Search results for query: *

1. Is it possible to invite the clans from fiefless kingdom in future patch?

Unless Realm of Thrones changed things to keep them around, defeated factions clans still do hang around, they constantly, independently, declare war on me as well, which is dumb.
  2. Installing mods are pain - To many different files

Use Nexus' Vortex or another mod manager, you can just drag the zip file into the managers.
  3. SP - General Command and Control

I support this big time. I don't know if a mod added this in Warband or if it was a basic feature, but you can tell your companies to patrol anywhere. I tried using one mod but there was an option for them to support the garrison and that just got them to stay in the castle, wheeee.

With hideouts constantly respawning (seriously, let us have an option to control the rate or something), we need to be able to tell them to patrol. You can't just give villages to lords anymore, at least they would defend them.
  4. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops I hate other lords summoning my companion parties

I get mad at this as well, but then I remember I am constantly calling the "companions" of other clans into my army all the time, so I live with it.
  5. Is M&B Banerlord EA the weirdest game development experience ever?

If they've actually fixed pathfinding in sieges then this game will have finally surpassed Warband in my eyes.

I have an embarrassing 4k into Star Citizen, it went in in drips and drabs since the Kickstarter. Ah well. It is a fun game to play though, even just running around my ships is fun.
  6. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Well, I mostly command, so I get my army set up and let them fight, I sometimes go help trouble spots, like Caesar did. So, you make some money of looting, and tournies, that's how I funded my businesses. Still, I've gone back to 2.2, that's my favourite version of the mod.
  7. B Medieval Fantasy A World of Ice and Fire: The Known World

It's all looking good, on the Nexus there are a couple of game of thrones mods up, but this is the one I am waiting for.
  8. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

I will ask, is there a prison door on Dragonstone, and if so where? Lol
  9. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

For those experiencing poor economy, ya, I miss trading a bit, have you checked in the camp option and make sure to turn off the diplomacy economic changes? I found that businesses make a bit of money there. Having said that, it's not a lot of money, the return seems to be baked in at 20 weeks or so (4500 gets you around 220 per week) before you get a return, it's worse for the dye works. The secret is, don't buy them at all unless you are going to play that long. Generally I feel like I won around day 300, so it's worth it, the dye works is about 25 weeks. I buy whichever one makes sense, and hope it will payoff, but I don't buy them straight off, I prefer to take my first town first, which happens around day 60-80, so, I need my money to get set up, like hiring the Unsullied guy and generally like to buy good armor and an armored horse if I get unlucky with looting. Keep your party to companions if you can and get into fights and take all the loot for yourself, the don't care.
  10. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Blacktyde Castle seems to be missing the prison door, or it's there, you just can't enter it.

Oh and please, do something about jails with the bars on the cells, it takes me normally one or two minutes for find a spot to talk to lords in them, morally I just strafe slowly while hitting F repeatedly hoping to spark the conversation.
  11. Hi Camilli, if you helped or did the design for Braavos and Dragonstone, great work. Umm, may...

Hi Camilli, if you helped or did the design for Braavos and Dragonstone, great work. Umm, may you please help me discover where the prison door is on Dragonstone? Lol For KL, well, mostly I up athletics to deal with stumbling and to run away a little faster, but having KL as the Capital, it's...
  12. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Okay, I have played deep into a game in 6.2 and lurve it, but a few things.

1) Spies are useless other than as relationship counselors. I did a few tests as I generally just siege over time rather than storm a castle, since I think the initial assault stage (text) doesn't take surgery into account. So, 20 spies v. Tyrosh, can you get in? Can you nerf the food? Can you make them puke on the well water? Let's see...I had 3 spies left at the end, one burned the food but died trying to poison the well, and the 3rd last spy managed to get in and poison the well.

That's a little harsh. Maybe you can make a charisma based espionage skill that boosts their success chance by a certain amount, because they seem to be around 1/5 for each task of getting, in and then another 1/5 for actually doing anything, and then like a 1/10 chance for being discovered even if they are not doing anything. So...10 in the skill gets you to like 1/3 or 1/2 for each step? What do you think? Because now I just use them for getting relationship boosts.

2) Most of the castle chests when you take a city are empty, even KL, I guess I could do this myself, but maybe a Kingsguard armor or something in there, maybe an arming sword with slightly better stats in some castles, or scimitars down in Dorne or something, even if it's vendor food, it's nice to see something in there.

3) Camp defense, maybe have the enemy spawn in all their troops, in, I don't know, the same rate as your reinforcements spawn in, as it stands it's a farm renown situation.

One note to get the Kingsguard companions and Jon snow, I think you have to be in a state of aggression or war with the Lannisters or the NW to get them, and I think Jon has to be a Lord, so after Mormont, correct me if I am wrong there, I was not in a state of aggro with the NW when I tried several dozen times to kill Harma Dogshead who had him captive while Mormont was still alive. If you are not in a state of aggro you just say bye! And in Jon's case, I didn't get any chance to grab him. So, try being aggresive but not at war with the NW.

For strategy, well, you have several priorities, because you have a chance to strike at KL between turns 50 and 96 like you will never get again. You need a good 270 or so, and will likely need to beat a lord or two. Have a fun inventory of food, donkeys that increase your inventory capacity are a bonus, send out foragers, and settle in. If you have any companions that get pissy about running out of food, send them on a find support mission or something. Critically you should have 30ish right to rule by the time the siege ends. That's about 2-3 weeks on KL, so you can send a few companions out for support and get the required right to rule by the time it's over.

The reason for that troop number is so you can fortify your camp and build defenses. Fortified camp defense is hard against the Reach and the Westerlands because of their huge number of Cav, so you have to be quick.

Tell everyone to stand because they start by being on charge for some reason, so your side projects (your Bravosi and camp followers), will be charging into combat and getting ganked.

I am not sure how many different siege camps there are but if you are fortified, you will have stakes in the ground all around you, you can clip through them but the AI can't without getting stuck there for a long time. So, have your infantry, spearmen and dismounted cav move towards the break in the stakes where the enemy will pour through, stand closer x3. Archers stand closer once and up on the hill overlooking the approach and the hopefully wall of enemies coming in there.

My only problem with the camp defense is that in big battles, it's not continual, 50-75 or so men at a time, then you have to do it all over again, you farm crazy amounts of prestige, like 500 or so from a really big one, and with the memory leaks in this game, just go ahead and save and exit after that battle, because you just ran like 20 versions of that battle.

For fighting the desperate out of food defenders, again, be quick, your troops are charging, stand your ground, send the infantry out, stand closer, there's no cav in this fight, and cav and spearmen out to shield the archers, who you can try to put in a good place. I've lost 10 or so men here, but I mostly play as Qyburn or Sylva to this point for a great level of surgery. I give them a crossbow or short bow, take your pick and go to town on the enemies, I've had them around level 15, especially if I get a good camp defense, short bow on Sylva and 3 large stacks of barbed arrows, plink, plink, plink. So, I have a high survival rate.

After you have KL, you may or may not be at war with the Westerlands...strange I know, but I was not the several times I have now done this, I have been working on optimizing my strategy, everything is based on this, heck, I've turned Pod into a surgeon because I did not find Qyburn or Sylva yet before. Stormlanders are the best, but it's very dangerous to go down there before you have say, 50 or so tier 3 infantry (peasant, levy, militia), because Robber Knights are suicidal buggers and will attack you even when you have 100 tier 3 infantry. Annoyingly they will actually kill a few, but then you have 20-30 Robber Knights to sell to the NW, so it balances out.

Stormlanders get a nice shield, decent armor at tier 3, and that's important because unless you can afford Syrio you are likely to be sporting a mix of Levies and Militia. Stormlander levies get a shield at least, and they have a low hanging Archer, and so does the Reach, the Reach...nope, their levies don't get shields, they are trash at this stage, after you get KL and can breathe a bit, go to town on them, good troops, but I still prefer Stormlanders.

Why is Turn 50ish so magical? The Riverlands join the war against the Westerlands, and most importantly around KL you will have Dragonstone, the Stormlands and Riverlands all patrolling with armies keeping the Lannisters off your back.

At turn 96 the Reach joints and the Riverlands can't handle that, the AI sucketh against huge Cav armies. As for you fighting the Westerlands, look for bridges, and watch them burn.

And lastly, I love this Mod, great work Produno.
  13. SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

I have gone back to 6.2, or 2.2 depending on what I want to do. This mod has been fairly stable since 2.2, so you know, just play whatever works. I didn't like 8.0 as much as either of those versions or even 7. Man I can't wait for these mods to get into Bannerlord, I do like that game more, there is a lot to like about Bannerlord even though it is not done yet.
  14. SP Medieval Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A World of Ice and Fire (v8.1 released 7/3/22)

Nice design on Black Bargeman Inn (Braavos), I like the maps on the wall, I guess they are preparing for the invasion of Westeros, maybe launched via an alliance with Dorne as I doubt Doran was so dumb as to not pay his loans back. Can't think of why else they would have a big map of Dorne on the wall. Really nice atmosphere in there though, well done.

Braavos overall is fantastic, that's one city I don't mind running around.
  15. Money Bug**

Ya, but I was trying to figure out if it was a one time payment, which was the Warband thing, you could have just, nope, every day lol, that's a lot dinars.
  16. SP - World Map My thoughts on the Faction Snowball effect. Campaigns should go on forever!

In Warband the lords had to go to villages to collect taxes (I think) if they owned them, they got the funds (I think), if they were lord of a city or castle and it wasn't under siege. If these lords have to do that then it's screwed up because I think they changed it from Warband so the Lords actually did things, instead of endlessly touring their own realm and collecting taxes.
  17. Money Bug**

Is it just once? In Warband this happened because no lord had collected taxes from that place while it was under siege or for a while before that, maybe they were captive, so the total built up to wild numbers sometimes. I don't know if AI lords have to manually collect taxes like they did in Warband though.
  18. Patch Notes e1.0.2

There seems to be a memory leak, it just keeps balooning until taking up the roughly 21 gb of ram I have available after Windows and such. It takes a few battles and you know, entering cities to talk to people and such, but would seem that it caches too much information.
  19. Where is all the high tier armour? And item modifiers?

I would like to craft it, I have spent some time doing that, I feel like the economy is off, the end product is always worth less than the goods going in, that's fine if I am making something for myself, but kind of meh if you want to be a smith.
  20. BUY IT FROM TALEWORLDS NOT FROM STEAM

Too late. Sorry, I didn't even think of that.
Back
Top Bottom