Search results for query: *

• Users: Davie
  • Order by date
  1. Davie

B Fantasy [WB] GRIM AGE - Skirmish MOD is CLOSED

Monkeys_Uncle said:
    Looking real good so far.
    I know this has probably been asked before, but your models are so beautiful and high-poly, are you going to reduce battle sizes to avoid slowdown?

Or are we going to have to turn anti-aliasing down from 8X?

Keep up the great work,
    8X?  That must make the edges smooth at a molecular level.  Turn it down to 4x or 2x and you'll get better all-around performance with a negligible difference in how the game looks. 

I, for one, would be happy to sacrifice anti-aliasing altogether for these awesome models.  But it looks like we won't even need to do that.
  2. Davie

Malal's been pretty well retconned out, as far as I know.  Some 40k fans will actually flip out if you mention him, which is fun.
  3. Davie

azote said:
    when the beta will be ready???
    Dude, read the FAQ on page 1.  It has all the answers.  :mrgreen:
  4. Davie

Peasant Rebellion Night, multiplayer event! UPDATED RULES

Sounds like fun.  I just have to compensate for time difference...ten hours, I think.  It'll be a morning thing for me!
  5. Davie

Whats going on in you're game at the momment?

Just finished helping Arwa the Pearled One retake the Sarranid Sultanate, which took forever and was a pain in the ass.  Now I'm leading her forces against the Khergits and debating whether or not it's time to finally break off and start my own kingdom.  I have plenty of right to rule, so I think that'll be my next step.  It might be difficult, but I have a winged great helm, and the bonus awesome that supplies may just be enough to let me pull through.    :mrgreen:
  6. Davie

Siege issues.

Wu-long said:
    You sure your not playing a previous save game? O_O
    I don't believe so, but how would that affect things?  I could always try a different save, if that would make a difference.
  7. Davie

Siege issues.

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with sieges.  I've started my own kingdom, and I've been trying to take over a few towns.  However, if I initiate the siege myself, any allies that I bring along don't bring any troops to the battle.  When actually fighting, I'm always on my own.  I can...
  8. Davie

Scenes - Problems, Issues, and Suggestions

I killed some bandits and looted one "third tattered scroll...Serathar...".  It appears to be a book, showing my reading progress and the like, but I can't read it off my my camp menu.  It just doesn't show up on the list of books.  Am I just missing something here?  Or does this need to be fixed?
  9. Davie

Unique battlefields, bridge battles, revamp random generated terrain.

This would be great.  Also, I think when fighting on a mountainside or something similar, rather than generating a lot of small, steep hills, a better option would be to make the entire map sloped in one direction or another.  Likewise, I like the idea of a forest thick enough you wouldn't be able to ride horses through it and the fighting would have to be done on foot.  And some seaside battles would be pretty cool too.  Even better: skirmishes on coastal cliffs.

One thing about the bridge battles, though.  Unless the bridge was over a very steep ravine with a river at the the bottom, it wouldn't be much of a choke point.  Rivers can break a cavalry charge, but one can still cross over them quite easily.  If some rivers too deep to wade across were implemented, this would work better. 
  10. Davie

Improving mounted polearm combat

MountainBlade said:
    Too powerful. You'd have both couched attacks and swings.
    There is an axe type polearm that is classed as a two hander in the game - I think it's the voulge. If you use that instead you'll have swing attacks but no couch.
    You have a point there.  In that case, you could remove the couch attack from the glaive and similar weapons.  It would be like a sword but with a much longer reach, which would be just as good.
  11. Davie

Improving mounted polearm combat

Excuse me if someone's come up with this before, but the other day I was playing M&B and something got me thinking.  My character has a glaive, and uses it relatively effectively on horseback, but can only thrust and couch with it.  One of the things that made long-bladed polearms like glaives...
Back
Top Bottom