Search results for query: *

1. What is autoresolve determined by?

See this post: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=106456

And, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36754.msg951564.html#msg951564

which is referenced in the first post.
  2. Efficient, but still cheap garrison

original said:
    The autocalculate obviously isn't accurate, as if you join the battle with quality troops, quality should beat quantity most of the time.

I agree, this is a retarded way to do quick combat. I can think of two possible solutions:

1) Run an instanced sim for every conflict on the map, which would be neat, but probably slam the processor every time there was a fight even though no graphics are involved. This is probably way too much to ask in coding terms anyway when there are so many other minor bugs that need to be fixed.

2) Change the weight values to approximate the results of any similar player fight where the player just stands there and watches. Everyone familiar with the game knows that knight units can mop up huge numbers of ground units on open terrain with moderate losses, and far less casualties if the player is actively involved and giving them orders.

Quick battles for the player also apparently don't take the easy difficulty (damage taken) modifiers into account. That should be fixed too. If it does, I can't tell. There's just something wrong when I can win a battle easily with no or very few casualties by just standing at my field flag, and miserably lose the same battle every time if I let it auto-calc. Siege battles are even worse, either defending or attacking.
  3. [BUG] Script Error 2173

Also here:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105305.0.html

Dev reply:

nijis said:
    I think we got this. Thanks.

Maybe fixed in next patch then.
  4. A trio of nasty messages.

The first two are DirectX related. Try updating that.

Also, look for updated drivers for both the graphics card and the display. Those are usually strange models in laptops. Google SiSoft Sandra and get the free version to try to identify them if you see a generic 'plug and play monitor' or anything else vague in your display properties.
  5. [BUG] Script Error 2173

I just started getting this too. I have 7 companions, but they're all happy/happy/happy and morale is very high with the way I've been playing for many hours. I tried releasing them one at a time to see if it was an individual npc bug but that didn't fix it.

It might have something to do with the marshall of the kingdom I'm part of since I always ignore his summons while I'm defending my holdings. Normally I'm willing to take a minor faction hit and Marnid usually complains about failing quests, but morale and my rep (1500+) are both so high that I'm not even getting those messages anymore when I don't bother to show up for the marshall's 'campaign.' Dunno I'll keep messing with it. It doesn't seem to be a game breaker but it is annoying.
  6. Disabling Npc Interaction - Apparently it was meant to be in the game.

There are three different checks for hero happiness. You see these by talking to a companion and asking them how they feel about...

Choice of companions - should be fixed by this tweak.

Party leadership - I'm guessing has to do with battles being won or lost and numbers of casualties, because a couple times heroes have *****ed about 'bloodbath' losses after repeated city siege attempts to wear them down.

'General state of affairs.' - I have no idea what this actually means but it's probably linked to morality... whether they like/dislike raiding villages, helper quests, killing/joining certain factions, personal agendas etc. I've also had heroes leave because I sidelined them too long (take their weapons and leave them on mounts and they'll just sit at spawn) to soak party xp, so their personal kills probably factors in here too. Dunno.

You can't see the actual number values in game, instead it's text from 'downright appalled' to 'very pleased' or something like that so you have to guess. I'm also not sure if just one going too far negative will make them leave or if it's an average.

If an average is the case, then disabling party interaction might end up making them more unhappy overall if they can't annoy you with how much they like someone else - that value won't go up and offset the others if you decide to go village/caravan raiding or rogue faction.

So to effectively prevent heroes from ever leaving you'd have to disable/tweak all three values. I'm not cool enough to track down the code myself, but I thought I'd chip in some info. If MageLord is bored/motivated enough I'm sure he could figure it out.

Btw thanks for all the work on all these text tweaks. I was getting bored and frustrated with the game until I resorted to hitting the forums. I'm not a python coder so I would have had no hope of translating all those crazy numbers into something recognizable. (:
  7. Native Expansion Mod (Old Topic, Wealth of Old Info)

After playing vanilla m&b for about a week straight and screwing around with text mods, this is the first big package mod I've tried out. Been hitting it hard for a couple days/nights now. So far I really like the diversity of troops and mercs... the entire game balance has shifted in a lot ways, some good and some... well when you get a chance to work on this again, I have a few suggestions. (:

I'm guessing I got the latest version from filefactory. Item_kinds was last edited 10-19 in the archive.

Although you mentioned above you'd fixed weapon damages, I think they're still way overpowered on a lot of the specials since they seem to be popping up on regular troops instead of staying on specific characters. I recently took out a group of Thane deserters and looted about a dozen Royal Swadian swords with uber stats and selling for 6k each. Um.

The Golden Company heroes are way way out of line. Lvl 60? Yeah, the weekly on them is also pretty high, but it's too easy to afford them with the tons of loot dropping on everything. They tend to rob kill xp from everyone else since you'll never get another lvl or or additional skill points out of them. The chick is really nice to have as an uber medic early on. But all three of them can be hired for 500, strip their armor and omg swords, then send them off naked while you develop other heroes with more specific valuable skills. Even in plate they still get taken out by crossbows in seiges or mobbed out in the open. For the price, a few more recruited knights are worth more.  It also doesn't matter that they don't like each other if your charisma/leadership is decent and you keep food around. So I would suggest making them lvl 20 or so and narrow their skill sets - medic, warrior/trainer, ranger.

Lords spend most of their time patrolling or just sitting there holed up since the map has so many bandits/deserters/mercs spawning. When they do go raiding it's with a big king/marshall war party with a bunch of lords and then half their kingdom gets polluted with unsavory characters. While this is sort of realistic, there's not a lot of action between warring factions. The number and quality of defenders in towns and castles is so high that only huge combined armies would even think of trying them. So as soon as you sign up with a faction you have to deal with these omg lord gangs, or join up with them, or skulk around looking for retreating lords that got stomped in a massive battle or maybe, if you're lucky, find a castle/town that was being sieged and the attackers ran off somewhere else leaving it weakened enough for you to have a shot. I'm not saying these are necessarily bad things, it's just far more difficult to claim more than your first crappy little village. And If you do manage to get a castle, you may or may not be able to afford a garrison that can stand up to said huge roving bands of lord/king armies. (: Dunno, I havent played through a really long game yet but so far it's been really difficult to get anywhere even in pansy mode.

Other minor bugs/probs:

- Regular hero hiring dialogs are screwed up (in the version I have). Instead of the normal text it says npc_dialog_response_3_blahblah or something like that. You can still guess and click a response so it's not a game breaker. Probably something in scripts.txt got pushed in the wrong place with the golden company heroes. I'll try to track it down.

- References to the Queen of Swadia still say 'his' ans 'he'

- Nord warhorses/chargers are hopelessly slow and have no skill requirement. I fixed that with the item editor and put them somewhat in line with the vanilla versions, stronger and slower.

- 457 itm_warhammer_talak has some weird skin, does insane blunt damage (twice as much as the oem 2h warhammer) and pops up in shops. If you put these on a bunch of lv 10+ heroes with sufficient str and 2h skill, you can go tear-assing around and every 'kill' they get is a prisoner. Entire battles can end with every enemy being wounded and taken hostage, plus you get their tons of loot. (: Not a huge exploit since you could do the same with regular blunt weps, but the damage is still out of proportion.

I don't mean to sound too critical, it's a good mod that changes the game significantly but it's a little rough around the edges and the game balance is all weird. Just trying to help. I'll keep messing with it and post more later if you decide to pick this up again.
Back
Top Bottom