Search results for query: *

1. decompression_sickness

Bannerlord & Linux Discussion

sup guys,

as of the 1.5.6 beta (and for a little while now i'm guessing) the launcher doesn't work on linux, meaning you can't mod the game

has anyone figured out a workaround to this? a way to get the launcher working, or manual mod installation? thanks in advance.

edit: found out how you're able to do it. you gotta go into bannerlord's config in steam, and add the below line into launch paramaters. this is just what i have, replace the mods with your mods. everything after "storymode" and prior to "_MODULES_" are mods. none of them really work however, seems like i just crash after a few seconds. oh well.

Code:
    /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*DistinguishedService*First Person View Tweak*FightingTogetherRelationship*KillBanditsRaiseRelations*HideoutSendTroops*_MODULES_
  2. decompression_sickness

Bannerlord bugfixes are now in the latest (pre-)release of GloriousEggroll's Proton build, so y'all can now rely on quasi-official builds instead of trusting my build to not drink from your skulls or eat your livers, lol

Hey guys.

You proton devs have been ****ing killing it lately. Big thanks to you guys.

I just installed this. Here's the quick and dirty of what I did, as well as the results I got.

>installed GE's proton build
    >booted the game up, saving still takes forever at this point
    >protontricks 261550 annihilate (this removes everything installed other than the game itself and proton, basically clean slate)
    >protontricks 261550 vcrun2019
    >protontricks 261550 dotnet48

Almost like magic. I'm about 15 minutes in so far, and it's very good. FPS is stable, no crashes yet, and saving takes maybe 2-4 seconds down from 60 seconds.

Edit: After about 4 hours of playing with this setup, I seem to have isolated when it crashes. It has a high chance of crashing when dealing with your party screen, dungeon, fief management and similar menus. I haven't experienced a crash in the overworld or during a fight, only when managing my prisoners/fiefs/clan.

Specs:
    Ubuntu 19.10
    Ryzen 5 2600x
    Radeon RX 580
  3. decompression_sickness

If you are up for it, I was able to fix that issue using this method here https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/3706#issuecomment-608470661. It involves building your own proton using proton-tkg, and installing a few additional packages. I have the same specs as you (Ryzen 2600, RX 580, 8GB RAM) on Manjaro and saving now only takes 3 seconds, and I'm still getting 45-60 fps on overworld and battles.

Hell yeah bro. I'll look into it. Last night I installed dotnet48 with protontricks and it made my game REALLY unstable. It'd be smooth 60fps, then I'd save (which took 5 seconds, so that's good), but after the save it'd run at 20fps with significant stutter on top, and crash randomly.
  4. decompression_sickness

Using YellowApple's custom proton build (https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/3706) and nothing else, I'm able to get a good stable 45-60 FPS in both the overworld and battles. Only drawback is it takes a good 3-7 minutes (no exaggeration) to save my game. I really hope the devs figure out a way to make the game play well with linux. Game is great so far, but those save/load times are KILLING me.

I'm on Ubuntu 19.10
    CPU is Ryzen 5 2600x
    GPU is Radeon RX 580

Edit: formatting
  5. decompression_sickness

Adding new meshes and models?

Slavos said:
    Do you have Open BRF? Because you gonna need it to import meshes

Yep, I have it. Where do I import them to?
  6. decompression_sickness

Adding new meshes and models?

Hey guys. There are some armors from the mod "A New Dawn" that I find really **** cool, and I'd like to add them as usable items to Floris. I'm a little confused as to how to add new meshes. I have the dev suite. I'd imagine it requires you to put the brf files of your desired content into the...
  7. decompression_sickness

Access to mod's python modules?

Hey. I'm trying to remove some troops from the troop tree, but after some trial and error I don't think that's going to be possible without the python modules. Anyone have the uncompiled python for this mod?
  8. decompression_sickness

Deleting troops from troops.txt

kalarhan said:
    Check the troops used on parties_templates. If trees are defined there you can remove their use when a lord recruits new soldiers.

you can't removed troops from troops.txt, it breaks the game references. If you had the .py modsys you could recompile it. Did you ask the modder?

Thanks. Yeah, this isn't going to work. To do what I want with this mod I'll likely require the python code, but I don't think that's going to happen, as I'm not sure this mod even uses the module system.

What's a good step-off point for adding new armor meshes to a mod, assuming I have the .py? I'm going to be using the Floris Dev suite.
  9. decompression_sickness

Deleting troops from troops.txt

Hey everyone. There's a mod out there called A New Dawn. I like this mod a lot but it has troop trees that add too much redundancy and essentially make too many faction trees jack-of-all-trades instead of sticking to their intended specialization. Anyway, I'm using Morgh's editor to change...
  10. decompression_sickness

Minor faction troop trees?

Hey guys. I've come to love this mod. It has replaced Floris in my heart. Anyway, in my world, many factions have been dethroned, instead replaced by minor factions. Swadia has been taken over by Order of the Sun, and the Rhodoks have been dethroned in place of the Highlanders. This is great...
  11. decompression_sickness

Dark, Gritty and Colorless world map is pissing on my parade.

harlehus said:
    Given you already asked this multiple times on the much more populated floris board and didn't get the answer you were looking for: I'm sorry to say this but i don't think you are going to get any thing better than "You could adjust the gamma bwahhh" in this forum that, to put it mildly, is quite quiet.
    I'm aware you're just putting it out there, i just thought i would give you the heads up on the nonexistent possibility of a satisfying answer.

I fully understand. I was just hoping that maybe this time around someone would have a solution. No harm, no foul.

12. decompression_sickness

Service_Disconnect said:
    Are you set to DirectX 7 or 9?

DirectX 9

harlehus said:
    I for one enjoy the gloomyness and am stuned at how bad the native map look in comparison.

To each his own, I suppose. I personally prefer the native map by far.

Anyone have a potential solution? I'm primarily looking to get the native world textures and lighting back.
  13. decompression_sickness

Hey everyone. I was a huge fan of Floris, and so far I'm loving this mod. I had this problem with floris too, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, but anyway, I'll get on with it. The map is too dark, gray, colorless and gritty. The vanilla map was vibrant, bright, and lively. The map this mod...
  14. decompression_sickness

"World Map HD v1.1" is ruining floris for me

Big thanks to Hanakoganei for helping us all out with this, and big thanks to Kleiner as well for making it so much easier.

I am getting the cursor all over the ground, and while it is totally ignorable having played with it for days, it is pretty unimmersive. I do have the proper line in module.ini, and I was wondering if you have any possible solution to this issue.

Thanks a lot!
  15. decompression_sickness

"World Map HD v1.1" is ruining floris for me

Hey guys, I'd like to apologize if this topic has been brought up before, or if the questions I'm about to ask have been asked before, but this mod in the modpack is killing the game for me. I love floris, all the gameplay and mods it brings together really is the only way to play M&B IMO, just...
  16. decompression_sickness

Please help, the guide isn't helping. Music issue.

Rivus said:
    This is an easy fix
    1) Take the native music.txt
    2) Drop it in Floris Mod Pack
    3) Overwrite the existing music file

There you go. You don't have to move the native music files around because the original music is in warbands root folder, and the native draws its resources from there.

Thank you, I never thought of looking in the "Native" module directory, but thanks.

Anyone know how to get the native map texture? The current map texture is too dark and gritty, it's not colorful like the native map.
  17. decompression_sickness

Sorry for the necropost, but what do I do to fix this?
  18. decompression_sickness

Latin?

stevehoos said:
    Make sure you have this version with the patch:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,245842.0.html

SxjYzq9.png
  19. decompression_sickness

Okay, so let me first off say I love Floris, and I'm glad you guys put this together, however I have one issue. the music. it's making my experience in this game sub par, I love the native music, but the floris music isn't fitting IMO. I play swadian, and I often find the roaring chorus...
  20. decompression_sickness

Latin?

I just got 0.97 from http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk SVN and IIRC 0.97 isn't the latest. Also, I played 1257 about a year ago, and the names of civs were in english, now it's all in latin, how can I make them in english? Also, if any devs are out there, the map has like NO trees, it...
Back
Top Bottom