Search results for query: *

1. Franciscus

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Well, I am one such guinea pig. Definitely something goes wrong if I try to continue a saved game under 1.003 with some of the tweaks proposed here under a new 1.010 or even an unmodified 1.003, as I mistakenly reported in the 1.010 bug thread:

Franciscus said:
    Something strange happened with my saved game after upgrading to 1.010, but I am probably doing something wrong... :sad:. I am unable to restore a previously saved game (under 1.003), with a character of level 10+, and I get an error stating "RGL error. Load error: Number of simple triggers in file: 85; exceeds 84". I was using the graphical enhancements mod by Zaro and a few of the MageLords tweaks, so I decided to make a full uninstall,  clean install of 1.003 and patch it to 1.010, but the same thing happens; nevertheless I am able to start a new game, apparently without problems.
    Edit => Even stranger is the fact that even with a clean 1.003 install I am now also not able to load the same game, saved with 1.003 ???
    (...)

This is NOT a 1.010 bug but definitely something to do with some of the MageLord's tweaks I had done to the files in the Module folder. With a reinstall of 1.003 BUT with all the previous tweaks of which I made a backup, I have no problem in continuing a saved game in 1.003. Now, how to know which of the tweaks is causing the problem ??  :?:
  2. Franciscus

1.010 Bug Reports

Franciscus said:
    Something strange happened with my saved game after upgrading to 1.010, but I am probably doing something wrong... :sad:. I am unable to restore a previously saved game (under 1.003), with a character of level 10+, and I get an error stating "RGL error. Load error: Number of simple triggers in file: 85; exceeds 84". I was using the graphical enhancements mod by Zaro and a few of the MageLords tweaks, so I decided to make a full uninstall,  clean install of 1.003 and patch it to 1.010, but the same thing happens; nevertheless I am able to start a new game, apparently without problems.
    Edit => Even stranger is the fact that even with a clean 1.003 install I am now also not able to load the same game, saved with 1.003 ???
    (...)

Just posting a feedback and apologies. This is NOT a 1.010 bug but definitely something to do with some of the MageLord's tweaks I had done to the files in the Module folder. With a reinstall of 1.003 and with all the tweaks of which I made a backup, I have no problem in continuing a saved game in 1.003. Now, how to know which of the tweaks is causing the problem ??

* nods in apology and goes to MageLord's thread*
  3. Franciscus

1.010 Bug Reports

Other strange (or simply stupid) thing I notice is that even after complete uninstall and reinstall, and a cleaned registry, the game does not ask me for the serial key. Am I not supposed to re-enter it again ?? how ??

Sorry if these are noob questions (that's what I am... :mrgreen:).

Any help would be greatly appreciated
  4. Franciscus

Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

Probably a stupid question, but will happen to applied tweaks after upgrading 1.003 to 1.010 ??
  5. Franciscus

the perfect manhunter weapon is..

Hey, for a newb like me, that's a good sugestion. Nevertheless, don't you think it is a little "gamey"?. After all, blunt or not, what do you think seriously would be the effect of a jousting lance, full charge, on a poor non-armoured footman ?? I hardly believe that he would only get "unconscious"  :razz:.

(Come to think of it, the effect of a heavy warhammer on a skull wouldn't be much different...)
  6. Franciscus

Any news on the new module system?

A little word from the devs about ETA for patch / module system would be nice... :sad:
  7. Franciscus

Another wonderful tweak would be changing the default "charge" order in all the battles to "Hold" or "Follow me". Could it be done ?. Get's a little annoying if all the time we must press F1 or F2; those should be the defaults, IMHO.

(PS: Not really certain of this, but the enemy seems to allways attack us. it would be nice if, for instance at least when numerical inferior the opposing party woukd hold atop of a hill or in a forest...)
  8. Franciscus

MageLord and Lord Kinlar, I bow before your infinite wisdom and knowledge.  :grin:

Your humble servant, Franciscus
  9. Franciscus

:grin: Great work, MageLord. Thank you very much.
    Stick this thread, please !

->edit:

Could it be possible to make a tweak to allow in 1.003 the companions to be "garrisonable" ?. I read somewhere that it could be done in 0.960, but not in 1.003, is that true ?
  10. Franciscus

So is mount & blade a sandbox game ?.

chantrain said:
    Mount & Blade is not a sandbox game, it's a medieval combat simulator. Thats all it is imo.

I beg to differ. The best analogy I have seen was a reviewer's that said that M&B is like Elite in a medieval setting. And I loved Elite... :smile:
  11. Franciscus

Mount&Blade Manual

Great job, avatorio. I thank you very, very much.
    This should be stickied, btw

(PS: I still feel that this should have been provided by the devs, in the digital download version of the game)
  12. Franciscus

Online Manual avaliable?

Thanks for the answers. But I do not really get it why there is no available documentation. I know that for most present forum dwellers it is either irrelevant/unnecessary, being around since the betas. But for talesworls it should be top priority to get new satisfied customers. betas have long since payed their dues...
    I also fail to understand the apparent silence/desinterest for this from mods/devs. If the manual is somewhat unfinished, what is the problem of a beta manual in a game that spent years as a beta ??
    Finnaly. if there is some problem uploading some pdf in these forums (why should it be a problem ??), I will ask for it to be send to me by PM, if Zilberfrid should so be so kind to do something that devs should already have done.
  13. Franciscus

Online Manual avaliable?

Hello all, new here, just bought MB 1.003 a couple of days ago and having a good time. BUT, I am really disppointed in the complete lack of documentation acompanying the installed game. No manual, key guide, map, nothing. Even more annoying considering the boxed version will have it. Why discriminating agains direct costumers (that are even better for taleworls, financial-wise) ??  :shock:. I am even considering asking for a refund and buying the boxed version instead...  :cry:
Back
Top Bottom