Search results for query: *

1. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Hey MageLord, do you know if there is any way in the scripting to change all of the skill books in the game to passively add to the skill they do, instead of some adding skill passively, and others just increasing it after you read the book fully?

I have the item editor and all, but nothing I saw in there under the books looked like anything that could change how that works, so I'm guessing it's a script or trigger that either passively adds onto skill, or just increases it after reading.
  2. Steppe Bandits and Khergit horsemen, how to beat them?

Akora said:
    One word-

Huscarls

Funny thing here, I've fought against huscarl's that have gotten one shot by caravan guards who just hit them with a couched spear, it's quite hilarious actually.
  3. Steppe Bandits and Khergit horsemen, how to beat them?

Holding high ground is nice, but it's not always available on the battlefield you end up in, so this is what I do. I just have all forces follow me and I ride slowly forward with my forces, then, once the Khergits or Bandits charge, I stick to one main tactic. I use a mix of ground troops and mounted troops, so I order a full out charge, as for me, I carry a jousting lance for my polearm to couch with (It's superior reach comes in real handy here). The big thing to do is couch their horses. When you couch a horse, it usually won't reset your weapon so you can couch multiple horses with ease, especially if you use a faster mount.

So, I just mow through horses one by one, and even beat Khergit Lancers who also couch, since the jousting lance has superior range to their weapons. When their horses go down, they are nothing but fodder, both the Khergits and Steppe Bandits, and my troops will just mow right through them. I should also note, I use higher difficulty damage settings, so no, I do not do this on easy mode, I do it on higher damage to me and my troops, and a higher ai battle rating, alongside the battle size increasing mod, so this also works with far far more things fighting at once.

If you don't use a mount, then I suggest a poleaxe. The Poleaxe rapes mounted troops big time, if you get a swing in while they are charging you, it will usually one shot the horse if you have decent enough stats, which point they are cannon fodder.
  4. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Akora said:
    MageLord,

Is there any way to change the default action of your troops when a battle begins? I hate having to tell everyone to "Stand Ground" every single battle. There's always 3-4 guys who charge off so fast that they take a while to get back in formation. Can I tweak the game to make all controlled units start a battle without the charge order going by default?

Thanks!

Now that would be a nice change there. Especially in sieges, it's so annoying to see your troops just rush in before you even get a chance to look up at the walls and see how many archers are there to just pick them off from the sides like nothing.
  5. Fortified Camps

Instead of a fortified camp, I suggest this modification to your idea.

How about an actual outpost. When it comes to defending a village way out there, something that would be far more useful and actually usable, would be an outpost. You would let's say construct a outpost, that is garrisonable, and would provide options such as resting there, and upgrades such as a watch tower or messenger post.

For the actual look, I would say a single version would be the best route. It would be a few buildings setup within a wooden palisade walled area, with at least 2 wooden towers. In battles, you would be able to fight from the palisade walls, and the towers, and be able to fight outside of it.

For balance, I would say the # of them you could build, make it dependent on the leadership skill. Per every 1 point of leadership, you can build one permanent outpost. This way it wouldn't be overpowered, would give you new places to put troops to watch villages, and gives you new tactical options. I would also say for something to make them worth it, troops garrisoned in it should be free of charge, no weekly upkeep, with a limit of X amount of troops, let's say 100 max for basic native, but adjustable for mods that increase group sizes. Hmm, perhaps there could be another upgrade option of a Barracks that adds a building inside of it, and increases the garrison amount by maybe 50 or so.

As for build cost, I believe 10,000 to 15,000 would be reasonable for this?
  6. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Pongo said:
    What your descirbing has nothing to do with how gentry and nobility were treated when they were ransomed. Just saying.
    They were treated very well normally.
    Taking an enemy captive for ransom would be the default expected behavior and would probably not have any negative impact on your relations. It was the expected behavior on all sides. The concept was even enshrined in their tournements, were you might have to ransome your armour.
    This game makes it out like something only a scoundrel would do. A scoundrel would kill you not take you captive.

Yeah except when you factor in this is a game, where your two primary sources of income, are blatant and open market slavery, and the mass genocide of looters and sea raiders, modesty tends to go flying right out of the window lol...
  7. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Pongo said:
    Here is a petty request.
    When I allow a lord to be ransomed, I want all of the relations I lost with him by capturing him to be restored. It really sucks that if you take them captive your country gets allmost none of the lords that are available when country is defeated.

Hehehe, I was just imagining this happening in the medieval ages.

You: "So, uh, I'm ransoming you off as a slave, and your faction has agreed to pay me for your life, so, as I've treated like dirt and as a slave and prisoner, we're cool now?"

Lord: "Yeah, we cool."

Lol, imagining that situation made me laugh a bit  :lol:
  8. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Hey MageLord, I have 2 script requests if possible.

1. Is it possible to script change the amount of troops towns get as defenders (Dhirim and what not), and maybe even castles?

2. Is there any scripting that can be modded to change how often the various weather effects happen? (In either/both the world map, and for the individual battlefields themselves.)

Thanks in advance if you could find out if either are possible to mod at this point.
Back
Top Bottom