Search results for query: *

1. Halbard

Why is swadian weak?

Why play into Cathar's strengths and not your own? They are very strong in close combat due to their Greatswords and decent plate armor. They're piss poor at ANY range due to the lack of bow or shield.

I also play Swadia, and their strength is versatility. They don't have any one weak troop type in their army composition. This does require some positioning to get the most out of them though. This means Archers on higher ground away from the melee, Infantry in formation near the base of a hill (to slow their mounted charge) and the cavalery on a far flank to work as the Hammer in the hammer and anvil tactic.

With this, I can beat Cathars 1:1 with mid tier troops and only suffer minor casualites.
  2. Halbard

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Quintillius said:
    Yeah there needs to be a better balance between item stats. But that's such a time consuming process that I tend to delay this every time.
    The best thing what could happen is someone here offering help to rebalance all items.
    Although I only got a rough idea of finely balancing each item, I'd be willing to check on it and at least look at the most extreme cases.
  3. Halbard

Bug Reporting HQ

Archers/crossbowmen have the overwhelming habit to fire over their target. Something like 90% of their arrows always overshoot even at medium range. REALLY annoying  :neutral:
  4. Halbard

Bug Reporting HQ

More than once I found that in battles, certain group hold position near a fight for no reason, letting them be able to be sniped from close range or just stalling the fight for no reason. In one instance, their enemy was a line of archers just 10 meters away, but they held position until they were all killed by arrows in the span of a few minutes.

EDIT: If you try to buy supplies or cattle from an enemy village by talking to the elder directly, even though he says "No way!", you'll still be able to.
    EDIT2: The option to exclude certain companions from tournaments doesn't seem to work.
  5. Halbard

How to fix corruption??

The full list of features has information about corruption, how it happens and what to do against it:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/400yjulv87ieq5j/Full%20list%20of%20Features.pdf?dl=0
  6. Halbard

Ideas & Suggestions

To s(t)imulate technological advancement which is partly based on date, the years start going by faster. It's explained in the Main topic.
    Until 1650, it's 1 year a day. After that, it's 1 year per week untill 1695 where it's the default calender.
    You can change this in the camp under Options.
  7. Halbard

Bug Reporting HQ

Found a few bugs in the latest 4.0 release:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4pg0h6582bnjl9/bug%201.png?dl=0
    Lord is stuck trying to travel through this point

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mssdqo93ulpixr/Bug%202.png?dl=0
    More than once I found two cannoneers for hire at the same time

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qf7xfwm3nylb8wn/Bug%203.png?dl=0
    A few errors that popped up. First ones was an ambush my those extremist knights in a village. Second one was buying supplies from same village which had a sacred skull.

Also, is it correct that building enterprises isn't always profitable? I completed a masterwork cabinet, and a carpentry shop would actually lose 49 Florins a week for me (Praven).
  8. Halbard

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Quintillius said:
    2) Nah, someone here around dared to say the Cathars are easy. So I might
    give them firearms and cannons.
    Specifically about this point, I don't think it's their weapons that are lacking, rather their armor, and perhaps their stats. A (albeit cracked) black plate armor having equal stats to my mail with tabard does seem a bit underpowered for knights. Especially as I was able to take on war parties with mid-tier units almost 1:1 size and come out with only a few casualties.

Plate armor in general need a look at. Although maybe not the most apt example for this mod, in the real world you either had a blunt weapon to inflict concussive force, try and stab between the open parts with great difficulty or simply tire the wearer out until it could no longer fight. An increase in protective stats along with a weight increase might be a good compromise in this situation.
  9. Halbard

120K in the coffers, good troops, all wanted companions bought. Next step?

Cheers everyone. I've somehow taken up on everyone's advice to some degree.

- I've let Avendor sail for now, and instead went through a period of peace as a Ravenstern vassel. This gave me time to jack up relationship with my given fief and invest in a few enterprises. Also increased my troop limit a bit.
    - Sarleon declared war on Ravenstern. I took this opportunity to scout out Valorshield and Whitestag castle. I sieged Valorshield due to lesser defenses.
    - I let my archers chip away at their health, and upped my own archery skill in the process. If an enemy stack came too close, I lured a Jatu army to disperse them. Eventually captured the castle and did the same Jatu tactic if it was sieged.
    - Shortly afterwards the Sarleons made peace and the Fierdsvain declared war. I used this time to round up prisoners from weakened Jatu trains and beef up my castle.

Fierdsvain are a bunch of PITA's to fight with their axes. Also, their castles are mad stocked with garrisons. Ironoak is at 550 right now. If I attempt to siege any of them they just sally forth forcing me to retreat.

State of the map:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suh7rw2f5xer1y1/Warband.png?dl=0
  10. Halbard

120K in the coffers, good troops, all wanted companions bought. Next step?

After Merc'ing and Vassaling with the Sarleons, I got a big ass payday ransoming enemy lords back to the enemy. My coffers are overflowing with money, and I've already outfitted me and my companions with some very good gear. I've hit my troop limit I can party with at ~115 right now (all good...
  11. Halbard

Perisno Q&A + FAQ

Are there any wolf mounts in the game yet?
  12. Halbard

PW4 Beta 2 released!

Just an announcement thread, seeing that the update thread's title didn't change. Major highlights include: -Requirement of food to be able to rest for full health. -Fishing -Farming wheat, grounding it into flour for bread or used to create beer -Addition of Silver/Gold mines -Wine making...
  13. Halbard

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Eldmor said:
    Amazing, going to update the server soon.
    Excellent. Be aware that maps haven't yet been updated with the new stuff though
  14. Halbard

Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Excellent changelog. I hope that people will do various serf tasks instead of iron/silver/gold mining 24/7 because it has the highest profit:time ratio. Although I'm guilty of that too, it's just a lot cooler to see serfs doing different labor around the land than only seeing them going in and out of the mine. I hope that the payout for the other various jobs is rewarding enough to consider them iver mining though.

EDIT: I do hope there's some kind of message to the player, when a chest doesn't lock because it's not fully repaired. Otherwise people may leave the chest open inadvertently, and have the loot taken by random people. The health of the chest doesn't appear unless you actively damage/repair it.
  15. Halbard

EU_NL_RP - Main thread

Excellent server. A welcome change from the dreadfully BORING and OVERPLAYED Scene 7. No offense to EU_A as that's also a fine server. But Scene 7, although well designed from a gameplay perspective, gets very dreary the longer you play on it. EU_NL's Scene 2 is visually exciting due to its variations of geographical layout/content, pleasant lightning and building placement.

The server had plenty of admins when I was on, so I suspect it's either during NA times or EU working times that there's a slump in enforcing rules.
  16. Halbard

[Poll] NA_PW4_RolePlay Bi-Weekly Map Change Vote 10/10

When will the map change? Be best if it's done when there's a few people on (Now-ish) than when peak hours are.
  17. Halbard

Firearms VS Crossbows, what to choose?

Before creating this thread, I have skimmed through the first 3 pages of the forum, and used the search function to no avail. I'll be searching for them again though. Thanks for the reply.

If anyone has something to add, please do :smile:
  18. Halbard

Firearms VS Crossbows, what to choose?

So, a rather simple but crucial question for my playthrough: Should I go Firearms or Crossbow? I'm already planning on being a Sword and board knight with polearm and Xbow OR firearm character on foot. I'm withholding spending points on either until I can make up my mind. Trouble is, I know...
  19. Halbard

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

How about the Trainers skill in Castles/Towns though? Do recruits get trained up when housed there every night?
  20. Halbard

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

I have to say thanks to those that have already answered my previous questions, great stuff guys!

Another one: What exactly is the use of training up your Stewards/Village elders?
Back
Top Bottom