Search results for query: *

1. Lord of Shadows

Assessing Taleworlds As a Company

They don't take 8 years to put out turds though, usually a year and a half at most.
    Just because a game is announced a year before release doesn't mean that's when the development started. Bannerlord got announced before they even had the game engine ready.

Well, I don't think this game is a turd. It's still Mount & Blade, but with improved graphics, physics, bigger world, more activities and options, etc..

User feedback on Steam is currently listed as 'very positive.' It seems to be selling well. Can't say that about The Division 2 or Breakpoint.
    I think he's talking about those other games.
  2. Lord of Shadows

Should there be an age slider like there was in Warband?

I understand that. But that doesn't mean you can't start off your campaign as a younger person instead.
    I'm not against there being an age slider or anything, I'm just saying that's probably why they didn't enable it.
  3. Lord of Shadows

Should there be an age slider like there was in Warband?

They disabled the age slider because you can age and die in this game and then play as your successors.
  4. Lord of Shadows

I really didn't want to be this disappointed

Why don't we all agree to disagree.

Any and all perceived issues in this game are dismissed as "early access road-bumps." This forum is a think-tank for idiots rationalizing sunk-cost, and an 8 year development cycle with nothing to show for it except a re-skinned Warband-lite with some QoL UI features. 8 years of hype has created a mob mentality of "this is fine" while the game crashes incessantly, quests bug out, and "STRING_GOES_HERE" dialogue pops up.
    I'm probably one of those people too, but some things can't be changed. I don't think I'm an idiot for believing in a game regardless of how long it's being developed.
  5. Lord of Shadows

I certainly didn't buy Bannerlord for the full experience. If I wanted the full experience I would have waited for the full release (although my "hype" and the long wait wouldn't have allowed me to). I consider it as a future investment. Feel free to disagree with me (as you do).
  6. Lord of Shadows

Sure. Those are all great and I never once said they are irrelevant. They are just not particularly noteworthy for something so long in development (in my opinion).
    I would ask that if you make an argument, please use factual information so as to not intentionally distort your opponent's intent.
    No offence, it's just that in my eyes you're making it sound like having no super cool features makes it a bad game. I guess we just have different expectations for the game.
  7. Lord of Shadows

Meanwhile I paid $15 for CSGO, the full game, which is now the pinnacle of competitive FPS and has been for years even succeeding to keep high player counts despite Overwatch's release. They then made the game free and continue to add content, update the game, and there's even rumor of updating the engine entirely.

I paid $12 for ARK in EA, albeit on sale but I'm pretty sure it was no more than $30, and had way more content, and "free 24/7 development for the next two years". It's also still being updated.

I paid $20 for Rust in EA. it also had two+ years of constant improvement and development. Though it was significantly different when I bought it from where it is now, it was constantly improved upon, but never asked for more. It's also still being updated.

Rimworld is/was $20 and that was EA, also saw more features at launch and at a far reduced price point. It's also still being updated.
    I bought Rocket League 2 years ago and I now have 1000+ hours on it. Does that make Bannerlord a bad purchase?
  8. Lord of Shadows

What are the features that we simply have to be excited about?
    Are you not excited about the crafting system? Or having children and successors? Or any of the new features really? Just because you're not excited about something doesn't make it irrelevant.
  9. Lord of Shadows

The reason why **** games have been coming out in the past decade is because of the fan boys and white knights. Oh, it's fine. It'll be ironed out. It's beta, blah blah blah. OMG. Can't even launch the game.
    There's probably 200k+ people playing each on a slightly different PC. You can't possibly account for every single configuration to work perfectly 100% of the time. Stuff like that happens. And they'll fix it ASAP.
  10. Lord of Shadows

Complaining is good. If enough people complain the devs will eventually catch wind of something missing that people really want and add it.
    That's not how it works. Sure, maybe for some small insignificant feature. But we're talking about much bigger features here. Kingdom management, weapon crafting, diplomacy, death/aging. I'm sure they know we want it. Us complaining won't make them work faster.
  11. Lord of Shadows

You are allowed to expect more and be a bit disappointed (hell, even I am slightly disappointed), but complaining how an incomplete game is incomplete is kinda pointless.
  12. Lord of Shadows

The map is a significant graphical improvement.no doubt, but on a serious note what is so different that we should be impressed by excluding the spectacular graphics for the overhead map.
    I'm just saying the graphical improvement is a bit more than a fresh coat of paint. Also, he mentioned earlier how the number of fiefs was the same.

If you analyze Warband and directly compare it to the current features of Warband I personally feel that those features could have definitely been implemented in that time frame or even in a few more months time based on what they have right now. They're not Ubisoft, but smaller teams do a lot more in a lot less time. Subnautica was made by about four people if I'm not mistaken. Undertale was pretty much made by one guy. Any while some of these games may not have that kind of depth, TW had way more than four people and way more time. So yes, it's a little concerning. I never said they were doing nothing, but that's a lot of empty time.
    Honestly I can't speak for those other games and I don't know myself why the game took so long (except the whole engine building thing and scratching everything after like 2-3 years). I'm sure they have their reasons. I believe that the game will be just fine by the end of early access and I don't like that other people don't.
    But then again, I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind anything so yeah...
  13. Lord of Shadows

The map looks a little nicer but its the same thing just with a fresh coat of paint.
    Ain't that an understatement.

I'm tired of people using 8 years of development as an argument for an incomplete game. This isn't Ubisoft we're talking about where they keep pumping out games every year. And yes, I know it's an unfair comparison but I'm sure TaleWorlds aren't sitting on their butts doing nothing.
  14. Lord of Shadows

So why exactly did you buy Early Access? What did you expect out of it?
  15. Lord of Shadows

1. I have a GTS 2080 and an i7. Sieges drop a lot of frames at battle size 500. I never had any lag in Warband.
    2. Pretty sure the number of properties in both games are about even but whether one game or the other has a few more is irrelevant. They're exactly the same as the last game -- there's nothing new about the map.
    3. The AI in fields seems better, the AI in sieges is completely busted.
    4. Most of that already existed in Warband. There is new stuff like the hereditary system but Bannerlord is still (currently) missing more stuff from Warband than it added.
    5. Yeah the death animations look a little better that's true but it is a pretty small improvement and I couldn't care less how the game looks. This game is all about gameplay to me.
    7. You always get the same dialogue options, you just get slightly better chances based on personality. As you said, it is largely inconsequential and about 20% of what it should be.
    8. I know it's in EA but you asked me to compare it to Warband so what can I do other than compare what exists right now?
    1. Performance issues will surely be fixed by the time of the full release.
    2. Wrong. There are a lot more towns/castles/villages in Bannerlord. Can't remember the exact numbers but I guess you can count them yourself. Or just open both games and eyeball it. Not to mention the extremely detailed campaign map.
    3. Again, will be fixed eventually.
    4. Most meaning 1 thing (trade rumors)? I don't remember a clan system in Warband. Or the army system. Or the whole death/aging system.
    7. Again, I'm sure they are working on it.
    Regardless, comparing half a game to a whole game still isn't fair.

Edit: Looks like ricewind and I had the same idea.
  16. Lord of Shadows

My point of view is that Early Access is simply a term.
    "Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles, such as pre-alpha, alpha, and/or beta, while the developer is able to use those funds to continue further development on the game." - Wikipedia

The game is still very much in development. You're criticizing it for not having the features they promised to be in full release. There's a big difference.
  17. Lord of Shadows

You guys are complaining that the game is unfinished when the devs themselves said it's unfinished...
    The only mistake the devs made IMO is announcing the game so early.
  18. Lord of Shadows

Updates?

Beta was updated every week or so. Don't know if it will be the same now.
  19. Lord of Shadows

Unskippable startup videos

Back
Top Bottom