Search results for query: *

1. Red Serf

OSP Kit SP Mercenary Camps (of Calradia)

Now to figure out why the undead face textures appear white from a distance.
    LOD issue maybe?
  2. Red Serf

How to implement static wars? (Two factions stay at war no matter what.)

I kinda gotcha. Please try to follow the logic below. It's a bit long, but very informative, and as beginner friendly as I managed to make it.

Open up the factions.txt of the mod you're editing. The first two lines will likely be:

"factionsfile version 1
    "

With this 34 likely being another number in the mod you're editing. It represents the total amount of factions in a certain mod (which is usually more than the number of kingdoms, because it also includes factions like commoners, outlaws, the player, deserters and some deleted stuff like dark knights and undead.

After these two lines, there will likely be a lenghty amount of lines that look more or less like:

"
    0 fac_commoners Commoners 0 11184810
    0.000000 0.100000 -0.600000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.100000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 -0.200000 -0.200000 -0.700000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

"
    Each of these define the faction, the name of the faction, and some more stuff that isn't relevant. What you're looking for are all those spaced sequences full of zeros. Each set of zeros represents the current faction's relation with another faction, which ranges from 1.000000 to -1.000000. Positive value is friendly, 0 is neutral, negative value is hostile.

You can count how many sequences of zeros there are, but I'll spare you: it's the same amount declared at the very start of factions.txt (in this case, there's 34).

Notice how the third set of zeros from the fac_commoners above is -0.600000. This means they have negative relations with the third faction of this module (which is fac_outlaws, to which all outlaws except deserters belong). If you check the fac_outlaws which I'll paste below, you'll see that they too have -0.600000, but with the second faction of the mod, which is fac_commoners

"
    0 fac_outlaws Outlaws 33280 8947848
    0.000000 -0.600000 0.500000 0.000000 -0.050000 -0.500000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 -0.150000 -0.050000 -0.050000 -0.050000 -0.050000 -0.050000 -0.050000 -0.050000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 -0.600000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

"

From here onwards, it's fairly obvious. Find the factions you want to be enemies, discover what is their number is (tip: they are always one of the fac_kingdom_some number) and adjust their zero values with each other accordingly.
  3. Red Serf

Developer's Diary

Update: Jan. 26, 2023
    I had planned to complete the new version by the end of 2022 and here we are in the last days of January. I have finished the majority of changes and have mainly been working on optimization of the mod to make it run a bit better. I seem to have resolved the crashing problem with my newish PC. I think it was caused by too many meshes/materials/textures in the BRF files. I deleted all the unused ones and that seems to have done the trick. I don't forsee being able to complete it today but the good news is that I have some free time the next few weeks to complete the mod and put together my list of changes and new credits. Some of the changes I listed in my posts above this. It seems that a few of us are still playing Warband so it seems worthwhile to complete this version and release it as soon as I can.

I should note that the last big change I still want to make is to improve the behavior of horse archers so they don't just charge into the melee. I had hoped that the PBOD skirmish mode would solve this issue but it doesn't appear to do so. It works for foot archers and others flagged as guarantee_ranged but doesn't seem to work for horse archers. If anyone knows of some newish code that will fix this issue, let me know. I have been searching the forums here but haven't had much luck. There is some coding used in Prophecy of Pendor that might work. The behavior of all mounted troops could use some work, in my opinion. Sometimes they seem to work properly in terms of riding past the infantry and attacking the archers and some times they just charge headlong into the infantry formation. Anyway, I am still working on the mod and making progress.
    About the horse archery thing from Pendor, I think I know,which one it is. I've tested it and it works very well (raising horse archery skill on troops never hurts either), but it requires some fine tuning of the values that control speed and distance to work properly
    When I implemented it in my homemade module, the horse archers would just trot instead of actually galloping or at least riding fast, and they would both circle too close to my troops, and take too long to evade them if they approached. I can't remember now as it has been a couple years, but after working on some values used on the calculations, it worked very well, and suddenly Khergits were very deadly. Something about a wheel of archers surrounding you while a wave of armored lancers crashed into your army was just terrifying to watch
  4. Red Serf

I'm seeking information about the mysteriousTagars

So, I've been scrounging the module system for unseen stuff. Amidst these, in the oldest module system available, I've found mention of a faction called Tagars. They have no other content besides their faction being defined in module_factions, as follows: ("tagars", 0...
  5. Red Serf

The Retinue - Warband Modding Contest

It's a damn shame no one participated. I had every intention of doing so, but my texture work is terrible, so I chose to abstain. If it was simply multi-mesh work, I probably would have submitted something.

Still, massive props to you Earendil, you have been the cornerstone of the Warband modding area community in the last couple of years. Your organizational skills are off the charts.

I do sincerely hope the modding scene never dies down (which I don't think it will, since Warband is easily moddable and has it's cult following, and older games like Morrowind still have active modders).
  6. Red Serf

Warband enhancement mod

Ok. Question. Could you link any mods with good implementation of turbans/aventails (except "men at arms"). I've played with one of nordic helmets the whole day (and night), but it is still not quite clear to me how they weight those meshes. Maybe after some sleep? but in the meantime I'd like to check how more skilled people do that.

By "good" I mean that they are properly animated. Also, I think I know why Vaegir helmets are implemented the way they are (cause it is a pain to weight them).
    I'd suggest you look at the helmets in the Crusader: Way to Expiation OSP/ also know as CWE OSP. Pretty sure they had rigged helmets you could use as reference
  7. Red Serf

Warband enhancement mod

Are you perchance using windows 10? I have the same issue with that texture (helmets_b) showing transparent in openbrf but fine in-game.
    My solution was to edit the dds file itself in my Warband folder, just saving it as DXT1 format as suggested by Earendil, after using tools to remove the weird transparency from it.
  8. Red Serf

SP Native Tocan's Calradia - a Native Expansion/Mod Compilation +SOURCE

Those are awesome news Tocan! This mod was always incredible, and several mods build from this base. What do you have in store for us regarding next plans?
  9. Red Serf

[B] TEatRC Warband 1.134

Firts one is one of those legioneers from a special group under the Radiant Cross?
    Second is a Winged Hussar from the Grand Duchy. Also, holy ****, is that a Skyrim breastplate from the Steel Plate Armor? Also, those pauldrons are not that unfamiliar... Nilfgaardian pieces from The Witcher?

Since I just mentioned it, CDPR has all assets from The Witcher games available to be ported and used in mods for other games. Maybe you should take a look there. There's some awesome stuff for late medieval european countries (just like the Holy Swadian Empire)
  10. Red Serf

Native OSP 3D Art BeefBacon's Terrain and Landscaping Pack

This looks so good. I'm already adding it to all mods that I can and editing scenes.

Next thing you know, you will make some tree stumps, fallen logs and hollow tree trunks (just throwing out an idea)
  11. Red Serf

SP Native [WB] Zendar Project (Mod that restores/recreates content from the old versions of Mount and Blade)

This is great! I think this mod would look great by having more posts on the same vein as this one.

About the Black Khergits, there are horsemen and guards. Maybe you could make a hero commanding them (some kind of Khan) and give him a couple cronies commanding black khergit parties, and string that up with a quest to erradicate them (maybe with lootable "camps" working on the same way as bandit camps). Something as simple as defeat their army and destroy their "camps"

In my opinion, they are way too powerful, equipment wise, to be dealt with at early game, and at mid-late game their small number (if you give them scaling numbers similar to the other bandits) makes them an easy way to farm good gear and money.

If you just make them big parties since the game start, they might easily disrupt the entire Khanate. Big parties of well armed bandits can destroy caravans, peasants and even go toe-to-toe against lords. This would kill the economy of the Khanate, as well as disrupt their campaigns by defeating lords who would normally patrol the kingdom or join the marshal.

It is very easy to disrupt Warband's balance (which is already paper thin, since Swadia is frequently stomped). You could thinker with other solutions, as making other bandits hostile to them, or making other presumably powerful parties (as Dark Hunters, Dark Knights and the undead) hostile to then.

Speaking of other parties, it would be cool to see the Antler Knights. How did you code then? I was thinking a mercenary camp, similar to the ones Seek and Destroy created on his OSP codes would be cool.
  12. Red Serf

[B] TEatRC Warband 1.134

Hey Silverwolf, how's it coming along? This was one of my favored mods, I'd love to play it again with better graphics
  13. Red Serf

Meshes

If you feel really lost about the module system, dowload the header_.py files from Lav's module system (search about this one around the forum.

There is a lot of stuff explained there, how lines of code work and what they do
  14. Red Serf

Items

Looks like a rigging issue. My suggestion would be to find any item which has a similar shape and works correctly, copy it, then go to this broken armor and paste the rigging (under the Edit tab, on Openbrf). Chances are, it will be fixed
  15. Red Serf

Meshes

Yes there is, but you will need to use the module system for that. Learn how to install it, then edit the file named module items

["leather_gloves_test","Inventory mesh test Leather Gloves", [("leather_gloves_L",0),("gauntlets_Lx", ixmesh_inventory)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_hand_armor,0,
    90, weight(0.25)|abundance(120)|body_armor(2)|difficulty(0),imodbits_cloth],
    The highlited part of the text is what you should add to any item you want to have a different inventory mesh. Here, just as an example, it shows a plate bracer on the inventory, but is a normal leather glove once in game. They key is using the ixmesh_inventory flag, which determines what mesh showns up at the inventory.

I hope it helps. You can plug this into your module_items and compile, just to test it
  16. Red Serf

[Co-op] Full Invasion: Osiris

There's this script from years ago created by Somebody about using a pistol on the off hand

https://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/5950
  17. Red Serf

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Seek n Destroy said:
    ["geroia_merchant","Giusepe","{!}Giusepe",tf_hero|tf_is_merchant, scn_geroian_camp|entry(5), reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_arena_tunic_yellow,itm_ankle_boots,itm_felt_hat_b],def_attrib|level(5),wp(20),knows_common,0x000000047f0020cf3d1eaa2b5cd1bb1b00000000001e48920000000000000000],

Pretty sure you had the tf_is_merchant flag in the wrong part of the troop code.

Indeed. Thanks for the insight. I was looking again and again over my lines so many times that I didn't notice the wrong positioning.

BTW, I'm working on adding some merchants on the mercenary camps you created. It was a well written guide, my first strike at using the module system, and it worked flawlessly since the start. Thank you once again, for the amazing OSP and the help with this admitedly obvious misplaced code
  18. Red Serf

Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

How does one prevent a merchant from selling his own clothing and equiping items he is ony supposed to sell?

Here are my codes:

The troop on module_troops
    ["geroia_merchant","Giusepe","{!}Giusepe",tf_hero, scn_geroian_camp|tf_is_merchant|entry(5), reserved, fac_commoners,[itm_arena_tunic_yellow,itm_ankle_boots,itm_felt_hat_b],def_attrib|level(5),wp(20),knows_common,0x000000047f0020cf3d1eaa2b5cd1bb1b00000000001e48920000000000000000],

The items he is supposed to sell, define on module_scripts
    (troop_add_items, "trp_geroia_merchant", "itm_norman_shield_4", 3),
        (troop_add_items, "trp_geroia_merchant", "itm_mail_with_tunic_yellow", 2),
        (troop_add_items, "trp_geroia_merchant", "itm_sword_medieval_c", 2),
        (troop_add_items, "trp_geroia_merchant", "itm_bascinet_2", 2),

The only dialog line:
    [trp_geroia_merchant, "start", [], "Greetings friend. Here to look at the finest Geroian equipment?", "npc_merchant_talk",[]],

My main problem: at the first time I visit the scene, this guy is equiped with the bascinet, mail,sword and shield, rather than the tunic and felt hat I gave him on module_troops.
    I can buy everything from him, and visiting him again leaves him naked. Still haven't tested if his inventory refreshes automatically
  19. Red Serf

Bloodpass Warband Map Editor

Sadly, it does not work yet. The same deformations on the terrain are still present, in the same degree :sad:.
    There are a couple things I should mention:

• Trying to load my exported map (which again, was only a test where I painted a single triangle with a different terrain) instantly crashes the editor. The aforementioned crash has been there forever for me, and I never try to use it because I know it will crash the editor
    • If I swap the txt files names (exportmap renamed to map, map to exportmap, the editor won't even load. I guess that this is to be expected

Thank you for taking your time to fix these errors. I really hope it is not annoying you to have so many reports from me every other day.
Back
Top Bottom