Search results for query: *

• Users: BFEL
  • Order by date
  1. Reviving Floris Expanded Mod

immortalfrieza said:
    So... is this still going?
    ^This, and also wondering about a feature you said you implemented, specifically: regeneration.

While I'll be the first to admit that I am a massive whore for health regeneration in rpgs, it just doesn't seem to fit here.
    Now I'll grant that you attributed it to "medic" units, but it still seems odd that it would function as regeneration instead of them using some "medkit" weapon or somesuch to heal people. I.E. it just seems like it should be an active healing effect instead of a passive one.

Sub-question: Does this also apply to characters/heroes who invested in first aid?

Really wish I could help mod this, but I have found this game to be utterly impossible to do anything with, I downloaded the "swyter" thing that apparently packages all of the normal M&B mod stuff into a single place (as I was totally unable to get the official mod utility to work despite all the guides and a full understanding of what said guides were talking about.) and even WITH that I couldn't figure anything out. Just wanted to make an actual troop tree for the "player faction" thing and I couldn't even FIND any floris stuff.

Also really hope you deliver on this, it sounds utterly awesome!
  2. Build_Module Exports to Notepad

Thank you Swyter, your swysdk worked and I'm finally seeing some progress! (I'll start actually modding later, for now I'm just happy :razz:)

Kinda disappointed I never figured out just what I was doing wrong, but whatever that was just getting depressing. Thank you Swyter!
  3. Build_Module Exports to Notepad

MadVader said:
    Instead of complaining in colorful ways, it's much more useful if you write down exactly what you did.
    You have a PATH problem if python is not recognized. Screencap your PATH editing dialog with its value clearly visible and post it.
    I sometimes see setting up the module system as an entry test for scripting. If you can't do it, you shouldn't try. :smile:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;c:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;c:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;c:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Roxio Shared\12.0\DLLShared\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Python27

^that is what my path looks like.
    I have also tried a suggested "python not found" error fix that changes the end to \Shared";C:\Python27"
    That fix APPEARED to work until I checked the command prompt like you suggested.
  4. Build_Module Exports to Notepad

typo, I have the backslash in the Path already, just forgot it in the post

but seriously wth? There are THREE steps before where I'm stuck. THREE SIMPLE STEPS. I understand the steps. I think the steps just hate me.
  5. Build_Module Exports to Notepad

MadVader said:
    Just go through the ultimate intro again and follow the instructions to the letter this time.

I did.
    I followed them, fixed all known errors the second time, and then checked it a third, and now a fourth time.

I have put corn flakes in a bowl, then put milk in the bowl, and now the bowl is on fire.
    WHY IS THE BOWL ON FIRE?

Ok hang on, I just found the command prompt in accessories, and typing python in there results in "python not recognized"
    I thought I was done with that error already....I mean I did exactly as the ultimate guide said with the Path editing, then when that didn't work I went through the "python not recognized" thread and followed all the directions there, then the error was gone when I did the build_module.

Its in C:python27 where its supposed to be, I set the path every which way the forums recommended....ugh I'm going to find a python and punch it in the face....
  6. Build_Module Exports to Notepad

Thanks for helping me with this.

As for the questions no I didn't rename notepad, I...don't even know how to access the pythonstartup environment variable so unless it defaulted to notepad somehow I don't think thats it, and yes I ran it by double clicking build_module.bat

So....how do I open a cmd window? (I'm assuming you mean without Python)

yes I am das ubernoob

EDIT: With python it says name:python is not defined....thats either good or bad and my luck is crap :sad:
  7. Build_Module Exports to Notepad

I was loathe to make this thread, with all the tutorials and newbie help available, but this seems like a serious issue and I can't find anything on it in the forum. So here we go. Ok so I was following the ultimate modding guide and everything was going ok until I got to the Build_Module...
  8. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

MadVader said:
    I found out how to get around the pesky "python not found" error but I am receiving a new one that is perplexing me:
    There's nothing to find out if you can follow instructions:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

Thats the guide I was using, and I double, and even triple checked every seemingly relevant step, yet my ModSys cant seem to find itself.

I edited the path correctly, and after having problems even followed a tip that corrected the python not found's that I was getting but it did nothing for the new error.

The closest error the guide mentioned had something to do with not having read/write permissions? To be perfectly honest I have no idea how to set those, and the suggested solution was to put it in to the documents or desktop, and it is in documents already. He also suggested opening as admin, which I also tried and that did not help either.

If its relevant, when opening the build module instead of it reading out in the actual program it opened notepad and threw its attempts to open into notepad, which I thought was weird.
  9. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Hello, I am just starting out modding Warband, specifically I am trying to set up the ModuleSystem.

I found out how to get around the pesky "python not found" error but I am receiving a new one that is perplexing me:

Could Not Find C:\Users\BFEL\Documents\mb_warband_module_system_1153\Module_system 1.153\*.pyc

If I'm reading this right then the module system can't find....itself??? (import existential crisis?)
    All joking aside, I followed the beginning tutorials to the letter, and checked everything I could think of twice.

I'm running Windows 7 and the ModSys is in my documents folder (this was suggested in the tutorial)
    So I have no Idea why this is happening, could someone with more experience illuminate this for me?
    Thank you in advance!
  10. Suggestions

Well I would like to start this off by saying I love the mod (currently running Floris, which has it built in, as all mods should) And I have a bit of a larger idea then you may be used to over here. Something that would be an almost full-on expansion to the mod.

The concept?

Diplomacy-Power Behind The Throne

In essense the concept is that good kings rule the traditional way that Diplomacy has near-perfectly presented, but great kings rule from the shadows, behind the puppet that sits upon the throne.

Currently the best a player can do is buddy up to a king and his lords and hope that they hang on his words enough afterword that he/she gets awarded extra fiefs or even marshalship, but this is not sufficient for the more cunning player, and thus I propose a myriad of additions.

These are not comprehensive, but they would make a good start for this new approach to Diplomacy:

1. First one is fairly crude, but it will do for now: A "influence" bar with each faction, indicating a players overall infiltration of the peasantry, guards, and other rabble. Its purpose is to allow players to accumulate such abilities as having guards free the player from prison (or even run their shadow-empire from within the jail itself), walk straight into enemy towns with no fuss, and easily sway captured faction soldiers to join you after capture (perhaps with no morale penalty?)

I would suggest something like [Relation with faction villages+towns*Renown+Honour/Faction Relations] for the algorithm of what your influence is (thats probably terrible and imprecise for the maths, but its something to work with anyway)

2. Recruitment of spies/agents among the peasantry who gather information and execute your will within the target faction. (would probably need to include these in the "influence" algorithm somehow but I'm just brainstorming) These would be available regardless of whether you are currently fresh off the boat, a faction vassal, or a king/queen yourself (although influence would determine their availability and efficacy) The spying part is obvious but agents would also enact missions such as recruiting other agents, bribing guards to increase influence, and poisoning nobles to reduce their ability to lead men and such. The agents would likely require some form of leveling system, possibly based around Persuasion and the Agility tied skills? (once again, brainstorming)

3. Possibility of creating forged/false orders to both lords (generally for military directions) and higher ranking peasantry (tampering with the nations Constable, Chancellor, and Treasurer  :twisted:)

4. Finally the possibility to eventually completely supercede certain lords or even the king, this would keep said character as a "front" while transfering their powers upon the player. (not sure how this would be accomplished, but once again BRAINSTORMING!)

And those are the basic concepts for the start of Power Behind The Throne. Anyone who wants to chime in/shoot down my hopes and dreams feel free!
Back
Top Bottom