Search results for query: *

1. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Nameless Warrior said:
    Shields are not very trolly though. I plan to increase the armour and hit points of all the big monsters and add some chaos dwarf troops to the troll parties. If they are going to give that much renown, xp and gold then they players should have a fight on their hands.
    This might be a little too much to ask but there's another way to make huge units stronger than adding armour and HP. Have you ever seen how trolls operate in The Last Days mod? I mean that AOE attack that sends foot soldiers flying.
    That would be very trolly.
    Like I've said though, I'm not sure how hard would that be to implement and if devs of TLD would enable you guys to use their code and whether it would work at all but it's a much interesting options than adding zeroes to the stats.
  2. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Yifeng, are you sure about that whole AD 1516 thing?
    If yes then consider changing polish-lithuanian faction. Commonwealth of Both Nations came into being in 1569.
    Furthermore you can't have fully developed winged hussar formations in 1516. Hussars were light cavarly back then (no armour, no helmet, they had peculiar shaped shields though).
    Check out this article about a battle between Kingdom of Poland and Grand Duchy of Moscow
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Orsha
    That painting is held more or less historically accurate as far as armanent for that period goes (not sure about particular tactic portrayal though).
    For more pictures of armours from the period you can also check polish wikipedia page
    https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitwa_pod_Orsz%C4%85_%281514%29
    As far as heavy cavalry goes Kingdom of Poland around 1516 employed standard western european approach.
  3. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

I bought a boat in Marienburg by accident (it happens lotsa times cause "Buy ship" is where "Leave" is in most cities) but this time I couldn't get off. Instead I managed to sail on land for quite long time until I got to Pirates' lands and were prompted to disembark every half a second.
  4. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Remy `the great` said:
    it´s the chaos that is OP
    Protip: shoot at it until it dies.
  5. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

While trying to conquer orcish town (Iron something) this happened.

Only about half of the forces made it through the gate, others passionately hugged the wall just at the end of the map.

Also I weren't able to take screenshot but after knocking dwarven king unconscious in tournament I got about 299999 or something exp. Probably that wasn't intended.
  6. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

TastyMints said:
    Bikeseat Sniffer said:
    Do keep in mind: we complain because we care. If we didn't care we wouldn't waste our time trying to write insightful comments, we would just ignore the mod and do some other things. If you can't take the pressure just split the thread into two: bug reports and feature discussion and request and simply overlook the latter. Just don't give us that "I do it for free" bull****.

If you care you should see that del is asking for patience. It's a small group of people working on something in their spare time and this sure isn't paying their bills. I don't want to turn this into a big dramatic thing but your post is exceedingly harsh and you're framing what del said all wrong.
    Have you omitted the part where I wrote that noone is expecting fast progress? I might've missed something but no post since the release of the beta contained complaints along the lines of "why this and that isn't done YET". In other words noone is horsing the devs.
    There is a possibility I have somehow misunderstood or overinterpreted the whole "I'm doing it for free" thing. Context pointed in that direction though. Like I've said noone pressed devs to release updates faster, there were only bug reports and complaints about balance (and feature requests) i.e. critique. "We do it for free" argument is often used when someone tries to justify creation's faults. Everytime I hear that argument I can't shake the impression I'm being told "you got this for free so quit yapping and be content with what you were given even if it's crap". That's not to say I think mod is crap. On the contrary, I'd say that with couple bug fixes it's already one of the best fantasy themed mods ever released. Still after seeing skaven cities I'll be eagerly waiting to see more of what devs can do.
  7. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

del said:
    and then sharing it with you for nothing.
    Aaand you blew it.
    Listen up. If you make **** mod people are not going to worship you simply because you give it for free. Free is not an argument (or should I say feature) at all. Already many people me included complimented you on the parts they like and enjoy but there are some issues which need to be resolved in order for the mod to reach it's full potential.

Noone is expecting it to be done in a matter of days (although some quick bugfix patch without any new content would be nice). However don't go expecting people won't complain about things you did wrong (or just the things they think you did wrong) when you put your work before the public.

Do keep in mind: we complain because we care. If we didn't care we wouldn't waste our time trying to write insightful comments, we would just ignore the mod and do some other things. If you can't take the pressure just split the thread into two: bug reports and feature discussion and request and simply overlook the latter. Just don't give us that "I do it for free" bull****.

That being said some goblins and skaven are simply moving too fast and as damage is calculated with speed bonus it goes up to unreasonable values sometimes. If there was a way of disabling speed bonus on foot maybe that would solve the most striking balance issue we have now.

As for bugs my horses aren't recovering from their lameness and I sometimes see myself spawned in tournament on the other team and the clone is not doing anything at all. Not sure if bug or a feature but goblin flails hit horses for additional damage like spears do.

I'd also love to ask how does additional charge damage work? Similar line to "your horse took additional damage of 35 cause he got hit with a pointy stick" is shown rarely when I charge. I'm using blazing sun charger, maybe I need bretonian or elven horse with about 43 speed in order for that to be more frequent? It occured mostly when I was charging night goblins.
  8. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

del said:
    It looks like Freelancer is causing half the bugs we have if we can't fix it we may have to take it out.
    I do hope these are fixable but even if they aren't I implore you to reconsider taking freelancer out. It's one of the best things that happened to Warband ever and aside the bugs it makes this mod really fun to play for me at least. That and it's such a immersive feature, like you start with basically nothing of worth, not even a horse so first you have to get a job, like join the army so they give you experience, gold and weaponry and then you can start your own campaign and warband with the feeling that you are a war veteran or hero which makes much more sense and because you've actually done it, it sucks you in.
    It also allows you to exlore the armies of each faction without putting too much time in raising your own, it's very nice feature for total conversion mods overall.
    Worst case scenario just write a list of firepower units and what guns are given to them so we can cheat and buy appopropriate weapon each time we lvl up (I won't be seeing those 44k for 7 barrel any time soon with pay of 190 or something per month).
  9. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

Thank you for your work on the mod, amazing improvement over preview version!

I saw people reporting bugs so I'll drop few myself:

While freelancing for dwarven lords (not so sure about the others, only tried with master engineer) I can't get blackpowder weaponry. Crossbows and axes are distributed just fine.

There are some animation issues with dwarves aiming crossbows or handling any other two handed weapons. One hand is grabbing air instead of weapon but I guess you'd be aware of that were you?

The tomb lord companion dialogue is broken in the last part where he's dictating his price and it appears as something like BROKEN TOKEN something.

Dwarves repeat their cries of joy after victorious battle far too many times. It's like every single soldier is saying something.

Custom dwarven warcries while swinging weapons are a nice addition but I'd rather it's either just the native ones or just the custom ones. I'm not sure if that's bug or intentional or maybe it's the only way custom cries could've been added
  10. Bug Reports: 1.6 (Alpha)

Hi, great work on the mod!
    What about the bracers of gauntlets though? It's pretty consistent so I don't know if their lack is a bug or a feature? Like for example the stripped gauntlets (the one from landsknecht's set - for the record though if you want to make zweihander only unit it would fit more to name it doppelsoldner) should cover the hand up to the elbow but in this mod it ends on the wrist. If that is a feature is there some way to change it easily (like paste some line of text or change 0 to 1 at some point)?
Back
Top Bottom