Search results for query: *

• Users: HLM
  • Order by date
  1. HLM

Some secrets you may not know!

Hah, funny you should post that (I was hoping someone would!)

I made Falheim, and I placed 7 skulls hidden around the map (when upgraded to Castle Town). See if you can find them all!
  2. HLM

B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

So I'd like to try this mod, but there are a few problems.

I'm running the Steam version of Warband. I've copied over my installation to a new folder (..\Steam\steamapps\common\mountblade warband PL) and installed the mod in the modules folder as the instructions say. However when I launch Warband (from the exe in my new folder) I do not see Polished Landscape in the mod list.

I only want to play Native and my saved game with the new look of Polished Landscapes, so I tried "Warband 1.132 Native " posted by Captain_Octavius above. Copied the files to my new installation, and again nothing.
  3. HLM

Hero Submissions (4th Wave)

That's really strange. So there's not a single character in the game who uses a 1hander and 2handeer by default?

I guess if they can only have one or the other i'll have to settle with the Maul for Slaver Harold, and the Khergit sabre for Bernhardt.
  4. HLM

I see. We'll I'll let you decide what to do with those extra points left over. You've probably got an idea of what sort of characters I was going for.. not that the stats will really make a whole lot of difference, I think..
  5. HLM

Custom Settlements City Add-On 0.675+3

Ah, you've added my settlement? Well that'st nice to hear.

Would have been nice to have had my heroes to go along with it (see heroes thread!) .. . if only I remembered to submit them.
    Oh well, maybe next update.

[Edit] I don't think I ever did release an updated version of my settlement, with the bug fixes I made.
    I've uploaded the latest version of Falheim here: http://rapidshare.com/files/429918552/Falheim_update1.zip

I've copied the contents of my "changes" txt file below, however I haven't touched it or the settlement in nearly a year, so I can't guarantee how accurate it is, if I've missed some things out or whatever.
    Maybe one day I'll go back and look at it properly and see if there are any more bugs to fix, but right now it's been so long I can't even remember how to get into edit mode off the top of my head.

CHANGES SINCE RELEASE:

E0M0
    ----
    Moved Entrypoint 23
    Deleted floating steam/knife

E0M2
    ----
    Added hut in prisoner camp

E2M0
    ----
    Moved fence
  6. HLM

Oh hey, I remember this mod!

I was sad to see niether of my heroes were posing in that screenshot you just posted.. but then I realised I never submitted any heroes!

I've made two heroes, and shall post them now. I think everything is as it should be, but forgive me if I've made some mistake - I'm just posting the contents of a Notepad file that I made over half a year ago..

Slaver Harold

Lev 4
    Male
    0x00000008d3045194129470b95a82389c00000000001d972c0000000000000000

114 itm_saddle horse (heavy)
    128 itm_pilgrim_hood
    129 itm_leather_gloves
    137 itm_hide_boots
    265 itm_maul
    321 itm_mace_3
    363 itm_tab_shield_round_a
    452 itm_tunic_redplaid

Stats
    4+(Lev+14)=22

STR: 11
    AGI: 3
    INT: 2
    CHA: 6

Skills
    4+INT = 6

Power Strike (STR) 1
    Riding (AGI) 1
    Looting (AGI) 1
    Prisoner Management (CHA) 3

Home: Falheim (Empty50)
    Behaviour: Bounty Hunter
    Talent: Watchful Eye
    Faction: Mercenaries

["npcXX","Slaver Harold","Slaver Harold",tf_male|tf_hero|tf_unmoveable_in_party_window, 0, reserved, fac_commoners,
    [itm_tunic_redplaid,itm_hide_boots,itm_leather_gloves,itm_pilgrim_hood,itm_maul,itm_mace_3,itm_tab_shield_round_a,itm_saddle horse],
    str_11|agi_3|int_2|cha_6|level(4),wp(10),
    knows_prisoner_management_3|knows_riding_1|knows_looting_1,
    0x00000008d3045194129470b95a82389c00000000001d972c0000000000000000],

Bernhardt The Pure

Lev 30
    Male
    0x00000003ff04158826d494c8d4a5a69b00000000001d2b5a0000000000000000

116 itm_courser (heavy)
    144 itm_mail boots
    281 itm_sword_of_War
    316 itm_sword_khergit_2
    386 itm_tab_shield_small_round_c
    441 itm_tunic_redapron

Stats
    4+44 = 48

STR: 12
    AGI: 9
    INT: 12
    CHA: 15

Skills
    30+INT = 42

leadership (CHA) 5
    Prisoner Management (CHA) 5
    Inventory Management (INT) 4
    Surgery (INT) 4
    Wound Treatment (INT) 4
    Tactics (INT) 4
    Trainer (INT) 4
    Ironflesh (STR) 4
    Power Strike (STR) 4
    Riding (AGI) 2
    Persuation (INT) 4
    Shield (AGI) 2

1H Weapons:
    2H Weapons:
    Poleamrs:
    Archery:
    Crossbows:
    Throwing:

Home: Falheim (Empty50)
    Behaviour: Chivalrous
    Talent: Vigilante
    Faction: Peasants
    Banner: If possible, see avatar
  7. HLM

Neverending feast

Just bumping this thread, as I've just encountered the same problem.

Any ideas on a fix? Would it be at all possible to end the feast by messing with the script files or something?

A couple of things I noticed with this bug:

You can still ask your wife to host a feast - however she tells you that perhaps you should wait for the current feast to end.
    Instead of saying "I lift a cup of wine to your health, PlayerName!", Lords will say "Let us lift a cup of wine to our host, PlayerName"

[Edit] I seem to have fixed it!

I spoke to one of my companions and told him to start a new campaign and assemble the army. The second I did that, all the lords left my castle, and my relation with all of them went up. Unfortunately, it looks like they were in such a hurry to leave that they left all their wives and daughters behind!
    Still, at least we can get back to business now.
  8. HLM

What Now?

Ok, the clear a few things up:

I've already got all the companions I want, and they and myself are all kitted out with nice equipment. All that's left to do there is collect all the best (lordly, masterwork, etc) stuff when it comes along and I can afford it.

I've got good relations with all the Swadian lords, though I'll continue to raise my relation. Relation with my town of Veluca is 90+ and the villages are ~60. Their quests don't come around too often. I've got a wife and hold feasts often.

I have about 300 troops in my garrison, and 55 in my party. Like I said, I can afford to pay and feed them by trading, selling loot and prisoners, etc. What's annoying is I'm not earning anything from my fiefs. Everywhere is poor. From reading around the forums, it sounds like this is a bit of a problem, and something that can't be fixed. There is nothing you can do to increase your town's prosperity. The best it'll go is Average, and then back to poor the next day. Caravans come every now and then. The roads are all clear. I keep the whole Kingdom free of bandits, but the traders just don't comeas often as they should, I guess.

Now as for starting my own Kingdom, that'll be the ultimate goal - I just don't want to renouce my oath and throw everything away just yet. I want to wait until I'm at war with another kindom, while still loyal to the Swadians. One thing that might drive my character into denouncing the King would be if I seiged a castle and the King decided to give it to someone else - then I'd get the option to rebel and keep all my towns. That would fit into my storyline, I think. Of course for that to happen we need to be at war with someone, and there's the chance my good friend King Harlaus will just keep giving me all the castles I ask for..

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Weathereye said:
    If I were you I'd try the Swadian claimant quest if you haven't done that - you can easily justify "betraying" the King if you are role-playing and you believe the claimant is the rightful king or queen.

I had thought about this, and quite fancied Helping Arwa take over the Sarranids, but of course I have to drop my oath and lose all my towns. Yo'ure right about me not wanting to betray my King!

Abriael, I might just have a look at your suggestion. Sounds ideal.
  9. HLM

What Now?

I'm currently on day 346. I'm a vassal of the Swadians, and I'm bored. When the game started, the Swadians had a bit of a war with the Rhodoks. They fought for a bit, they lost one of their towns and then peace broke out. There hasn't been a fight since. The Nords and Veigers are always going...
  10. HLM

Typo Thread: Post typo errors you find in SP game here

I think the one about Rolf is correct.

I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be just a bit humorous. Rolf thinking he's all important. Don't forget it wasn't uncommon for sons to have their father's names.
  11. HLM

Typo Thread: Post typo errors you find in SP game here

I took a look through a few pages of this thread and didn't see any of these errors. I hope I'm not posting too many that have already been posted!

12. HLM

Ah.. About the "Python not an internal or external command" error.. Looks like I had the wrong drive letter in the Path environment variable.. Running the modules does now indeed create a bunch of .txt files that look suspiciously like the final game files.

The only problem now is my cut'n'paste hack job of coding module_triggers achieved nothing but a bunch of errors when starting the game.

I think I'd best just go to bed now before I cause any more damage..
  13. HLM

(Just typed out  long post, only for me to hit the wrong button and lose it all. Needless to say I'm not amused. Following is a short version).

Downloaded the Module System and Custom Settlements source code a few days ago to try and figure it out. Couldn't see where the heros' starting position was referenced - now I see it clearly in module_triggers.

Trying to figure out the Module system. I made my changes to module_triggers, but then don't know what to do. Assuming code is compiled and should end up as txt files.
    Tried to "run" module_triggers, and ended up with a bunch of header_ and ID_ files. Running the build_module.bat deleted those files and just gave the error; "'pyhon' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
    Assumed it was something to do with the Path environment variable (as explained here) but I seemed to have done that correctly..

Will try and see if I can learn a bit about the Module, System, but would be nice if I could get help on this issue. Right now I'm not interested in mod development - just testing my hero in the game.

If you think I should just submit my hero now, let me know. I just guessed it's going to be a while before I see the next release of the mod and wanted to try my hero out for myself beforehand..
  14. HLM

Well, I'm a bit late to the party here..

I've finally got around to creating a couple of heroes to go with my settlement, Falheim. However, before submitting them, I'd like to test them myself to make sure they are OK. The problem is, I'm not sure how custom heroes are actually added.

I was able to use the Unofficial Troop Editor to add them as custom troops, but I didn't know how to assign them to a settlement and show up in the game.

All the code that everyone has used in this thread to submit their heroes - Where does it actually go?
  15. HLM

Custom Settlement Screenshots

To remove the trees from your map;

you can change the terrain code to remove all the vegetation without otherwise altering the terrain.

to do this use the following instructions:
    1. find your terrain code number from the scenes.txt or modules_scenes.py file
    2. paste it into the terrain generator ingame
    3. lower the vegetation to 0 and copy the new terrain code number

Or alternatively, search the forums for "removing trees".

Bit of a pain to get rid of them, but there you go.
  16. HLM

First Try ;)

Remember that while Empty50 has been taken by some users already, there's nothing stopping you from using it. If your settlement was included in the mod, it'd just be placed elsewhere. The only downside is someone might recognise the terrain, the shape of the river etc from different scenes.
  17. HLM

New Settlement - Falheim - Now Testing!

Thanks, it's been a little while since I've touched my settlement, or Mount & Blade at all. The truth is I've been spending a lot of time on quite a few other games. My settlement is updated and ready to be re-released. All I have to do is create a couple of hero characters.
    But all that isn't a lot of good until the next version of the mod comes out..
  18. HLM

I need help with my new settlement

Berpol said:
    crashed the game (again) when I tried to move all objects at once.

I heared that if you select all but one object and then move, you won't crash. Never tried this myself though, and don't know if whoever originally tried that was just lucky that it was just one less object with his particular settlement.

Also I've crashed before when simply selecting everything at once (Ctrl + A) without even moving.
  19. HLM

Ashfurt!

Press the hlp button to see a list of keyboard commands.
    Hold the Z, Y or X keys while moving the mouse to rotate an object around that axis. Doing the same with the U key rotates it parallel to the ground.
  20. HLM

Ashfurt!

Well Like I said, you can edit the scene youself and replace the building with another one. You should read the Scene Making Guide thread for more info, but the basics are;

First you will probably want to backupt he original Ashurt. In your mount and blade\Modules\Custom Settlements 0.675\SceneObj folder, look for scn_custom_settlement_e1m1_41 and back it up.

Start the game with cheats on and in windowed mode (you can toggled windowed with Alt + Enter)
    Ride into Ashfurt, and when inside press Ctrl + E.
    Select the offending building and delete it. Choose another from the list of objects and place it. When you leave the settlement you will be asked to save.
Back
Top Bottom