Search results for query: *

1. Are there any Total Conversions based on VC?

kalarhan said:
    your first idea would be a TC for Warband, not VC.

I am talking about ancient Mediterranean mod which would support sea battles, many types of ships and other VC features. Yes, complete change of game settings is needed.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know only VC support sea battles with ships maneuring and boarding.

2. Are there any Total Conversions based on VC?

Actually, I have a good idea about conversion of VC:grin:
    It would be good to make a conversion about ancient Mediterranian - Peloponessian Wars or Wars of the Diadochi or something like that. With trade, lot of fractions, sea pirates, etc. But of course ship models overhaul is the most difficult part.
    There are another conversion idea - just change the map (exclude Britain, add whole southern Baltic coast and northern Russia) and add one more nation with its own troop tree - Slavic.
  3. What you guys think of these custom sails?

These sails are beautiful). By the way, it would be good to make a custom viking sail with raven on it. :grin:
  4. B Dark Ages [Item mod] Horse Armour (very basic version)

It seems download link is dead again :ohdear: . I am very sorry I didn't download this mod while link was still alive.
    Maybe you can upload the horse armour file to www.mediafire.com instead? It's a free service and it can store files for years.
    By the way, pity there are only round shields in VC. Oval (or hexagonal, or rectangular) big celtic shields could be a nice addition to the game. Please forgive my impudence :smile: .
  5. B Dark Ages [SubMod] Brytenwalda Armor Textures & Peasent Woman Tree overhaul

Pity that download link is dead :sad:
    Maybe you can upload this mod to www.mediafire.com instead? It's a free service and it can store files for a years.
  6. B Dark Ages [Item mod] Horse Armour (very basic version)

Download link doesn't work. Perhaps its outdated again. :ohdear:
  7. SP Antiquity [WB] Dawn of Man - Reborn/Redone/Remastered

Dear Developers! Can we poor players hope for playable beta-version to be released soooner or later, please?
    By the way, I desperatly want you to make onehanded and twohanded maquahuitles (a swords made of wood and obsidian) as one if top cromagnon weapons in the mod (maybe it would be good to make such swords unique - for player only) :lol:. And maybe also to make sword made of bronze (or meteorite iron) and good armor (bronze armor or maybe linothorax or kind of quilted armor) as a easter egg would be a good idea? :smile:
    Sorry for my poor English,
    Cheers)
  8. VC Reforged Mods: Design your own features!

I want to suggest some additions to the game (items, mostly).
    Celtic big oval shields (or hexagonal, or rectangular ). It’s quite boring to have almost exclusively round shields in the game.
    Throwing axes - must demand less Power Throw than javelins (0 or 1), more speed, less distance, causes cutting damage.
    Leather (or rawhide) helmet reinforced with thin iron stripes. It must be considered light armor (around 25-30 armor).
    Helmets with figurines of wolf or boar on the top.
    Any helmets without cheekpieces and/or face masks must not give penalties to power throwing and power drawing.
    Gaelic belted plaids - kind of light armor. Belted plaids were used by Gaelic (Irish and Scotch) people from 700s until 1700s. Plaids were worn without any trousers, of couse (in ancient times even without shirt - just plaid and nothing more).
    Leather clothings for Northmen sailors (shirt and trousers). Leather cap (about 15 armor).
    Historical accurate two-handed Danish Axe (I have found information about such mod, but the link didn’t work).
    I wonder if kite shields were in existence then (such shield could be nice addition to the game). They say in 11 century kite shields already existed.
    Please forgive my poor English).
  9. Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

kraggrim said:
    I was looking for the part that designates where the tillerman spans recently for something else and couldn't find it, so can't help there.  Could probably reduce the amount of men spawning on skieds if you think that would help.
    People on skeids are packed too tight, because the skeids in the game are narrower than snekkjas (which is neither reasonable, nor historical accurate), so the number of men spawning must be reduced to about 30 (maybe even less). That will help, but I don't like that solution for obvious reason.
    Making the new model with broader hull for skeids may also help, but that probably would be much more difficult than changing the entry point for personal character :lol:.
  10. Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

kalarhan said:
    Bustrofedon said:
    Yes, my FPS are low.

tweak may work, but if the FPS is too low that is unlikely. The game doesn't throw you from the side of the boat, it thinks you are not in a boat at all (flying in the sky) if it misses the position calculations. As a consequence you are pushed down (falls) to the land (which so happens to be at the bottom of the river/sea).

another way to improve things is to use a lower battle-size (less people and ships). Or use auto-combat instead.

I use lowest batlle size already (and auto-combat isn't fun at all). Tweak will surely work. When character near the mast of Skeid, he will not fall overboard while ship turns or collides even if FPS are very low (I tried this sutuation few times). But it's very diffucult to move near the mast when Skeid is full of people (I managed it roughly 1 time of 5). That's what I'm talking about.
    So, the question is: can somebody help me with this tweak (place an entry point for personal character near the mast of Skeid)? Which .txt files must be modified, and which strings?
  11. B Dark Ages Viking Conquest - Reworked Environment [RELEASED v1.0]

Nice texture replacer, but mead halls and lord's halls are too dark inside. Some item icons in inventory are too dark also.
  12. Tweaks for Viking Conquest (one for 2.028, others for 2.021, 2.012, 2.010 etc)

Yes, my FPS are low. My computer is very old and I cannot replace it, so please don't suggest to lower graphical settings to me anymore (my settings are lowest possible). I still think that place an entry point for personal chracter near the mast is a good idea, because it's almost impossible to move the character from the stern or bow of a Skeid on board of enemy ship and fight (even if character avoided drowning), unless enemy slays most of my men.
  13. Star Wars Conquest Mod for M&B 1.x and M&B Warband

My Star Wars Conquest 0.9.4-relcand also crashed on startup during the "loading setting data".
    Replacing the original M&B 1.011 mb.fxo and running SWC in Direct 7 mode didn't help. Set graphics settings on lowest also didn't help.
  14. Troop Tree

Confederates: volonteer(foot)--> regular(foot) --> sergeant(foot) 
                                                                        |
                                                                        --> scout(horse)

Women: woman --> camp follower(foot, rifle) --> camp defender(horse) --> camp rider(horse)  -->
    sharpshooter’s sister(foot)
  15. Troop Tree

Can somebody post a full troop tree of this mod v0.9.1, please? And please don't forget to mention which unit is infantry and which is cavalry. It isn't easy to guess sometimes.
Back
Top Bottom