Search results for query: *

• Users: erock25
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Recruiting special units from towns you do not own.

I think if you are the leader of a faction that you should be able to recruit the special units (ivory archers, einharjar, etc.) from towns in your empire that have the required building even if you let a lord run that town.  You're-a the freakin king!
  2. Can you only have as many lords as you have fiefs?

So far it seems lords jump ship from my kingdom after a few days of not having a fief.  This is strange because the enemy factions have a lot of lords without a fief.  If this is related to my relation with the lords what do I have to get it to in order for them to not leave if fiefless?  Also...
  3. Question on special recruitment buildings

Can I get a little more explanation on this part of number 62 in the list of added features? "Each faction's type of building is limited to only 2 in the entire game.  This means the player can build ONE additional recruitment building in the town of their choice, but they are expensive and...
  4. Best infantry with guaranteed shield?

So whats the best infantry unit to use if I'm just looking for a line of infantry to hold off arrows?  I'm trying to find the best way to take Khergit towns and I think mass ivory archers with a line of infantry with a larger shield in front of the archers would be the best bet.
  5. Is it possible to increase the 32 different types of units limit for your party?

I have heard from multiple sources that the answer is a no, but people usually follow that up with a "but I'm not 100% positive".  So yea has anyone looked into this extensively or thought about making a program similar to battle sizer that could possibly remove this limit?
  6. Do companions skills make a difference when they are in their own raiding party?

When I tell a companion to form his own raiding party and he has a 3 in surgery.... does his army get that 12% bonus in units being wounded instead of killed? If the answer to that question is a yes, would it be possible to have more than one companion in a single raiding party so that their...
  7. Has anyone tried increasing the amount of different kinds of units you can have?

I haven't played vanilla MnB in a while but I don't really think upgrading multiple different types of units was a problem.  With Native Expansion you can only upgrade from about 2 base types at a time though because of the extended troop trees.  So has anyone tried to increase the amount of...
  8. to the mercenary or anyone who knows

I didnt want to hijack the suggestions topic so i figured i'd just make a topic. I know nothing about programming or how to mod except a few simple text edits but why can't the AI be modded?  Are they hidden files or something?  I think I read something about hard coded before but what does that...
  9. quick question on files within mod

i think i may have been extracting wrong and i have two files (item_kinds1.txt_20081217_165758 and item_kinds1.txt_20081217_
  10. do companions in raiding parties level up?

if they dont level themselves up do they at least gain exp?  if not is there anyway this could be done?
  11. can i get the changes to the code to .523?

i make a few of my own tweaks and i have had to re edit them in a bunch of times with these last bunch of patches.  if .523 is a relatively simple change from .522 could someone post the changes?
  12. suggestion for new mod to try

ok so all i have played so far is native and the native expansion mod.  i'm looking for a new mod to try out but there is so many of them.  any suggestions of some really good mods?
  13. thinking about trying out this mod

is now a good time to download and try it out or is there a save game breaking update being released soon? edit: well i just downloaded to give it a try anyway.  there are two folders in the download... chronicles of talera and chronicles of talera 1.10.  do i extract 1.10 into the original...
  14. question about patch .516

i made a few changes to the text files myself from the 82 tweaks thread on the general forum.  i think i added cattle following with lord AI, being able to garrison your named companions, and a few other things i cant think of right now.  will this patch overwrite these changes?
  15. two questions (archery accuracy and sieges)

1. how do i edit the files to make arrow accuracy better?  i'm using native expansion and it makes the arrow accuracy horrible but besides that its pretty good. 2. how hard would it be or is it even possible to edit the castle and town siege locations?  i think its pretty stupid that you cant...
  16. help me with some coding.

so on the regular mount and blade forum theres that 82 tweaks topic where it tells you how to tweak some code yourself.  one tweak in particular makes companions have no interactions and therefore they will never leave you because of other companions you have.  heres a link to the tweak thats...
  17. so theres no engineer companion?

i just started using native expansion and i cant find artimus anywhere.  i have found jinnai that says hes an engineer but has no engineering skill.  is there any fix to this?  sorry if its posted somewhere but i searched and couldnt find anything.  also whats up with achilles and keveron(sp?)...
Back
Top Bottom