Search results for query: *

• Users: Diago
  • Order by date
  1. Diago

The 3rd Cazadores Battalion - "Wellington's Fighting Cocks" [Recruiting]

Finalmente um regimento Português. Boa sorte!

Translation:
    Finally a Potuguese Regiment. Good Luck :wink:
  2. Diago

★ 81st ( Loyal Lincoln Volunteers ) Regiment of Foot - Recruiting [EU/NA] ★

Well, sorry bothering your time, anyway i don't care but at least other people will know how it happened.

Still, congrats on your regiment, that's what matters.
    I might as well say that scotland is independent xP
  3. Diago

36th Regiment looking for Map creators/editors

Hello there, the 36th Regiment is a new growing regiment/clan which started 3 days ago whit ~5 members and now as ~15 members. And that's really good, and i'm proud to be a NCO in this regiment. But we have a problem and we need a training map whithout other clans Teamspeak IP's, flags...Only...
  4. Diago

In 1755 a devastating earthquake shattered Lisbon, killing thousands of people and destroying most buildings. The prime minister at the time, the Marques of Pombal, directed the rebuilding of the city. By the turn of the century, the country went through better times. Much of Lisbon had been rebuilt, the peasant class was stable, the middle class was prospering, all presided over by the relatively considerate government of Queen Maria I. At about this time however, events in other European countries threatened Portugal.  In France, Napoleon declared a blockade of English trade, and the English responded with a continental blockade. The French insisted that the Portuguese close their ports to the English, open them to Spanish and French ships and arrest all Englishmen in the country and confiscate their property. Not to meet these demands would result in invasion. Portugal had always had a friendly relationship with England, so the government procrastinated. France and Spain then signed the Treaty of Fountainebleau, which gave Napoleon the right to invade Portugal through Spain. They agreed that after the invasion, Portugal would be divided between France and Spain. The French occupied the country in 1807, and the Portuguese royal family fled to Brazil. About 50,000 French and Spanish troops roved the countryside arresting, killing, plundering and raping as they pleased. In 1808 Portugal got help from the British, their oldest allies. With their help (headed by General Sir Arthur Wellesley), defensive lines were built around Lisbon. When Napoleon reached the fortifications, he retreated. After the war a new constitution was proclaimed and Brazil was given independence. The years that followed were marked by political confusion.

Taken from: http://www.golisbon.com/culture/history.html
    Dont trust your website, trust me (portuguese) i've studied history and know it back and foward.
    They've built the forts of Torres Vedras, which was a combine line of forts built whit english, that were unbitable. That's what made the english and portuguese troops push the french back, since they've retreated because couldn't break trough.
    Lines_of_Torres_Vedras.jpg

And please, dont say that i am a lier and if u still dont trust at least check the books, they are always the best studie, since everyone could have edited that website.
    I'm not calling anyone names, but if u don't learn history right then, mankind would be uncultured and nobody knew anything, at least have the humility to be cultured and know history as it happened and not how u think it happened, so that your children learn it right.
  5. Diago

I don't want to be a douchebag, but the French never captured Lisbon, in fact they never rechead it.
    I'm saying this because i'm portuguese and i learned history back and foward, and nothing about capturing Lisbon.

By the way good luck whit the regiment and best of whishes and many battles won, except against us (if u want to fight us :razz:)
Back
Top Bottom