Search results for query: *

1. ScreamingCommie

SP Native Modern The Parabellum (WW1 in Calradia)

The Archduke of Hell said:
    Oh boy, what a ****show this thread has devolved into! 15 pages of nothing but arguing; Surprised the admins haven't locked it yet, I would were I in their shoes.

Yeah, I haven't seen a thread get this cancerous this quickly in a while.
  2. ScreamingCommie

SP Native Modern The Parabellum (WW1 in Calradia)

Gonna go out on a limb here and say that the parabellum has advanced to the point where it is no longer a red wars submod and no longer under our open source agreement, with the exception of the code.

I'm not going to make a big deal about it, but you're on your own

VC24 said:
    God forbid you guys share your toys. "Community" actually means "place to wave your mods ****" on this forum, and for what? No one collaborates, no one shares, Dead mods resurrect years later only to tell people in search of borrowing assets "MY MOD NO DEAD! AM STILL MAKE! YOU SEE! NO BORROW!" and then disappear off the forum for another 4 years...

Yeah you guys are heroes for *****ing about meaningless media you cant be paid for, instead of spreading your work around the community to advertise your talent. Then maybe we'd actually get people to team up together to make something worth while instead of mods tagging us along for 5 years and then releasing a only a **** map pack because "Devotion to quality," "it will be done when it's done," "I'm only one man guys come on."

But instead you use this as an opportunity to go "HEY! THATS MINE! I MADE THAT! HEY EVERYBODY! YEAH EVERYBODY! I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I MADE THIS! YES IT WAS ME AND NOT HIM! IM ACTUALLY THE COOL ONE! ME! HOW COOL RIGHT!? I DIDN'T SAY YOU COULD USE THAT! I MADE THAT AND I'M THE MODELING/TEXTURING MASTER, NOT HIM!"

**** christ guys.

^^^ This sonuva***** wins the internet for the day.  ^^^

3. ScreamingCommie

SP Modern [WB] WW1:Europe

Buddy, you're in way over your head.
  4. ScreamingCommie

OSP Code Combat Grenades and Explosions (Originally by Beaver)

jacobhinds said:
    Whoa, didn't know ti_on_missile_hit had a parameter for the shooter. Nice find.

Yeah, there's all sorts of cool **** you can do with triggers. it's always awesome when you find something new.
  5. ScreamingCommie

OSP Code Combat Grenades and Explosions (Originally by Beaver)

Hi everyone, I don't know if this is worthy of its own topic, but here is a fixed version of Beaver's grenade script that has existed http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Grenade here for a long time. Thanks to the help of DuskVoyager, I have made a fixed version, that is also much more user friendly and...
  6. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

actually, san guevara is still in. I said including stuff, not cutting.  :wink:
  7. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

Not exactly,

what is going to happen is we are going to include all the factions from imperial age, but keep the red wars political cartooniness for all of them. Basically Red Wars but with more factions.
  8. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

We have a solution, unfortunately some things will have to be scrapped. Before making a decision like that we should of checked what players wanted before hand. I'll make a news update about it later.
  9. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

With some adjustments they would probably work, what we have now is a good base.
  10. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

maintaining two radically different modules is a turd though, and not something that I want to deal with. If we had 8 more people it may be worth trying, but  with our team size it's simply not worth it.

You are right, it is hit and miss, but all things like this are. Point is, for those who don't like it there are several mods that are coming out that will offer serious industrial age experiences (battle for Yugoslavia and blood and steel to name a couple).  But the fact that red wars doesn't take itself seriously is what really sets it apart and it's what a substantial amount of people, maybe not a majority, but a lot of people like about it. I don't see the point in removing that aspect from the mod.
  11. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

From what I've seen, from this poll comments and reviews, is that people are very mixed about what they want from the lore. it's not that I'm against a serious take on the mod, it's just that most warband mods take that route, and since we do not have a massive financial investment in this mod, why not take a risk and do something else?

Also work on the art side of RW has stalled, but bugfixing, feature additions,  and other codey stuff is still going on. Also maybe potentially vehicles.

@Frenzied did u make that post before or after we had the map discussion.
  12. ScreamingCommie

The Reckoning is now OSP!

Thank you so much! This will help keep the warband modding community alive for years to come.
  13. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

SeanBeansShako said:
    So why can't you guys just work on both mods as seperate projects under the same banner?

Clearly looking at the poll the long term results might be more or less 50/50. Last time I checked, the state of the current module is pretty solid in needing of some bug fixes. The same sort of scripting and coding can be used both modules now.

That's what I wanted to do originally, but we thought it would be good to get players opinions on the matter before we make a decision like that. It's interesting how divided people are on the matter. I just hope it doesn't end up being a tie.
  14. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

Sillyness probably wasn't the best term, what I mean it's like a playable political cartoon.
  15. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

Some people find the b-movie feel, some dont. that's why the votes are so split right now.

EDIT: B - movie sillyness isn't the best term, you guys are right. Red Wars is more like a playable political cartoon.
  16. ScreamingCommie

Lore debate thread

That's sort of the issue, you take it way too seriously. A little b-movie silliness is what makes red wars great.

EDIT:Yeah B - movie sillyness isn't the best term, you guys are right. Red Wars is more like a playable political cartoon.
  17. ScreamingCommie

Great mod! Review inside!

Sunny Beach said:
    If you love any of the following :

1 Hilariously bad combat ( Starting battles with your+enemy armies spawned inside eachother - Rampant fist fighting )
    2 Bugged troop appearances ( Masks/helmets levitate feet away from the soldier who should wear it )
    3 Broken Sieges ( See the first entry )
    4 Broken AI ( These men are clearly not trained in the use of explosives and will often play hot potato with you )
    5 The possibility of moose cavalry?
    6 Broken Tavern Hosts ( They seem to think they're your companions, they must've been tasting the supply )
    7 No leaders ( Apparently every kingdoms leader is a follower of a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vassal of another kingdom, which is a vass- you get the gist )

Then this will probably be enjoyable for you, but not for me.

This mod also seems to be heading in a more silly direction with the apparent addition of moose cavalry, so if that's something you don't want to be part of, I would suggest turning away from this forum as well.

I understand that this is very unfinished, emphasis on very, and is not in a playable state. My suggestion is, that if you're looking for a well-made mod then this is not the one for you, although bug hunting is quite easy as they're everywhere.

This mod has the potential to become something great, with work. The guns seems well-made and the building models, uniform, and weapon models seem nice as well.

I agree with your review, much bug fixing is in order as well as tweaking mechanics. However if you do not like the direction the mod is taking as far as atmosphere and theme, this is what I have to say.

ScreamingCommie said:
    On the subject I only have this to say.

We're modders, we dun gotta follow da rools cuz we dun hav investors/publishers to plz.

In case people haven't realized...Red Wars is a non-serious, B-movie esque mod about radically different ideologies clashing. We like it like that and many of our watchers do as well. To me, it's what sets Red Wars apart from most other warband mods and why I love working on it. There is a lot of things to criticize about this mod, but criticizing it's realism and historical accuracy is like criticizing a dark comedy for not being a gritty war movie. To me when people do this it shows to me that they totally missed the point if the mod and I just read over those comments.

I do agree about replacing the Ak, it does break the game world a bit and feels out of place. It was a gift that we got when the team was only two people. I am confident now that Red Wars is at great enough strength to mostly sustain itself. In the future we will work on replacing gifts and osps that are out of place with our own stuff.

However if people want a serious industrial era mod I strongly recommend the upcoming Battle for Yugoslavia and Calradia: Blood and Steel 1870. I'm sorry this mod is not what you were looking for, but the theme is not going to change anytime soon.

Maybe less comment space can now be used to improve the mod instead of trying to turn it in to some thing it's not. Tbh I did not expect this rant to get this long, but hopefully it helps clarify some things.
  18. ScreamingCommie

Council Chambers: Ideas & Suggestions

As far as controversial stuff is concerned, I think red wars has hit the sweet spot. Just right
  19. ScreamingCommie

SP Modern 20. Century Mod For Warband

No thanks. I know over at Red Wars we haven't been that active, but this is uncalled for.

I understand you don't have the best English skills and that's okay. But you're not gonna get our source code if you can't show that you're a competent scripter, and actually have a chance to do these things.

Would a native Turkish speaker please translate the above for him, I'm not sure I trust Google translate.
  20. ScreamingCommie

Council Chambers: Ideas & Suggestions

PPQ_Purple said:
    kadargo99 said:
    I've already said this before on Mod DB, but psuedo - Israel would be a sweet edition to the roster
    I disagree. Not only do they not fit at all into the period but frankly we don't need the whole Nazi vs jew dynamic drawn into this.

This guy is very very smart.
Back
Top Bottom