Search results for query: *

1. Game crashes all the time since patch !

I'm running windows 7 64bit and I run with zero problems, so you can't blame that. I alt tab all the time and have had it running for more then 10 staight hours. I've had problems before but they were solved by setting max framerate to 60, as I described in an earlier post. So the game can run perfect, you just need to figure out what it is about your particular system that isn't playing nice with M&B.
  2. Lagginess despite my high tech-ish PC.

If you're using v-sync, try setting maximum frame rate equal to your monitor/flat panel refresh rate. This worked for me. The setting is under config at the opening splash screen. Mine was set to 120 and when I changed it to 60 the problem was solved and no more CTDs either.
  3. Why would I want to give away a Fief?

Rescent game I played I was getting charged for my unassigned garrisons but I can't remember if it was 1.127 or 1.131
  4. is it just me or Rhodoks is annoyingly overpowered?

I can understand where the OP is coming from but I'm not going to say they are overpowered by any means. It's actually been several years since I've used Rhodoks, and I've not used them in Warband. But in a rescent game where I desided to make my own faction and use only Swadian knights, I came away with an impression of how they fight against all of the other factions. This is with normal damage and good AI, most of the time using no strategy what-so-ever, just letting the knights charge.

In the open field I felt like I suffered the most casualties to Rhodok Sergents by far. They just seemed to be really hard for my knights to kill. Crossbows didn't seem to be much of a problem.

In sieges, I think it was a toss up between Sarranids and Rhodoks, with Rhodok crossbows really doing some damage but Mamluks being a virtual brick wall that was tremendously hard to break down.

I didn't feel like the other factions provided near the difficulty of the Sarranids and Rhodoks, again, against this one particular unit in these situations. So what I'm saying is that I can understand how in the right situation the Rhodoks might seem pretty tough.

On a side note, it made for a pretty fast paced game to play all knights. It was fun but I'd like to see an option where if your cavarly loses there horse, they convert to infantry or something. It would add an extra challenge to the all cavalry army. Just as a toggle mind you...I like options :smile:
  5. Game crashes all the time since patch !

Valcus said:
    I'll and my 2 cents...which is probably what it's worth. I'd always been stable since original M&B .9xx (right before it came out of beta) and had remained so up through I believe warband 1.113 if I'm not mistaken. After coming back from a break and going to 1.127 I've had problems. My particular system doesn't like something that changed between those versions.

During that time span there has been no changes to my system other then video driver upgrades (gtx260). I realize new drivers can sometimes cause problems with older games but I'd think that since they are actively updating the game they'd also keep up on drivers.

Anyway, the problems I notice are occasional CTD, like has been descibed, but only every few hours, not as severe as some of you. It seems to have gotten more frequent on the latest patch however.

Next is a sound problem. Running around the campaign map the sound will occasionally stutter, like loop back and replay 1 or 2 seconds of music and then continue on.

Third is an occasional 1 seconds or so pause that happens during battles. It can happen at any time, any size, no particular pattern to it. The game will completely stop for about 1 second and then continue on. Actually it's not just during battles, it also happens sometimes in castles and walking in town. It doesn't happen every battle, but I usually expect to see it once or twice every 4 or 5 battles.

None of the fixes posted in this thread have helped, except I haven't tried directx 7 yet. System is core 2 duo 3.0, windows 7 64, gtx260, evga nforce 780i, crucial realSSD.

Well, Ive solved my own problem. Turns out it was related to vsync and refresh rate. I found that if I turned off d3doverider my problems went away. I then tried turning on "force vsync" in the M&B config program and the problem came back. I then noticed a setting for maximum frame rate which was set to 120. I changed it to 60 (my dysplay refresh rate) and then was able to turn d3doverider back on and everything has been flawless for over 6 hours of play.
  6. Game crashes all the time since patch !

I'll and my 2 cents...which is probably what it's worth. I'd always been stable since original M&B .9xx (right before it came out of beta) and had remained so up through I believe warband 1.113 if I'm not mistaken. After coming back from a break and going to 1.127 I've had problems. My particular system doesn't like something that changed between those versions.

During that time span there has been no changes to my system other then video driver upgrades (gtx260). I realize new drivers can sometimes cause problems with older games but I'd think that since they are actively updating the game they'd also keep up on drivers.

Anyway, the problems I notice are occasional CTD, like has been descibed, but only every few hours, not as severe as some of you. It seems to have gotten more frequent on the latest patch however.

Next is a sound problem. Running around the campaign map the sound will occasionally stutter, like loop back and replay 1 or 2 seconds of music and then continue on.

Third is an occasional 1 seconds or so pause that happens during battles. It can happen at any time, any size, no particular pattern to it. The game will completely stop for about 1 second and then continue on. Actually it's not just during battles, it also happens sometimes in castles and walking in town. It doesn't happen every battle, but I usually expect to see it once or twice every 4 or 5 battles.

None of the fixes posted in this thread have helped, except I haven't tried directx 7 yet. System is core 2 duo 3.0, windows 7 64, gtx260, evga nforce 780i, crucial realSSD.
  7. Fighting (and surviving) without a shield?

Yoshi Murasaki said:
    Valcus said:
    Yoshi Murasaki said:
    Rhodok Sergeants have 130 Proficiency in 1H and 155 in Polearm class. You have 300+ Proficiency in 2H.

Even with a slightly slower weapon, if you can't hit back, you're doing something wrong. You can:

1. Read Infantry Primer and learn how to play in melee or
    2. Blame the stats

Join multiplayer Spectate mode and observe 2H users. The Truth Is Out There.

No Yoshi, they hit me because they are faster... skill with the mouse and keyboard have nothing to do with how long it takes to swing an axe...

Yes it does.

It's #2 then. Bon voyage then, you need a mom to pamper you, not a sage to teach you.

No Yoshi, I switch to a faster weapon...no mom required...
  8. Fighting (and surviving) without a shield?

Yoshi Murasaki said:
    Rhodok Sergeants have 130 Proficiency in 1H and 155 in Polearm class. You have 300+ Proficiency in 2H.

Even with a slightly slower weapon, if you can't hit back, you're doing something wrong. You can:

1. Read Infantry Primer and learn how to play in melee or
    2. Blame the stats

Join multiplayer Spectate mode and observe 2H users. The Truth Is Out There.

No Yoshi, they hit me because they are faster... skill with the mouse and keyboard have nothing to do with how long it takes to swing an axe...
  9. Fighting (and surviving) without a shield?

Uhm, I must agree that swing speed matters when using 2 handed against 1 handed. I thought I was too awsome with my heavy great long axe and skill 300+ until I went face to face with rodok sergents. I block, then swing, and they nail me every time before I can hit them. They absolutely own me unless I switch to a faster weapon, agi 13, no athletics, heavy armor. Haven't tried with high agi, athletics, light armor
  10. PC for unlimited battle size - suggestions

I've crashed consistently on siege defense against 300+ enemies with unlimited bodies and had to take it down one notch.
  11. Recruiting Lords bug?

I just now last night finally got 3 people in a row to join me. They were all from Vaegers whom I'm at war with. They said my military wasn't big enough but joined anyway. I believe my right to rule had just crossed about the 40 mark. I remember something in the patch notes that said you could choose the campain dificulty and I wonder if that setting affects this. I haven't checked my setting yet but I'll check when I get home. For me anyway, it seems that recruiting just got easier.

BTW I'm not supporting a claiment.
  12. Old SP M&B Fan re-newbed by Warband - Needs help

The tweek to set variable sell price works fine in warband, and I believe will be added to tweekmb at some point. What doesn't work is the variable price at tavern keepers if you turn on tavern keeper selling. Tavern keepers still only pay 50...or whatever you tweek it to. Hope someone can fix it.
  13. Whats your favorite weapon

Heavy bardiche (two handed, not the long bardiche polearm)
  14. Party Skills

In MB you most definetly got the bonus if your character had the highest skill and I'm 90% sure you got the bonus in warband 1.104. It would be great to get some confirmation if this is a bug or working as intended.
  15. Late Game Weapons and Companion questions (And more...)

Ah yes, I should have been more clear. What I should have said is that I believe you can only thrust a polearm from horseback, even if it lists that it has a swing attack and does not say "cannot be used from horseback". It seems that warband has a much larger selection of polearms so I really need to get around to playing with more of them. 
  16. Killing a Kingdom

So I've nearly defeated the Nords as a Vaeger Vassel. I was thinking of starting my own kingdom after they are defeated. Most of them absolutely adore me because I've captured and realeased them all so much :smile: So the question is, when their faction is gone and they start integrating into the remaining factions, will any of them join my new faction?
  17. Late Game Weapons and Companion questions (And more...)

Polluxor said:
    Valcus said:
    For blunts, take a look at the heavy spiked staff. It's fast, and has good reach for using from horseback. It can be used both 1h and 2h. I'd like to know what the difference is when using weapons like this 2 handed. Anyway, I give all my companions these and they are really effective. I still carry one myself but I almost never use it now that I have good armor and a Heavy Bardiche :smile:

It's a polearm but I can't seem to be able to use it couched.

The Heavy Spiked Staff is 1hand/2hand and the Heavy Bardiche is 2hand. There is also a Long Bardiche which is a polearm. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but it seams that you cannot swing a polearms from horseback, thus the reason I prefer 2 handed.
  18. Procure gift quest ? Weird...

Hmm, surely someone has completed this quest and can tell me if I'm doing someting wrong or if I'm just bugged...Please? :smile:
  19. Late Game Weapons and Companion questions (And more...)

For blunts, take a look at the heavy spiked staff. It's fast, and has good reach for using from horseback. It can be used both 1h and 2h. I'd like to know what the difference is when using weapons like this 2 handed. Anyway, I give all my companions these and they are really effective. I still carry one myself but I almost never use it now that I have good armor and a Heavy Bardiche :smile:
  20. Procure gift quest ? Weird...

I have furs and velvet, but I don't know what to do next. Can someone help me out? My wife gave me the quest, told me to bring her the furs and velvet and then she'll make a gift. When I talk to her, there are no dialog options that deal with this.
Back
Top Bottom