mod?
  6. NEW RELEASE - v. 0.30.2 testing release

Heya, are you still working on this mod or development has stopped forever?

I have found besides problems with the tournaments, that there are many problems loading a fight where an error msg pops up saying that a texture can't load. I found that error happened while playing with Swadian Man at Arms mostly, it could also be a weapon isn't loading, since the Nord trackers, A4 I believe, load without a weapon too.
  7. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

GS have you tried something like Leapforce, Lionbridge or Appen? It seems you could be able to work on those while on your normal job. This are "raters" works, so nothing fancy or laborious.
  8. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

God ****ing dammit, I hate life, looking for jobs, finding that most of the ones I can do are Operator level that pay only 4k mexican pesos a month. That's like 200 dollars a month. Besides College, and applying to Leapforce, I'm finding myself doing too much.

I'm glad I can come back and play right now.
  9. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

I won't try the very latest patch since I don't have time this week, will probs try on the weekend.

GS, just take it chill if you want, or if this is the thing you can, and want to focus on, then just pace yourself. We ain't going nowhere in a month. Unless we die, we can get traction once the mod is bigger and better.

From what little I have done, the reactions seemed to be poor and mainly "buggy", so I'll try to advertise it more probs when more things are done in 2 months or so. Just, pace yourself better. I love that you are still here with us, doing this for us. Thank you.
  10. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

cpt_freakout said:
    Finally took today off to play more seriously with this thing! So just to give a non-bug-reporting post, I've been doing the Beastman dance and man, I've been having a blast! Their tree is pretty simple, which fortunately in this case is a strength, and I particularly dig Ungor Halfhorns, even though they're a bit hard to manage because I don't use a mount yet. However, the few skirmishes I've had with bandits and caravans (fought with Lords against smaller parties, but at barely 43 beasties strong I barely make a dent in the, um, chaos) have made me think the tree is quite solid. So far, I've got a couple tactics that I've been working with lots of success vs these smaller parties, and am starting to think how I'm gonna deal with, primarily, Bretonnia, much later in the game.

What I think I'll have to do is to keep an Ungor Warrior contingent (and quite a large one at that, maybe about 20% of the force) in order to use as basic anti-cavalry wall, in addition to the Gor line of shieldwall that's gonna have to charge right after the lil' guys die, hopefully having downed more than a few horses.

Another thing I'm thinking of is that the Tuskgor line is basically tank cavalry, at least from what I've seen them do in the battlefield. They don't seem to do much damage, but they can sure resist quite a lot in turn. So another option would be to have a relatively solid cavalry contingent (say, 10 to 15%) ready to charge into their infantry lines as soon as their own cavalry hits - since the Brets are not that great at handling cavalry, the Tusks might have some success in holding them off till the Knights are mostly dealt with.

Since Beastmen archers are a bit gimped right now, there's not much to do with them, but I get the sense that since they're quite fast, it might also be a good idea to keep them mobile, along with the rest of the light ungor infantry.

Anyway, just some random thoughts to occupy some non-bug space. I'm so glad this update is so, so good (really, the economy improvements are quite the thing) and that it's delivered so greatly.

BTW devs: If you ever want some dialogues or backdrop for the generic companions, I'm up for writing a few up. Just a few (also) generic lines to replace the "I've been waiting for you" thing that can immediately identify them as 'generic' while giving them a bit more personality. :smile:

I'm playing as Bretonnia, and massing infantry-archers is a mistake since your best unit is the cavalry one, they are beasts and the hardest AI tends to focus on them and they are the ones that destroy me any time I fight them. Even with bigger numbers.
  11. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

gsanders said:
    without reading anything, "E" was all messed up.  The code lost everything since "B" or WAS "B"  for bandit spawns at least.

This is "F".  At this point I dont know/care what else isnt working.  I'm sorry I ever worked on this.  I'm sorry for wasting your time.
    Anyway, this fixes E.  I don't like this game anymore, I'm sorry I ever touched it.
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEbjhsS3YxWkNLWkk/view?usp=sharing

Hey GS, I thik you are missunderstanding our role in here, or atleast we are mistaking what we are supposed to do.

I think most of the guys in here, myself included, are here to help you polish this mod. Is this not what you want us to do? Also you are mistaking some suggestions, besides the real bugs, as orders. For example Nameless promptly shut downs all this suggestions for his own vision of the mod, and accepts the feedback. You should do the same.

You got a nice view of what you want of your own mod, of your work and I like to believe that we will help you complete that. Thats why we do what we only know, **** I can't touch your code, I could program a PLC, an arduino, or perhaps a PIC. But I can't help you with your work.

Many of the systems have little to no flaws.

-Bandits for me are now fine. Besides at the beginning you always have the choice to fight patrols, and you should since their are small, give good exp and they are way easier to find. People should kill them at any chance. I feel many people do not understand this and prefer to not fight them because "MUH RELATIONS". **** Chaos, I start at war with them, I won't ask for peace. I will raid their lands and take their lords whenever the chance.

-Fatigue and Exploring are working perfectly for me, gives more sense to having a map and walking around, makes you stop and do something while you wait. Let's you get near that too fast patrol.

-Crafting, Jobs and Guilds are probs the wonkiest, but that's just because of how much it adds. The system is huge, diplomacy levels of huge, perhaps even bigger. It's why I have been focusing myself on leveling this stuff up, and why we find stuff with it. Because we are playing with the system you add GS.

I just think you are taking all of our comments horribly bad, every comment "criticizing" your mod is because here we are, playing your mod, and loving it. You should take every comment as a "we care", and we do. I haven't touch the main mod because now I find it very boring and shallow. Yours is not, but it needs hours of work.

Do you want to continue this? I'm too "wasting" hours just playing your game.

I won't stop you, do what you feel is right.
  12. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Incognico said:
    I had that looting bug again too. Very rarely though. Happened 2 times in about 5 hours: Both times bretonnian scouts. Before it happened I recruited some of the prisoners they had and leveld some units up before the looting screen. I tried again and did neither and no loop happened so I think it might be connected to one of those

Last time I posted about that lumperjack spot in the ocean. I thought I try it out and when I reached it, I got into the chancellor dialog with my portrait. And when I left the dialog I had to fight lumbering spot, haha! It had no units so my troops defeated the vicious ghost logs :smile:
    freaky

EDIIT: Oh and all the combat skills are active again after character creation. Intened for bug extermination or patch A residue? :wink:

Mine happened one after another, I replayed it since I saved exactly after I was teleported and everything went smoothly

Also, I know the prices before for the knowledges were at 700, since they cost 100 now, I can get a ton now. It might be time to retouch some of them.
  13. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

I'm kinda on the fence about mentioning it, since nobody else had this problem, but I noticed 2 bugs come back. And that's the weird part since I swear to god I installed E, and I'm not sure if it's a thing on my end or what, but I'm leaving this in here so that someone can atleast confirm they have gone through the same, or deny it entirely.

After a succesful train in a guild, or crafting something the town menu gets completely bugged, only seen the leave and leave 2 options, and the extra menu. This was a bug in older versions, think A, since I remember commenting on it before too, on my first response to this thread.

Then after I choose to leave I get teleported to I think the same spot inside Beastman territory.

Also the game stuck in a loop on the looting screen is the second bug I noticed it return. The one where you don't stop looting gold.

14. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

I did three middle trainings for Explorers guild on Miragliano, both times the time stopped on what I assume was the 7 hour period, but there was no experience tab, and it never ended the three times. I didn't check if my abilities did get better, will try to repeat the process again later.
  15. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

gsanders said:
    Floriano said:
    None of my old saves are working , will update after I create a new save.

To be VERY clear, old saves = Warsword RIGALE submod, version "A"?
      Warsword Conquest will NEVER work, all the in memory slots are moved around and the items file has many new items early in as trade goods.

A, B and C won't work. D save works fine.
  16. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

None of my old saves are working , will update after I create a new save.

Edit: All of the companions I got have 15 Charisma.
  17. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Nameless Warrior said:
    DeathByRabbit said:
    Out of curiosity: why do they go from using a bow to using throwing weapons?

Honestly I would just completely remove the Ungor Halfhorn line and just make their current lines slightly better as you've already done. They already have Infantry and Cavalry. Troops with 2h weapons will do fine against cavalry I think. So you could give the Raider Champions throwing weapons, shields, and a 1h weapon; this would flush them out very nicely. They would be limited in range battles but they have heavily armored cavalry as it is, as well as skirmishers (Raider Champs) and massive 2h damage dealers with lots of HP and no shield.

Of course, I'm not sure how they would stack up against the other trees currently as far as going up against a heavy archer loaded castle/town.. but their infantry should be a force to fear. They are brutish, rage driven Minotaurs after all.

That is what they are known for, ungors with bows and beastmen (at least in WHQ and when I used to play warhammer) used throwing weapons.

They have a lot of infantry but they can struggle against cavalry nevertheless, especially when they are slightly spread out. Their 2 handed axes only reach so far whereas a really long 2 handed pike may get a knight before the lance gets them. From what I have seen on youtube players who like to play beastmen like to have only beastmen in their armies so the more tools the better.

I think it's unnecesary, they do have a very strong cavalry, the tuskgor is a beast, they might be slow but they aint getting unmounted. Also their infantry is very strong. As some say, they will shine in both planes and hills.

Actually, most of the Beastmen Lords tend to spam their cavalry, so that's mostly what I have been fighting.
  18. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Also, if it's worth anything. **** the saves, it's the testing phase, cheat enabled should be enough to help you try more stuff.

Edit: Yup, crashed almost immeditely.
  19. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Wyzilla said:
    Also so far in my base warsword update game as Chaos, Kislev is getting steamrolled by me. The only thing they have left is their actual cities, all of their castles have been seized by Chaos.

There is nothing you can do if the player gets actively involved, you are the trigger to all the big world events. I for example have been stopping both the Skaven and the Beastman  taking Bretonnia, since the Wood Elves bailed out to fight the Pirates for some ungodly stupid reason. In all of my 3 games they just focus in attacking Miragliano and I see both factions running back and forth through the Skaven/Bretonnia border.
  20. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

To be honest, Skaven should lose in an open field. But them losing to Bretonnia on hills or a forest? Impossible, the only thing you should do is set up an infantry line in front and let the knights get swallowed by the horde. Bring spears and the cavalry will be unmounted in a flash, since their horses while both fast and with high armour don't have the HP to withstand the spears extra dmg to horses. Let your infantry be a cluster ****, and make it rain with your ranged. Skaven have one of the best ranged dmg there is, and their infantry isn't terrible, the plague priests and assasins will make a mess of the knights.

Also about Armour, Bretts have while better armour values than Skaven, their armour isn't top tier or as strong as the best melee races. The Empire for example has better armour stats for all of their elites, and Bretonnia needs their knights strong since both their infantry and ranged suck ass.  Even with the foot knight, who just serves as fodder, you are better off with 20 Lord Huntsman, and a mass of Cavalry than fielding infantry.

Also their bowman are no match for any army, since their dmg will always be weaker, their only saving grace is their rather good accuracy(Downside is that they tend to shoot from pretty far away) and rate of fire.

Cavalry is just cavalry, and it will play like it does in any other mod.
Back
Top Bottom