Search results for query: *

1. AI lords

Since the topic is so general I don't think I'm hijacking this thread but I have a different question about the AI of the lords.  Is there anyway to encourage a vassal to actually leave the freakin' castle once in a while?  I've been playing this game for a long time (8 months?) and the one consistent annoyance that always gets my temper flared up is the random instances of going to the trouble of recruiting a vassal or lord and giving him a castle or town only to see him spend the next 300 days sitting inside it doing nothing. 

Is there anyway to prod him to actually help my kingdom or increase the chances of him moving his butt?  I'm playing Prophesy of Pendor and Lord Andre has literally been sitting inside Mobray castle (not even HIS castle) for the last 200 game days meanwhile my other two vassals are pretty actively engaged in helping me secure my kingdom against the three other factions who have declared war on me. Is it totally random or is there some character defect in Andre but not in my other two guys (who are actually making themselves useful)?  It's a small thing but seriously frustrating when I keep returning to my Lordly Hall and seeing his ugly mug still "resting".  Just tell me if there's anyway to A)Evict him  or B) Kill him.  I guess I could try letting the enemy take it over........hmmmm.

I have seen other threads (months ago) on this but haven't been able to find them with the search terms "Stuck lords"  or "Vassals stuck"  or "Lord not moving"  etc so don't tear my head off. 
  2. Why limits on fief awards?

I haven't figured out why it is that when I try to give a castle to someone, either the lord or castle will often be missing from the list.  For example, I want to give Vyincord and Dramug away (front-lines so hopefully the owners will help me out in my war against the Vaegirs).  But when I...
  3. Two quick (unrelated) questions re: NPC garrisons and Volley Fire

schro69 said:
    Yep, and when I finally conquered the swads, she took control of all of the lands, but the lords I assigned still own everything. She's the "ruler" but not physically located anywhere in the game. After it said they were conquered a thing popped up where she was talking to me, it said NO STRING! I hit Tell Me More and it just went back to the world map, Then a short time later she called for marshall elections and I won. It's so messed up and bugged I decided to abandon that save.

Again, exact duplicate of what happened to me, when I conquered the last castle, all lands were immediately put in her property (Lost about 100 Blademasters/Ivory archers along with a bunch of midlevel guys) I won the marshall election and was given one castle/fief....pretty disappointing...and went and found her raiding Swadian caravans (cuz she joined the Nords)near Senuzgda castle.  I approached to talk to her and she attacked me .  I captured her butt and put her in a dungeon while I went and re-took every castle and eliminated Swadia.  Then I took out my aggression on the Nords and capture their lands too.  She escaped prison and joined the Khergits, so now I'm busy wiping out their empire :grin:  She is bad news for whoever lets her join.
  4. Two quick (unrelated) questions re: NPC garrisons and Volley Fire

schro69 said:
    Oh, I almost forgot. And to add icing to the cake! I am doing the rebellion quest with Princess of Suno and I haven't awarded her anything yet. When my disposition hit -100 with her it said she rebelled to the Nords lol. Funny thing is, she's still in my party and still fights in all of my battles and tournaments.

Exact same problem here (she just kept getting pissed whenever I awarded a settlement to anyone but her and eventually joined the Nords).  At that point don't bother awarding her towns, or if you do, you can keep awarding and besieging the castle (forcing them to surrender each time with a 20 man garrison) for an easy renown exploit. 
  5. Two quick (unrelated) questions re: NPC garrisons and Volley Fire

Yeah, I honestly can't figure out why one sits there and the other is almost TOO eager to go out and do battle.  If Kana were more talented it'd be great to have her out bustin' heads but instead she's just getting repeatedly whupped and making us look bad :razz:
  6. Two quick (unrelated) questions re: NPC garrisons and Volley Fire

Sorry guys, I haven't found a definitive answer to either of these questions on these massive archives of knowledge so here are my two (imo) pressing questions.  I'm midgame and having a blast but I'm gonna lose several battles/castles in the next hour if I can't figure these out: First:  How...
  7. Question about Rebelling

Damn, I'm trying to un-break it but can't figure it out.  Now that I captured her, I can't release her to "release myself from my oath" and noone seems to want to buy her back....
  8. Question about Rebelling

An update:

It appears that I was successful, and I'm guessing the NO STRING message is where she would normally tell me "Thanks for the help, I'm leaving your party with all this sweet equipment and now I'll treat you like any other vassal".  Only....since she was in the Nord faction at the time, if I run into her in the field, I can restart the quest to put her back into power (reconquering all the fricken land I've already done) or recruit her into my party and STILL go to battle with her war party (which still includes a duplicate of her lol).  I think I'm going to take my two castles and one town and quietly try to tiptoe away from her cuz apparently these quests are bugged.  Any more explanation would be appreciated.  Thanks guys.

And again:  I ended up running into her with her 172 strong war party in the woods near Senuzgda and she attacked my 110 strong band of mid-level recruits.  I captured her butt and am gonna throw her in jail, is there any way to get her back running the Swadian empire like she's sposed to? 
  9. Question about Rebelling

I have a similar question, except mine is a little more complicated.  I took on the quest to restore Princess Isolla of Suno to power in the Swadian Empire.  Somewhere along the way, she got really mad at me because I gave too many fiefs to my lords and not enough to her and she joined the Nordic Faction......WHILE SHE WAS IN MY PARTY!  I had a bit of a laugh, cuz anytime I award her a fief now, it belongs to the nords, but since she's in my party I can just besiege the castle and intimidate them into surrendering and re-award the castle. 

Anyways, I finally took all the cities and hunted down the last of the Swadian Lords and I was successful, but upon the message that I destroyed the Swadian empire I get a message from Princess Isolla saying "NO STRING!" which I assume is a bug.  What is she supposed to be telling me?  Is the bug caused by Native expansion or just because she is technically in the Nordic faction or what?  I'm planning on restoring another heir to power next....
  10. OSP Code QoL One Stop Tax Collection Mod - Collect taxes from all your holdings by visiting 1

I just used this little tweak, but I have an error I need help with.  After collecting my first round of taxes (2800 denars :grin:), the very next town I went to gave me the same message "You have gotten the accumulated taxes from your fiefs etc" but it said 0 denars and the continue button.  This lead to an infinite loop sorta problem where the window won't close no matter how many times I click continue.  Did I do something wrong?  I'll have to reload my last save and try again but in the meantime.....
  11. Sorry-Help me re-find this mod

Thanks for the quick reply.  Are you considering adding it as a feature in EATRC?  I ask because the reason I started this thread is that I actually got confused and thought it was in EATRC and seceded from the State.  So far I've taken Mourne and held onto my other holdings but I'm stretched way too thin (I also have to protect Reindi and Unuzdaq castles).  I'm doing fine at defending with my army of Sunset riders and other pistol cavalry but I think I'm gonna get rocked if I switch out my horsiesfor a siege army to take some more land.  I'd like to be able to leave one of my heroes in charge of Mourne with the cavalry and go recruit some ground troops to start expanding.  I'm going to go read around and try and find some advice for a good siege army in EATRC.  Thanks for the help thus far.
  12. Sorry-Help me re-find this mod

I currently am playing Eagle and Radiant Cross (loving it) but I remember being excited about a mod that activates a lot of new features upon rebelling:you can assign castles/towns to your heroes and make them lords and have multiple armies etc.  This is the feature I'm looking for but somehow...
Back
Top Bottom