Search results for query: *

1. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Just an update to anyone still playing Warband and this mod. The moddb page has updated to 1.8.2 with a bunch of fixed and changes so you might want to check it out. I'm still playing this since my potato can't quite run Bannerlord without stuttering (probably because EA title) but can run warband+this mod with a custom battle size of ~800-1000 no problem. This is still also the only mod I have used that has a very good custom troop tree editor built into the game.

Enjoy and happy hunting!
    PS. Yifeng, if you ever come by here again, impressive work. See you in bannerlord!
  2. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Yifeng_konjac said:
    Thank you,thank you guys for like this mod.It's my honour and I am very happy ...
    Well,my English is poor,so,I hope you can understand what I say...

As you know,I havn't update this mod for years.when I at college,I have a lot of free time,but when I graduated and get a job,I have to work day and night...so,I don't have time to make mod anymore(must accompany with family and girlfriend in holiday: )

in fact, I have many ideas about this mod,but....maybe,maybe we can see each other in M&B2~

thank you again!

THank you Yifeng for the great mod. See you in Bannerlord! :smile:
  3. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Bomber Man said:
    The v1.6 MEGA download link is broken

Just do 1.151 > 1.52 update > 1.6 Update
    all of those links are moddb so they should be fine.
  4. [Discussion] - Introduce yourself

Ahoy from the Philippines!
  5. Discuss Battle Strategies

Siege against Huscarls is like dropping fruit into a blender. But I've seen that Rhodok crossbowmen are quite effective against their shields, better than archers. Higher damage per impact helps soften them up some before the charge. Swadian Sergeants are also passable counters to Huscarls as they can spawn with the spikeball mace that punches through shields.

6. Main Topic

Thank you for this mod Quintillius. It's a lot to grasp at first but I like the scope of what you've done. This and the 16th century mod are the only ones I play anymore.

Also to Mio-Cid and Epicrules

I'm playing on a laptop with intel core duo 2.4 gh with 64bit win10 and an intel integrated chip and I run this mod just fine. Takes ~3-4 mins to load but have not yet crashed once due to the game. (crashed when multiple apps were open other than WB though)

Try repairing your install of c++ and updating drivers.
  7. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

TucKMuncK said:
    Heard Nova Aetas has same system but im not sure. Thou Nova Aetas is trying to be too hardcore for my taste

It's stated in the mod info under Warfare

- Customize kingdom army
    * You can change equipment for every player kingdom soldier
    * You pay 3 times the item price, for every item you add or take from the troop
    * Memorize: troops will keep equipment, even upon loading savegame

The mod looks good, although after reading through the info I do agree that it's a bit too hardcore [see also:tedious] especially with the colonial and resource management.
  8. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Yeah, I play my  Cav the same way.

For shock troops I use the second highest tier of infantry, load them up with heavy armor and range weapons + shields. then the last tier would be lighter armored but carry around pointier sticks.

How's your progress with the kingdom?

The bugs aren't so game-breaking as much as it used to though. I had a few save-breaking ones too like glitching the map into oblivion and having 0 person ghost armies in the earlier versions.

I'll post some pics later. Loving the livonian faction with their tier 3 Teutonic knights, Curb-stomping heavy french cav and elite mongol cav 3-1 :grin:

Edit: I don't know of any other mod that allows this custom troop mechanic so I'm not sure if even asking around would help. We'll just have to hope that they do decide to update the mod. That or wait to play Bannerlord.
  9. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

peenerz said:
    Also is it possible to add more branches for the custom troop tree? Maybe even some that don't go all the way to top tier troops.

I believe this is possible but you'd have to go into the code itself to do it. Sadly I've also asked this but never got an answer and I dont have the know-how to code it myself.

Also, nice troop tree.  What's your skill build for your top cavalry?

I remember a bug in the troop editor which gave you unlimited weapon proficiency. I ran around with 50 mounted archers who decimated 300+ armies because of 1000 bow skill lol. This was in 1.2 I think so it wouldn't work in 1.6.. (I tried :twisted:)
  10. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

marusja17 said:
    today i conquered weryodi, made my own faction troops, waited 2/3 days but my villages wont let me recruit my faction troops but my vassals have my troops. both of the villages have a relation of -50 with me because i looted them when the union of linovia existed.

Your relation is preventing you from hiring. Increase it by giving money to the village to raise it to at least 0 before trying to hire from them.

Once I've built my faction tree I'll post a screenshot.

I'll see what I can do with the 1.6 version upload  as well. ^^
  11. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

I have some hope left that Yifeng still continue to work on it. But they have released the code for the mod, and Yifeng hasn't been around since July of last year. These indicate that they either have stopped with this mod completely, or for a 'hiatus'. Either of which means we can't have a board for it.

Mandalorian said:
    Im trying to reach him somehow. If it is live it would be amazing.
    Keep us posted! I suggest checking their nexus mod page if you haven't already.
  12. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

adrakken said:
    First great mod.

Second, if this is still being developed. I would really love to see a city or two in the new world. Have an American Indian city, an Incan city as well. Something so settlers are not traveling to "Kyoto" to trade!

Would really love to play this as someone settling in the new world.

Perhaps add in the ability to build a farm if time allows?

there's a somewhat possible way to do this. If you have started your own faction/kingdom, there is a camp menu that enables you to build an outpost I think. You can store troops there and pass time if I'm not mistaken. I think it's mentioned at the first post.
  13. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Have you managed to remove the "inca boot" error?

I wish i could understand python enough to extract the part with the custom troops. I'd love to be able to put that in vanilla warband.

Anyway, Happy new year guys! Here's to another glorious year of conquest and combat.
  14. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

KhivalrousBear said:
    Well, here you go :smile:
    Code:
    [url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=250920.0][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RLkm1Gx.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/gGX2FMN.jpg[/IMG]
    Thank you! :grin: Man I wish this mod had a board. I'd love to see some AAR form this. Especially when you down to ~12 nations. Continents united under one banner and lords pimp walk with ~500 troops.
  15. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

TucKMuncK said:
    Yacal said:
    This mod is awesome, so bad a lot of people didnt know it.

I know right  :razz:. Thing I found very impressive how much work he has alone done for this mod and how some of the features are so unique.

I think it's a team of modders, with Yifeng being the one posting the work here. Check the nexus page of the mod, I think there are 3 actual modders.

The top feature of this mod for me is certainly the ability to design your own troop trees.

Also KhivalrousBear great sig. may I copy it? :grin:

Edit: You never know, Yifeng might come up with a surprise update. He's done so in the past with the 1.3 update. Just keep playing end enjoying the game!
  16. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

KhivalrousBear said:
    When will the next update come? I wanted to make a submod of this about realistic stuff but I just don't want to start over when the update suddenly come.
    Can't be sure when Yifeng will update. He's not posted for a while.
    [Spirit] Barderino said:
    Really super cool mod buddy continue <3 (french admirator :>)

Oh if you can explain me too how i can change the battle mapsize that can be good :< i don't find where.
    Thank's

Go into your modules folder where you installed the mod, for me it's
    C:\Games\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\16th_Century_the_Northern_Hemisphere 1.6

There should be a .bat file there named: Small or Big battlefeild.bat
    Run it
    type in '2'
    hit enter
    wait for it to load
    hit enter again to exit
    Viola, bigger maps!
  17. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

cascinova said:
    Anyone have any clue how to make the battlefields larger? the small size doesn't give any time to prepare whatsoever. 

Edit: I think i figured it out, run that little batch file and enter "2".

Yep, it's exactly that.
  18. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

MartanCJ said:
    Just wanna say that this is the best mod I have ever played! Amazing how big is it, I am still stuck in Europe but cant wait when I move to the asia or america :smile: Really impressive!

You can literally spend hundreds of hours on one content on one continent, a lot of things keep happening that it never gets dull.

I think cover up helps with morale loss when you "spend too much time in mountains"? or something IDK. Also the too much time in desert is funky. I never seem to lose more than 10 morale that way, which you can easily get back with ~1000 denars. Might be a problem for beginners but otherwise non-consequential for an established party.
  19. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

Vimel said:
    In previus versions the battle maps were much bigger, now I cant even get my men in formation before the enemies cavalry come storming about. What happened? Can I get back the larger battle map?

Something I'd like to see back myself. 1.2 I believe was the last that used the bigger maps. You had ~30 seconds of prep time to position troops, now it's almost the same as vanilla maps.
  20. SP Musket Era global_map_16th century:the northern hemisphereV1.6(released the PY code)

^I think mounted top tier troops take the extra space. Not necessarily "cavalry" troops. Top tier infantry does not seem to incur the reduction penalty.

This is actually the only mod I play nowadays. I have Phantasy Calradia, among others, but this is the only one that holds my interest now mainly because of the custom troop trees.
Back
Top Bottom