Search results for query: *

• Users: Zod
  • Order by date
  1. Zod

SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Ser Yearger said:
    I only want a to know if there is any texture pack or anything to make them like look the normal ones. In the earlier version the Lannisters looked like the Lannisters from the TV show.

Not hard to do. In Morgh's editor give the troops items #598 (Lannister light plate) and #610 (Lannister helmet) and remove their current ones. That's what I did for the veteran westerlands longbowmen. Note that those items will probably have different stats than their current items; I know the vet longbowman's current helmet is worse than the Lannister helmet so changing them makes them the "superior" longbowman.
  2. Zod

Kjertesvein said:
    Go to Marketplace.
    Sell Items Automatically.
    Change Settings.
    Sell Items When Leaving Automatically [Check box]
    Leave Town. http://i.imgur.com/ijl1UIb.jpg?1
    Never worry about this again.

It could be argued that this could be described in the after battle loot menu, because a lot of people seem to be unaware of this feature.

I know about that feature and use it all the time. What I want is the old option to choose a value threshold for the item pool so my companions don't fill up on junk loot. We used to be able to set a value so we could leave all junk behind.

Might not be too bad if I could figure out how to delete items from a companion's inventory. For now I have to trade that inventory to myself, close that screen, open my own inventory, drop the items, go back to their inventory, trade more junk to me, close that screen, open my own inventory again, drop the items, repeat ad nausem. It's either that or constantly running to a town to sell junk for pennies.

MentalMiggy said:
    Tournaments
    So far I haven't yet fought in any tournaments that utilize horses.  Which makes them feel a little similar to the arena training.  Are there any plans to implement this, perhaps even for the richer towns to have more elaborate tournaments/jousts etc.

1.1 tournaments were the best. Everyone used their own equipment which always included horses and you could actually joust. It felt a lot closer to the tournaments of the books and series even if it was difficult to tell teams apart.
  3. Zod

ds4433 said:
    WilsonMG said:
    For the love of the Seven, how do I stop having my companions loot everything after a battle?!?  It used to be an option to set a value threshhold or to tell them to leave that trash lying there, but it seems to be gone now (why?!?).  Cleaning out trash from their inventories got really old, really fast.  I'm close to calling it on trying to play this mod again until this is fixed.

You don't need to clean it out. That's what "sell items automatically" is for. They'll just dump all of it off to the merchants of whatever town you're at and you'll make thousands of extra coins over your playthrough.

I've been looking for it too. I used to set it so my companions didn't loot anything under 200 gold but can't find that option now and they wind up filling up with tattered hats worth 15.
  4. Zod

linker109 said:
    Can someone please put this mod on the Steam workshop, you would make me sooooo happy!
    :smile:

There would be a very real chance you'd have to pay Valve for it in the future.
  5. Zod

How do commissioned items work? I went from version 1.3 to 2.0 and apparently 1.4 added them. Is it what I'm hoping and I can commission lordly armor, masterwork swords etc. or is it something different entirely?
  6. Zod

viperswhip said:
    It would be nice if we could just set the troops to patrol, that way you could put in your own nice mix.

You can. That's what I originally did. Talk to your castellan and you can set a patrol from your garrison. You can have a patrol of 200+ heavy knights if you want.

I just don't think they'd accomplish much. A massive patrol, like 500+, might chase lords away. In my current game Myr has a patrol of 547 troops that everyone runs away from.
  7. Zod

KidStein said:
    Zod said:
    Is there a way to prevent patrols you send out from getting annihilated, or at least lasting more than a day? I've sent large patrols out and they disappear within a day, one even made up of 150 troops (levies) I recruited myself.

Are patrols even worth sending out?

Isn't it kind of obvious that a patrol of just levies is going to be destroyed fairly easily? :razz:

Well it first happened with much more expensive troops I trained myself, then after googling the issue I heard that autocalc doesn't take unit quality into account like it should and large armies of cheap troops works just as well.

I can try a large force of 200+ levies that I train myself a few levels and see what happens but I'm asking if others have ever had success with patrols because it seems like the game doesn't support them very well.
  8. Zod

Is there a way to prevent patrols you send out from getting annihilated, or at least lasting more than a day? I've sent large patrols out and they disappear within a day, one even made up of 150 troops (levies) I recruited myself.

Are patrols even worth sending out?
  9. Zod

"An independent faction has ceased to exist" and it's House Targaryen, at 566 days. I haven't done the Illyrio quests and haven't seen that faction anywhere. I didn't even know it existed yet.

What's causing this and does it prevent them from invading if I do the quests?
  10. Zod

Stravask said:
    Because they're not bugs, they're features that you don't like. With any initiative, you can modify them yourself.

With the exception of that text error regarding Caladria, he, and anyone else complaining, is literally saying "This isn't how I want it so fix it", when you can do it yourself, and without much work, and set it exactly how you like it.
    I've done it a ton with my version of ACOK already.

I'm just saying, if you're going to come on here and say "I don't like this", say you don't like it, and why. Be helpful. Give feedback, not complaints.

Don't come on here and say "this 'needs fixed' because it's obviously broken, because it's not how I want it to be and I don't feel like figuring out how to change."

Assuming Cozur cares about his mod's fanbase, I'm sure he'll make some changes to accommodate the people who dislike the random events/high troop costs in the next update. But, speaking as someone who does his own programming work, I can tell you right now, thought went into deciding stuff like what random events should do, or how much troops should cost. So, I don't know about him, but after putting thought into it and having some guy come on here and say "wow that's stupid why would you do that fix it that's not my job" when it (literally) would take him less than a minute to change it to his personal preference...

Well, let's just say that's rude.

Ok then how do you disable random events? I can use tweakmb and morgh's editor but there's no random event options. If the answer is "coding" then no it's not pretty easy to change ourselves.
  11. Zod

Cozur said:
    Most of the lords of Westeros, and the noblemen of Essos, seem to treat septons as little more than a nuissance. Apologizing to them, rather than just ignoring them, seems somewhat out of place, and not something a "strong" (emphasize that however you want) man or woman would do.

In a way I agree with that. A few noblemen and lords in the books regard them higher but when you look at a house like the Lannisters they don't regard them at all really. They're there to issue religious edicts that support their causes.

I think though it might make more sense to gain honor, even a tiny bit like one point. An honorable lord would be a lot more likely to apologize, or better yet not wrong them in the first place. Maybe a gain honor/lose renown vs lose honor/gain renown outcome, and only tiny amounts because it's just a septon.
  12. Zod

Snuff_The_Rooster said:
    Said sorry to a septon I had wronged on the road and lost 5 renown.
    Bloody hate these random events.

Yeah why does apologizing to a septon make you lose renown? And why are you wronging septons on the road anyway?
  13. Zod

Brokenstring said:
    HazeNY said:
    I started a new playthrough, deciding to aid the one true king. We finally got King's Landing and he's going to give the damn thing to Axell Florent! Is there anyway to make it so that the kings after King's Landing actually get it in future updates? Honestly, I wouldn't mind that much if Axell wasn't such an axhole.

Yeah the kings never keep king's landing for themselves

It's a reminder that we're playing Warband and not Game Of Thrones.
  14. Zod

Dissmaster said:
    itm_sword_repent Dark_Sister Dark_Sister 2  sword_repent 0  sword_repent_scab 3458764513820540928  4194306 9223388564182532111 20000 0 2.000000 30 0 0 0 12 37888 106 0 104 0 295 37
    40 48

What do i have to change, to change the value of a swing/thrust with the sword?
    Want to make it more powerful.

Use morgh's editor. You can change much more than the damage and it's easy to do.
  15. Zod

ThegnAnsgar said:
    Use Morgh's Editor if you want to change items with the text files easily. Changes to items will indeed require a new game.

You don't need a new game if you change item stats with the editor, you just have to make sure that you save each individual item after you change it's stats or they don't save. You have to change item stats, save item, click another item, change stats, save item, etc. etc. until you've changed all the items you want, then save the file.

You have no idea how much time I wasted changing item stats one by one but not saving each time.

But no you don't need a new game. You will see the changed item stats in your current game.
  16. Zod

kadaeux said:
    Zod said:
    HazeNY said:
    You know, 1.3's troop pay really takes me out of the game. It doesn't seem worth it when businesses make little money and the sergeants that cost 71 gold have such weak stats. 20 men essentially costs thousands.

You can easily change troop pay yourself with tweakmb. It's worth it. It even tells you what the default values are so you don't have to guess. Troop costs otherwise are astronomical and unsustainable unless you are constantly raiding and warring nonstop, and it doesn't seem to affect the AI.

Then would you say 10% over default with 30% - 50% over default for "mercenary" units such as hedge knights etc?

10% sounds fine (but if you're going to increase 10% then why bother increasing at all?), and I don't use hedge knights or other mercs so I don't know what would be a good cost for them. I don't like merc costs even at default. I only use levies and castle/town volunteers that I train myself, and I keep training high on my character and all companions so I never really run around with levies.

EDIT: Actually tweakmb says merc units are already at 50% over default, so maybe you want 50% over that.
  17. Zod

HazeNY said:
    You know, 1.3's troop pay really takes me out of the game. It doesn't seem worth it when businesses make little money and the sergeants that cost 71 gold have such weak stats. 20 men essentially costs thousands.

You can easily change troop pay yourself with tweakmb. It's worth it. It even tells you what the default values are so you don't have to guess. Troop costs otherwise are astronomical and unsustainable unless you are constantly raiding and warring nonstop, and it doesn't seem to affect the AI.
  18. Zod

Gandolaf said:
    It is still not fitting for knights to use spears over lances. Lances are spears for everyone with money. Knights are heavy cavalry,it makes much more sense to use lances. Knights wielding spears also looks dumb.

It's why I'm not using 1.31. What I might do is download it and see what new speeds the two-handed weapons have and update my 1.3 manually. I don't like the idea of wood handled weapons not being able to parry but I can fix that, but I don't think I can fix great lances replaced by spears. I'm not sure about that. I greatly dislike that replacement. No knight would use a spear on horseback, or even on foot.

Spears and clubs are peasant weapons, for levies and farmers.
  19. Zod

Great lances are replaced by spears? Is there a changelog that doesn't have a nerf I will hate? I frigging hate spears and am in the process of replacing spears in knights' inventories with great lances so they're proper knights. Spears are peasant weapons, the most primitive of primitive weapons, and they don't do much damage.

Plus the great lance is my single favorite weapon.

I guess I could just keep the item_kinds1 file from 1.3 if I want to use 1.31.

(edited above because 1.31 does have good changes, but I already made them myself. My item_kinds1 file is modded to include things like increased polearm and two-handed speed and increased damage of two-handed blunt weapons like mauls which for some reason do less damage than a one-handed mace while being so slow they look like slow motion)
  20. Zod

Cozur said:
    Large armies are tied to high levels by cheating.

Interesting. Does that only affect the saved game or does it affect characters that have been exported from a cheated game and imported to a new one? Not that I've cheated but I'd like to know.
Back
Top Bottom