Search results for query: *

1. No character shadows!

Thanks for the help. I'll try it out.

It doesn't make a lot of logical sense that AA would cause shadow maps to no longer render. Design flaw in the engine perhaps, and I know the developers are not expert graphic programmers so this is entirely possible.
  2. No character shadows!

Hi all, For some reason I can't get any character shadows to render in Mount and Blade, but in Warband they show up! Things to consider, I have absolutely no mods installed, completely fresh from the installer. I've tried mods, like the HDR mod but that didn't work (yes I did the read-me)...
  3. Optimized version of shaders for SM 3.0

You'd have to show me the ASM difference for me to believe you, because technically I simply don't see that as being possible.

I should make very clear that I haven't tested your mod, so of course, my words have little weight in regards to this mod specifically. I'll do some tests when I get home.

Glad to hear there are some professionals around here too. :smile:
  4. Optimized version of shaders for SM 3.0

Sorry to ruin the party but ...

Recompiling shaders to a HIGHER number does NOT increase FPS. Infact, it actually DECREASES performance.

The reasons are highly technical and can be explained via review of how GPUs respond to the lower level compiled code in regards to shader model.

What you are experiencing is a placebo effect by "the higher is better" idea - and that's just not the case. A higher shader model gives shader authors (me) more room and technically, more instructions and additional methods to create 'more realistic' effects.

If you would have optimized the shaders, you would have instead, lowered the instruction count (which you can see in FXcomposer) with the SAME visual output. Often times, you decrease instruction would along side with quality.

So, if you want to get dirty with these shaders and make them actually USE the additional room that SM3 has over 2, then learn HLSL and get to work! :smile:
Back
Top Bottom