Search results for query: *

1. Band of Warriors (Expanded) v1.2 Released

River pirates look absolutely hilarious :smile:
  2. Attacking Towns

I chose to join Vaegirs in my game :smile:
  3. Attacking Towns

Can anyone tell me which towns/castles will for certain allow siege towers? They seem less buggy than ladders, but I've only seen one such siege, and can't remember where it was.
  4. Cavalry kept bloody dismounting without me ordering them to....?!

Usually, this is how my battles against infantry armies end (if I have enought cavalry): a gazillion unmounted horses somewhere on the map, and the single remaining enemy somewhere deep there. There's no way to reach him, all I can do is go away and hope that my A(not exactly)I friends will finish him off.
  5. Zendar armourer

JT said:
    In the .894a500 version of BoW, a feature was added which converted the armourer of Zendar into a complete one-stop shop for all of your armour needs.  This also unfairly unbalanced things, however, for two reasons: number one, the player can now find any armour he wants even at the very beginning of the game -- eliminating some of the challenge of hunting down a full set -- and number two, the armourer is swimming in cash and can buy just about any high-value cargo the player throws his way, whereas normally the player can have some difficulty hunting down buyers for all of his loot.

I enjoy the challenge of set collection.  Is it possible to revert this armourer to Native behaviour and use some other special NPC for this purpose instead?  If a new supplier was placed into the Zendar tavern, for instance, I could safely ignore him while other players could get their fix.

And why can't you "safely ignore" him, now?
  6. Unique Items (Request for Spoiler)

fisheye said:
    It's actually a LOT more powerful than a warbow at very high PD levels.

Warbow: damage 28, PD req 4: max effective PD: 4+4 = 8.. 8x12% = 96%. 196% x 28 = 54.88

Silverwood bow: damage 29, PD req 6: max effective PD: 6+4 = 10.. 10x12% = 120%. 220% x 29 = 63.8

That's almost 10 points of difference at PD 10.

Of course you need your archery up to the 300s at least to use the silverwood bow effectively....

I understand that.
    Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough: with the more powerful bow, I'm havign difficulties hitting targets period. The war bow would give me reliable head shots, the Silverwood sends half my arrows (wildly) off target.
    All that with PD 6 and ~170 bow - I'm starting with a new, bow-oriented character.
  7. Mount&Blade version 0.903 is out!

Warger said:
    The thing is, I like to not have to wander for days and weeks to find a party that i am capable of dealing with. If you can show me where these parties are hiding I would be very happy indeed. :razz:
    I usually go for the mountain/forest bandit groups roaming north of Rivacheg and east of Praven. 10-20 enemies in each, perfect for the low-level hero.
  8. Unique Items (Request for Spoiler)

I've found the Silverwood bow today and I must say, I'm very disappointed.
    Compared to the War bow, Silverwood is shockingly inaccurate (even though its stats are quite impressive). It was difficult hitting a stationary infantry man, let alone do a head shot. My arrows were all over the place.

Has anyone else tried it?
  9. Most feared elite unit

Can someone tell me what the inquisitors are like? I'm yet to see them in action, and won't be able to play M&B till Saturday  :???:

All other elite troops are smashing though! Great job!
  10. BOW v.901a110 does NOT work with M&B v.902

armagan said it would not be backwards compatible when he released .902
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,29341.0.html
  11. Favorite unit type?

I used to be a cavalry man (50 swadian knights - way-hay!), but with new tactics I moved away from that.
    So now it's the Rangers from the BOW mod. Or an archer+infantry mix in vanila.
  12. wrong party size

>> anything but what it should be (i.e. bottom tier troops)

This reminds me of the only game so far (knock on wood) I had to abandon because of this problem. I'm sided with Vaegirs, my party takes a Khergit castle. I apply for ownership, the king gives me the castle, and its village. I go to the village and... x "khergit tribesmen" are willing to join me...
  13. Version 0.901 Bug List

Something weird is going on in my game: I keep seeing battles between lords who belong to the same faction. Right now, a Khergit castle is being besieged by a Khergit army and a Rhodok lord is chasing another Rhodok lord.
    Has anyone seen anything like this??

Upd: ah, that's #14 on page 1. Ok then.
  14. New Nord tree

Hank said:
    Well, it's the fact that Nords are based loosely off of the Vikings who - too my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong - had limited or not cavalry.

I remember seeing mounted Viking units when I played MTW/M2TW
  15. Reject help from farmers

I haven't played any fief fights in 901 yet but my village in 900, Tahlberil, spawned half the enemies in an unaccessible cattle pen. Made clearing out the village rather tricky.
  16. To fight in castle

Quite a few dark knights ride saddle horses for some reason. Not surprisingly, the riding part ends seconds after confronting the enemy :smile:
    If I played an all-infantry army though, I'd try to recruit as many of them as I can.
  17. Howto: Keep Borcha and Marnid out of battles.

When they charge, archers are easy prey for cavalry. I can only take care of so many riders at a time. Someone always makes it to the archers. And then those morons put away the bows, take out their pointy sticks and try and chase the cavalry. Of course, I can try and stay with them but enemy cavalry seems particularly attracted to me, and this hardly helps my archers if I stick around.
    I find that when my missile troops are sitting on a mountain, at least the cavalry charge is not going to happen.

In general, I've stopped taking missile troops along when I'm fighting anyone serious and only pick them up at the castle for fun. Rarely.
  18. Howto: Keep Borcha and Marnid out of battles.

ronin47 said:
    That´s to a point quite realistic. Medieval Armies could happen something like that, too.
    (Knights without discipline rode into the enemy Battle-Line and got got hit by their own Missile-Troops)
    Just give your Archers the "hold position" order (preferably at higher Ground), then lead your Cavalry to point apart from them (behind or at the flanks), when the Archers get in direct contact with the Enemy, let your Cavalry charge.
    I generally made the same experiences like calandale and mfberg. Keep them fighting and they get quite strong.

I've discovered M&B after having spent quite some time playing Medieval Total War, so "hill chasing" using missile troops is kind of automatic :smile:
    However what M&B is lacking is the "hold fire" order. What's the point having your missile troops sitting on the dominating heights and firing away, while the cavalry&infantry from both sides are stuck together in a massive melee in the valley below? I'd love to be able to tell my archers to hold fire until the brawl ends and the "chase sequence" begins :smile:

Also, when I wrote about archers taking out their own troops, I meant archers taking out archers! Very often, archers who'd been ordered to hold position, stand in a shapeless bunch instead of forming something resembling a line.
  19. Howto: Keep Borcha and Marnid out of battles.

Nope.
    Pure cavalry - the leader, companions and NPC troops.

The missile AI does more harm than good: as opponents archers and crossbowmen are deadly. In your party, they, too, are deadly. Mainly while shooting their mates in the back of the head.
  20. Howto: Keep Borcha and Marnid out of battles.

I've recently reinstalled M&B, and decided for once to make Borcha and Marnid somewhat useful.
    I kept upgrading their agility and strength, and after a while ended up with 2 very capable knights: black armour all over, h.charger for Borcha, H.hunter for Marnid, iron shields and one-handed axes. These 2 are awesome now, they can look after themselves, even holding off black nights long enough for me to help them out :smile:

The only party skills I improved were Borcha's whatever-it-was-called-that-increased-your-visible-area, and Marnid's thing-that-got-my-soldiers-knocked-out-rather-than-killed. The rest went towards health, riding and weapon points.
Back
Top Bottom