Search results for query: *

1. What do you most want to see in the next major release of NE?

DamienZharkoff said:
    Lord Samuel said:
    On a side note, Nail Bunny, don't boast too much about being "lazy". Lazyness is indeed a capital sin, for which you might burn in everlasting fire. :smile:

I love how helll is fiery.... Honestly, Why doesn't anyone depict hell as a cold, desolate snowy plains? I think living eternally cold and lonely would be far worse torment then eternally burning with a bunch of other people. Theres only so much pain you can take before you get used to it XD

Also, willl there be a possibility of picking how a unique player troop tree branches? Or will it be pre determined?

dante's inferno's innermost circle of hell is depicts hell as cold.
  2. Dark Knights is a crippled faction?

Yea the DKs took one castle near ichamur.  I smacked them down a bit as the Khergits beat them in a fight or two and they were gone.  I think they could use maybe 4-8 more lords.  I feel like with those numbers they could take the castle they spawn by and hopefully move on to the closest town and take it as well.  Are there any scenarios in anyone's game where the DK's took a good portion of land?
  3. Starting a new game. Need some adive please

I usually roll into battle with about 60 elite rangers, 40 ivory archers, 40 champions, 20 einharjars, and 40 sergeants ( they usually have large shields), and about 40 cavaliers.  Against enemies, other than khergits or dark knights, I rarely even use my cavalry.  I just find a hill, set up the archers, set up the line of infantry in front and f8 a few times to both the archers and the infantry to make them stand closer.  The AI usually tries to flank slightly with their cav wedge so I readjust infantry line accordingly as my archers and myself are sniping the hell out of them.  I usually try and shoot the lead guy in the wedge (usually the lord but not always) because their formation breaks and they retreat for a second and reform.  Even if their cav makes it to my line of infantry and gets a good charge in I rarely have any casualties.  I don't know if its because sergeants sometimes carry braceable weapons or what but usually only 2 or 3 horses make it through their line alive.  If i'm getting bored with this tactic I usually have my cav follow me and sweep in a wide arc around the enemy so as soon as their archers start to stop and shoot and get separated from the rest of their force I ride them down from behind.
  4. Diplomacy and Popularity - Trade Agreements, Alliances, Protectorates, etc.

Democracy?  Are we going to have to set up health care systems as well?  I highly doubt a faction with a warring king will be democratic. 
  5. Recruiting special units from towns you do not own.

I think if you are the leader of a faction that you should be able to recruit the special units (ivory archers, einharjar, etc.) from towns in your empire that have the required building even if you let a lord run that town.  You're-a the freakin king!
  6. Can you only have as many lords as you have fiefs?

I personally own Reyvadin and three surrounding castles.  So I guess I should give away two of the castles just so I can then recruit some lords that won't leave if they don't get a fief.
  7. Can you only have as many lords as you have fiefs?

So far it seems lords jump ship from my kingdom after a few days of not having a fief.  This is strange because the enemy factions have a lot of lords without a fief.  If this is related to my relation with the lords what do I have to get it to in order for them to not leave if fiefless?  Also...
  8. Mail & Plate (Prince armor)

Oh that explains alot.  I always wondered why my princes died so often.
  9. The Sallet Helmet textures broken?

It's been that way for me for a long time on this mod.  I assume that's what it looks like.
  10. Best Ranged Unit ???

Feanaro said:
    Define best. Marksmen (Vaegirs) are probably the best pure ranged troops in the peasant line. Elite Rangers (Swadia) aren't as good at shooting but they have good combat skills. All around fellows.

From the special troops, Ivory Archers are the best pure archers. However, Elite Arbalestier are covered in armor and quite beastly up close. Great for sieges.

I'm pretty sure the elite rangers have something like a 12 in power draw which I think is a lot better than the marksmen of vaegirs.  I didnt even think ivory archers had a 12 in power draw but i havent had any since the latest patch so im not sure what they have now.
  11. Question on special recruitment buildings

So if i conquer all of the capitols I will have access to all of the special troops?  Am i correct in assuming, as long as no lords have built the second building, that I then could build a second halls of glory in one of the noncapitol nord towns, a second council chambers in the non capitol rhodok town, etc.?  What I'm getting at is there is no limit of 2 special recruitment buildings TOTAL for the players faction..... its a limit of 2 per type of building?
  12. Question on special recruitment buildings

Can I get a little more explanation on this part of number 62 in the list of added features? "Each faction's type of building is limited to only 2 in the entire game.  This means the player can build ONE additional recruitment building in the town of their choice, but they are expensive and...
  13. Companion AI

no.... a companion with a bow in the first slot is still considered as infantry on the battlefield.
  14. What is the strongest Lordly Plate Armour?

stormrage said:
    tl;dr but Lady Larktin's Armor(and sword, shield, gauntlets, greaves, horse) are by far the strongest in the game. It's very hard to get them too for obvious reasons.

Where is lady larktin and how do I take her stuff?
  15. Which troops do you want to see go away?

the vaegir noble line.  praetorian commander > prince in every single stat i believe.

edit: i just checked troop tree topic and it doesn't list praetorian commander.... are they supposed to be in .570?
  16. Best infantry with guaranteed shield?

So whats the best infantry unit to use if I'm just looking for a line of infantry to hold off arrows?  I'm trying to find the best way to take Khergit towns and I think mass ivory archers with a line of infantry with a larger shield in front of the archers would be the best bet.
  17. Is it possible to increase the 32 different types of units limit for your party?

fisheye said:
    You could still work around it by hooking up a secondary party. Interface would be tricky though.

Could you elaborate on this a bit?  Do you mean something like the battle sizer?
  18. Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

How about a somewhat customizable troop tree for your own factions villages?  I think having to go to different factions villages to get the troops you want is more of a hindrance than a balancing issue.  I think it should be set up so any base class can be chosen for recruitment in your own villages or maybe even a completely new troop line for your own faction.  A lot of the more recent additions to this mod are really focused on running your own faction and having their own troop line would really make your own faction feel unique.  This could also be a chance to have a completely balanced troop line.
  19. Is it possible to increase the 32 different types of units limit for your party?

I have heard from multiple sources that the answer is a no, but people usually follow that up with a "but I'm not 100% positive".  So yea has anyone looked into this extensively or thought about making a program similar to battle sizer that could possibly remove this limit?
  20. Do companions skills make a difference when they are in their own raiding party?

When I tell a companion to form his own raiding party and he has a 3 in surgery.... does his army get that 12% bonus in units being wounded instead of killed? If the answer to that question is a yes, would it be possible to have more than one companion in a single raiding party so that their...
Back
Top Bottom