Search results for query: *

• Users: Teggs
  • Order by date
  1. Why does AI always focus ME@$!@$

It's a sign of respect. The Southern Empire knows who the baddest hombre in Calradia is, and they are careful to take you down first. After that, they can mop up the other fools. Is that not a good strategy? :smile:

It may seem like there's code somewhere for the switch SCREW_OVER_THE_PLAYER which is active by default, but... probably not.
  2. Does "Disguise and sneak through the gate" work?

Look at it again: there is a chance it was -19% not 19%.

That **** happened to me on a 109% chance to sneak in, so I got mad as **** and savescummed like four times, no dice. I was so pissed. I had Clearly Mad AF bug report typed up to post on the forum and everything. Then I realized it was a negative number.

-109% chance. How does that even work? Just get yeeted into the dungeon for thinking about sneaking in? Did they come into my tent the moment I get the disguise on and haul me through the gates in chains?

-109% means you want to sneak into the town, but you're so horrible at it the guards can see you coming a mile off and tell what you're doing. You're trying to 'sneak' across an open space in broad daylight or you're so loud at night they get a noise complaint from someone inside the walls. Or maybe you're carrying a torch during your night infiltration so you can see where you're putting your feet.

Basically, you're absolutely hilarious at 'stealth' and the guards are chuckling all the way out to get you, while they are dragging you to the dungeon, when they tell the next shift about you, and when they recount the incident at the local tavern. :smile:

On a more serious note, negative chances can make design sense if there are sufficient positive modifiers available as well. It could be a way to keep characters from the equally silly situation of having over 100% chance of success. But it sounds broken or incomplete.
  3. Eyegrim is impossible to beat in new update

Thank you for pointing out this issue.  I led Eyegrim and his 880 minions into two Inquisitor armies totalling over 1600 do-gooders. 

Now there is no Eyegrim and a lot less do-gooders. 

I consider this a double win.
  4. SP Fantasy Warsword Conquest - New Opening Post

kevinflemming said:
    Doesn't matter how good your system is, believe me. I have a dedicated water-cooled gaming system, and still experience crashes from time-to-time (although, only a handful since release). Warband is an ancient 32-bit game, with a memory limit of 2GB. So my 32GB RAM and 4GB GTX980 mean very little, as with any and all older games that are 32-bit. And it's the same for everyone else too.

There won't be a "stability patch" because most of the crashes aren't down to any one particular aspect of the mod. It's been extremely-random for everyone. Some crash with Goblins, some with High Elves, some with Chaos. Practically every race has shown-up in a report at one time or another. After weeks of testing, reports, even more testing, some more reports, and lots of complaining, nothing concrete has been determined as the "sole cause" of any of these crashes.

The only thing we do know, is that Warband is running out of memory. Something which Warband does in Native (on occasion) anyway. It's not exactly a well-built game. And people often forget just how shoddy it really is. Now considering how much the mod actually adds (bear in mind, it's nearly 3GB, over three times the size of the actual game itself), and with new systems, textures and scenes, the huge amount of factions and troops, it all increases the chances of the game reaching it's limit far sooner than other mods.

A beta for a 64-bit build began in November (for Linux and OS X).  If that goes stable, and they introduce a Windows version, years of problems with mods crushing the engine with textures and such should be mitigated.  (Well, should go away, but I'm not naive enough to expect that) :razz:
  5. Dev Blog 30/11/17

Two handed swords and crossbows.    :???:  I understand people being used to what they had in Warband (which was quite a mix of early and late medieval gear), and asking for it to be in Bannerlord again.  But such people are probably not thinking of how the game will look and feel.  If we have all the same weapons and armour as Warband, how is the setting supposed to feel different?  It's more likely to look and play like a high medieval game set in the wrong era, if it goes down that path.

On the lance issue, remember that horses were also part of the equation.  One of the reasons mounted, heavy, lance-bearing cavalry did not exist two hundred years before it actually appeared was that they hadn't bred war mounts large and strong enough, I think.  But it's the same issue as above.  You can do it if you like, it just jars and ensures that combat balance will not change from Warband.

I like the description of the Vlandians.  I also think their king looks like Aragorn.  But this time I don't have a problem with it. :smile:
  6. Best CPU for Bannerlord

The_BlackThorn said:
    Claims being made by intel are the 51% increase in multi threading performance...

Gee, you'd hope so, being as they added 50% more cores.

Anyhow, don't forget AMD's lineup.  Without them, nothing would have happened in the CPU market this year.
  7. Dev Blog 14/09/17

Nice to hear about the multithreaded work in particular.  I never blamed Mount and Blade or Warband for being single-core games, given how they came to be.  And I applaud Taleworlds' forward thinking, which must have come well before Ryzen finally shifted the mass-market's perception this year.

If CPU is under stress, or the 'bottleneck' in Bannerlord, I wonder what their thoughts are on Vulkan.  Aside from an impressive potential for performance increases, Vulkan's main claim to fame is lowering CPU usage to achieve the same result.  What are Taleworlds' thoughts on implementing this?
  8. DRM No Steam requirement please.

Steam is not a good fit with Mount and Blade.  It reaches a lot of customers, but the Steam update model just hoses the user at every turn.

By not allowing the user to return to an earlier version, it can make the game unplayable, as in the early days of Warband where several official patches had fatal bugs.  Do we need users effectively unable to play the game for weeks at a time again?

The same 'feature' also plays hell with a user's ability to deploy mods.  It leaves mods temporarily or permanently unplayable depending on if and when the modder updates their (possibly already completed) work. 

If you love your customers, you don't do things like that to them.

At the best of times, Steam is an inconvenience.  People want to run a program.  They don't want to run a preliminary, superfluous piece of software that does nothing but make them wait longer to get at what they were aiming for, and takes system resources to boot. :smile:

For these reasons, I am happy for Talewords to get sales from people who see the game on Steam, but they need to make an effort to migrate those users to a non-Steam version for a better game experience.  Or better yet not include Steam in the launch process even though it's sold through Steam.  Which means there needs to be a non-Steam version.  Steam-only would be terrible.

Denuvo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo is one of those 'DRM solutions' that does weird things on a user's computer and leaves hidden and deliberately malformed files all over the place even if uninstalled.  Because sales of Mount and Blade are continual over years, unlike most games, it would be of limited value even if it had no other issues.  It will be cracked, because people like Mount and Blade.  I hope Taleworlds chooses not to inflict this on people who pay them money for games.
  9. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

I hope they rework the in-battle orders seen in the two recent videos.  It's as if the commander of the army has radio communication with his sergeants, very out-of-setting.  Also, flashing things across the screen like that is very sci-fi HUD.  I would prefer something less intrusive, such as the horn calls alone, and if necessary, a small note along the very bottom left of the screen such as "The commander orders cavalry left" which the player could turn off after they memorise the signals.

Not having killspam displayed is nice.  But having every enemy that dies from melee whip around like they got hit by Arnold Schwarzenegger with a sledgehammer is a bit much.  It was just a sword slice, guys. :razz:  The scenes are nice and the dust effect is good.  Still don't like the unrealistic idea of multiple enemies hit by one weapon strike, though it wasn't on display here.  And 'chaining attacks' sounds awful.  How is someone who missed an attack supposed to make the next one faster?  They just blew it and their weapon placement and momentum are completely wrong.  Suck it up and pay the price.  Don't reward them with yet more unrealistic crap like what goes on in Warband where AI and players can throw steel all over the place endlessly without penalty or care because their weapons snap back to neutral in an instant and their arms never get tired. :smile:

Kind of a mixed bag, but I think it shows improvement, and things that can be brought to a nice, immersive experience.
  10. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

What a slaughter in the Caravanserai.  Now being a 'third wave' modder is a good thing, gsanders. :smile:
  11. NEW RELEASE - v. 0.30.2 testing release

Leifdin said:
    -While I was fighting as Vaegir vs Khergits (I cant remember if it happened with other factions as well) I received an error message: "Missing textures(or cannot load textures): helm_tyrkdetali_a.dds". 
    Can you pleas check whether you have the file in your Textures folder?

It isn't in my textures folder, or in the previous Silverstag's folder, and I couldn't find the name searching on the forums here (I presume you got it from an OSP).  I am unable to lock down which helm it is, as I get the error even when I take the helms off my entire party (all companions), and fight different groups of enemies who have completely different headwear.  It made me wonder if the piece calling that file is even a helm in the first place. :razz:  The other 'tyrk' pieces are Steppe Lamellar of various types.

I did find in Morgh's that item # 635 Heavy Conical Helm uses a mesh named 'tattered_steppe_cap_a_new' which seems odd, but that helm looks fine in game to me.

Edit:

I checked into the mod named Nysne and it has these files.  I copied them into Silverstag/textures and the issue seems to be gone.

helm_tyrk_detali_a.dds
    helm_tyrk_detali_b.dds

Cheers.
  12. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Chii said:
    I edited warband.exe with CFF Explorer and added the LAA-value to it! Easy peasy  :grin:

The problem with that "WC" is that it doesn't support Steam version for some reason.

I opened mb_warband.exe and found that it already had the LAA header.  So did warband_old, so I guess Taleworlds must have enabled it a long time ago.  If it isn't set in the Steam version then Valve cáen me a'báeth aep arse, but mixing Steam and Mount&Blade mods has always meant trouble.
  13. NEW RELEASE - v. 0.30.2 testing release

I've been running through the new release.

Light War Bows have no Power Draw requirement, which makes Short Bows and Nomad Bows unattractive.

Gameplay-wise, I had an Elite Courser hit for 60 damage by a rock, and my rider hit for 48.  That seems a bit extreme, especially thrown by Looters.

I virtually cannot damage heavy-armoured troops in melee, with 2 Power Strike and the Light axe that does 21 Piercing (with 6 Strength, that's a decent weapon).  Actually, it's hard to damage them with a full charge on horseback, I get a lot of glancing blows for zero damage.  I don't know whether this is intentional, because I understand that there was meant to be a change, but it is certainly different.

I'll also leave a quest error with the understanding you have said you cannot address them yet.  If I help plant a Field of Grain and then get the Tools event, instead of my Engineer's name being on the reports screen when planting after delivering the tools ('Artimmenner reports that we are 11 days ahead of schedule', etc) I get a text string about the last book a party member read, in place of his name.  It doesn't seem to affect the completion of the quest, but some register is being overwritten, I guess.  And the error:

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2322: Invalid Troop ID: -1; Line No: 1:
    At Menu [279] menu_qp5_craftsman_knowledge_progress.

Cheers and good luck.  I admit I'm more interested in the gameplay additions Windyplains was into, but balance is necessary to a gameworld as well.

edit:

Amended with a few more observations:

Highland footwear may be given the right armour ratings, but they are incredibly heavy at 3 and 5 weight.

The Caravan Guard line of robes are nice... maybe a little too nice?  They're great wear for the lower strength/dexterity characters by all means, but they are effectively a top-end medium armour at the weight of a light armour, and not too expensive either.

There is a Woolen Hose with Kneecops (Kneecaps?) at 15 armour and 1 weight for cheap, and an identical one for expensive.  I guess the cheap one is in by mistake.

I do not see the 'Multicultural' ability in this build.

Please change the spelling of the word to 'Sergeant', or even 'Serjeant'.  'Drill Sargeant' hurts my eyes.  :lol:

More of a personal view than a bug report but some of the bandits seem a bit too skilled with ranged weapons for my taste.  Getting one-shot while dodging semirandomly at high speed on a horse is something that should happen once in a blue moon if at all.  Since it happens more often, I assume the bandit weapon proficiencies were increased, but maybe a bit much?  I know that's hard to gauge.
  14. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Oldtimer said:
    @gsanders, clock4orange

THX for your attn. Comp has 8 GB RAM as I planned to install Win 7 but never got around to it. The install instructions for LAA patch I never fully understood. If you have any tips I would appreciate it.

Rgds, Oldtimer

There are various tips around the forums, some in the Warsword thread, some in Europe 1200 for example, but I honestly don't think any of them are going to work, or not completely anyhow.  They were effective for mods that strained the Warband engine a bit less and had less bulk in graphics.  Warsword is a little beyond that, I think.

What I would do, if I wanted to keep using that machine, is look into dual-booting Linux and running Warband under WINE.  That may be more effort than you are willing to spend to play a mod for a game, but one way or another, a new OS is the only way to use all your RAM.
  15. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

clock4orange said:
    I played yesterday little and:
    - guilds working well, but ie. Beastman capital city has all guilds, and all of them are great, High efl's capital has only small and large guilds, so I think all we need is two kinds of guilds - regular where you can train up to companion and greater for mastership
    - something is wrong with fatigue, as I have no skills or knowledge yet, but I can run 2-3 days without rest (check reports and my party is always rested, only trigger change from -x to +x)

still, it is early day in-game, like 50 or 60-ish, so far so good,

thanks devs :smile:

Nunu added an option to change fatigue effects, and set it at "very light" by default.  You can set it to medium or original in the second page of the cheat menu.

---

I noticed some bugs with tunnel maps.  I got a book named "Map of Darwen Tunnels" (spelling), but it seems to allow access from the Skaven side of the map (to any destination that has a tunnel entrance, I think), and the Skaven tunnel map works on the Dwarven side, but only to Dwarven exits.

If someone is looking for a few random things to fix:

Simple Yumis seem to have been brought over incorrectly from Gekokujo?  26 damage for a Power Draw 1 bow is probably higher than intended for Warsword.

Araby Women's Dresses seem unusually expensive for their low armour rating.  I thought to ask after the price of Araby Men's Dresses, but the look on the merchant's face brought an end to that line of questioning.

The word "caught" is mispelt when the party catches a disease.

Rigale meshes and meshes for some metals and chains and metal sheets are still "missing", which happened before and was corrected, but is back again.

---

Cheers.
  16. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

There may be more people playing testing than there are reporting bugs.  But with the showstoppers slain and Incognito reporting heavily, there isn't so much to say.

I'm glad the merchants are being restored.  There are so many more items in Warsword than Native, that can't be crafted, we need the greater possibility to purchase them.

Cheers.
  17. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Only a little time for testing.  But I looted items after a battle, (and saw a screen that said I "shouldn't be reading this" just after that:smile:.  And I see the camping taking place after a battle or town visit.
  18. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Nunu said:
    I am looking for the following feedback please ppl:
    Do the switches work (fatigue switch, political messages switch, fow switch)
    Do the Fow feature work better ? (TVC appearing when you are near, disappearing if yo go away, and sticking much longer on the map if you visit them at least once)
    Can you hire wisemen ?
    Did you find any maps in your adventures ?

Do the player handbook reflect any recent changes (about 1 month old), or is it an old version ?

The talking to parties after visiting town game hang bug remains, camping clears it still.
    How long have that bug been running ?

Cheers.

The three switches seem to be working correctly.  I can't confirm the faction switch since my character isn't in one (It shows no messages to me in that setting). 

Fog of War seems to be working as you described.

I don't know if I can hire wisemen.  Were they supposed to hireable from guilds? I don't see them there.

I have not seen any maps.  I did see a treasure map on a book seller in a previous version (the only thing I ever saw on a book seller, they don't sell books), but reading it had no visible effect.

However, in trying to track down book sellers I noticed there are no "Traveler" NPCs about.  I intended to ask them where the book sellers were, but I guess they're out... travelling. :smile:  There are a lot of bards though.

The Player manual lists its last revision on 3 June.  I think that's likely given what is and isn't in there.

Cheers.
  19. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Some initial report for H1:

I noticed helping an epidemic drains your stamina now (at least down to a certain point), as it always claimed. :smile:

The talking to parties after visiting town game hang bug remains, camping clears it still.

Tabbing out of a lair immediately after losing (and in previous versions, a battle immediately after losing) generates errors and a screen with no option to continue.  Imgur is refusing to actually upload screenshots so:

(some message(s) scrolled off the top of the screen)

Script Error on Opcode 2323: Invalid Troop ID: 1106325872, Line No 17:
    At Game menu menu_bandit_lair.
    Script Error on Opcode 541:  Invalid Party ID: 665; Line No: 54:
    Script Error on Opcodes 1609: Invalid Party ID: 665; Line No 57:
    Script Error on Opcode 541:  Invalid Party ID: 665; Line No: 62:
    Script Error on Opcode 541:  Invalid Party ID: 665; Line No: 65:
    Script Error on Opcode 541:  Invalid Party ID: 665; Line No: 0:
    At menu menu_bandit_lair item mno_continue_1 condition
    At menu menu_bandit_lair item mno_leave_no_attack condition
    At menu menu_bandit_lair item mno_leave_victory condition
    At menu menu_bandit_lair item mno_leave_defeat condition

Also, the lair was named Bandit lair and contained Chaos inititiates and Alcatani, but the defeat screen claimed it was an Amazon raider lair.

Unable to loot after battle, with a host of errors the only constant of which was an invalid party ID.  I couldn't tell from the patch note if that was an intentional change related to cleaning up bandit lair resolution. (bandit lairs cannot be looted on victory, either, as expected.)  The player character was alone, with Looting skill 5.

Lair removal seems to be going correctly.

Two exploration messages appear at every time the main screen of a location is visited.  (You have already been here.)

Will test more later to see the effects of the more in-depth changes listed.

Good luck at that hospital gsanders.  I feel sorry for any patients who needed that equipment to work.  Certainly more important than Rigsword.
  20. Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

What do the local people say?  Does Dracula have southern relatives you need to be on the lookout for in the mountains?  :twisted:

I hope you are able to find a nice spot away from light pollution.  And a nice patch of ground to lie on a blanket or tarp, not to mention set up your scopes.  And that it isn't cloudy. :/

----

Thank you for your work on all the patches A-H, and before that.  Even most people who complain actually like the mod, I expect.  If they hated it they wouldn't ask for changes, they'd just leave.  People don't waste their time on things they don't care about (unless paid), and that's true for modders and players alike.  It seems to me several thousand people care about Warsword, which is an achievement in itself.

But I hear there are some stars that need to be seen, and maybe some wildlife, too.  Have a good trip.
Back
Top Bottom