Search results for query: *

1. Warband in Linux

Sef OK b said:
    But now theres another problem, i cant get it to show warband on screen when i run it up, all it shows is the Alphabet on a black background... i can hear the warband music but cant see warband! damn it.  :sad:
    Are you using the open-source ATI drivers? (not catalyst) It happened to me too, there is something in regedit you can do, I don't remember the exact option that does it, but try these:
    - run: regedit (or wine regedit) from command-line
    - go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D
    - change these one of these options and test the game (one/other/etc):
    -- OffscreenRenderingMode : fbo/backbuffer
    -- RenderTargetLockMode: readtex/textex/auto
  2. Warband in Linux

Vornne said:
    With recent versions of wine like 1.3.12, as long as you have a recent version of X, use the XInput2 patch rather than any mouse warp patches; it's much better - almost like how it works in windows.
    Thank you for the info, I'm now building Wine with this patch and test. Note that the correct patch for the latest versions is: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6971#c434
    ---

However, I will leave the other solution in place, in case this fix won't work for some people, like when their distro uses an older Xorg or if they don't know/want to patch and build Wine - this xinput modification seems to affect more than just one dll.
  3. Warband in Linux

Dilettante said:
    I uploaded my rebuilt library, if someone is interested:
    - http://smwk10.1fichier.com/dinput.dll.so.tar.gz - lib32
    - http://8qhwln.1fichier.com/dinput.dll.so.tar.gz - lib64
    Since Wine 1.3.12 (possibly 1.3.11 - not tested) that patch doesn't work anymore, possibly the libraries as well. I modified it to work with this version:
    http://glb-b5.cjoint.net/get/y4t629/Patch_warp_mouse.patch

To apply it: extract the wine source, rename the 'wine-<version>' directory simply to 'wine' and apply it from the directory where it was extracted with `patch -Np0 -i Patch_warp_mouse.patch` then build Wine normally.
    ---

The libraries built by me:
    32bit: http://glb-b4.pjointe.com/get/11v4fd/dinput.dll.so
    64bit: http://glb-b4.megadl.fr/get/m9bnxq/dinput.dll.so
  4. Warband in Linux

jeNova- said:
    Is there Nobody who can help me? :sad:
    I think that most of the options people know to improve performance are already in this thread. What else are you expecting?
  5. Warband in Linux

banker247 said:
    what features did you disable in regedit to increase FPS - i'm on a laptop hd2600 and performance still gets kinda choppy in sieges and 100+ man instances
    Both now and then: UseGLSL=disabled. Previously I was disabling pixel shader, too (PixelShaderMode=disabled or $ winetricks psm=off) - now I just disable it in M&B.
    Then, I put most M&B settings at a minimum, just I don't disable "fast water reflections" and "ansotropic filtering".
  6. Warband in Linux

@banker247: Awesome! And thanks for sharing! Indeed, to have an acceptable FPS, I used to disable most features from both regedit and M&B, to the point that it looked cartoonish. Now it looks good and it's fast, although I disabled some features and lowered some settings because I'm on a poor laptop graphic card.

And btw, I'm not using the stable version but some last one - 1.3.10. I'm also on 64bit - I was not sure if it will work on my computer.
  7. Warband in Linux

penguinlover said:
    I have ubuntu 10.04, preinstalled version of wine and can't get mb warband 1.132 to work. It just crashes after logo videos. In startup menu when I click configure, I can only select language and hide blood (I don't have tabs at all). What can I do?
    Hmm interesting, now I noticed that the configuration tabs vanished. No idea whether it's a bug in M&B or Wine. Anyway, if you'd like to try the option "Force Single Threading" - the one that I use to avoid crashes -, just add/edit this option into the file "/home/<username>/.wine/drive_c/users/<username>/My Documents/Mount&Blade Warband/rgl_config.txt":
    Code:
    force_single_threading = 1
  8. Warband in Linux

iLag said:
    Using oss or esd (Not available in latest Ubuntu as far as I can tell)
    To use OSS, I think you should install alsa-oss (a compatibility layer or something) it might work, I recall it did the trick for me when I had Wine sound problems on other distros.

Anyway, it's not a real solution. I have the feeling that it's because of pulseaudio.
  9. Warband in Linux

virus_found said:
    I wasn't talking about package names :smile: I googled it, and it's new wonderful thing for ati is called Gallium3D. Check it out, if you are interested, what os ati drivers are going to become in the future.
    Actually, I don't particularly understand, what I am talking about.
    :lol: Don't worry, I can't make big difference between these... uh *stuff* (back-ends, or something - mesa, gallium), too, I just know that Gallium is a clean "rewrite" of these things. Good to know that there are already gallium-enabled ati drivers for my distro, I'm gonna try them out.

Herbstleyd said:
    For future reference, my Direct3D key now looks as follows:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]

"DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"

"MaxFragmentUniforms"="1024"

"MaxVaryings"="52"

"MaxVertexUniforms"="1024"

"Nonpower2Mode"="repack"

"OffscreenRenderingMode"="fbo"

"PixelShaderMode"="enabled"

"RenderTargetLockMode"="auto"

"UseGLSL"="readtex"

"VertexShaderMode"="hardware"

"VideoMemorySize"="768"
    Great, thanks for sharing!
  10. Warband in Linux

virus_found said:
    If you have ATI, than nothing will help now. They have only started working on their new wonderful driver with new versions of GL support and so on. Maybe, you want to learn, how it's called, and install it from git/hg unstable.
    Just letting you know that there are also AMD/ATI proprietary drivers ("catalyst") and M&B and other games work fine with them. They're not so neat like the NVidia ones (some quirks), but still the performance is good. I'm using them on this computer. Indeed the open-source drivers are very promising - and high quality code - while I can use 3D application with them, I could not use them for Wine games and I didn't have the time to find if there are workarounds (errors with shaders and textures).

The open-source drivers you talk about are called, "ati" and "radeonhd" - on Arch Linux for example they are "xf86-video-ati" and "xf86-video-radeonhd", on Ubuntu Linux they're "xserver-xorg-video-ati" and "xserver-xorg-video-radeonhd".
    Herbstleyd said:
    I'm afraid that's a bit of an understatement... unless your definition of "more FPS" is "multiples of the FPS". As I said, even hacking & slashing my way through huge melee pits didn't affect my frame rate nearly as much as a few character models standing on a wall do now. On Windows, there was no noticeable difference (as in, negative spikes to below 30-ish FPS) in frame rate in battles with up to 500 combatants.
    So you seem to know these basic issues about the driver. I don't know what to say :neutral:. With the newer versions of M&B I experienced problems (crashes) on my system: AMD Turion, Linux 64 bits. Enabling "Force Single Threading" in Configure->Advanced when I start the game solved the problem, you might try that as well, even if you have different symptoms.

Oh and there are these options for DirectX I used when I installed wine (running regedit), in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Wine -> Direct3D (create Direct3D if it doesn't exist):
    - string: DirectDrawRenderer value: opengl
    - string: Nonpower2Mode value: repack
    - string: OffscreenRenderingMode value: fbo
    - string: RenderTargetLockMode value: auto
    - string: UseGLSL value: readtex
    - string: VideoMemorySize value: <memory size of your graphic card>
  11. Warband in Linux

@Herbstleyd: sounds like a video problem to me. Did you previously use a different Ubuntu version then at 10.10 had this problem? That may mean that you have to install again the accelerated video drivers for your graphics card: nvidia or ati (catalyst).
    Note that in my observations, Ubuntu often does not apply the required video configuration - the one which you set in /etc/X11/xorg.conf - but it falls back to some default (I think it's in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.default ?) when it encounters some error. So maybe you should check that somehow - use the documentation, forums or IRC for that distribution.

Also, instead of manually doing wine changes, you could use winetricks to install 'd3dx9' and 'allfonts', for example.

Overall, I don't think it's something relating to this game, but your OS configuration - video drivers or Wine -, maybe you check for how other video games behave?
  12. US_GK_Server

Ariel of Yalen said:
    Poll bans last either 30 minutes or an hour (can't remember which... :neutral: ) and there's nothing admins can do about them.
    Mr.X said:
    Tis an hour.
    Ah, cool!
  13. US_GK_Server

I just got banned from here :cry:. Someone kept polling for banning me without any given reason - at least no one did answer when I asked for one, until probably people considered that I've done something wrong, I suppose, otherwise it was an excellent team play.
    I have no clue what could make someone framing me, the only thing taking me out of the crowd that I could figure out is always reporting TKs and such.
  14. Warband in Linux

@sdog: that patch (madscientist) didn't work for me. But this one works, tested with wine 1.3.1 on Arch: http://wiki.winehq.org/Bug6971 .
    Some guy (Levor) posted the link on the Wine discussion but apparently it's not so obvious into that bloat - and his link is incorrectly written.

I uploaded my rebuilt library, if someone is interested:
    - http://smwk10.1fichier.com/dinput.dll.so.tar.gz - lib32
    - http://8qhwln.1fichier.com/dinput.dll.so.tar.gz - lib64
  15. Mount&Blade in linux

dryhte said:
    Any ideas? I'd love to play M&B on my Ubuntu EEEpc...

Oh by the way, I tried both Dx7 and Dx9, same errors.
    did you try to start it by double clicking directly on the executable in "Program Files" instead of the desktop shortcut? what version of Ubuntu and what of Wine? try to use the last version of wine from the winehq.org repository.
  16. Mount&Blade in linux

Mount & Blade mouse dinput problem quick fix

- download the hacked dinput.dll.so from: http://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=15550
    - overwrite dinput.dll.so found in /usr/lib32/wine on 64bit machines (or maybe /usr/lib/wine on 32bit) with the hacked one
    - use export WINEFORCEMOUSEWARP=yes before starting m&b or:
    - launch M&B application with these commands:

cd /home/user/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Mount&Blade  **or the path of the folder the exe is locate into**
    export WINEFORCEMOUSEWARP=yes; wine ./mount\&blade.exe

you can find the thread where i found the fix here: http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6971

happy blading!

JanBielanski, i think it would be a good idea to put this in the wiki.
Back
Top Bottom