1. Martyran

Official Poll Thread Current topic: Possible 3.6 Addition

I think it will make PoP 4 special and a impact
    so we can all go WOW and OOOOO at the new look and feel of the game

if you release parts in pop 3 I think it will detract from this effect 
  2. Martyran

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Hay  sairtar
    When I am finished it will be ultra clean, easy to follow code for anyone who picks up the project after I am gone. Which may be sooner than you think.......I dont like the last bit of that sentence from your blog !! take your time man ...smell the roses
    dont burn your self out
  3. Martyran

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

sairtar said:
    Initially, I had intended to keep the Dev Blog as a place for less important things, to free up this forum for major previews.  However, I will be honest here, I simply haven't had a lot of time to implement any major game changes in quite some time leaving both locations rather bare.  Hopefully this will change soon.

I like the way you are thinking except aren't the knight..the lords that recruit anyways
    I think really that  Knight should be from Orders and the maximum normal level would be a heavy cavalry recrutable by the palyer

There should be a way to get a knight but only a land owner like the player after he becomes a knight him self(gets a village) or becomes a king  Knight were very expensive and rare and a loss of one a tragic day ...they should be ransomed maybe
    just some random thoughts

The Prison or idea is great I like it
  4. Martyran

PoP3 Voice Acting Criticism Thread

I like the voices but they become repetitious the same speech over and over again  I think not enough importance is put on the voice section of the mod  it can add a lot to the atmosphere and the immersion.
    Dragon Age 2 had a lot of banter between characters when traveling and sometime had me laughing and stopping to listen
    I allways thought the voices in Pendor as a good start
    But need more
    And yes like Saxondragon I nearly fell off my chair when the god spoke ... :grin:
  5. Martyran

Video memory requirements

Hi you should have no trouble with computer specs
    if you read page one of the suport there are some links there ...some modify how windows uses your memory they helped me a lot
    and enable load testures on demand

hope you get it going you'll enjoy the mod
  6. Martyran

Overview, Game Manual and Strategy Guide

Hi all Just found this new manual in the download section its called Overview, Game Manual and Strategy Guide http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=3161 what a great piece of work!! If all of you enjoy the mod this adds a lot of depth in one place rather than all over the forum...
  7. Martyran

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

good job guys on the patch !

I am not sure what you have done but I have graphics to max 150 battle size  and i am getting a minimum of 72 frame rate

love the changes as well

I have played Pendor since the first version I think ...and the game I have started feels different some how ..not sure how just different :smile:

with that exact information you can see why I never Beta test  :grin:
  8. Martyran

Caption Contest

OK My arrow can do 38 points  dammage if I hit him in the head I might do 25 through that helm ...He has a two handed sword ...Oh Crap I hope the doctor isnt wounded !!
  9. Martyran

[S] Scaedumar Mod - Beta version released

I am glad you havent left this mod it shows real promise and some very inovative ideas !!! looking forward for real life to let you get back to it
  10. Martyran

WARBAND ONLY - PoP 3.x WARBAND BUG AND SUPPORT THREAD

manekemaan said:
    Just wanted to ask how are the ingame problems doing? I mean is there anyone taking a look at it? I've been reluctant to play pop again as I tried multiple times while following the posts on the first page. They indeed fixed my inbattle problems but suddenly i was experiencing random game crashes to the destkop.

Note: this is not at all ment to anoy anyone, i'm just not extremely tactical in english as it is not my native tongue. just wanted to ask if there is anyone still working on this version of pop.
    sorry had a look but does it happen  in a new game ?
    have you patched to the latest version or warband and pop?
    what operating system ?
    do you have a error log ?
    I had proplems to start with but after aplying the fixes on the first page
    I am playing 150 battles 400 plus days with allmost full graphics on windows 7 32 bit sytem with 4 gig of ram
  11. Martyran

saunai said:

I download microsoft C++ 2010 and install but it still doesn't work.What should i do?

Sorry for small picture and may bad english.Thank!!
    Hi
    My problem of this crash was fixed by
    This has also helped a LOT of people with similar problems:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html
    and what noosers said page one (1) has it all !!!
  12. Martyran

RGL Error

I think you might have a corrupt file ?
    try re downloading game ?
    sorry all I can think of
  13. Martyran

Evilbookworm said:
    Well I'm still getting the flickering issue.  It happens during most battles, sometimes 2 times in a single battle.  Also I get a crash every time reinforcements show up.

I give up at this point.  I love this mod, I really wanted to play it in warband, but whatever is doing this is simply too much of a hassle.  I'm going to try one more thing, to delete and reinstall warband itself, then quit.  Every other mod works, and I have 40 some hrs in warband before this.

I've tried:
    Commenting buffers
    directx7
    cutting blood
    removing bodies
    lowering all graphics settings
    lowering battle sizer
    lowering frame rate
    textures on demand
    shadow quality
    texture quality
    unforcing single threading
    uninstall/delete/reinstall PoP (twice)
    lower resolution.

and probably a few things I missed that were suggested at one point or another.

The only thing I didnt' do was change my video drivers, for the simple reason that I have to restart, and my computer has a sound problem where restarting isn't a good idea on a regular basis, and I don't even know which drivers would work.

Thanks for the help all.  I may try again whenever I want to play M&B, or I may just DL the old 1.011 mod.  Have fun everyone!  (assuming the warband delete doesn't work.)

frustrating I would say
    the thing that turned the corner on my problems was
    and the ATI treebeard graphic card thing
    I run dx 9 99% textures 150 battles have vertic sync and 60 frames lowered trees to 70% about
    I even run HDR now but no antiasing
    I get the graphic distortion when coming out of cities but only near large water areas
    but it soon corrects its self
    I have win7 32 machine 4 gig of ram I5 Processor and a ATI 5870 card

beat me too in ManOfHonor  :grin:
  14. Martyran

Treebeard said:
    Martyran said:
    Just got script error
    I ransomed back Kivara and anson fron Sirlon empire through a ransomer ?? is that the word ??
    when she joined the party I got the following
    SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 101: Invalid Party ID: 346; LINE NO: 134:

Hmm ... OP code 101 means that the function "hero_can_join" failed. Did you have a full party at the time when you ransomed Kaverra and Ansen back?

When Anson dialog came up for hia return it said the same script errors , i had still 40 troop alots open
    he joined ok
    must be one of those famous Warband script hiccups

doesnt seem to have effected anything else but will keep you updated if any else happens
  15. Martyran

Just got script error
    I ransomed back Kivara and anson fron Sirlon empire through a ransomer ?? is that the word ??
    when she joined the party I got the following
    SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 101: Invalid Party ID: 346; LINE NO: 134:
    At Game Triggers trigger no: 23 consequences. At Game Triggers trigger no: 23 consequences. SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 101: Invalid Party ID: 361; LINE NO: 134:
    At Game Triggers trigger no: 23 consequences. At Game Triggers trigger no: 23 consequences.

everything seems ok though, I took a screenshot bit on this windows 7 computer I have no idea where it puts them ..tried the usuual places ???/
    got the above out of the rl log

excuse my spelling errors ...its 12.40 am here and I am tired just going to bed
  16. Martyran

Merry Christmas Anyone!

Merry Christmas to all you Pendorians !!!
    tet the Jatsu and Heretics ride on by you in the new year !
  17. Martyran

Understanding the Training ground building

Treebeard said:
    Wu-long said:
    great and i upgraded the training ground lol so don't upgrade that for now?

The training ground is a prerequisite for founding a knighthood order, it gives a bit extra income too, so you still should have a training ground.

And there are ways to fix it so soon it will be good to have for training purposes as well.

Edit: There was a typo in the code that made the xp always be 0 for players. It's fixed now.

Patch????
    or waiting until the lords stuck in castles to be resolved?
    Not pushing  :grin:
  18. Martyran

TimotheusTJB said:
    I used the search and put "this topic" and did find one concerning a similar issue, but didn't see a way to fix the problem. Will try some of the suggestions later. Currently my sister is on the laptop so I can't right now. If I'm not able to fix it using the suggestions above ill modify this post and let you know.

I had the problem
    but it went away turn off blood,vertical sync your monitor turn off hdr
    if you have a ATI video card follow Treebreads advice on the stikied section

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,147936.0.html

You will find that the runtime problem is connected to memory

these helped me

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127609.0.html

THis advice from Treebeard turned the corner for me

Turn off HDR (and environmental shadows), but also turn off all blood (in the pre-launch menu before where you select module to play thee is a Configure option). In Configure, check the Hide Blood option. You have an HD5870? Do you have any anti-virus program running in the background. Turn it off for testing purposes. It's not necessarily your graphics that causes the freezes. Have you updated your sound drivers too? In the configure window in pre-launch, disable sound and music to see if your sound has anything to do with it.

Also, if you by chance have "force single-threading" on, then turn it off. Furthermore, I'd set the video options in the configure window to force vertical sync and have pixel shaders checked too. The other video options can be unchecked.

If you have any other unnecessary programs running in the background I'd turn them off.

I hope this helps

19. Martyran

Thanks Treebeard
    you give sound advice there are still some long pauses going into a new area such as town or castle ..quite long and scary but the battles are stutter free
    tree distance has a great effect and I had to can the partical system but still tinkering might be able to get that with less texture
    I got 89 texture detail so can bring that down so i get fire in fire places  :grin:
    Thanks again Treebeard

Treebeard said:
    Martyran said:
    I am aving all sorts of problem getting mine to run
    may I ask you what graphic settings are you running ??

I have a I5 processor with 4 gig of ram ATI 5880 ? I think video card and windows 7 32
    I have updated the ati drivers ...reinstalled directx latest version reinstalled warband , and downloaded the mod twice
    I have applied the treebeard ati stuff, 50% graphics 100 battle ...all the rest
    no shadows I would hate to go to direcx 7 as its real ugly 
    the only thing i havent done is the option boxes light partical and HDR ...the game in battles freezes then goes a bit then freezes makes battle impossable
    I

Turn off HDR (and environmental shadows), but also turn off all blood (in the pre-launch menu before where you select module to play thee is a Configure option). In Configure, check the Hide Blood option. You have an HD5870? Do you have any anti-virus program running in the background. Turn it off for testing purposes. It's not necessarily your graphics that causes the freezes. Have you updated your sound drivers too? In the configure window in pre-launch, disable sound and music to see if your sound has anything to do with it.

Also, if you by chance have "force single-threading" on, then turn it off. Furthermore, I'd set the video options in the configure window to force vertical sync and have pixel shaders checked too. The other video options can be unchecked.

If you have any other unnecessary programs running in the background I'd turn them off.

20. Martyran

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
    That is absolutely NOT the case, as you'd know if you'd read Achilla's and the Dev posts.  My system is only 32 bit, XP, over 18 months old Dell Precision T3400 with about 3.64 ram.  I play the game just fine on this equipment without crashes.  And, I might add, I've played every beta and released game of PoP since the release of PoP 2, which is how long I've been on the Dev Team.

Now please read Achilla's explanation of ram, etc.  Use the search function to find it in this thread.  This impression that you need 64 bit, mega ram, top flight equipment, was conveyed by a post from Hoellenbewohner who is not a member of the Dev Team.

I am aving all sorts of problem getting mine to run
    may I ask you what graphic settings are you running ??

I have a I5 processor with 4 gig of ram ATI 5880 ? I think video card and windows 7 32
    I have updated the ati drivers ...reinstalled directx latest version reinstalled warband , and downloaded the mod twice
    I have applied the treebeard ati stuff, 50% graphics 100 battle ...all the rest
    no shadows I would hate to go to direcx 7 as its real ugly 
    the only thing i havent done is the option boxes light partical and HDR ...the game in battles freezes then goes a bit then freezes makes battle impossable
    I
Back
Top Bottom